Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Grummkol

Thanks for that. That was a remnant of my testphase and i forgot about it.

I'll remove the entry and add it to post #52. (done)

--- ---- ----- ----- ----- ---- ---

Checking atm:
HD Eye Normal Map SSE      - Doesn't seem to do anything.

Ice Cave Parallax Improved  - Wow! Just... Wow! Has to be added! 

Skin Feature Overlays SE      - Very nice addition! Will be added.

Updating Status to 'Release 1.8.4' Final

Some improvements and a bugfix

REMOVED mods:

Windhelm Exterior Altered                    - Landscape bug which was only visible from one side. Found no way to fix it(done)

Fair Skin Complexion                            - too many small details get lost using this skin..(done)

AOS Weather Patch                             - no longer needed for Obsidian(done)

Mods added:

Bijin Skin CBBE Improved Labia            - to 'PC'(done)

Ice Cave Parallax Improved                   - to 'Area'(done) 

OW - TS Merged Compatibility SSE      - to 'Weather and Lighting'(done)

Skin Feature Overlays SE                       - to 'PC'(done)

Skyrim 3D Landscapes                         - added to 'Area'(done)

Skyrim 3D Landscapes Billboards        - added to 'Area'(done)

Skyrim 3D Landscapes Groundcovers - added to 'Textures'(done)

True Storms Special Edition                  - to 'Weather and Lighting'(done)

Additional info:

Pretty Female Idle Loop 8-9 SE           - added to 'NOT recommended'. (done)

Immersive KS Hairdos                           - added to 'Mods worth mentioning'(done)

Reworked the pictures of Aylis (she's much better now). 

Spoiler

ScreenShot179.png.0502fa0269f8fa1aeae50e3c2734a157.png

Aylis.png.e5561ff88ec0f2f7d57f381e6071ab11.png

Update to post #55

Holy Moly! Just had a few nicer days in Skyrim and could finally test some mods i had written about. Those are a huge improvement in my opinion. There were a few things i wasn't to happy about and those are gone! Sometimes visible border where the grass ended - gone. Pop-ins of grass - gone. Too yellowish ground - gone. And a few things more...

But pics are better than words, right?

Spoiler

ScreenShot182.png.6319e815a720e97ed68cd76fad102afe.png

ScreenShot183.png.37b42c4d661b950a07779fe89241afc7.png

ScreenShot184.png.8299c46576a86befe64ccb254ac5385b.png

ScreenShot189.png.8dac4796f8b79f9d53c67c1285c032be.png

ScreenShot191.png.e873fecb19d2c81101b8c98253502b73.png

Now i got to recheck two or three mods i had already tested before. They might work better now...

And i got Bazinga's permission to use a part of one of his files which i modified for our list here. Will be added as soon as i got it prepared for download(done)

Added post #7 'Files' so that all of the files i created are in one place and easier to find(done) 

Quick question: which ZAZ animation pack to download given we're using CBPC - ZAZ 8.0 CBBE Rev2  or ZAZ 8.0+ CBBE HDT Rev2?

I'm guessing the former, but I wondered if the HDT capable version was needed to work with the CPBC physics somehow.

TIA

PS all the basic stuff is working beautifully together, thanks again for this great guide!

Finishing touches:

Improved Meeko SE

More Huskies (and Malamut) always sounds good to me. Will be added.

Farmhouse Wooden Fence

While i was on the fence about the fences, i don't think they fit well. Nope, won't be used.

Spoiler

ScreenShot196.png.7174fb9d5196e5039b5beb780af8ef46.png

Original

ScreenShot197.png.ca7fecfdd8f60beb87e2ad2da03e2718.png

Skyrim 3D Misc - Bucket

Where's a bucket when you actually need one… Not needed.

Skyrim 3D Misc - Butterchurn

Not needed.

Skyrim 3D Misc - Dining Set

Not needed.

Skyrim 3D Landscapes Groundcovers Alternative Road Dirt

Helps to blend in distant roads. Will be added.

Skyrim 3D Rocks

This mod fits so well now (hopefully he'll do mountains too). Before the last update they looked a bit off. Now they are perfect and will be added.

Spoiler

ScreenShot198.png.1fc20d82ef1ad685b8f3ad82aed431e7.png

Realistic Husky Sounds SSE

My favourite race of dogs gets better sounds? Yes! Will be added.

Who doesn't like hot springs?

