Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 11/20/2020 at 8:48 PM, Aylis said:

*opens one eye*

@mknn

Rightclick on the ring...

*grumble... 04:00 in the morning...*

*Zzzzzzz...*

Also, just fwiw, right clicking on the ring in my inventory does nothing. I think I'm the 2nd person for whom this is true--dunno if it indicates a conflict, or having installed the mod "differently" or just user idiocy.

3 minutes ago, mknn said:

Also, just fwiw, right clicking on the ring in my inventory does nothing. I think I'm the 2nd person for whom this is true--dunno if it indicates a conflict, or having installed the mod "differently" or just user idiocy.

I have noticed that myself with the left hand rings mod, quite often the script that is supposed to do the change simply does not work or do what it is supposed to.

15 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis Amazing.

@jaeos I get like one a day with both running. I just wish Nemesis would get creature behavior and we could toss FNIS.

Wait ... does FNIS handle general creature animation or just LL creature animation. That is, if I didn't care about having sex with creatures, should I go "all nemesis," or would I also lose other creature movements?

1 hour ago, mknn said:

Wait ... does FNIS handle general creature animation or just LL creature animation. That is, if I didn't care about having sex with creatures, should I go "all nemesis," or would I also lose other creature movements?

The basic FNIS is still required for some animations, the one for creatures can be skipped. That's why it is flagged 'Optional' and 'Only needed if you add animations for creatures'. The normal 'standard' animations are already in the game.

But, and thats the problem, it might be used for additional animations as well. There are a few mods that improve riding and those could require it.

Regarding the rings (which btw work fine here):

NOTE: ALL RINGS MUST BE DIFFERENT TYPES! You cannot equip two of the same type! You can have a gold ring and gold sapphire ring, but not a gold sapphire and another gold sapphire!

Interesting. I am going to remove the creature animations and see if that helps with something from this AM. I guess it's time to dive into Nemesis as well.

On the rings, yeah, they're different. I can't equip a second ring or move a first ring to the other hand. Will reinstall and see if I can figure out where the user error is.

Random WRYE BASH question. I have a heaping handful of mods that WRYE identifies as needing cleaning. Many of them are established, stable mods.

• Should I always clean mods WRYE flags as having dirty edits?
  • Is there any reason not to use the default/auto cleaning process?

Just like your car stops making the noise when you get to the mechanics, I started a blog to stop spamming this thread with all the gory details ... and the game ran marvelously all day. So, yeah. Anyhow, if anyone is interested, URL is in the signature.

I promise to still ask too many questions here ... and to post the obligatory orgy shots there.

Thoughts on this? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13186

As I read it, the claim is that there is a spawning function that is either not applied or misapplied to many things. There is now an xEdit script that looks through all your other scripts and builds a patch for anything that needs these functions. There are at least a couple things in then "standard list" that the script claims to address, including clams drop pearls.

Alright, so, periodically, the lanterns do this...20201123042735_1.jpg.c31b7d3fc86a9c10981a505e14e3c621.jpg

but, immediately behind me they're doing this .....

20201123042745_1.jpg.d984ef7995fb7e8d8bc98059ad3299de.jpg

Like they're supposed to....? Also, 20201123042756_1.jpg.a2059c37f60a0ab50c7cc602dce7356f.jpg

Sparks on my left has the 'ball' while my fire effects are fine. Any ideas? ENB's and all that are new to me, so for them to be malfunctioning in one place but not the other ...? Anyone?

Other than that, my game is running - AND LOOKING - phenomenal, the best Skyrim has ever looked on my PC. I love it. Thank you for the guide.

23 hours ago, mknn said:
  • Should I always clean mods WRYE flags as having dirty edits?
  • Is there any reason not to use the default/auto cleaning process?

No. Some mods require those edits.

22 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Issues with entering Windhelm, anyway to diagnose it?  Cleaned my save, and still a no go.  

Might be DynDOLOD. Deactivate that one for a testrun.

14 hours ago, mknn said:

Already tested and didn't end up in the list.

6 hours ago, komupuro said:

For Reliquary of Myth - Artifact Overhaul, selecting the Daedric Voices Patch and the ISC + MLU patches isn't possible because they're greyed out, I assume because it doesn't see those mods installed since this mod is before them in the load order  

Just reinstall it when the patches show up in the list. This way all files end up in the right spot.

@EvilCampinCow

Thats a problem with the glowmaps of DynDOLOD. The second pic shows how they always should look like.

For spells that is normal. Each spell got a different effect so they also look different.

Sadly Shiny Wet Rocks Fix didn't work out. So my patch is still the best option atm. The floating rock formation is gone too.

Testing Perfect Terrain LOD next. I always wanted to include the tool but setting it up and using it is a real pain. Thankfully someone did all that work for me...

And it looks WORSE than what we have atm.

Hey so I am new to moding skyrim and I had a question. If i was to follow this guide would i need to install all of these modes or are they here to just pick and choose and are these could i use the overhaul mods like 

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
Andromeda - Unique Standing Stones of Skyrim

A friend recommended them to me and i thought i try them?

14 minutes ago, swift4runner said:

Hey so I am new to moding skyrim and I had a question. If i was to follow this guide would i need to install all of these modes or are they here to just pick and choose and are these could i use the overhaul mods like 

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
Andromeda - Unique Standing Stones of Skyrim

A friend recommended them to me and i thought i try them?

