Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

3 hours ago, mknn said:

Bopping around the world trying to make my way East. The world looks great, but it's a bit ... not quite jittery, but slow to focus, if that makes sense. I suspect I overdid it with higher resolution textures. Any advice on what areas make the most sense to scale down?

Also, everything is totally overgrown. The paths are still identifiable, but there are weeds and grass everywhere. Unsure if that is supposed to be that way or not.

Blurriness can be caused by the visual effect of Dripping When Aroused. I turn it off. Other than that, if it's happening when you're in third person but not first person then it may be the depth of field. You can play with the setting, but I honestly like it if it's not that big of a deal.

Compared to vanilla Skyrim, yes, you will see grass and bushes everywhere.

Are you using the Oldrim version of Enhanced Vanilla Trees with the settings shown in the tips section? Usually a crash in a certain section means two assets are competing for the same space.

The tree activator is the mod that makes the LE version of the trees compatible with SE. But, and thats what i've been working on for some time now, the SE version seems to have been finally fixed. Only that i got the FPS tanking which has to be resolved...

Might be too many scripts or something else. We'll see.

Seems to be, as i feared, No Grass In Objects. FPS drop in some spots by 25 frames which can make Skyrim unplayable. Dang! I really wish it wouldn't do that!

Plus i have to take a second look at the aspen trees around Riften. Sometimes they are overly bright.

Something really weird when I got to Blackreach. It was lit up like daylight for about half the time I was there, then switched to night.

Day:

Spoiler

37879491_SkyrimSpecialEdition11_15_202010_33_03AM.png.d31805c8833482ed9c178020ac10fd6b.png

Night:

Spoiler

117752135_SkyrimSpecialEdition11_15_202010_48_06AM.png.c0956383108a8ffb0de43b5245656248.png

A Solstheim-style wind storm sprang up at one point. After it corrected itself it stayed that way permanently.

OK, I thought I was going crazy, but now I know this is happening. I just went through MO2 and, line by line, clicked on each mod so it loaded up the plugins in the right order on the right side. All is great. Meaning the plugin order looks like this

Spoiler

image.png.bb300111aa0f11e61638d39f56b6fc5d.png

Then I went and filtered the plugin window to find a specific file. When I cleared the filter, my plugins were ordered like this

Spoiler

image.png.b1cfc8e24a7a5dd576de99637c1a62ee.png

WTF? Is this an issue? Do I need to go back and reorder them manually end to end all over again? I thought MO2 wasn't supposed to ever actually touch the load order?

I think I'm done for a while. Prior save wouldn't load. Started game from scratch, started as a patron at the Bee and the Barb. Crash when exiting. Disabled both Vanilla Trees and the Activator. Restarted. Exited Bee and the Barb fine, looked around for a few minutes. Another CTD.

Maybe I'll start a pure Vanilla game and add mods one at a time for a while. Dunno. But I can't take the ratio of time curating the game to playing it. And I have a high tolerance for that!

@wollboi

Thats just the usual Bethesda 'Day and Night' circle with the artificial sun.

1 hour ago, mknn said:

I thought MO2 wasn't supposed to ever actually touch the load order?

It doesn't. Also the ESM and the ESL belong at the top (as seen in the screenshot i uploaded).

Green and Lush Aspen Trees SE does the trick. They work way better than what we got atm and the mod doesn't require an ESP. The EVT for LE is very different from the version for SE... So i have to find replacements for trees that are missing in my current setup here.

Okay, now it's my turn to be confused about Improved Camera. Everything works fine except when my bow is drawn. It points to the upper lefthand side of the screen. Yes, I've changed the ini file. Disabling it doesn't seem to make a difference, which makes me wonder if it's something else but I can't think what it would be. Any ideas?

15 hours ago, wollboi said:

Okay, now it's my turn to be confused about Improved Camera. Everything works fine except when my bow is drawn. It points to the upper lefthand side of the screen. Yes, I've changed the ini file. Disabling it doesn't seem to make a difference, which makes me wonder if it's something else but I can't think what it would be. Any ideas?

Sure you got the right one? 'Immersive First Person View' got that bug:

Fixable issues

Bow aiming is bad and looks really wrong and using XPMSSE mod: uninstall XPMSSE then reinstall without the Joy of Perspective support. If you had an existing save game where you used Joy of Perspective and it's still not fixed after this then open console and type showracemenu, change your race back and forth, accept and it should be fixed on that character.

I havn't got this with 'Improved Camera' and that is exactly why i didn't choose the other mod.

This combination for trees is looking very promising so far:

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE (Tip)

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE Billboards (Tip)

Tree Pineforest Branch

Reach Tree Replacer SSE  

Reach Tree Replacer SSE - Billboards   

Reach Tree Replacer SSE - DynDoLOD Ultra Tree Lod

Trees Addon SE

Trees Addon - Billboards

Trees Addon - Tactical Valtheim Patch

Green and Lush Aspen Trees SE 

Skyrim 3D Plants Cut (File)

I'm still tweaking a few things (and had to rerun DynDOLOD a few times more) but it should be close to the updated final group for trees. As this will have a bigger impact it will be main focus of the next update.

