Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 7/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, Kythana said:

@cloudmc

Thats the point. ?

It has to overwrite a lot of files so the game uses the body you have chosen for the armor of the PC.

Yeah... mine is only overwriting Devious Devices now... before it had a lot of mods, but then I accidentally deleted my outfit group and once I rebuilt it it didn't overwrite anything until I installed you AIO Devious Devices... 

After spending all day Sunday and a good part of this evening reinstalling everything, I'm back up to stuff and looking better than ever. Only problem is now my character has a blank space between their hand and arm. I've rerun bodyslide (for CBBE body, hands, and feet), but no luck. People with similar problems seem to usually have the same gap between the head and body, but it's just the wrists for me. Any ideas? I have no idea where to even begin to look for a solution.

4 hours ago, cloudmc said:

Yeah... mine is only overwriting Devious Devices now... before it had a lot of mods, but then I accidentally deleted my outfit group and once I rebuilt it it didn't overwrite anything until I installed you AIO Devious Devices... 

Check if there's something in 'overwrite'. That content will not show up in the overview and has either to be converted into a mod or added to an existing one.

2 hours ago, eidtelnvil said:

After spending all day Sunday and a good part of this evening reinstalling everything, I'm back up to stuff and looking better than ever. Only problem is now my character has a blank space between their hand and arm. I've rerun bodyslide (for CBBE body, hands, and feet), but no luck. People with similar problems seem to usually have the same gap between the head and body, but it's just the wrists for me. Any ideas? I have no idea where to even begin to look for a solution.

You have to rerun bodyslide for the armor you're using when that happens. The armor isn't just a layer it replaces the part for the body. If something like this happens there's a mismatch and these gaps appear. 

Looks like 'Enhanced Landscapes' changes quite a few things more than i expected. Sadly i'll have to remove 'More Yellow Mountain Flowers' as those are now floating in some areas. I'll update post #969 and the list.

I'll be reworking the first posts in the next few days. This has become at bit bigger than i expected so i guess some parts are bit spread too much.

4 hours ago, Kythana said:

You have to rerun bodyslide for the armor you're using when that happens. The armor isn't just a layer it replaces the part for the body. If something like this happens there's a mismatch and these gaps appear. 

Doesn't seem to matter which armor. Even naked it does the same thing. I'll mess with bodyslide some more.

First changes are up. Still have to figure out how to make a mini guide for DynDOLOD that isn't too complicated and easy to follow…

I also removed (most of) the old screenshots and posted actualized ones.

10 hours ago, Varithina said:

Depending on your body type do not forget to rebuild the feet and hands as well.

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of but I did that too.

Edit: Fixed it. My extreme need to micro-manage everything was the culprit. I ran through Helgen and got outside the cave before installing the mods, as I usually do because mods seem to want to destroy Helgen and cause the opening wagon ride to become a death spiral rollercoaster. I picked up Imperial Bracers on the way out the door but they must have been messed up when I installed the various armor mods. Unequipping them made my wrists appear again. If bodyslide isn't the culprit then it's usually my stupidity.

@Kythana

I could probably type up a DynDOLOD walkthrough if you'd like. I'm pretty decent with documentation and honestly the how-to-install video everybody points to was done for Oldrim and doesn't show off some of the changes for SE (like how there are now .esm and .esp files that need to be zipped instead of just one--that was confusing to me).

1 hour ago, eidtelnvil said:

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of but I did that too.

Edit: Fixed it. My extreme need to micro-manage everything was the culprit. I ran through Helgen and got outside the cave before installing the mods, as I usually do because mods seem to want to destroy Helgen and cause the opening wagon ride to become a death spiral rollercoaster. I picked up Imperial Bracers on the way out the door but they must have been messed up when I installed the various armor mods. Unequipping them made my wrists appear again. If bodyslide isn't the culprit then it's usually my stupidity.

@Kythana

I could probably type up a DynDOLOD walkthrough if you'd like. I'm pretty decent with documentation and honestly the how-to-install video everybody points to was done for Oldrim and doesn't show off some of the changes for SE (like how there are now .esm and .esp files that need to be zipped instead of just one--that was confusing to me).

Live Another Life is great for not having to do the ride, it puts you in a small cell so your mods can load first.  You can even choose to do the normal intro after being in the cell

Hello again.
I've finished installing every single mod, finished batch building the files from DD and the body physics are not working yet.
I knew I had to config Sinful CBP so I've entered the game, configured Sinful CBP mod, left the cell from Alternate Start and nothing...
I don't know what's happening, I've installed RS - Realistic Sexy Bodyslide Preset CBPC Patch and RS Body Physics.
Maybe a load order or installation order issue?

@eidtelnvil

Thanks for the offer, but i already put something up.

On the other hand please take a look at it and tell me if i overcomplicated something or if something is unclear. Or created some denglish (aka mix of german and english). ?

Also added a buttload of pictures and screenshots…

@denba666

Rechecking a few things now...

@Kythana

I would definitely specifically say to add the contents of the output folder to a zip file rather than just say add the folder. It seems like that could be confusing to someone who hasn't watched the tutorial videos. I personally like to make installation instructions step-by-step and very granular because a lot of times newbies like myself get very confused, so I would go in that direction but I know that can be time-consuming. Offer still stands if you'd like to go that route.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, Kythana said:

@eidtelnvil

On the other hand please take a look at it and tell me if i overcomplicated something or if something is unclear. Or created some denglish (aka mix of german and english). ?

