[Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.23

That's probably it. I tried adding it to the list of Windows Defender exclusions, but it still did nothing. So I turned off real-time protection and check apps and files, still nothing. The only other antivirus I have is Malwarebytes but it's the free version, so it won't scan files automatically. What else should I try?

19 hours ago, greensky010 said:

That's probably it. I tried adding it to the list of Windows Defender exclusions, but it still did nothing. So I turned off real-time protection and check apps and files, still nothing. The only other antivirus I have is Malwarebytes but it's the free version, so it won't scan files automatically. What else should I try?

If you are not getting any messages at all I am not sure I can help, the tool is 32 bit, it needs Windows 7 or later and .NET Framework 4.5 or later (should be installed by default), if you meet those requirements it should output something when launched.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a bit of an issue with the tool, though, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I cloned a non-Sim sound effect and used it in an animation with total success, but I'm having a problem with cloning a Sim vo effect.

cloneissue.jpg.44719c59203ae4cbf729aed9d63b7b35.jpg

When I clone the effect I want, suddenly the "Voice Type" dropdown is empty. I can't select any of the female/male voice options. When I save and re-open the package, the "Sound Event" list changes to:

cloneissue2.jpg.4f01e2d05d4b30deaa9a486f003fba57.jpg

When I select any of those options I can still alter the variants within by adding or deleting. But now when I add this sound to my animation with the name "simdulgence_energynodoff1" it won't play the sound. When I change the name to "simdulgence_energynodoff1_ma", it will play the variation for Male Voice 1 - but it plays it for every sim. Somehow when I clone it seems to lose the voice types.

I think this is a different problem from that posted on page 1 (the program wasn't finding the clips to begin with?). I'm not sure if this user error on my part or if something else is going on. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

23 hours ago, simdulgence said:

I am having a bit of an issue with the tool, though, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I cloned a non-Sim sound effect and used it in an animation with total success, but I'm having a problem with cloning a Sim vo effect.

cloneissue.jpg.44719c59203ae4cbf729aed9d63b7b35.jpg

When I clone the effect I want, suddenly the "Voice Type" dropdown is empty. I can't select any of the female/male voice options. When I save and re-open the package, the "Sound Event" list changes to:

cloneissue2.jpg.4f01e2d05d4b30deaa9a486f003fba57.jpg

When I select any of those options I can still alter the variants within by adding or deleting. But now when I add this sound to my animation with the name "simdulgence_energynodoff1" it won't play the sound. When I change the name to "simdulgence_energynodoff1_ma", it will play the variation for Male Voice 1 - but it plays it for every sim. Somehow when I clone it seems to lose the voice types.

I think this is a different problem from that posted on page 1 (the program wasn't finding the clips to begin with?). I'm not sure if this user error on my part or if something else is going on. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

You need to follow the games naming standards when cloning sound effect, otherwise the game wont recognize sound types correctly. If you clone a sound event like vo_motives_bladder_getattention and remove the vo_ prefix, then you change the sound type from voice to effect, in fact you will get multiple effect events with different suffixes depending on which voice types were in the original sound event, so obviously you should not change the prefix unless you want to change the type.

These are the current naming standards and how the game constructs an instance ID from a sound event name in an animation:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PrefixSuffixMappings>
  <Entry Prefix="vo_" Suffix1="actor" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Vox" />
  <Entry Prefix="voe_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="actor" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Vox" />
  <Entry Prefix="foot_" Suffix1="destination material 2" Suffix2="shoe" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Footstep" />
  <Entry Prefix="obj_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="destination material 2" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="scootmod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="terrain" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="uiblockmod_" Suffix1="terrain" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="UI" />
  <Entry Prefix="uiobjectmod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="destination material 2" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="UI" />
  <Entry Prefix="sitmod_" Suffix1="source material 2" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="kneel_" Suffix1="destination material 2" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="barmod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="doormod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="source quality" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="fridgemod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="bodyfall_" Suffix1="terrain" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="mailboxmod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="foodmod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="talkingdollmod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="toymod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="heelclickmod_" Suffix1="shoe" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="handterrainmod_" Suffix1="terrain" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="tabletmod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="handseatmod_" Suffix1="destination material 2" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="casheelclickmod_" Suffix1="shoe" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="toyvehiclemod_" Suffix1="source material 3" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="birthdaycakemod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="computermod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="handpicninctablemod_" Suffix1="source material 2" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="clothingmod_" Suffix1="outfit top" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="babyvox_" Suffix1="none" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Vox" />
  <Entry Prefix="showermod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="showertubmod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="bookmod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="microwavemod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="frontdeskmod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="registermod_" Suffix1="mood" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="hottubmod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="storagelockersmod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="mood" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="dartboardmod_" Suffix1="destination material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="windchimesmod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="talkingtoiletmod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="voc_" Suffix1="skill level" Suffix2="actor" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Vox" />
  <Entry Prefix="voec_" Suffix1="skill level" Suffix2="mood" Suffix3="actor" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Vox" />
  <Entry Prefix="basketballmod_" Suffix1="terrain" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="coffinmod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="sitmodtoddler_" Suffix1="destination material 2" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="bodymod_" Suffix1="destination material 2" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="petballmod_" Suffix1="terrain" Suffix2="source quality" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="bodymodpet_" Suffix1="destination material 2" Suffix2="shoe" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Sfx" />
  <Entry Prefix="collarmod_" Suffix1="ghost" Suffix2="necklace" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="petballcarrymod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="catscratchmod_" Suffix1="destination material 2" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="catscratchsidemod_" Suffix1="destination material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="dogdigmod_" Suffix1="terrain" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="rakemod_" Suffix1="terrain" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="throwobjectmod_" Suffix1="source material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="voact_" Suffix1="skill level" Suffix2="actor" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="Vox" />
  <Entry Prefix="mopmod_" Suffix1="source quality" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
  <Entry Prefix="oceanladdermod_" Suffix1="destination material 1" Suffix2="none" Suffix3="none" Suffix4="none" Suffix5="none" SoundType="None" />
</PrefixSuffixMappings>