Spoiler

Mods to remove:

(Advanced) Enhanced Vanilla Trees (Tip) (Oldrim but the version for SE is buggy)

Billboards Generator for Enhanced Vanilla Trees (Tip)

EVT ESP for SSE

Aspens Ablaze

Skyrim 3D Plants Cut (File)

Vanilla HD Tree Branches

Organic Riften Leaves

Rudy HQ - Falling Leaves and Needles SE

Also 'Get Snowy ENB' will be replaced with 'Get Snowy - Fixed for ENB'. The new one works better with an ENB installed.

The big problem is that it all is sort of interwoven. The body influences the physics, the physics interact with animations, and so on... We're juggling here with a lot of files and instructions/XML and combining those is like entering a minefield...

Spoiler

Works

Works

Still works

BOOOM!

Katze.jpg.110b0c8815dc3125b2a7388d16e2fbae.jpg

;) 

Thats why i started to only add one mod at a time and see if there are issues. 

This sounds promising: Face Discoloration Fix

I don't think I know of any npc to check it with on my current game but it will save on the amount of patch mods I would have to create

Edit: I found Calcemo (Markarth wizard) having misaligned facegen data. This mod as it is now (version 1.0.0) did try to fix his blackface. However it gave him a fleshcolored face instead of the yellowish one Altmer normally have, thus him having a mismatched body & face. So unfortunately it's not yet the solution but I have hope it will be.

I know it runs contrary to common sense, but as soon as I removed my ENB and disabled all mods with ENB in the name, everything calmed down. Framerate went up, world no longer had weird focusing issues, game stopped crashing.

I assume I did something wrong in the ENB install/config, but I just want to play for a while.

#QUESTION

• What do you use to manage outfits on followers and/or NPCs?
    • I have NFF installed, and could use that, but I prefer the follower inventory to the outfit management. But if the overwhelming response is use your follower framework, I can get behind that.
    • Basically, I want to get some of the great armor sets out there on characters. And I want to throw clothes on some of the naked followers I run across.
5 hours ago, wollboi said:

"I'll figure it out" has become my mantra for this game.

That sounds sooo familiar! ?

Last thing i can imagine is an archery overhaul itself and something with 360° movement. But it has been months ago that i read about it, so i can't remember the exact names of the mods...

Previous update

Updating status to '3.0.5'.

Updating the section for the trees. This should fix a few floating trees and improve the visuals at the same time.

This does require a rerun of DynDOLOD.

REMOVED mods:

Foundation:

Enhanced Vanilla Trees                                                                 Got a replacement

Billboards Generator for Enhanced Vanilla Trees                         Not needed anymore

EVT ESP for SSE                                                                            Not needed anymore

Aspens Ablaze                                                                              Got a replacement

Skyrim Flora Overhaul Cut (File)                                                  Not needed anymore

Vanilla HD Tree Branches                                                             Got a replacement

Area:

Moss Rocks                                                                                  Already in 'Majestic Mountains'

Textures:

Organic Riften Leaves                                                                  Already in 'Trees Addon'

Weather and Lighting:

Rudy HQ - Falling Leaves and Needles SE                                   Already in 'Trees Addon'

Get Snowy

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE (Tip)

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE Billboards (Tip)

Trees Addon SE

Trees Addon - Billboards

Tree Pineforest Branch

Green and Lush Aspen Trees SE 

Override:

Trees Addon - Tactical Valtheim Patch

(Optional) HD Steel Quiver (File)

Weather and Lighting:

Get Snowy - Fixed for ENB

UPLOAD:

In case someone missed those:

Skyrim Ini (File)                                                                              My modified ini files for Skyrim

Aylis skin - Puffy addon (File)                                                        In case someone wants to use puffy nipples

HD Steel Quiver

On 11/14/2020 at 1:52 AM, KhajiitHasSex said:

@jaeos You seem to be mixing a lot of mods and know a lot about modding, do you use any slooty armors with this modpack that you could recommend? ;3

this for stock armors.

this is you want to look like you are being molested by a tentacle monster. (or replace the meshes in the devious devices mod)

or this for some player exclusives 

Am I right that the glowy white/blue stuff above is an indication that a mesh is present, but a texture is not? I have a similar issue with some Bosmer armors, and am trying to chase that down. I think there it may be a problem with the path structure of the mod.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Blueish/purble objects are always missing or broken textures.

Black face is almost always a problem with the LO.

CTD on fast travel is either DynDOLOD, a mesh problem, or (sometimes) a broken/missing texture.

So what is quick guide to kind of unfuck the situation?  Check Load Order/Plug-in Order (with what in mind?),Re-Run DynDOLOD Texture Output and DynDOLOD Output?  

Nothing is overriding the two files further down list and my plugins are in the same spot that they general install calls for.  

Thanks @Aylis and @mknn

6 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@ascendentkunglao I would say definitely check your load order and maybe reinstall all of the body mods under PC and NPC. Like Aylis said, blackface is usually a load order issue or you might have a patch missing. You can check in SSEEdit for mods that could be causing the issues. DynDOLOD isn't going to have anything to do with those issues.

I really appreciate it @wollboi, that’s simple enough.  I hope it does the trick, this by far was the easiest and seemless modding guide, I’ve stumbled upon.

Big thanks to @Aylis, and everyone who’s done anything involved.