Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I'm the opposite. I want to avoid things that make Skyrim crash more, and HDT chains are a good way to do that. And some of the boots are medieval, such as the iron ones with metal ring as heel. There was another shoe where in place of heel there was iron spike upwards... it would be cruel torture reallife though, but if walking on your toes it'd be manageable, almost. I turned boots and hobble slowdowns to minimum in DD settings, so only issue they make is random falling.

 

And DD has no option to reduce slowdown from ankle chains, they will actually slow you down.

You are right. I cannot use the newest Horny creatures of skyrim V11_4E, because the change in the horse schlongs crashes my game without fail spawning more than two of them at the same time. So adding more "crap" like that is not a very bright idea. 

 

This seems to depend strongly on your hardware, because it seems to work on faster systems.

Share this post


Link to post

Would there be a way the player could "Select" the restraints during the set up phase in the MCM? Everybody likes different styles and even that changes as time goes on. Personally I Prefer the Medieval items but find the vast majority of Skyrims mods seem to prefer the modern day, fashion statement "model shoot" latex items; for me this is a complete scene killer, but again, we're all different.  For this I'm actually very selective in my mods "Those big on genre correct restraints", I Know "D.I.D." is one of them potentially. Maybe setting this up at the start could be like the other settings. Possibly a Percentage slider on getting items I know many only look for a few minutes fun then "Ok Whats next"? Not necessarily a detailed system just overall how often.

 

I did once have to track down my gear from the vendors. That did take some time and I did have enough gold to get that back (They didn't take my money); once I got all that back....The "Retribution" was harsh, loud and not quick, not at all....then I took all his "Stuff" also.

Share this post


Link to post

I've been trying to escape from a capture for a few nights now!

Either I suck (let's pretend that's not possible) or escape is not really possible now.

 

Apart from the problem where I'm stuck in cell that the captors can't open, so I have to tcl out, if I walk ... pretty much anywhere at all ... they say I'm trying to escape and I black out.

 

In cases where I got through the door - with the watching captor devoid of LOS - they still appear next to me immediately, and as I try to move (at all), again, it's sex and blackout and back in the broken cell.

 

I tried waiting longer and longer times, but basically you can't escape.

 

 

I'm left with the feeling that instead of a combat defeat, I've got one of those old faulty SD+ masters who never lets you go. Except in SD+ there are impossible tasks to fail, and you can talk to your master. In DiD, I just have "...", assuming I can get through the gag-talk.

 

I'm really not sure what the escape "path" is designed to be, especially for characters with zero stealth (and not like you can stealth with all those debuffs and restraints anyway). Don't forget there are very likely other mods debuffing the player besides DiD.

 

 

Been captured for some game days now, and I think it's time to call it quits. I really want to use this mod for the addictions, but the basic defeat/surrender/escape part doesn't seem to have a plausible design. In 1.06 I could just walk away with no effort, now in 1.07, escape is impossible. I really don't know what is intended in the design.

 

I wish that CodeSerpent would explain clearly how you are supposed to escape without massive stealth skills. You can't fight in slave boots and shackles ... and then there are the Apropos debuffs that a lot of people will have from the repeated attacks. Or other debuffs.

 

 

Some things that could improve the design:

 

1) Absolute time limit on captures.

In modern SD+, assuming you don't have a creature master (they're still broken AFAICS) there is a time-limit before you are disposed of one way or another. It's several game days, but at least there's a limit, and you know up-front what it is.

If you don't have an absolute limit, DiD is a perma-slavery mod, and needs better slavery to be fun. 

 

2) Multiple escape choices.

Stealth is only one way to escape. Many people don't play a stealth build. In DiD, it seems non-stealth chars are screwed. Also, if you have stealth debuffs from other mods, you're also screwed. Other escape paths mitigate this issue.

