[Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.23

15 hours ago, Denton47 said:

The resource Type/Group/ID must be the same as the original, otherwise you are not overriding it.

I checked MusicTrack.tdesc, length has no limit:

<Tunable type="float" name="length" class="TunableRealSecond" default="30" display="Length" muid="B9C9AFE871715DD8" min="0" max="None" description="The length of the clip in real seconds.  This should be a part of the propx's file name." Deprecated="False" filter="0" group="General" />

Ah, well, I don't really know what else to do then. Like I said, I edited the length in recipes tuning, and put the finished .package file in mods. Then, I launch the game, and check the custom content box to see if the game reads it, which it does. Then I go in-game and have my sim play rock song 1, and the mp3 plays, but only for like 30 secs, then my sim stops and puts the guitar down....

• Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.12
  • 1 month later...
  • Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.13
On 5/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, Another Account said:

Hello I exported a 44100 Hz MONO MP3 with audacity but when I try to add it I get this error messageimage.png.302264f54aadae00de240781aaee8a1a.png

What you are seeing is one of the options for the ealayer3.exe command line tool, it looks like the name/path of your MP3 file "confuses" the command line, try renaming it to something simple like test.mp3 and put it in a folder like C:\Temp.

11 hours ago, Denton47 said:

What you are seeing is one of the options for the ealayer3.exe command line tool, it looks like the name/path of your MP3 file "confuses" the command line, try renaming it to something simple like test.mp3 and put it in a folder like C:\Temp.

Well I renamed it to edit.mp3. I tried it in C:\Audio, in the TS4 Sound Tool folder, on the desktop, on external hardrive, changing system language to English and trying it all again. Doesn't work.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:21 PM, Another Account said:

Well I renamed it to edit.mp3. I tried it in C:\Audio, in the TS4 Sound Tool folder, on the desktop, on external hardrive, changing system language to English and trying it all again. Doesn't work.

I have no idea why this isn't working for you, below is the command line that is executed, maybe you can get more information if you copy/paste it into a command prompt,

ealayer3 -E "C:\Audio\edit.mp3" --single-block -b- -o "C:\Audio\tmp1234.tmp"

The output actually goes into $\AppData\Local\Temp but since I don't have your path I replaced it with C:\Audio.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:06 AM, Denton47 said:

I have no idea why this isn't working for you, below is the command line that is executed, maybe you can get more information if you copy/paste it into a command prompt,

ealayer3 -E "C:\Audio\edit.mp3" --single-block -b- -o "C:\Audio\tmp1234.tmp"

The output actually goes into $\AppData\Local\Temp but since I don't have your path I replaced it with C:\Audio.

It seems to be working now (though I haven't tested the package yet). I needed to extract ealayer3 into the folder again because it seems last time I extracted it, I didn't replace the ealayer3 in the soundtool folder

EDIT: Package is working as intended

Edited by Another Account
  • Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.14
  • 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for this great tool. I was wondering if it's possible to put all custom sound events in a single package? So 1 package contains all custom sound events in the drop down menu? Kinda like the same structure the game files are in, if that makes sense.

• Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.15
On 7/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, lanoix said:

Hi, thanks for this great tool. I was wondering if it's possible to put all custom sound events in a single package? So 1 package contains all custom sound events in the drop down menu? Kinda like the same structure the game files are in, if that makes sense.

The tool was designed to edit one sound event at a time, this is because of the way a sound event can be split into multiple events with different prefixes and suffixes, when you are done editing you can merge all your packages and put a single package in your mods folder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.16
  • 1 month later...

Not sure what is wrong here but the software can't find the installation directory for the sims. I have created a text document with one line containing this: C:\Users\_____\Documents\The Sims 4\Game\Bin but is this correct or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated!

2 hours ago, nooddood said:

Not sure what is wrong here but the software can't find the installation directory for the sims. I have created a text document with one line containing this: C:\Users\_____\Documents\The Sims 4\Game\Bin but is this correct or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated!

The path must end with "The Sims 4"

• Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.17
  • 2 months later...
  • Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.19
  • 2 months later...
  • Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.21
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, tansupahman said:

keeps saying unable to locate sims 4 installation directory. but i added the text that contains my sims 4 path. how to fix?

The file must be named Install_Dir.txt, must be placed in the tool folder and must contain the actual path to the game which you can copy from Windows folder, should look like this: 

C:\...\The Sims 4

keeps saying una

11 hours ago, wild_guy said:

The file must be named Install_Dir.txt, must be placed in the tool folder and must contain the actual path to the game which you can copy from Windows folder, should look like this: 

C:\...\The Sims 4

should also mention i have the cracked version. i dont know what im doing wrong 

2023-08-01 18.43.31.heic 2023-08-01 18.43.22.heic 2023-08-01 18.43.14.heic

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2023 at 12:46 AM, tansupahman said:

Not the bin folder, just the game path. For "special" game versions I guess this is "C: (or any disk you chose during repack install) \Games\The Sims 4"

About you this may be it ? :

your_pic.jpg

Edited by Pololab
-

[Thanks Denton47 for this other tool.]

Sound tool working good, I could create a sound_test package with 1 only variation (like in tutorial), replaced the sound cas_loco thing with a random mp3.

Moved the pckg to my mods. No conflicts.

1./ How does it affect WW ? Animations sounds/moans haven't changed.

2./ Is it hard to replace/enhance others vanilla sounds (eg : heels/boots) ?

3./ Possible to add the "2./ sound" to some of my CC-shoes that don't have foot steps sounds ?

vo_sound_test.package

On 9/21/2023 at 8:32 PM, Pololab said:

[Thanks Denton47 for this other tool.]

Sound tool working good, I could create a sound_test package with 1 only variation (like in tutorial), replaced the sound cas_loco thing with a random mp3.

Moved the pckg to my mods. No conflicts.

1./ How does it affect WW ? Animations sounds/moans haven't changed.

2./ Is it hard to replace/enhance others vanilla sounds (eg : heels/boots) ?

3./ Possible to add the "2./ sound" to some of my CC-shoes that don't have foot steps sounds ?

vo_sound_test.package 20.96 kB · 1 download

If you want to change the WW sounds you have two options, you can either edit all the animations and have them use your sounds or create overrides for the base game sound events the animations are using, please note that creating overrides will also change the base game animations.

To create an override select a sound event like vo_motives_bladder_idle_hop, click Clone and when asked for a new name just keep the same name and you have created an override.

In order to modify foot step sounds you need to edit the sound events that start with foot_ like foot_step, foot step sounds are a combination of terrain type and shoe type, I don't think you can assign a specific sound to a CAS item, you need to assign one of the predefined shoe types.

• 2 months later...

Hi, is there a way to extract a voice type (like for example Female voice 1) entirely, and replace it entirely in one package? Or would I have to do it animation by animation? I want to make entire voice replacements

Edited by Mahaeva
  • Denton47 changed the title to [Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.23
On 12/27/2023 at 1:02 AM, Mahaeva said:

Hi, is there a way to extract a voice type (like for example Female voice 1) entirely, and replace it entirely in one package? Or would I have to do it animation by animation? I want to make entire voice replacements

You will have to replace them event by event I'm afraid, also TS4 has more than 300,000 voice recordings, even if you are only replacing one type it is going to be quite an undertaking.