Game & save crashes within a specific area

On 1/15/2019 at 1:41 AM, GenioMaestro said:

If what you ask is WHY it has happened to you, then I have already told you. It can be a bug in a mod that stores something bad or a random and punctual failure when the game is stored.

9 hours ago, kevintheradioguy said:

So in the end it comes down to what I wanted to narrow a few: cleaning the entire 80 mods. Oh boy. I laugh nervously by the mere thought of it ?

As i said: Your problem "can be a bug in a mod that stores something bad or a random and punctual failure when the game is stored"

Before lost days or weeks making test YOU MUST VERIFY:

First: IF THE PROBLEM IS REPETEABLE??

Second: IF THE PROBLEM CAN BE SOLVED??

For the first part, if you have had this problem ONE TIME AND ONLY ONE TIME, you must NOT start a search that can go to nowhere.

For the second part, compress one of yours savegames and attach it to your next message. I can try load it and look if have the problem and if it can be solved cleaning the savegame. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2019 at 2:59 AM, yatol said:

forget that bullshit...

search mzult in google, coc there from main menu, and if you ctd, it's easy to fix

just reload the game with half the load order, coc there again, and repeat until ctd disappear, then enable back half of what was disabled

then either you get rid of that esp, either you fix whatever problem it is (2 mod that add something to the same place that edit the same navmesh and you need a patch, a mod that give a custom armor that suck to a npc, something that is always done so easy to find)

if you no longer ctd, the ctd was put in your save, and you are in deep shit

there's the id of the problem in the crash dump nobody try to understand, just type that in tesedit and that's what you have to fix (if that can be fixed, since you can't edit your save in tesedit)

Thank you for this briliant advice. I have same problem as OP here. And I try as you describe but without result. Still have CTD after entering of StonyCreekCave. And I belive I try tu disable every mod (Plugins) from game, also try to run vanila SkyrimSE Launcher but still have CTD.

So may I ask you please, if removing Plugins is same as removing mods. I am Vortex user and after removing mods it start automatically updating Fniis which may take long time. So I rather remove Plugins which I belive is same, or I am wrong?

Thank you for support. 

2 hours ago, aktzv said:

Thank you for this briliant advice.

It wasn't brilliant advice.

This is the LE BTW.

CTD at the same location is generally a bad mesh.

Is it only Stony Creek Cave?

Does it CTD every time you go there.

Can you coc into the place?

Does it happen on a new game?

Do you have anything which alters the location in any way.

2 hours ago, aktzv said:

if removing Plugins is same as removing mods. I am Vortex user and after removing mods it start automatically updating Fniis which may take long time. So I rather remove Plugins which I belive is same, or I am wrong?

You do not have to remove (uninstall) mods or plugins.  With Vortex you can just set the mod or the plug-in to 'Disabled'. If you disabled a mod then Vortex will automatically disable the mod's plug-in if it has one.

Automatically running FNIS is a Vortex setting. Turn it off if it is a pain. (I don't use it myself).