REDFACTION

REDFACTION's LAB

On 3/29/2020 at 1:56 PM, parzysty said:

To break the 180 bones cap, the way I see it, you'd have to make 2 rigs, one for top of the body and one for the bottom, then when sims engage in sex you spawn 2 rigs. It would probably completely break all existing animations but maybe with some ingenious engineering it could work.

Two rigs being connected to each other?  Is that technically what happens when an adult sim picks up and carries a toddler or a baby. 

On 3/31/2020 at 5:50 PM, millionserved said:

Two rigs being connected to each other?  Is that technically what happens when an adult sim picks up and carries a toddler or a baby. 

Yes, this was my idea as well, except I was thinking of the hair being the second rig and keeping the Sim rig untouched. I gave up on the idea, because I couldn't find a way to programmatically alter the ASM files to include another actor.

However, if they were manually altered, it would in theory be possible. You could add as many rigs as you'd like and they could each have their own animations.

One example is when a Sim is carrying two glasses of water at the same time and they happen to pass out, their arms "stay" in place, still holding the glasses of water, yet the Sims body took a nose dive.

But, like I said, I gave up on trying to find a way to do this, there are too many animation files you'd have to manually change, not to mention the number of mod conflicts doing that would result in!

On 5/6/2020 at 5:40 PM, 20087p said:

How long to wait for the release?

Till it's done. They dont even know an exact time/day/month

stop asking "when?" and wait for progress updates

I came along your May 13 post about animated clothes: "At this point of my research I am able to implement it but in order to prevent clipping we must use 1. a specific body mesh, 2. without any morph, and 3. with the fewest body modifications through CAS sliders as possible... In other words : it's very restrictive. "

Like the 2-rig system which seems to to hard to implement to pass the 180 bone limit it should be possible to create objects / pants with a sims rig. Like the animated tentacles of https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11682-faustterms-animations-update-05082020/. "Sliders" should be available in this case to move and hopefully also to scale the rig. With https://github.com/ColonolNutty/CustomSliderFramework it seems to be possible to access the sim sliders and maybe copy the values to the cloth object.

My time and knowledge in this area is very limited so I will not be able to check whether this works or to provide a solution. Hopefully it is possible to bypass the specific body limit while I understsnd that this may take much more more time. One could implement this - if possible - even as a standalone mod with a few basic objects and simple undress animations (as boring as WW wo animations - to be extended my modders).

Any insight is welcome, @ColonolNutty could likely code it in a few minutes, his cloth selector may work to select also "cloth" objects.

9 hours ago, Oops19 said:

I came along your May 13 post about animated clothes:...

I'm not entirely sure I see where you are getting at. If you attach something to a Sims rig, it'd still be a part of their rig and thus will still have the 180 bone limit.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:54 AM, Oops19 said:

My time and knowledge in this area is very limited so I will not be able to check whether this works or to provide a solution.

Too bad. You look like someone who could be helpful at experimenting things 😉

You should give it a try. We all have limited time you know.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:53 PM, REDFACTION said:

Too bad. You look like someone who could be helpful at experimenting things 😉

You should give it a try. We all have limited time you know.

When is it released?

6 hours ago, AmericanVillain said:

This project is promising ! the sex in the Sim is going to be in a whole another level 😂 take your time don't rush it because you are making our dream come true 😳.

REDFACTION is actually just waiting for the two "Wanted" problems to be resolved first. The faster those are resolved, the faster this will be released.

14 hours ago, ryo.vegito said:

When? @REDFACTION

Since the actual main issue (aka bonecap limit) aven't been solved yet, there is no release date, don't ask for it.

There are really few people that helping RF. on this project and he got a work IRL so...

Answer is definitly : NOT IN A NEAR FUTURE.

My god, what an amazing project. I understand real life takes priority, and I'll be waiting patiently for any advancement in this wonderful idea. Many kudos to you, @REDFACTION, this would truly bring a new era to custom animation!