Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Anyone have ideas about why Windhelm--and sepcifically Windhelm--would be causing FPS issues? Everywhere else is fine, Windhelm sends performance to hell. I can't identify any Windhelm-specific mods that might be at fault?

EDIT: It was the obvious thing: JK's AIO (or one of the associated patches). Anyone else have issues with this?

On 11/23/2020 at 5:18 PM, babalooch said:

Yeah, you missed my point, but perhaps I could have been clearer. I'm using MO2 for this, not Vortex. 

My point is that I did what many, many, MO2 people say is either impossible or too much work. They are full of crap. It is neither, for me anyway. However, I want to spend more time playing Skyrim, and less time doing what feels like my job modding it.  Thus, I am trying the MO2 approach listed here.

So far, it appears I've made the right choice: this is much less hassle, and testing is coming along nicely. My extensive experience with Vortex tells me that it cannot be left to its own devices(following the LOOT-suggested choices). MO2 can be just as dangerous, unless somebody hands you a gold-tested load order.

I guess the only reason I brought up Vortex is: it uses LOOT almost exclusively. So using it = starting with an outdated load order then fighting it, using groups and rules, the rest of the way. Given that experience, if you're told not to use LOOT, don't use it. That is my point. 

Vortex can be to much hassle. If you are new to modding or IT in general. Most people on the internet (and you can see this just in these pages) want quick immediate results. So using MO2 is a way to put training wheels on them so if they do completely mess up it's not as hard to fix. Some of the people in these pages are under 18. That's a given with the laughable age check and sometimes horrific grammar (i know i'm not the best but some i've had to sit and decode with me teenagers help). People want {click click play hahaha dragon melt} not sitting at the computer for 3-5 days just downloading and installing hundreds of mods that covers even one little leaf on a bridge. For those that have IT Vortex is a viable alternative to MO2, like anything individual mileage may vary. 
But I do agree with everything you did say, which is take the time to start right and the end result can and will be phenomenal. Regardless of what you start with. 

@komupuro

I'll temporarily reupoload it here. Done

Reinstall it and check the pathing.

V8R2 for CBBE

@Varithina

V8 R2 works fine with CBBE/3BBB.

@wollboi

There are two versions of TML (one in LOS and a separate one). Some patches work with both, some don't.

@ascendentkunglao

Telling us the location would help...

DynDOLOD

The 'new' version works. But it is even more 'prissy' (as someone else remarked). You have to clean its cache even between the texture generation and the final LOD creation. Otherwise there will be sideeffects like floating rock formations, floating trees and other strange things.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

DynDOLOD

The 'new' version works. But it is even more 'prissy' (as someone else remarked). You have to clean its cache even between the texture generation and the final LOD creation. Otherwise there will be sideeffects like floating rock formations, floating trees and other strange things.

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of EVT.....Since it updated I went for the 350mb+ Custom Large Trees as it was the only variant that had the Large option...I'm gonna try that version and re-install the .ini and let you know how it goes

On 11/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, IdosheJungo said:

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of EVT.....Since it updated I went for the 350mb+ Custom Large Trees as it was the only variant that had the Large option...I'm gonna try that version and re-install the .ini and let you know how it goes

There's no wrong version. ;)

The only thing is that some of the custom trees got a noticable pop-in (so i can't recommend using those). Imho it boils down to either 'vanilla trees' or 'lush' and then 'standard size' or 'larger trees'. 

When it comes down to performance i'd go 'standard/vanilla'. 

Love the list and everything works great except with Dyndolod. Pretty sure im doing it right just when ever its active and I use the bed to leave the starting cell I get an infinte loading screen. Any idea what could be causing it? I've run it twice now with both times taking hours, any help would be appreiated.

1 hour ago, AnonBerserker said:

Love the list and everything works great except with Dyndolod. Pretty sure im doing it right just when ever its active and I use the bed to leave the starting cell I get an infinte loading screen. Any idea what could be causing it? I've run it twice now with both times taking hours, any help would be appreiated.

Try running the cache cleaner script before Textgen and between it and DynDOLOD.

So! New problem ... maybe I can get some help. I'm crashing/locking up between the 'Riverside Shack' and Morvunskar. I've turned off/on mods, cleaned my saves and can't figure out what is going on. When I get to the Shack, it hitches, and then I can't change weapons/spells, Inigo bugs out badly ( I've tried dismissing him, it doesn't help ), and I don't know if it's proximity to Movunskar or Kynesgrove.. I'm on the MQ to meet in Kynesgrove to kill a dragon for the Blades, and .... that's it. I'm stuck. Other than just turning things on and off, how can I find out what's going on? Anyone?

5 hours ago, Varithina said:

Not a happy day for those poor turkeys though is it. ?

It's why I do tofurky.

@EvilCampinCow Sounds like a missing/conflicting mesh right in that area. Maybe try disabling some of your tree mods and see if that makes a difference. Rerunning DynDOLOD would also be a start.

@AkiKay You would have no trouble with those specs.

@ascendentkunglao I don't think so, but why wouldn't you already have them in the correct order?

3 hours ago, wollboi said:

It's why I do tofurky.

@EvilCampinCow Sounds like a missing/conflicting mesh right in that area. Maybe try disabling some of your tree mods and see if that makes a difference. Rerunning DynDOLOD would also be a start.

I literally turned everything off and it still crashes. If I load an SKSE from my Skyrim install folder, I can go there, but my MO2 folder launch CTD's every time. New games, COC WindhelmOrigin or COC Kynesgrove CTD's or infinite loadscreens. I have no freakin' clue.

Looks like it was Smoking Torches and Candles causing my crashes. No idea what it's conflicting with, but I slowly re-added everything until this mods only were the ONLY ones I had off anymore. DUNNO!

5 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Do you guys think with the hardware I´ll write below I´ll be able to follow this guide ? I´d hate to end up with 20fps after I installed the truckload of mods in this guide ?

GPU: RTX 2070 Super 8GB 

CPU: i7 9700k

RAM: 16GB

the RAM may be lacking.... ??