I stopped modding

All modders, those few in the Hall of Fame and those many outside, reach a point in time when the personal circumstances call for a fundamental decision - to burn out on side or to fade away. Sooner or later one has to set the own priorities straight. Modders, especially the successful, tend to defer it to the Greek Calends, I remember me and still know why. However, as a modder that has retired when the average Fallout 4 player of today was still busy with pronouncing their very first words I can tell you that retirement, next to the usual downside of becoming history, a fossil of the past, the modding Stone Age that doesn't impress anymore, has a huge upside. For the very first time since long the former modder is able just to enjoy a game and today mods, and all this w/o complaining about the flaws that come with it, knowing that the own projects had more loose ends than the orange Dotard still has own hair on his head.

I'm happy as it is, there's nothing to regret. No more anger and frustration, no permanent pressure, just fun in game, a lot of fun and endorsements given to everybody that has created something. Being one with yourself and the objects of interest, that's not bad. Yep!

Good luck and much fun in the times ahead!

And Merry Xmas to all y'all ?

Things like this can happen, but like I know from smokers to stop smoking, they are beginning again to smoke, quite in time: weekly. Maybe this return happens also with you!

I guess you stay as a stuff-member and you want to answer to my stupid questions also in future.

If you return, we could maybe do something together;-):  Skyrim is the best game to create mods into (best graphics-best music-best athmosphere ingame, ...).

Best wishes and a nice christmas and a happy new year.

If you get completely lost, this would be a terrible cut for LoversLab.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:11 PM, CPU said:

Hello, I stopped modding.

I may maintain my mods for the dozen games I modded but I think I will not do new mods for these games.

If I will find a new game wort modding I may restart.

Thanks for all the support.

Post Scriptum:

I am NOT leaving LoversLab or stopping to help other people. I will just not do other mods on the games I already modded.

That you for all the work you put in here ❤️

On 12/22/2018 at 2:59 AM, winny257 said:

a new incentive was there, unfortunately this was from UbiSoft destroyed! :classic_sad:

What am I looking at here? Did the dudebros from Sparta make fun of her bouncy tits again?

Come to think of it, did Spartans reproduce asexually or am I right in thinking they were born from rocks?

Lets hope something like Obsidian's The Outer Worlds can spark a fire under the community like F:NV and Oblivion did. Skyrim was exciting as well but FO:4 was clearly not interesting to a lot content creators.

Community seems bigger but a lot less interest in modding with no unifying game makes me sad.

13 hours ago, cornbreadtm said:

Community seems bigger but a lot less interest in modding with no unifying game makes me sad.

Well, Moore's Law comes at a huge price, let's call it the Axiom or Wall-E syndrome...

"Wow, look at that! Computer, where's my free sep-tua-centennial cupcake in a cup?!"

A Merry "Whatever Doesn't Offend You" wishes Buy-N-Large™, your very best friend! ?

Thank you friend. In particular thank you announcing your retirement. Many modders just fade out of existence without a peep. Some big developers aren't even this transparent with announcements. Appreciate all the work you have done and should in the future you feel like modding new games those projects would be welcome too.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:11 PM, CPU said:

I may maintain my mods for the dozen games I modded but I think I will not do new mods for these games.

If I will find a new game wort modding I may restart.

Thanks for all the support.

Post Scriptum:

I am NOT leaving LoversLab or stopping to help other people. I will just not do other mods on the games I already modded.

I respect your choice and i wish you a fun time with the games you choose to have a grand time with. Should you ever come back with new stuff do please inform us mate :)

On 12/19/2018 at 4:11 PM, CPU said:

I know you're a moderator but this was opportune. My apologies beforehand, pls don't ban me...

Someone will fill the void you leave as if you never left and everything will remain the same. See it happen all the time on the Nexus. Chesko stopped for a while, someone else came in. Elianora stopped for a while, someone else came in. God forbid if I ever stop modding...

download.jpg

On 12/23/2018 at 11:25 AM, steelpanther24 said:

I have only used a couple of your mods (fade to black and mini needs), but am more familiar with you from your work here in LL.  It is good to see you will remain here and will be available for any who need help in Papyrus programming.   

True. I'd like to make something myself someday and I bet I'll need help with that.

Wait, wait you forgot something.....yea I think you forgot something.  Ummm just give me a minute to think of it.  Yea just hang out for a bit and I will try to find it.  While you are waiting, maybe check out some of the mods that really need your help. Ok I will be back in just a minute.  

Didn't work did it?

Anyway, thank you for all your help and hard work, you will be missed more than you can ever imagine.

21 hours ago, RussianPrince said:

I know you're a moderator but this was opportune. My apologies beforehand, pls don't ban me...

Someone will fill the void you leave as if you never left and everything will remain the same. See it happen all the time on the Nexus. Chesko stopped for a while, someone else came in. Elianora stopped for a while, someone else came in. God forbid if I ever stop modding...

Ouch (but true).....you mean the good old days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems?

However, there is always a lag before someone competent comes in to take up the reins (just look at wonderful mods like  [CK2] House Irae and Dickplomancy  Reloaded for Mount and Blade) and that is what we lose, those of us who have to go through the gap.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived