oblivion newbie

johntrine

@johntrine

All of your quotes are exactly right, atleast when i checked them. Bevis mod list is somewhat essential for making this decade and half game to look less dated.

Cant help you with bodies, i use ZKEC E and i make my own stuff to it. Most outfits i released had something gone wrong with blender export or i just didn't like 'em anymore.

ENB is tricky because finding one you like is hard. I made my own by heavily editng ATEnb with other files but its made for virtual photography over gameplay.

Summer ENB looks nice (and it was white fog on my end) there is also something called cyrodiil enb and so on and so forth. If it kills your fps then just delete d3d9.dll where oblivion.exe is. If nothing else, Oblivion Reloaded has color options and if most settings are set to 0, it shouldn't affect performance that much.

I use TWMP Hammerfell for Hammerfell. Not perfect, but it has a sexy aspect to it with some good armor/clothes. TWMP Skyrim Improved for Skyrim https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43924/. Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1070-elsweyr-anequina/. But this stuff requires the Tamriel heightmaps and landscapes, it's just a lot of stuff to install, and has to be done in a specific order. For Morrowind, I use Morroblivion. Puddles is working on a merge of Valenwood Improved with the Elsweyr-valenwood landscapes on TES Alliance http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/topic/16594-relz-twmp-valenwood-regrown-beta/ Still very buggy though. If your goal is to travel to as much as Tamriel like me, then it is worth it. But there are other better Hammerfell mods in their own worldspace like Deserts of Alik'r and Eastern Grasslands. All of these will likely have compatibility issues with UL. I don't use that because of all the town/village expansion mods I use, personally, requires too many patches for me. But I'm pretty sure there are patches for all this stuff, it just takes up a lot of esp slots.

Valenwood Improved and Elsweyr Anequina works without Tamriel heightmaps. Both are stand alone Mods, no other requirements. ( Maybe TES4LODGen to fix the view from distant. But TES4LODGen is not a Mod, it is a tool that is not installed in the game folder. )

Yes the patch to use both Mods together is outdated.

Don't know why not fix the old patch ( that does not need Tamriel heightmaps) ? Why a Tamriel heightmaps version ?

I only use Elsweyr Anequina. When I used Valenwood Improved my modding skills were not that good to fix the patch.

And Valenwood Improved has only 5-6 quests like "Bring me four flowers"  or "Bring me 8 mushrooms"  and the cities in south are not finished.

But Elsweyr Anequina has many quests, and new guilds and the "new" 2016 version fixed a lot of bugs and add some new quests.

Can't say anything about Hammerfell. Only all Hammerfell Mods I tried were . . .   I uninstalled them after some minutes or hours testing.

And Unique Landscapes : Yes conflicts with many Mods. About a third of Cyrodiil is changed when you use all UL Mods.

Spoiler

All UL Mods and the changed parts of the vanilla Game. And all other Mods that are in the bright green areas will conflict.

UniqueLandscapesGridMapReleased.jpg

But for me UL are must have Mods, I would never play Oblivion without UL. ( Only "cliffs of Anvil" I do not use )

Yes, I had to make many mods compatible. But I have only a few Patches, I change one of the Mod esp, UL or the conflicting Mod.

So if you can not mod / use the ConstructionSet you must use patches and if there are not patches you can not use the Mod.

And some UL Mods are Frame killer :  e.g. Unique Landscapes - "Bravil Barrowfields" and  "Silverfish River Valley" halves my frame rate.

so this has completly broken my mind. i dont understand how to run obse steam, let alone through mod organizer. any ideas?

edit- also, for some reason, when i start new game (even without mods) and go to the character creation, the whole screen was grey and nothing else but the character creation menu was visible

edit- fixed the whole gray thing. "apparently" thats an hdr thing? btw, still dont know if obse is running through steam and dont know how to check if it is. btw, does pressing escape not backs you out of menus?

edit- also, can you change a few things about oblivion reloaded ingame? like is there a setting option for it? cos it creates a certain lag and motion blur.

oblivion reloaded : setting are in the ini

setting description

Oblivion Reloaded.html

----------------------

OBSE

Have you read my yellow Link? How to install and use OBSE with and without steam.  With steam you start the Oblivion.exe ( in folder Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/  )

If you have installed your game in C : / program files (x86)  it can be that OBSE and and all OBSE plugins do not work .

57 minutes ago, fejeena said:

oblivion reloaded : setting are in the ini

setting description

Oblivion Reloaded.html

hmm. i read online that there was a "setting key" for the tes reloaded mod... guess that's not the case... i find it easier to chabge settings using gui based system rather than text files... guess oblivion doesnt have that.