@denba666

I've actually been waiting for a Dyndolod "how to" for the reasons above - the vids that I've seen all seem to point to LE rather than SE versions. Not to mention there's WAY too much spinning off into irrelevances for those people who just want to get it working.

1 hour ago, Tr_veller said:

I've actually been waiting for a Dyndolod "how to" for the reasons above - the vids that I've seen all seem to point to LE rather than SE versions. Not to mention there's WAY too much spinning off into irrelevances for those people who just want to get it working.

Does that mean what i wrote is still too complicated or is it OK?

On 7/17/2019 at 5:15 PM, Kythana said:

@eidtelnvil

@denba666

So... Any news?

7 hours ago, denba666 said:

So... Any news?

Not so much. I've been on it for days now and it looks like it will take more. I've been shifting mods around, disabling mods and even tried new ones but there's still something wrong… I just have to find out where the problem is.

It worked before and now it simply stopped working. 

Is there anyway you could give me your Eager NPCs settings please? Cause I'm still having reverse animation issues despite forcing the genders of my female character and the male npc. I really like the concept of the mod but just wish I could solve this reverse animation issue.

You've mentioned using ENBHelper, but don't seem to have said you should be installing ENB? Is it needed / wanted?

Oh and your cache cleaning batch file shouldn't work as you've embedded spaces. Also, it's not a good idea to blanket place a del *.* line on its own. (in case you're in the wrong folder and delete the wrong files)

You'd be better served with a line like:

• del ".\edit scripts\dyndolod\cache\*.*" /F /S /Q

Run from the DynDOLOD folder

I've looked at your DynDOLOD instructions and they confused the heck out me at first :)

Until I realised you're just extracting the files, making a shortcut and then doing all the mods.

I started writing a list of what was needed in what order:

• Install SKSE to Skyrim Main Folder:
  • "<path>\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition"
  • Install Papyrus using Mod Manager
  • Install DynDOLOD Resource Files using Mod Manager
  • Extract DynDOLOD to Main Skyrim Folder
  • Install all Environmental Mods (only!)
  • Install Billboards
  • Create shortcut on Desktop for DynDOLOD64:
  • "<path>\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe" -sse
  • Do the same for TexGen64:
  • "<path>\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe" -sse
  •  

Then realised that you were adding all the specific LOD bits in the hints and tips.

***VERY RECOMMENDED****

Tested and works perfectly: Apocrypher xEdit Scripts

SimpleESLify:

Modified version of the "Find ESP plugins which could be turned into ESL" script.
    Automatically flags all ESPs that can be flagged without issue (In the above script these have the message "Can be turned into ESL by adding ESL flag in TES4 header").
    Just load all plugins in xEdit, apply the script, and save.

Any advice on children running around not clothed. I've already run into 3 children not clothed in the game during my test run. I've also examined xEdit and nothing is conflicting with those children. I've also tried the solution of using the oldrim meshes they suggested with being optimized for SSE and I still get the same result. Have you run into some similar @Kythana?

On 7/22/2019 at 12:20 AM, eidtelnvil said:

@Tr_veller

After the install list is the information on ENB. This guide uses Rudy's ENB. It isn't *technically* required, but it will make the game look at least ten times better.

Seen that and added :)

Oh, is there a reason for not including "Cutting Room Floor" or did I miss that one?

(btw - just for the record: This list is genuinely quite brilliant and while it's taking AGES to go through, I'm thoroughly enjoying doing so. Thank you VERY much for the obvious effort you've put in)

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, Hippeus said:

Is there anyway you could give me your Eager NPCs settings please? Cause I'm still having reverse animation issues despite forcing the genders of my female character and the male npc. I really like the concept of the mod but just wish I could solve this reverse animation issue.

Sorry, but i can't. Thats an option i don't use myself. I only tested it to find the right spot for it in the list. ?

15 hours ago, Hippeus said:

Any advice on children running around not clothed. I've already run into 3 children not clothed in the game during my test run. I've also examined xEdit and nothing is conflicting with those children. I've also tried the solution of using the oldrim meshes they suggested with being optimized for SSE and I still get the same result. Have you run into some similar @Kythana?

That shouldn't happen and it doesn't for me.

Spoiler

ScreenShot511.png.bbb081140adc3d6190f0e55e4b506477.png

13 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

Oh, is there a reason for not including "Cutting Room Floor" or did I miss that one?

I'm always a bit sceptical when something cut is readded into the game. Besides we'd need quite a few patches for this one and (at least for me) what it adds is not enough to have that many ESP added to the load order.

I'm getting very picky before adding more to the list (especially when it adds more ESP).

Just now, Kythana said:

Sorry, but i can't. Thats an option i don't use myself. I only tested it to find the right spot for it in the list. ?

That shouldn't happen and it doesn't for me.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot511.png.bbb081140adc3d6190f0e55e4b506477.png

I'm always a bit sceptical when something cut is readded into the game. Besides we'd need quite a few patches for this one and (at least for me) what it adds is not enough to have that many ESP added to the load order.

I'm getting very picky before adding more to the list (especially when it adds more ESP).

Doesn’t happen with every child. But there are some like Minette in solitude and nothing interferes with her.