If you scan over the past 5-7 pages, you can follow along as I've struggled through a similar situation. Some folks will say you need to follow the guide exactly, others do more experimentation on their own.

Note that the only one of those not on Aylis' ist is Apocalypse. The others are "Aylis approved."

I am using all three of those mods and, despite the struggles of getting Skyrim stable, at no point have *those* mods been at fault. I have a category called RadNewStuff between the weapons and armor sections and the NPC sections, and initially place things that radically change game mechanics there. If you do that, remember to grab the Apocalypse - Ordinater Compatibility patch.

The only downside is both Apoc and the patch are ESP files, so they take up 2 load slots.

50 minutes ago, mknn said:

If you scan over the past 5-7 pages, you can follow along as I've struggled through a similar situation. Some folks will say you need to follow the guide exactly, others do more experimentation on their own.

Note that the only one of those not on Aylis' ist is Apocalypse. The others are "Aylis approved."

I am using all three of those mods and, despite the struggles of getting Skyrim stable, at no point have *those* mods been at fault. I have a category called RadNewStuff between the weapons and armor sections and the NPC sections, and initially place things that radically change game mechanics there. If you do that, remember to grab the Apocalypse - Ordinater Compatibility patch.

The only downside is both Apoc and the patch are ESP files, so they take up 2 load slots.

Ok so just go through a pick up the mods that i seem to want and test around them. Seems simple enough

I assume that the core info is mandatory though for setting up before you start moding

36 minutes ago, swift4runner said:

Ok so just go through a pick up the mods that i seem to want and test around them. Seems simple enough

I assume that the core info is mandatory though for setting up before you start moding

I wouldn't say that in general. As a comparison, you could compare my modwat.ch (see link below) to Aylis' list. I don't claim my list to be stable. Yet.

I deviate most broadly on weapons and armor, the Lovers Lab stuff, and some of the overhauls. But I think if you're looking for a stable environment, following Aylis to the letter--at least initially--with the general texture packages, with lighting, with weather and ENB recommendations, etc. is the way to go. I would also pay attention to a couple of the mods he rejects--the AI overhaul, Immersive NPCs, Immersive Patrols, some of the creature packs leap to mind.

My greatest progress came after installing Aylis' build, step by step, file by file first, only omitting the LL stuff I knew I wasn't going to want. My advice fwiw would be to get that working, and then go from there.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:32 AM, wollboi said:

Sooo when Aylis says to not use Loot, we should listen. When she says to follow the load order, we should listen. When she says to use MO2, we should use Vortex if we feel like it and want to jump through hoops and not follow some MO2-specific steps in the Tips section? Sorry, but I don't see the point other than just wanting to see if it can be done.

Yeah, you missed my point, but perhaps I could have been clearer. I'm using MO2 for this, not Vortex. 

My point is that I did what many, many, MO2 people say is either impossible or too much work. They are full of crap. It is neither, for me anyway. However, I want to spend more time playing Skyrim, and less time doing what feels like my job modding it.  Thus, I am trying the MO2 approach listed here.

So far, it appears I've made the right choice: this is much less hassle, and testing is coming along nicely. My extensive experience with Vortex tells me that it cannot be left to its own devices(following the LOOT-suggested choices). MO2 can be just as dangerous, unless somebody hands you a gold-tested load order.

I guess the only reason I brought up Vortex is: it uses LOOT almost exclusively. So using it = starting with an outdated load order then fighting it, using groups and rules, the rest of the way. Given that experience, if you're told not to use LOOT, don't use it. That is my point. 

16 hours ago, Aylis said:

No. Some mods require those edits.

Might be DynDOLOD. Deactivate that one for a testrun.

Already tested and didn't end up in the list.

Just reinstall it when the patches show up in the list. This way all files end up in the right spot.

@EvilCampinCow

Thats a problem with the glowmaps of DynDOLOD. The second pic shows how they always should look like.

For spells that is normal. Each spell got a different effect so they also look different.

Sadly Shiny Wet Rocks Fix didn't work out. So my patch is still the best option atm. The floating rock formation is gone too.

Testing Perfect Terrain LOD next. I always wanted to include the tool but setting it up and using it is a real pain. Thankfully someone did all that work for me...

And it looks WORSE than what we have atm.

Thanks for the tip, aylis but just ran it right now.  Still crashed.  Any tips to further troubleshoot?  Thanks in advanced, your the best!

1 hour ago, komupuro said:

Which ZAZ animation pack should I use? 7, 8, 8+, or all of them?

Unless stated otherwise with the mod 7, though 8 and 8+ should be compatable and you only want one of them, and the appropriate bodyslide files for it if there are some, as far as I am aware there is no se cbbe bodyslide files for 8 or 8+, though it may just be I missed them, it would not be the first time.?

@IdosheJungo Yep. It took me a few runs to get it to work last time. It was getting hung up like you're seeing. I don't know what I did to fix it, other than reboot and try again. But even when it worked, there was still another terminal window running even after DynDOLOD said it was finished. I just waited until the terminal closed before zipping the DynDOLOD output. Whole thing took about an hour and a half, where usually it takes me 20 minutes tops. About to run it again following the LoS II update.

Speaking of which, the Lanterns of Skyrim II update looks pretty awesome. There are some new patches that might be worth looking into.

@Aylis Hmm, yeah, you might want to look at it. There's a new TML Cities patch for Lanterns of Skyrim II that I don't THINK we want, but worth bringing it up.

Edit - I dunno, DynDOLOD ran fine that time.