Spoiler

ScreenShot194.png.4a4b77deb132e1ac1818eb1f9a22c3c3.png

ScreenShot195.png.337131563c416017332d79cf716e6241.png

In the end i'm in the process to wrap everything up (at least for this release). There are only a few minor things left, which bug me 'cause i know they are there even if no one else will ever notice them.

But a thread like this is never really finished… There's always something new around the corner and, if i think it is good enough, it will surely end up in the list.

Updating Status to 'Release 1.8.8' Final

After ~400 mods and almost a month digging through the innards of Skyrim the time has finally come to wrap everything up (and i can actually play the game myself).

I couldn't find more mods that would visually improve the game at its current state. For the gameplay i think i covered the most important things as well. Pop-Ups are rare and i think those are more related to the loading of cells (time for more threads and a good SSD) and missing improvements to the settings of Skyrims ini-files.

In the next days i'll add a few more entries to 'Tips and Tricks' and try to find more typos...

For now the following files will be the last addition:

Added Mods

Improved Meeko SE                                                               - to 'Override'(done)

Skyrim 3D Landscapes Groundcovers Alternative Road Dirt  - to 'Textures'(done)

Skyrim 3D Rocks                                                                    - to 'Textures'(done)

Realistic Husky Sounds SSE                                                    - to 'Sound'(done)

I might remove some of the optional stuff from the list to streamline it a bit more (the files can then still be found in 'Tips and Tricks'). But thats something i have to think about...

But now it is your turn. If you have a question, just ask. If you still find a bug, tell me and i'll try to fix it. If you think you got something that should be in the list, tell me and we can talk it over. Constructive criticism is no problem and praise or a 'thumbs up' will be well received...

Happy modding...

...Happy Hunting...

...Have fun!

Okay, first off, I got to read this through my work all day, so I did skip a ton of stuff, basically because being an I.T. means being unavailable a lot to things I want to do, which is modding and the occasional play-through of Skyrim, but sadly, after getting my mods on Bethnet's PITA system, I ran out of time for getting SE so that Camillia *LOOKS* like a who**, not something you dump a bucket over.

So, out of this exhaustive and very useful list, bare minimum (aside from SKSE64), what "people" mods should I look at in the list to un-ugly everyone to the point that I can stomach looking at them long enough.  I do know I am putting RaceMenu in the first chance I get, I so can't live without face sculpting.  As for outfits, would like "risky" as a choice, but not stupid skimpy (like that thin strap on your body is going to stop anything).  Not looking to do anything but that at the moment, because I just really don't get much time to play or mod, so a quick update of the Fugly NPC appearance (and the player too) is my first need.  That and that All The Children are Alright seems good, though somewhere I read that they grow up?  Interesting, Sims in Skyrim...

GuruSR.

Just use the groups 'PC' and 'NPC and Creatures' for the living. The Bijin Skin alone takes care of so many things (even for the guys).

For armor you have to take a look around. For me there are two important requirements. First a patch for JoP and second bodyslides. While i can go without the files for the body, the first is one decides if the armor ends up in the list. Trying to position yourself while only seeing floating arms and a quiver is not pretty...

Started to clean and streamline the list. Options were removed and then added to 'Tips and Tricks'. So the list will end up being the version which i think is optimal - but you still have informations what and how to change things.

3 hours ago, Kythana said:

Just use the groups 'PC' and 'NPC and Creatures' for the living. The Bijin Skin alone takes care of so many things (even for the guys).

For armor you have to take a look around. For me there are two important requirements. First a patch for JoP and second bodyslides. While i can go without the files for the body, the first is one decides if the armor ends up in the list. Trying to position yourself while only seeing floating arms and a quiver is not pretty...

Started to clean and streamline the list. Options were removed and then added to 'Tips and Tricks'. So the list will end up being the version which i think is optimal - but you still have informations what and how to change things.

So far, with the limited time I had, actually going to be gone for a good part of the day, so if you respond, I'll get back to it when I can, just put in a bunch of the stuff that was in the list, CBBE, all setup according to what I thought, got into the game and... the bodies are lighter than the faces, missing something, used your labia fix to the bijin body, something tells me I need all of that too first.  Didn't see any bounce or any physics yet, not sure why, didn't really see anything even mentioning that in the list (that I'm used to seeing from Skyrim).  Did find out that the memory patcher in the SSE Engine Fixes bombed it instantly, so I turned that back off.  Currently in Project AHO, so no clue when I'll see regular Skyrim, but even in there, the NPCs had the same body/head offset of color and absolutely no bust/butt physics.  Just have to figure out how to get Flower Girls SE 2.0 patch for Fertility - Children to work, seems to not be liking that, maybe a rename of the mod to remove the - Children is what I need to do.

