Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

9 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

i have another question! which version of ENB Light do i download? mod author provides the following versions :

1) ENB Light V0.94 (i tried this one but.. the fomod menu in mod organizer has different choices from the one that is attached in this guide)

2) ENB Light ENB Light V0.95 Release Candidate 2 (pic below ; ; it looks different also..)

3) ENB Light V0.96 

4) ENB Light V0.98 Alpha  2
image.png.7e9d4db52561e20be08536c7856c7f84.png

It's up to you. Based on what your gpu and cpu can handle. I would go full install and click all the checkboxes just to make sure all light sources throw whatever light they can out. But I have a high end computer, If you had a 6yr old laptop for example i might do just the top install. (and if you don't like the way those spells look or you want more light, you can always save/exit/reinstall the same mod but with some checkboxes added until it's right for you. The actual ENB i use (i really should change it but i'm just being lazy) if the moon is dark, i can't see a damn thing at night without some assistance. (you would think a vampire/succubus should be able to see very well at night.. Apparently mine is a bit myopic) 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

no. put your mouse over the 255. it will open a popup that lists all the different types of plug-ins. 

Hide contents

esm+esl cannot go over 254 

(sorry my MO2 was on fallout and not skyrim, But the method is identical.

ohhh! thank you! i didn't know you could hover over it to find out!!

Updating status to '2.1.9'.

Integrating your suggestions.

As there are no major changes to textures you don't have to rerun DynDOLOD. But don't forget to rerun FNIS for the new animations.

REMOVED mods:

Weather and Lighting

Lightning During Storms                                                  Gets replaced by 'Storm Lightning for SSE'

True Storms - Minty's Lightning Compatibility                 Not needed anymore

ADDED/MOVED mods:

PC:

A dentist for Orsimers

Masculine Argonian Textures (Chameleon and Lizard)    Moved down

Masculine Khajiit Textures (Grey Cat and Leopard)          Moved down

Physics and Animation

Dynamic Animation Replacer

EVG Conditional Idles

EVG Animation Variance

Override

Sleep Tight SE                                                                    PC sleeps nude with this one activated.

NPC

Quality CubeMaps - HD Cube Maps

Beautiful Jordis Replacer

Sound

Stop That - Comment and Complaint Remover

Weather and Lighting

Storm Lightning for SSE (I recommend option 1 for the night and option 2 for the day)

On 8/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, DiXDi said:

Hello guys,what do you think about this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/25673?tab=description ? Will it run smooth with this modlist ?

I'll load it into mine and turn off wildcat and see which one is better as a magic thrower and as an archer. I don't do melee weapons that often except the blade of woe. 

EDIT I keep getting CTD with this thing (i'm playing a custom race "forest nymphs" that has teleport spells for the 4 "homes" and if i teleport i ctd.

if i save i ctd as well) UGH. so it may not be this. more testing.

Hey, I was hoping I could get some help determining why I keep getting a CTD just as soon as I've made a new character. Initially I was having CTD issues with female Khajiit textures, but that just appears to have been a bad install earlier and I fixed that. Now no matter which race and/or gender, when I exit out of the racemenu character creator, the quest for alternative starts will begin to play and then my game just poofs.

I don't *think* I have any mods that should break something this thoroughly, but I'm not positive. I've actually removed quite a few things to try and get closer to the load order shown in the guide. I don't have every mod, I mostly grabbed the larger ones, skipped almost all of the purely optional files. I have my load order attached below so that maybe someone way better at this than me could give it a crack and help me out.

Been messing with it for around 13 hours, only just took a couple hours nap only to realize that in my tired state I had posted this question on the wrong forum and only now am actually posting it here. So that's fun! I really do appreciate the help if anyone gives me a hand here.

loadorder.txt

4 hours ago, forsoothatooth said:

Hey, I was hoping I could get some help determining why I keep getting a CTD just as soon as I've made a new character. Initially I was having CTD issues with female Khajiit textures, but that just appears to have been a bad install earlier and I fixed that. Now no matter which race and/or gender, when I exit out of the racemenu character creator, the quest for alternative starts will begin to play and then my game just poofs.

I don't *think* I have any mods that should break something this thoroughly, but I'm not positive. I've actually removed quite a few things to try and get closer to the load order shown in the guide. I don't have every mod, I mostly grabbed the larger ones, skipped almost all of the purely optional files. I have my load order attached below so that maybe someone way better at this than me could give it a crack and help me out.