  • Escape by violence - you can't do it if you're in slave boots and an armbinder - well what if you try, and fail in attacks a few times the captors dump you bound in the wilderness? It would be something.
  • Escape by persuasion - let high speech characters talk their way out - can't do it if you're gagged though.
  • Escape by bondage - if you end up in enough devices, they assume you're helpless, and simply stop watching you, and you can hobble off.
  • Escape by sex - high sex skills, or many orgasms might make the captors sleep or something?
  • Escape by masochism - relies on mods that have this, like BWitch, or STA, or maybe an addiction - if you start to like it too much, the captors soon get rid of you, or sell you to SS.
  • Escape by catatonia - totally traumatised, the captors either stop watching you, or discard you, because you're about as much fun as a corpse. Might take some time to recover afterwards though...

 

3) Actual escape quest stuff.

Add items to the capture area that the player can find to free themselves and fight back with violence. Need a chance not to be seen taking them.

 

4) Less use of captures overall - they should be less than half the time you're defeated, not all the time

Most times you're defeated, let the captors simply beat you, rape you, beat you again, then steal everything you own and leave you for dead.

 

5) Failure path

Fail enough times and you could be sold to Simple Slavery so a proper slavery mod can deal with you.

 

Overall, I struggle with the immersion of a situation where you're chained and captured, then try to escape and are repeatedly returned to the same cell. That probably shouldn't happen. After a few failed escapes they should change things somehow.

 

Also, why do they leave you all your gear then watch you so obsessively?

From an immersion standpoint, robbing all your stuff would be their first move.

Gear theft could accumulate on each failure? Could be total on the first capture? Feels like this is something people should be able to configure to their liking.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, mkess said:

I agree.

 

Loosing money, even all of it is ok. But loosing some special armor and weapons is no fun at all. I deactivate the item robbery option in almost every mod, that has that implemented. It's simple too much. I rather reload an older save, then risk loosing the items for good. I can live with a mod, where I am able to get it back, like the guard chest or from the people who robbed me, but searching for the loot asking all surrounding merchants, without a fucking quest pointer is a no no for me. That was "fun" for the first time ... but not for all other times it happenend. Because all of this is stoppintg you from following the quests you are doing at the time. So it is per definition a distraction and general annoying.

 

So if you implement such a system, make it optional and highly configurable in the MCM. Otherwise is your mod unusable for some people like myself.

Same here.  I turn off the robbery option in every mod that has it in my setup.  The only one that takes all my PC's stuff is Sanguine's Debauchery and Things in the Dark...so if I wind up in those situations, I keep those saves separate from the others - kind of like "branching off" my adventure in two different directions with the same PC so I can play either branch when I feel like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I've been trying to escape from a capture for a few nights now!

Either I suck (let's pretend that's not possible) or escape is not really possible now.

 

Apart from the problem where I'm stuck in cell that the captors can't open, so I have to tcl out, if I walk ... pretty much anywhere at all ... they say I'm trying to escape and I black out.

 

In cases where I got through the door - with the watching captor devoid of LOS - they still appear next to me immediately, and as I try to move (at all), again, it's sex and blackout and back in the broken cell.

 

I tried waiting longer and longer times, but basically you can't escape.

 

 

I'm left with the feeling that instead of a combat defeat, I've got one of those old faulty SD+ masters who never lets you go. Except in SD+ there are impossible tasks to fail, and you can talk to your master. In DiD, I just have "...", assuming I can get through the gag-talk.

 

I'm really not sure what the escape "path" is designed to be, especially for characters with zero stealth (and not like you can stealth with all those debuffs and restraints anyway). Don't forget there are very likely other mods debuffing the player besides DiD.

 

 

Been captured for some game days now, and I think it's time to call it quits. I really want to use this mod for the addictions, but the basic defeat/surrender/escape part doesn't seem to have a plausible design. In 1.06 I could just walk away with no effort, now in 1.07, escape is impossible. I really don't know what is intended in the design.

 

I wish that CodeSerpent would explain clearly how you are supposed to escape without massive stealth skills. You can't fight in slave boots and shackles ... and then there are the Apropos debuffs that a lot of people will have from the repeated attacks. Or other debuffs.

 

 

Agree with what you say, I'm playing a build with stealth but still can't escape, the guy watching me never gives me a chance and follows me even when he's not detecting me. I don't think adding more dependencies is the way to go. I would prefer a way to "gain the trust of the bandits" or at least make them a bit more lenient with the player.