GuruSR.

Thats where the groups 'SKSE' and 'Physics' comes into play. You should also take a look at 'Bodyslide' in 'Tips and Tricks'.

There's always a slight difference between the head and the body. But if it is more than in the pic, then you have to rework that part.

Spoiler

AylisNude.png.ae7c2aaccd59256089f7f06efab95de4.png

With Flower Girls you're on your own. I never used that mod...

5 hours ago, Kythana said:

Thats where the groups 'SKSE' and 'Physics' comes into play. You should also take a look at 'Bodyslide' in 'Tips and Tricks'.

There's always a slight difference between the head and the body. But if it is more than in the pic, then you have to rework that part.

Reveal hidden contents

AylisNude.png.ae7c2aaccd59256089f7f06efab95de4.png

With Flower Girls you're on your own. I never used that mod...

Seems I was in too much of a hurry, missed the main, though now Sky UI and UIExtensions keep refusing to stay checked and don't seem to be working (Sky UI isn't so far), everything else is though.

Mind you, you're missing something in the UI section: Better Messagebox Controls

Was I glad it's the same version for Skyrim, just copied and pasted messagebox from the Interface folder across to Skyrim SE's Interface folder and that annoying messagebox when you change mods doesn't require me to hit the mouse, just my activation key, done!  Now to wait for the Sky UI to start or however it is planning on starting, because I can't do anything with CBP or CBPC without it apparently.  And I just tried running it again through the SKSE64 loader, both SkyUI and UIExtensions keep unchecking, but thanks to Wyre Bash, think that'll happen never again.  Waiting on time to get KS Hairdos in, because the original vanilla ones are "so wonderful, can't live without them".

GuruSR.

Hehe, it's not missing as it is not needed. ;)

The mod 'Yes im sure' already covers that part. If the nag-boxes don't appear then you don't need more control for them. Besides so far everything else already works with the keyboard, at least with the reconfigured setup i've been using for years now. But thats a thing i do for every game on day one.

Updating Status to 'Release 1.9.0' Final

One mod, that i've been waiting for, finally got its update and an old mod which still delivers the better visuals for clouds.

Spoiler

ScreenShot206.png.cc31e0557d1920370c2958c1a45158e6.png

But i got two more mods to add:

Armor Rating Redux SE                         - Finally! Added to 'Override'(done)

ETHEREAL CLOUDS - Special Edition - Vastly improves the clouds. Added to 'Textures'(done)

Still working on the moss. While it seems to look better than before i'm still not 100% satisfied with the result.

Spoiler

ScreenShot207.png.1142f2f5368912a34cd105da72884b79.png

9 hours ago, Kythana said:

Hehe, it's not missing as it is not needed. ;)

The mod 'Yes im sure' already covers that part. If the nag-boxes don't appear then you don't need more control for them. Besides so far everything else already works with the keyboard, at least with the reconfigured setup i've been using for years now. But thats a thing i do for every game on day one.

Updating Status to 'Release 1.9.0' Final

One mod, that i've been waiting for, finally got its update and an old mod which still delivers the better visuals for clouds.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot206.png.cc31e0557d1920370c2958c1a45158e6.png

But i got two more mods to add:

Armor Rating Redux SE                         - Finally! Added to 'Override'(done)

ETHEREAL CLOUDS - Special Edition - Vastly improves the clouds. Added to 'Textures'(done)

Still working on the moss. While it seems to look better than before i'm still not 100% satisfied with the result.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot207.png.1142f2f5368912a34cd105da72884b79.png

Actually, the messagebox covers mod message boxes too, not just the nag ones, plus the game's own messageboxes, can't really live without it because I can select anything from the keyboard and forgo the mouse.  Right now, just waiting for the sun to come up enough in the save to see the 2k difference fully, I did notice some, but the lighting is too low to really notice.  Just wish the breasts and behind would move, static as a rock and I have all the physics stuff in, must of missed a step.

GuruSR.

7 hours ago, Kythana said:

Propably configuring the Physics. Take a look into the MCM.

