8 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

so means dlc aren't affect by the updates, only the base game?

Just disable your mods, especially any that is F4SE dependent. Then start up ,see if the crashing stops. Then you can add in a mod at a time to check what might be the outdated one. (no longer usable)

4 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Just disable your mods, especially any that is F4SE dependent. Then start up ,see if the crashing stops. Then you can add in a mod at a time to check what might be the outdated one. (no longer usable)

so far... no crashings though... just that i feel a bit skeptical of some mods may not be working internally.

i dont even remember which mods are dependent to which, i just simply download any mods the guides said

A little update, if it's still relevant. Not much and I may be stating the obvious, but you basically want to look at the mods that rely on F4SE. I was just playing now, happy as a clam and thought it would be great to be able to jump out of vertibirds. So I closed the game, installed the mod, and the same happened: error sound, game running as a background process. Uninstalled the jump from vertibird mod, game works fine. 

Now, mod authors have the joy of needing to update their mods because of this useless game update. And who knows how many of them are still taking care of their mods or moved on. 

I fixed my game last night, I used all of my normal steps (no Mods, renamed Folders)

my problem turn out to be some of the contents of Plugins inside the F4SE folder.

such as the PrivateProfileRedirector files (which doesn't have a mod attached)

however i did remove a couple of others at the same time KnockoutFramework & fourplay (so maybe it was them)

15 hours ago, Invictaxe said:

I fixed my game last night, I used all of my normal steps (no Mods, renamed Folders)

my problem turn out to be some of the contents of Plugins inside the F4SE folder.

such as the PrivateProfileRedirector files (which doesn't have a mod attached)

however i did remove a couple of others at the same time KnockoutFramework & fourplay (so maybe it was them)

Knockout was a problem but it was recently updated.  Fourplay works fine with my game...

Ok, so this is weird. After I mentioned what happened with the vertibird drop mod, I've reinstalled it to try and see something. And after uninstalling it again, the problem remained. I can't launch the game via the script extender. I've even reverted to the previous version, installed the previous f4se, but the extender simply won't launch the game. It runs fine if I run fallout4.exe, but if I do it with the extender, the game stays as a background process

I have finally reinstalled everything. Turns out Looks Menu is a big player in this mess. It's imperative that you have the one that matches your game version. When I reverted to my old game version, I've downloaded Looks Menu again, but didn't realize I got the wrong one, because, in my haste, I downloaded the one from the bottom of the old versions list, and the one I needed is a bit higher up.

20 hours ago, human3166 said:

I have finally reinstalled everything. Turns out Looks Menu is a big player in this mess. It's imperative that you have the one that matches your game version. When I reverted to my old game version, I've downloaded Looks Menu again, but didn't realize I got the wrong one, because, in my haste, I downloaded the one from the bottom of the old versions list, and the one I needed is a bit higher up.

there isnt much info on which or what file to download before the game update.

i too was wanting to download the looks menu (but knowing my knowledge of level towards the bethesda games' mods), i'm at lost...

i'm still looking through about the "load order" of the mods if i were to download Looks Menu:

should i reinstall the whole mods in an appropriate load order or i can just last minute add in the LM mod?

i really wish there's a "real" simplified guide for new players, rather than all these "pro knowledge" hassle...

3 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

there isnt much info on which or what file to download before the game update.

i too was wanting to download the looks menu (but knowing my knowledge of level towards the bethesda games' mods), i'm at lost...

i'm still looking through about the "load order" of the mods if i were to download Looks Menu:

should i reinstall the whole mods in an appropriate load order or i can just last minute add in the LM mod?

i really wish there's a "real" simplified guide for new players, rather than all these "pro knowledge" hassle...

Because Vortex as a mod organizer uses LOOT and auto loads and places all the mods for us, it really does not matter what most guides would say..

15 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Because Vortex as a mod organizer uses LOOT and auto loads and places all the mods for us, it really does not matter what most guides would say..

what vortex? i'm using Nexus MM

7 hours ago, DerpedPerd said:

what vortex? i'm using Nexus MM

Vortex is Nexus new mod organizer. Usually there is a download option the top right side of Intro page...

I installed the game today, downloaded everything needed, but now when I got to the F4SE, it opens normally but after a while it crashes every time, but it seems that before crashing is trying to load the audio setting, and then goes down.

opening through steam works fine though.

update: nervermind, erasing the old plugins of F4SE solved the problem.