Been messing with it for around 13 hours, only just took a couple hours nap only to realize that in my tired state I had posted this question on the wrong forum and only now am actually posting it here. So that's fun! I really do appreciate the help if anyone gives me a hand here.

loadorder.txt 4.25 kB · 2 downloads

Comparing yours to mine, yours is way out of sync. and mine has a lot of mods that are not on the list, but about 80% IS, when you installed did you right click and tell it to enable all visible? or did you click one by one and turn them on? when you close the racemenu thats when skse and all the mods fire off. at once. there are a few such as sacrosact and estrus that fire off at game start. but the rest fire off as soon as you close the mod list, including trying to save the game. So it tells us a few things.

1. Its one of your installed mods and not racemenu or anything cbbe related.

2. It's also not problem with skse itself. 

3. you are not missing any mods required for the game to actually work. 

4. you are missing patches.

(Qw_BijinAIO_USSEP Patch.esp
Qw_Ordinator_AOS Patch.esp
Qw_S3DLandscapes_USSEP Patch.esp)

So I'm back once again with a few issues. First one is that I noticed that mammoths and elk don't have any animations. Second one is that kajit and argonians have their tails sticking straight out, not moving. Third issue is that I'm getting the "blackface" bug on Male NPCs and a select few female NPCs (I've noticed that the female ones are I believe apart of the war-maiden Bijin pack)

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

Comparing yours to mine, yours is way out of sync. and mine has a lot of mods that are not on the list, but about 80% IS, when you installed did you right click and tell it to enable all visible? or did you click one by one and turn them on? when you close the racemenu thats when skse and all the mods fire off. at once. there are a few such as sacrosact and estrus that fire off at game start. but the rest fire off as soon as you close the mod list, including trying to save the game. So it tells us a few things.

1. Its one of your installed mods and not racemenu or anything cbbe related.

2. It's also not problem with skse itself. 

3. you are not missing any mods required for the game to actually work. 

4. you are missing patches.

(Qw_BijinAIO_USSEP Patch.esp
Qw_Ordinator_AOS Patch.esp
Qw_S3DLandscapes_USSEP Patch.esp)

The first time I did the order I did just hit enable all visible, but I ended up being a moron and using LOOT despite instructions not to on the right side. It didn't impact the left side's order, so I went back and enabled all one by one though. As for patches:

I can't seem to find the first one. Though I did realize that in my exhaustion I stupidly forgot to install the Bijit AIO. I have now corrected that and put it in the load order and disabled the 3 other esps.

The second one I do have installed, at least at this point. Maybe I had disabled it before sending over the load file, I'm not sure.

The third one I couldn't get to work for the life of me until I just realized that I had somehow forgotten to install the billboards, so that has been corrected now.

Now that I'm actually more conscious, I made the clearly *superhuman* judgement that maybe I should try disabling the extra stuff I added slowly and seeing what happens. I eventually realized that it was Summermyst causing the issue. Or, rather, Summermyst and Immersive Weapons. They don't play nice together.

I'm going to follow the Summermyst page's advice and try making a bashed patch for it, but I don't think I'm going to get lucky, will probably just find a different weapon pack that is compatible.

1 hour ago, forsoothatooth said:

The first time I did the order I did just hit enable all visible, but I ended up being a moron and using LOOT despite instructions not to on the right side. It didn't impact the left side's order, so I went back and enabled all one by one though. As for patches:

I can't seem to find the first one. Though I did realize that in my exhaustion I stupidly forgot to install the Bijit AIO. I have now corrected that and put it in the load order and disabled the 3 other esps.

The second one I do have installed, at least at this point. Maybe I had disabled it before sending over the load file, I'm not sure.

The third one I couldn't get to work for the life of me until I just realized that I had somehow forgotten to install the billboards, so that has been corrected now.

Now that I'm actually more conscious, I made the clearly *superhuman* judgement that maybe I should try disabling the extra stuff I added slowly and seeing what happens. I eventually realized that it was Summermyst causing the issue. Or, rather, Summermyst and Immersive Weapons. They don't play nice together.

I'm going to follow the Summermyst page's advice and try making a bashed patch for it, but I don't think I'm going to get lucky, will probably just find a different weapon pack that is compatible.

LOL all good. as far as summermyst i didn't see any place where it was showing an incompatability with immersive weapons. but i just glanced at it, i didn't read the posts on it. it may just need to be placed below immersive weapons. 