59 minutes ago, fejeena said:

OBSE

Have you read my yellow Link? How to install and use OBSE with and without steam.  With steam you start the Oblivion.exe ( in folder Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/  )

If you have installed your game in C : / program files (x86)  it can be that OBSE and and all OBSE plugins do not work .

i did read it. my problem arises dur to having added another layer of problem that i used mod organizer. this makes it that i have to run obse from steam which has to run from mod organizer... luckily, i "think" i've managed it. except there is no way to know for me if obse is working. like some command or text or something that tells you in game that yes obse is working. if you do know of something similar, pls do tell me. if i do know if obse is working then i'll post how to run obse(steam version) through mod organizer for any other newbie so you can add it to your yellow link. btw, asking this again.

4 hours ago, johntrine said:

btw, does pressing escape not backs you out of menus?

escape in game open the menu  ( save and settings )  You close it with the OK button in the menu.

And inventory menu ( inventory, quests, map, magic ) you open and lose with the Tab key.

---------------------

Have you installed OBSE manually ? MO  or Mod manager can not install it ! You must install manually.

OBSE tester

deactivate it after you used it once. It is not a Mod that should be alwys active.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33574/

If you some day  install LAPF  it will also tell you when OBSE is not working or missing.

Have you googled the problem ?

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6885697-obse-failes-to-work-with-steam/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5113000-mod-organizer-how-to-install-mods-and-obse-correctly-with-steam-version-of-oblivion/#entry45126765

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6698547-problem-with-mod-organizer-2-and-obse/

And see https://www.loverslab.com/topic/50847-anatriaxs-guide-to-morroblivion/

In the spoiler  Phase 2: Extenders and Tools

at the bottom the spoiler : Setting up Mod Organizer:

2 hours ago, fejeena said:

escape in game open the menu  ( save and settings )  You close it with the OK button in the menu.

And inventory menu ( inventory, quests, map, magic ) you open and lose with the Tab key.

---------------------

Have you installed OBSE manually ? MO  or Mod manager can not install it ! You must install manually.

OBSE tester

deactivate it after you used it once. It is not a Mod that should be alwys active.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33574/

If you some day  install LAPF  it will also tell you when OBSE is not working or missing.

Have you googled the problem ?

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6885697-obse-failes-to-work-with-steam/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5113000-mod-organizer-how-to-install-mods-and-obse-correctly-with-steam-version-of-oblivion/#entry45126765

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6698547-problem-with-mod-organizer-2-and-obse/

And see https://www.loverslab.com/topic/50847-anatriaxs-guide-to-morroblivion/

In the spoiler  Phase 2: Extenders and Tools

at the bottom the spoiler : Setting up Mod Organizer:

give me a moment as i use obse tester. will let you know if i did make a good install. brb

edit= also, has anyone used northernui and is it good? it seems to maybe not work so well?

so i can confirm 100% that obse is working with that tester (though i must say that motion blur of oblivion reloaded made me feel like i'm gonna barf. even though in the ini i turned the 1 to 0 for motion blur) let me know @fejeena if you want me to tell you how i made obse (steam) work on mod organizer if you want to add that to the yellow link. cos that was the only thing your guide is missing.

17 hours ago, fejeena said:

Don't know why not fix the old patch ( that does not need Tamriel heightmaps) ? Why a Tamriel heightmaps version ?

Yes well the only reason is because I want ALL provinces in the same worldspace. Probably never gonna happen, but I have a few. I didn't know the patch was outdated, but I'm not sure which patch you're referring to (pretty sure the only one I use is for TWMP).

17 hours ago, fejeena said:

And some UL Mods are Frame killer :  e.g. Unique Landscapes - "Bravil Barrowfields" and  "Silverfish River Valley" halves my frame rate.

From my perspective UL and mods like it are not worth it for that very reason. Any mod that kills fps is essentially making the game less playable. That's why I keep installing and dropping Better Cities... it just throws too much out of place unneccessary crap into the cities, only thing I cared about it for was the Skingrad sewers and unique chapels. Thinking of dropping MMM too, don't really know why people worked so hard making mods that do things this game engine cannot handle.

So my advice, don't install many big overhaul and landscaping mods. None of that is worthwhile, just a huge complicated headache.

7 hours ago, johntrine said:

so i can confirm 100% that obse is working with that tester (though i must say that motion blur of oblivion reloaded made me feel like i'm gonna barf. even though in the ini i turned the 1 to 0 for motion blur) let me know @fejeena if you want me to tell you how i made obse (steam) work on mod organizer if you want to add that to the yellow link. cos that was the only thing your guide is missing.

Solution : do not use Oblivion reloaded. I do not use it.

------------------

Yes you can PM me  or post here how to use OBSE with MO.

-------------

I never used northernui  or any other ui.

