Selecting an NPC

There is a mod called The Manipulator for SE.  It lets you select an npc and add them to your Harem.  Then you can assign a place for these npcs to live.  The mod also lets you turn off several nagging features like vampire attacks, naked comments, stupid dog comments.  But currently in VR of course you can't select the npc to add them to your harem.

Also this might be a bit more of a long shot but the amputator mod for legacy edition skyrim also requires you to target an npc to edit them.  I was able to open the mod in Skyrim SE creation kit to change it to form 44.  It loads into SE fine but I can't select an npc so it defaults to trying to edit the nonexistent VR player.

22 hours ago, quietlychamil said:

Would you be able to patch Lazytools? 

Will look at it this weekend. (Just got my Pimax and I'm a bit overwhelmed by setting up and tweaking stuff,)

3 hours ago, Keifomofutu said:

Also this might be a bit more of a long shot but the amputator mod for legacy edition skyrim also requires you to target an npc to edit them.

Can you post a link to it?

The Manipulator was the main reason I wanted to make this patch and I have it working - as in selecting a NPC, but almost none of the functions of the mod actually work. I'm trying to debug it further and so far my suspitions lie with JsonUtil not working correctly with SkyrimVR. But I'll upload the test version of the patch in case the problem is in my setup and it turns out it actually works.

10 hours ago, CPU said:

Here is the link: 

I asked for link to the "amputator mod for legacy edition skyrim " since I'm not sure what it might refer to.

I'm a bit stuck with Manipulator as it seems the problem with it is related to JsonUtil. The mod generally works but so far as I can see no json file is been written so the changes are not saved. Or at least this is what my debugging so far has showed and I'm unable to find the json file anywhere on my system. Seems to me the core of JsonUtil is in a  dll, so I'm not sure how to debug problems with it.

56 minutes ago, prinyo said:

I asked for link to the "amputator mod for legacy edition skyrim " since I'm not sure what it might refer to.

I'm a bit stuck with Manipulator as it seems the problem with it is related to JsonUtil. The mod generally works but so far as I can see no json file is been written so the changes are not saved. Or at least this is what my debugging so far has showed and I'm unable to find the json file anywhere on my system. Seems to me the core of JsonUtil is in a  dll, so I'm not sure how to debug problems with it.

Sorry about the wrong link.

Be aware that SexLab and JsonUtil do NOT support the executable for the VR version of the game.

SexLab partially works (not completely) but JsonUtil is completely not working because it is a SKSE plugin and has to be compiled for the specific version of the game.

SSE and VR are not 100% compatible, so the plugin has to be recompiled.

Not sure if Ashal has intention to port it to VR.

1 hour ago, CPU said:

Be aware that SexLab and JsonUtil do NOT support the executable for the VR version of the game.

I'm using the VR port of PapyrusUtil (the second file) so it is supposed to work.

However I can't find Manipulator.json anywhere on my system. Tried running everything as Administrator but didn't help.

I was wondering if there is a hardcoded path in the dll that hasn't been changed and as I don't have SSE I can't see if it trying to write it there.

The files are written in "SKSE/Plugins/JsonUtil/something/" but technically the path can be changed by the author.

I can check if the PSC file forces a different path.

26 minutes ago, CPU said:

The files are written in "SKSE/Plugins/JsonUtil/something/" but technically the path can be changed by the author.

I can check if the PSC file forces a different path.

If I remember correctly the path is "..\Manipulator\Manipulator.json" so I expect it in "data/skse/plugins/Manipulator"

I'm using MO and searched for it in Overwrite, in all of the Mods MO folder and in the SkyrimVR game directory. Couldn't find it.

I was wondering how the dll itself decides where to write it, is it using a relative or a full path to "data".

17 minutes ago, CPU said:

But it is not possible to write outside the Data directory. 

I guess it depends on how it is implemented in the DLL. I'm just trying to think about reasons why the file isn't created and one idea is that maybe the DLL is trying to write it in the "data" of SSE and not of SkyrimVR. But this is just a speculation and is not important, I'm not sure what possibilities are here to debug jsonUtil as it is all in the DLL.

My current theory is that there is a bug with the VR port of PapyrusUtil, but I don't know how to debug further.

Grab the tool called ProcessMonitor.

Run it (no need to install it) and put as filter just the Skyrim executable.

Trace only the access to files (registry is useless for you)

Try to "save the json", exit the game, and check in the logs of ProcessMonitor.

Well I tried the manipulatorcfg.pex file.  Selecting npc's works great.  I think setting the harem location worked but actually trying to add someone to the harem didn't.  Not sure why maybe a problem between skyrim and skyrim vr.  It seemed a lot of the npc specific functions weren't working.  I tried the automarriage as well.  But it ran smoothly and there were no crashes.

Oddly enough it was the lazytools all in one that wasn't letting me select npcs.  I was using the updated npc select mod.

16 minutes ago, Keifomofutu said:

Oddly enough it was the lazytools all in one that wasn't letting me select npcs. 

Make sure you install the patch after the mod or if using MO drag this patch below the mod on the left side of MO. This patch needs to overwrite one file from LazyTools.

Yup moving Select Npc  below lazy tools in MO2 did the trick.  Lazy tools works perfectly.  Even just being able to adjust peoples weight without pulling up the console and awkwardly trying to blindly select the npc is great.  Heels and all that is pretty nice too.  

I still can't get manipulator to add people to harem though it does select them fine and even list their relationship status and race.  It does mention something about a missing UI extensions tool?

Man Skyrim VR really needs a dedicated spot on Loverslab.

17 hours ago, Keifomofutu said:

It does mention something about a missing UI extensions tool?

Where does it mention that? Do you have PapyrusUtil installed?

But yes, I have the same issues with The Manipulator, I uploaded it in a hope that it will work when somebody else tests it (as maybe it is a problem with my setup). I have now removed the file from the post in order to prevent further confusions.

What doesn't work with Manipulator is the functionality that requires stuff written in an external json file. I have been trying to debug it, but I'm afraid I'm at at point that requires more knowledge than I have. I have used the tool CPU linked above and it seems there is no attempt made to write the file at all, so this is the current state of my testing.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Majia1346 said:

This might be a dumb question, how do you select the player(self) after selecting an NPC? 

Ummm... you can't.

Why do you want to do that? I can add a second spell to select the player, but I can't think of use for it and I don't want to add many spells.

10 minutes ago, prinyo said:

Ummm... you can't.

Why do you want to do that? I can add a second spell to select the player, but I can't think of use for it and I don't want to add many spells.

For flower girls scenes. It's third personal view so i would like to modify the player height to match the girls with high heels. i'd like to adjust sos settings on player also. 

24 minutes ago, prinyo said:

Ummm... you can't.

I think I figured it out. I added a spell and spell effect using CK and it seems to be working. 

Thanks for pointing out I can just add a spell! Also thanks for this awesome mod!