@wyatt542 sounds like a load order problem on the blackface, find an NPC (not aela until i added an aela replacer she had blackface all the time) save with them in your sights. close game and move left AND right parts of a mod (you stated that all the females were part of the bijin aio.) so move the bijin aio down a few places and see if they clear up. you are getting a conflict somewhere. tails not moving is a skeleton problem. and no animations, which types of animations? sex or walking and fighting? if you pacify them and then sex them do they have sex animations? I remeber having to do something with the bijin aio just after aylis added it. maybe 5-6 pages back, you can try and see what i did to fix it as well. (sorry, i gotta be up in 6 hours for work)

19 minutes ago, jaeos said:

LOL all good. as far as summermyst i didn't see any place where it was showing an incompatability with immersive weapons. but i just glanced at it, i didn't read the posts on it. it may just need to be placed below immersive weapons. 

@wyatt542 sounds like a load order problem on the blackface, find an NPC (not aela until i added an aela replacer she had blackface all the time) save with them in your sights. close game and move left AND right parts of a mod (you stated that all the females were part of the bijin aio.) so move the bijin aio down a few places and see if they clear up. you are getting a conflict somewhere. tails not moving is a skeleton problem. and no animations, which types of animations? sex or walking and fighting? if you pacify them and then sex them do they have sex animations? I remeber having to do something with the bijin aio just after aylis added it. maybe 5-6 pages back, you can try and see what i did to fix it as well. (sorry, i gotta be up in 6 hours for work)

The animations on the animals is just the normal moving and attacking.

6 hours ago, wyatt542 said:

The animations on the animals is just the normal moving and attacking.

open fnis and deinstall creatures. exit. save the output to fnis, then reopen fnis and run it again. and save the output for the second time. try that.

19 hours ago, jaeos said:

I'll load it into mine and turn off wildcat and see which one is better as a magic thrower and as an archer. I don't do melee weapons that often except the blade of woe. 

EDIT I keep getting CTD with this thing (i'm playing a custom race "forest nymphs" that has teleport spells for the 4 "homes" and if i teleport i ctd.

if i save i ctd as well) UGH. so it may not be this. more testing.

I getting CTD near all Beastess Lairs and can't save as well,but I playing without this mod.So the reason of CTD is not in Engarde.

12 hours ago, DiXDi said:

I getting CTD near all Beastess Lairs and can't save as well,but I playing without this mod.So the reason of CTD is not in Engarde.

I had this issue, but only for the one just south of Ivarstead. For me the Lawbringer mod was killing it. I don't know why. Disabled it and it worked fine.

3 hours ago, SimPanssi said:

I can't find the Joy of Perspective patch for Ciri's outfit, it's not in the patch compilation. I also couldn't find it at nexus. Is there a patch somewhere, it says it has JoP patch?

Looks like it has been taken down... Sadly i don't have it anymore so i can't reupload it. Removed (JoP)

On 8/12/2020 at 5:48 AM, DiXDi said:

Yeah now my forest nymph profile is junk, I can't save and ctd when i try to. the succubus profile works just fine though, but i spent last night working in the inn in riften and just got the 280 gold earned. So no combat yet but the biggest issue i have with it it the re-mapping of your sheathe to heavy strike and the fact to even make the patch you must disable enough mods for the LEFT side to be under 255. and it matters what you shut off, that may be why the forest nymphs profile is junk, I'll need to go into the virtual files and delete what it added, maybe it will work right. So i'll keep testing it but so far, once i get done actually testing it (may just need to make a vanilla nord and beat the hell out of stuff) its not staying in my personal load order.

1. If you have multiple profiles if you switch profiles you must re-run the patcher and fnis, you could do multiple patches for the profiles but, eh i'm lazy, and i still think wildcat beats it, it may be better with some tweaking and that horrible zedit fixed.

2. remapping of buttons. just.... no..

3. zedit patches. You gotta shut off non-essensial mods to get under 255 on the left side of MO2 for it to even make a patch. so all audio, all weather etc until you get it under 255. Then it will create a patch.

EDIT: Alright so i was actually able to shoot a bow a few levels with the succubus. It's actually a well thought out way to use and recoup stamina. If a full draw on a bow is half your stam, it doesn't take you 30 seconds to get that back, a few seconds and bam your bar jumps up that much, so playing a ranger style archer (moving while drawing) isn't as punishing towards the PC as a heavy hitter with a 2h mace, it will actually help if the pc is a rogue or archer type as the moves are not as stamina killing as a bruiser would be. the lighter the weapon/less stam you use per swing, the faster you get it back. If it wasn't for the zedit and the removal of mods for the 254 mods total that author limited his mod to patch it would be a good mod to add. It does have a stock patch that uses the original dlc and ussep and would work to just control the stamina, but things like hit boxes etc would still be vanilla. (an overhand chop with an axe only need a few inches to miss, in the original it's a wide cone to hit, in engarde its been put back to a narrow wedge, right hand slashes can be bypassed by stepping left etc, so it does make combat more interesting if you are not a magic caster. And it was done with violens and wildcat enabled to patch. It might be a "stop here do this, make this patch" ok continue thing if people liked it.