I missed the MCM on it, got the esp checked finally, works in the ESL version, though everything looks wonderful so far, minus that macular degeneration going on, tried using BethINI to get rid of it, seems I can't.  Set the FOV to 80 (default, I think), not using an ENB at the moment, but I can't play this with that horrible blurr, according to BethINI it's off, clearly isn't (or is that blurringly apparent).  If I can get that off, I can actually see people when they're not right at the crosshair, as if they're a foot off, blurred, it's making the 2k textures impossible to see the quality.  Though I am wondering why everything looks like a log cabin only on the inside.  I also got the clouds in there, your latest addition, but again, blurr ruins me even seeing any difference.

GuruSR.

I'm not sure what you mean with 'blur', DOF maybe? Please give me a screenshot or two (in a spoiler) so i can take a look at it. 

I'll think about adding something like the 'Recommended Settings' in my guide for FO4.

The interiors of the houses will change as those differ from region to region.

A small thing regarding the mod for the clouds. At first i thought NRC would be a good and realistic option, but in combination with Obsidian it tends to get too cloudy in some months. While having a closed cloudcover may be realistic, but having it constantly seems imho to be too much. Putting EC on top of NCR gives us a more diverse cloud cover and the changes to the layers (skybox - high clouds - low clouds) work quite well.

14 hours ago, Kythana said:

I'm not sure what you mean with 'blur', DOF maybe? Please give me a screenshot or two (in a spoiler) so i can take a look at it. 

I'll think about adding something like the 'Recommended Settings' in my guide for FO4.

The interiors of the houses will change as those differ from region to region.

A small thing regarding the mod for the clouds. At first i thought NRC would be a good and realistic option, but in combination with Obsidian it tends to get too cloudy in some months. While having a closed cloudcover may be realistic, but having it constantly seems imho to be too much. Putting EC on top of NCR gives us a more diverse cloud cover and the changes to the layers (skybox - high clouds - low clouds) work quite well.

I just went with EC for the clouds, was the fastest way to improve them.  I've tried other cloud items on Skyrim and they've always looked bizarre.

Before any mods were added to the game:

Spoiler

1309735531_Mar17201911_15_11.jpg.9afeeb2f4ae171f1f49a12ab23a86b1a.jpg

After I went through the list of mods in your list (minus ENBs) to add a small set of items:

Spoiler

1674872166_Apr18201908_24_41.jpg.36c8f3feaaed732e904e526da68a756f.jpg

As you can see that is pretty violent and hard to play with.  All of the blur settings are off in the game, but the thing is, this happens *after* about 2 seconds of game play, so it's a mod.  Does Fertility or any other mod in the list offer this kind of blur as an effect, because it's just painful.

EDIT:  Found it!  "Dripping when Aroused", that was caused by the "Light Visual Effects", wow, I'd hate to see what the "Heavy Visual Effects" does, damn that was nasty.  Speaking of nasty, the male nude bodies, they look kind of like they've got underwear on and oddly, some of the schlongs are blank, I'll look into which one that is.

Spoiler

725149107_Apr18201908_38_49.jpg.474f57d5f43159bfd72397c04a4c5399.jpg

The guy on the left has a dark "strap like appearance" around where underwear would be and the guy on the right, well, his is just a gaping hole, most likely a compatibility issue.

Edit 2:  Fixed the textures with the schlongs, seems I missed some folders during install (manual), but that skin for the men, is there a better SoS compatible male skinset for all races?  I mean the women get to look better, what about the guys, can't have them having sex with things from the swampland.

GuruSR.

Yep, the visuals from 'Dripping' can be nasty. Although it is not a bug per se it can be perceived as one. I will add an enty for that in the bugs section...

The underwear for the guys should disappear after a second or two. SoS got a slight delay and pops in after a guy gets stripped. But that seems to be more a problem with the used CPU. While i had my Ryzen (sadly the mainboard died) i didn't see that at all, with the old FX i'm using now it is noticable.

But that is something i can only check and be sure about when the new generation of mainboards is available in two or three months. I won't replace a broken mainboard when a new series is that close to release.

Sadly there's very little to improve the guys. Bijin helps but it is not perfect. One overhaul 'improves' them by prettying them so much that they look more like young guys that just finished college (no battlehardened Nords but Ken instead), another one requires three additional hairmods (we already have imo way too many hairstyles), etc.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't sums it up quite well… I really hope that 'Man of Winter' will be expanded in a future release. Although i fear that the author isn't active anymore.

For textures i'm looking into Vitruvia - Skin texture overhaul for males atm.