 

Something like... after the rape and if the player hasn't tried to escape you can ask for something to eat or drink in exchange for consensual sex, and so the guy keeping an eye on the player drops his guard a bit.

 

Mod's working really nice, I'm not using DD nor Milk/Chaurus mods btw so that's disabled.

 

Had a little problem when tried to help the Thalmor fighting a group of Stormcloaks (random encounter), the mod removed all my gear and got dressed in prisoner rags in the middle of the road. All my gear went to the Whiterun Prison I suppose but I stood there watching them fight and then an archer one-shoot'd me

 

The whore effect also forced my character to masturbate in the middle of a fight and got killed obviously... that wasn't good.

 

Anyway, thanks for the mod! I'm enjoying this play  :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, xtrange988 said:

 

The whore effect also forced my character to masturbate in the middle of a fight and got killed obviously... that wasn't good.

Generally bad things can happen to the game if you try to play SexLab animations during combat.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I turn off the robbery option in every mod that has it in my setup.

Sure, stealing special armor is super-annoying. DF would even destroy it out of hand, just for putting on a trapped item. Nasty. Still does it, in fact.

Fancy player-made and enchanted stuff can also be a pain to replace ... too much pain.

 

Good robbery also needs retrieval options, even if it means going to a special merchant, or in the case of SD+, Sanguine's secret stash of stolen Dragonborn goodies.

 

Nobody wants features done badly; they're just pointless, but combat defeat without robbery is a bit weird too.

 

 

2 hours ago, xtrange988 said:

I don't think adding more dependencies is the way to go. I would prefer a way to "gain the trust of the bandits" or at least make them a bit more lenient with the player.

Not sure what you mean by more dependencies. Sure, ways to gain bandit trust fall under quest-like mechanisms. I'm all for that. For something ... anything really.

 

 

Maybe "dependencies" was relating to my note about masochism. That was just one possibility amongst many.

 

However, it made me think that masochism fits very nicely into DiD addictions - it would make a nice addition as an addiction.

 

Maybe that, and/or some other addictions, could ultimately help you in escaping ... a sort of self-balancing mechanism ... when your addictions are getting out of hand, the captors start to go easier on you, because crazy people are scary, not fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post

As of 1.07,  this mod works VERY well for me, both in Oldrim and Newrim with DD support, although it can be difficult to escape if you can't find restraint keys to help you out.  Basically I wait out the Shock portion to get my stamina back and start searching for keys in containers or dead bodies (and triggering my captor(s)) with the idea of getting rid of my foot or ankle restraints for the necessary sprint out of there like a bat out of hell. If I manage to find more than one restraint key, I stash the extras in a spot where I can retrieve them if I get caught in my escape. So my PC will have to accept the inevitable rapes while searching for keys. 

 

However I'd like to see a "return with the captive" mechanism if you manage to flee a good distance only to get caught..the problem is that your captor stays at the spot where you were recaptured instead of returning to it's original spawn point which could conceivably lead to some awkward spots for both captive and captor especially outdoors.  (imagine leading your bandit captors on a merry chase near Whiterun as I did)  It wouldn't make sense for the captors to linger so close to where there'll be hostile guards/NPC's who could attack them.   It's not as much of a issue with indoor cells though since all mobs inside a interior cell tend to be on the same side. 

 

And this with OBIS?  Just brutal on Legendary setting. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi.

 

First of all the mod is amazing, but there is one interesting thing that works differently from the rest.

 

The mod gets addiction values through global variables, so by using console commands "set _did_globalreliefsomethingaddiction integer" you can set any addiction to any level that you want, and that's extremely handy for the sakes of role-play, if besides that you want to still clear dungeons and some vanilla quests, otherwise the addictions might decay and it's a pain in the ass to get them back up.

 

However, for one reason or another, it doesn't work with sex addiction. And it sucks for obvious reasons, since you can raise that by repeatedly having sex, HOWEVER stopping animations for faster sex acts, waiting in-game for longer sex acts while saving real time or just using "set timescale to 99999" for the same sake do nothing to accelerate the addiction value, so when it's gone after a couple of dungeons, it's gone for good. And you have to dedicate like fifteen minutes of playtime to repeatedly have sex, unable to do anything - ANYTHING - else. Ye, sure, it gets the job done, but it's such an annoying task.