Hi!

First of all I am so incredibly thankful to you, Aylis, for this guide! The last one I tried was Nordic and it essentially boiled down to a week of downloading just to have everything ruined by the black face bug and constant crashes... This was much clearer, in line with my personal tastes and most importantly more open! I could change mods, add them, skip some... Gorgeous! I've been so hyped for my newest playthrough with these mods!

I ran into a weird problem at the very end but I managed to fix it myself. I hid the text so it stays for... posterity, I guess. Anyway, thanks again for the guide! ❤️

Spoiler

Now, I have a rather unusual problem. My game runs but I get an error at startup saying "Unsupported SKSE version". Other than that everything works fine as far as I've been able to test. The physics are working, the mods are loading, the animations are there... The game is working outside of that one warning.

Weirder still, when I last did a mid-installation test right before I started installing the mods from the armor&weapon segment this error wasn't there. This was 2 days ago I believe.

I'm currently at 281 total plugins, out of which 20 are ESMs, 167 are ESPs and 94 are ESLs. I'm attaching my load order in the hopes that it will help someone better understand what might be causing my... problem? Is it a problem? 

I'm lost, I'm not sure it's safe for me to start this playthrough since what started as an innocent warning could turn into a game save corrupting catastrophe later on down the line. Is this just one mod that's incompatible with my SKSE version?

Edit: I'm reading some LL search results and apparently there's a beta 8 vs beta 7 issue with SexLab Framework? This was a mod I downloaded after my last test and I did download the beta 8.7 version. 

Also upon starting a new game and paying close attention to the messages I received an error from Armor Rating Redux (and only that mod) saying the SKSE version was unsupported.

Edit 2: I disabled the Armor Rating Redux mod and the error went away!!! It turns out I didn't update it from 2.08 to 2.09 with the extra file (I wrongly assumed the full version was already fully updated). Upon doing so the issue is gone and armor has meaning!

loadorder.txt

1 hour ago, ekvator said:

Hi!

First of all I am so incredibly thankful to you, Aylis, for this guide! The last one I tried was Nordic and it essentially boiled down to a week of downloading just to have everything ruined by the black face bug and constant crashes... This was much clearer, in line with my personal tastes and most importantly more open! I could change mods, add them, skip some... Gorgeous! I've been so hyped for my newest playthrough with these mods!

I ran into a weird problem at the very end but I managed to fix it myself. I hid the text so it stays for... posterity, I guess. Anyway, thanks again for the guide!

Just remember Aylis will not give "support" for mods not in the actual mod list, she will give you a direction to look, but the mod list as done is stable and solid. (except the creature sex, but thats been an issue in LE as well.) I'll help with non "approved" mods if i can. I'm currently testing a mod someone recommended and it's actually a little better than i thought it would be. fighting is just a cunt hair more better with it, but installation is an absolute nightmare.

Hey, first thinks a lot for making this list it was extremely helpful.

I am relatively new to modding so these are probably dumb questions but anyway, I had the game with mods running fine but I was messing around in BodySlider and swapping between the Aylis and Bijin skins, and now I am encountering two problems.

Firstly, when my character is nude her breasts stick straight out. This only happens when nude, when clothed the physics are behaving normally. I have tried disable the mods I think might cause it and run the game, re-run batch builds in BodySlide (using the same and different BodySlide presets), and reinstall mods that might have been causing it but nothing so far has worked. I'm currently going through and doing a fresh install of every mod to see if that fixes things but if it doesn't I'm out of ideas and any help with what I might have done wrong would be appreciated. I should also note I am only using mods from this list.

My second problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the pubic hair on any of my character creations in game. I had a problem for a while where the textures in BodySlide themselves had pubic hair on them, I'm not sure how I fixed this but I did (and I think that caused my first problem). However now, any character I create still has pubic hair, but this time its a 3D model and it isn't tied to any of the pubic hair mods in the list because it is still there even when they're both disabled so I am confused as to how I would go about changing this.

Thanks

@asdj1239

My skin doesn't have pubic hair (thats why the pack is so small). As long as it doesn't get overwritten nothing will show up with that skin.

For the 3D pubic hair there are two mods. One that assigns pubic hair to NPC - the one for the PC got a slider during the character creation where you can select the style of it.

Check if you installed/activated the gravity option in CBPC. That option seems to cause a few issues.