16 hours ago, fejeena said:

Solution : do not use Oblivion reloaded. I do not use it.

maybe i'll have to do that.

16 hours ago, fejeena said:

Yes you can PM me  or post here how to use OBSE with MO.

alright. so for obse to work through mod organiser, ie to install it,

1)extract the obse folder into the oblivion folder like how you manually install it.

2)then, install it using od organiser. you do this to make sure the steam loads obse automatically and to make sure then if you install a mod that by mistake may overwrite anything obse install, mod organiser will tell you.

3)now restart mod organiser and if you have done it correctly, obse should be visible as one of the loading option in mod organiser BUT if you use steam oblivion, it WILL NOT WORK. so to make it work

3)go to settings and then to work around tab. if you installed obse correctly, a new option in load mechanism will be available besides mod organiser called script extender. select it and save and exit the settings.

4)select the drop down menu next to run button and select edit option.

5)select steam.exe usually installed in program files(x84) and give it a easy to know name. i named it obse steam.in the augments section, input this commands without the quotations "-applaunch 22330". this tells steam to launch directly, the app called 22330 which is the code for oblivion and since you installed obse directly in folder, this loads obse.

IMPORTANT- the down side of this is that mod organizer (for me at least) doesnt load ANY OBSE folder in a mod and you HAVE TO copy paste it directly in the oblivion install folder. ex- you have to paste the OBSE folder of mod BLOCKHEAD in data folder of oblivion... though i still suggest installing it in mod organizer after pasting it in oblivion folder so if any other mod overwrites anything in that OBSE folder after you copy paste it in oblivion folder, mod organiser will show you the conflict and you can decide which mod to keep and which to not.

Pls let me know if there is something you dont understand so i can explain it better.

edit- also, could you tell me the folder location of the foot fix file to be installed?

edit- also also, @fejeena is this mod yours? and is there a working all in one installer? also, i should probably be asking this first but... what does it do? add new clothes?

@Sir Artsy you told me about oblivion reloaded hence i'm asking... anyway you might know to-

1)turn off motion blur

2)edit oblivion reloaded's settings ingame instead of messing with the .ini file?

Steam and Oblivion never in program files(x84)  !

The reast of your OBSE installation is OK , same as one of the links I posted above.

And all people will tell you it is better to install OBSE and OBSE plugins manually. You the extra MO installation is not necessary, you unpack a Mod file first and if there ia a OBSE folder you can delete it before you install the Mod with MO (WryeBash or OBMM ).  Always unpack and check Mods!!! If you do not do it it is the best way to mess up your game.

------------------------------

Lovers Crowning isle BBB rpleacer is  ... yes a Crowning isle BBB rpleacer . For the Mod Crowning isle  it replace teh Mods clothes armor with bouncing version ( that will work with the BBB animations )

And Crowning isle is a Lovers Mod. And not a Lovers Mod you should use at start of your Lovers experience.

If you like some of the clothes you can use the meshes and textures ( With CS or TES4Edit you can create a new esp or you add the clothes in a armor/clothes Mod with a chest that you have already installed. You add the new clothes in the esp and the chest of the esp. )

------------------

Oblivion reloaded: Why not the ini ? Set all you want and do not want in the ini , so you never must do anything in game.

[Effects]
MotionBlur               = 0

Have you started a new game? Or have you used Oblivion reloaded , did some saves and then decided you don't want Motion Blur?

If you use a old save it can be that the turn off Motion Blur. ( But I do not now, I disabled Motion Blur before I used Oblivion reloaded the first time . And I used Oblivion reloaded only some hours )

And I told you if you have the Game in program files(x84) it can be that OBSE or some OBSE plugins do not work right.

Steam and Oblivion never in program files(x84)  !

The reast of your OBSE installation is OK , same as one of the links I posted above.

And all people will tell you it is better to install OBSE and OBSE plugins manually. You the extra MO installation is not necessary, you unpack a Mod file first and if there ia a OBSE folder you can delete it before you install the Mod with MO (WryeBash or OBMM ).  Always unpack and check Mods!!! If you do not do it it is the best way to mess up your game.

------------------------------

Lovers Crowning isle BBB rpleacer is  ... yes a Crowning isle BBB rpleacer . For the Mod Crowning isle  it replace teh Mods clothes armor with bouncing version ( that will work with the BBB animations )

And Crowning isle is a Lovers Mod. And not a Lovers Mod you should use at start of your Lovers experience.

If you like some of the clothes you can use the meshes and textures ( With CS or TES4Edit you can create a new esp or you add the clothes in a armor/clothes Mod with a chest that you have already installed. You add the new clothes in the esp and the chest of the esp. )

------------------

Oblivion reloaded: Why not the ini ? Set all you want and do not want in the ini , so you never must do anything in game.