 

I would like to see a "prevent addiction from decaying" checkmark so you could raise it once and never bother with it again. Once again, I have no idea why the "set _did_global..." works for everything but sex, but it sadly does. And it kinda sucks.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm digging this mod. Did have one tough situation where I couldn't escape from a Forsworn camp. I eventually had to cheat and summon a follower to kill the Forsworn following me around. It's realistic, but it is just a game and sitting around as a captive isn't very fun.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, McLude said:

I'm digging this mod. Did have one tough situation where I couldn't escape from a Forsworn camp. I eventually had to cheat and summon a follower to kill the Forsworn following me around. It's realistic, but it is just a game and sitting around as a captive isn't very fun.

Do you know how to convert? Or if there is a Special edition version? I'm assuming you're on oldrim?

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, easims4tw said:

Probably a dumb question, but what did you click for BSA, Texture, Meshes, and Animations if anything at all? I keep getting the bsarch.exe not found error but I installed bsa

Extract bsarch.exe and place it in the /resources folder. I made the same mistake the first time.

Share this post


Link to post

Managed to get it added to my mod library, and its said it was installed but there was no option for it in my MCM. What all was I supposed to tick under meshes, animations, textures and bsa. I put the files I opened from this download into a new folder and did it that way, was that wrong?

50 minutes ago, McLude said:

Extract bsarch.exe and place it in the /resources folder. I made the same mistake the first time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, easims4tw said:

Managed to get it added to my mod library, and its said it was installed but there was no option for it in my MCM. What all was I supposed to tick under meshes, animations, textures and bsa. I put the files I opened from this download into a new folder and did it that way, was that wrong?

 

I ticked "necessary optimization" nothing under bsa because DID doesn't have a bsa.

 

I'm using MO2, I install the mod but not activated. Run CAO. Enable the mod. But you can do it in a separate folder, should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, McLude said:

I ticked "necessary optimization" nothing under bsa because DID doesn't have a bsa.

 

I'm using MO2, I install the mod but not activated. Run CAO. Enable the mod. But you can do it in a separate folder, should be fine.

I currently have NMM, and I repeated the steps multiple times to get every detail perfect. It still tells me DBID is a installed mod, yet there is stil nothing in MCM though it does tell there is 1 new option in MCM. Unless the DBID is under a different MCM im not sure what im doing wrong. I even tried to use MO2 and MO1 but neither work for my game when I try to direct them to it 😪😪😪

Edit- I have MO2 working now but I cant put DBID in CAO as is, so I have to put it in a new folder I believe, still wont work

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, easims4tw said:

I currently have NMM, and I repeated the steps multiple times to get every detail perfect. It still tells me DBID is a installed mod, yet there is stil nothing in MCM though it does tell there is 1 new option in MCM. Unless the DBID is under a different MCM im not sure what im doing wrong. I even tried to use MO2 and MO1 but neither work for my game when I try to direct them to it 😪😪😪

Edit- I have MO2 working now but I cant put DBID in CAO as is, so I have to put it in a new folder I believe, still wont work

Sorry but I don't think I have enough experience to help. NMM gets the job done but requires a lot of work on your part, MO2 lightens the load quite a bit. Sometimes it takes awhile before an MCM menu shows up, can even take 10-15 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, easims4tw said:

I currently have NMM, and I repeated the steps multiple times to get every detail perfect. It still tells me DBID is a installed mod, yet there is stil nothing in MCM though it does tell there is 1 new option in MCM. Unless the DBID is under a different MCM im not sure what im doing wrong. I even tried to use MO2 and MO1 but neither work for my game when I try to direct them to it 😪😪😪

Edit- I have MO2 working now but I cant put DBID in CAO as is, so I have to put it in a new folder I believe, still wont work

You have to choose your launcher carefully. It is not recommended to have both NMM and MO2, it could lead to very confusing problems. If you use MO2 your Skyrim\Data\ should be "factory setup" that steam installs - no mods. But i'm in the MO2 camp too 😋

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...