[Effects]
MotionBlur               = 0

Have you started a new game? Or have you used Oblivion reloaded , did some saves and then decided you don't want Motion Blur?

If you use a old save it can be that the turn off Motion Blur. ( But I do not now, I disabled Motion Blur before I used Oblivion reloaded the first time . And I used Oblivion reloaded only some hours )

And I told you if you have the Game in program files(x84) it can be that OBSE or some OBSE plugins do not work right.

nah. only steam is in program(x84) i set the game installation location to a separate drive. btw, is there a mod similar to the devious series for skyrim that adds bondage resources (not quests)

Not really but:

B.Fetisch Girl.

R18PN_-_Bs_Bondage_set

Spoiler

r18.jpg

bondageshot.jpg

MasoMaso set

Spoiler

MasoMasoSetVer1.jpg

And leather, dominatrix clothes Mods.

In the Apachii Goddes store are some fetish clothes and piercings.

Some piercing Mods.

There was/is a pony girl outfit Mod.

Bunny clothes

Cow clothes

Spoiler

front-back.jpg

Hand cuffs and collars and tattoos ( in LoversBitch and in  https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/280-wearable-tattoos-and-body-writings/    )

And torture decoration ( torture table, items, pictures,,... ) in my BravilUnderground Addon. You can use the meshes and textures in your Mod, maybe a player hous Mods need a nice basement. Yes you must learn how to use the CS and change or create Mods)

----------------

Check Nexus and the Loverslab downloads.

Oblivion has so many mods, it's a bit older than Skyrim...:classic_wink:

6 hours ago, johntrine said:

@fejeena

@Sir Artsy you told me about oblivion reloaded hence i'm asking... anyway you might know to-

1)turn off motion blur

2)edit oblivion reloaded's settings ingame instead of messing with the .ini file?

1) OBSE/plugins/OblivionReloaded/ OblivionReloaded.ini -> [effect] motionblur=0

2. Default key should be O in keyboard

Johntrine seems to have Steam on one hard drive, and the game on another, and MO and mods, who knows where, and is trying to make it all work as if it were all on the same drive. I'm not saying it cant be done, but most users should not bother with such a setup.

Most intelligent Oblivion players that use alot of mods, use Wrye Bash or OBMM, or one of OBMMs successors to manage their mods. NMM is garbage. Vortex is probably beterr than NMM, but still not as good as WB or OBMM.  I suggest using Wrye Bash or OBMM.

10 hours ago, johntrine said:

nah. only steam is in program(x84) i set the game installation location to a separate drive. btw, is there a mod similar to the devious series for skyrim that adds bondage resources (not quests)

If you go into Clubs and join Amber's Playroom, there are some resources there.

16 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Johntrine seems to have Steam on one hard drive, and the game on another, and MO and mods, who knows where, and is trying to make it all work as if it were all on the same drive. I'm not saying it cant be done, but most users should not bother with such a setup.

Most intelligent Oblivion players that use alot of mods, use Wrye Bash or OBMM, or one of OBMMs successors to manage their mods. NMM is garbage. Vortex is probably beterr than NMM, but still not as good as WB or OBMM.  I suggest using Wrye Bash or OBMM.

well. i have steam in c drive. everything else is in the e drive and i only have 2 drives just to be clear.

I had no problems with steam and game on different hard drives. Steam and Skyrim on E and Fallout NV on G. And Fallout worked fine.

But I never had Steam on C : program(x84) , maybe that can cause problems.

what problem? the game so far seems to be working fine for me... XD infact SOMEHOW, this made my skyrim stabler too. i dont know how... before installing oblivion, skyrim crashed in 45 seconds..

27 minutes ago, johntrine said:

well. i have steam in c drive. everything else is in the e drive and i only have 2 drives just to be clear.

what problem? the game so far seems to be working fine for me... XD infact SOMEHOW, this made my skyrim stabler too. i dont know how... before installing oblivion, skyrim crashed in 45 seconds..

C programs problems seem to arise when the users fails to get full admin over the folder itself. If you're not having issue, you're likely okay.

Yes I said .... maybe that can cause problems. 

Not .... it will always cause problems.

Best no games and steam in C :  program (86) .  With a new installation why risk problems?

But if you already installed it in  C : program (86)  and it works it is ok.

Installing in Program Files (x86) is fine. IF the user disables UAC. UAC is the reason that it is advised not to install there. I have fully disabled UAC a long time ago and always do so on new installs. Its really annoying. Many utilities and mods have seen many updates, since people have started recommending installing elsewhere. Its possible some of them can work fine, even if UAC isnt disabled.

Archived