If you need to "recover" the sound event you made you can use s4pe or S4Studio to add a vo_ prefix in the name map and calculate new instance IDs for the BROBX resources, you don't need to update AUD resources if you have any of those.

26 minutes ago, Denton47 said:

You need to follow the games naming standards when cloning sound effect, otherwise the game wont recognize sound types correctly. If you clone a sound event like vo_motives_bladder_getattention and remove the vo_ prefix, then you change the sound type from voice to effect, in fact you will get multiple effect events with different suffixes depending on which voice types were in the original sound event, so obviously you should not change the prefix unless you want to change the type.

Thanks for that piece of information - I did wonder if my name was an issue (eg too long) but didn't think to add the vo_prefix back. I just tried again but made sure to keep the prefix and the voice type list populated correctly this time.

Also that list is incredibly interesting! There are so many more prefixes than I would have guessed. I'm off to go add some voices to the talking toilet...

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for making this program! I was just wondering a few days ago how I'd add custom sounds to my projects, and this relieves some stress.

Andrew on S4S has a list of sounds that he extracted that, if you haven't already, can be looked at to see if he found other voe sounds that you didn't (or anything else). http://sims4studio.com/thread/6246/list-sound-effects 

Hopefully it helps!

Edit: Also found this. http://modthesims.info/t/599609

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2019 at 9:48 PM, thepancake1 said:

Hey! Just to let you know a finding I had. Emotion voice prefixes aren't just the emotion names, but also "ehi" and "elo" which are just High Intensity and Low Intensity of the same voice.

Thank you very much for this information, this does indeed seem to be the missing keys for the remaining emotional voices that didn't resolve.

3 hours ago, Denton47 said:

I have added emotional intensity keys and support for Discover University, new version is now 1.0.13.

That's great! Now it's possible to play voe sounds that were unavailable for preview before, thank you for this! @thepancake1, thank you for finding this!

But I want to ask to make the 'High Intensity' key used by default, instead of the current 'Happy' one, as most often suitable.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wild_guy said:

@stasik2017 why are you trying to look for sounds in the OLL animations package? Generally you should look in the game resources

Reveal hidden contents

111.jpg.5dd6a1d0b4bd96eef1fb62b9771c9fdd.jpg

It doesn't make sense to search custom sounds in an animations package unless the author really made them.

sounds enabled in this package, but i want change this sounds

1 hour ago, stasik2017 said:

sounds enabled in this package, but i want change this sounds

Well, maybe. Maybe I just don't know they use custom sounds. But even if it's so, you can't edit custom sounds if they are included in the animations package and the key recourse of that package doesn't contain the sounds names. Look here

Once the custom sound is ready for release you can just merge the package with your main animation package, the name map is not needed for the custom sound event to work in game, but it is required if you want to edit it, if the name map is deleted/overridden then you wont be able to edit the sound event anymore so it is important to keep the original package as the source in case you want to edit it again.

27 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Well, maybe. Maybe I just don't know they use custom sounds. But even if it's so, you can't edit custom sounds if they are included in the animations package and the key recourse of that package doesn't contain the sounds names. Look here

Can you show an example of how to change the sound in some kind of animation on the screen or video ?. I'll be very thankful

On 5/19/2019 at 1:13 AM, wild_guy said:

I just tried to add custom sound event to existing animations package and I couldn't do this directly via Sound Tool. To do this I had to cretate a separate package with custom sound first, then export its content and import it into animations package using S4PE excluding the sound package KEY to prevent the loss of animation clip names. Everything works just perfect in the game (thanks again to @Denton47).

Is this the way you did it?

P.S. The only problem I faced with is the Clone Sound Event name must start with "vo_" or "voe_" otherwise the sound event won't be cloned but I figured that out pretty soon after repeating the default example.

So you wrote edited sound in the animation, please tell me how with s4pe? Thank you

Hello Hello, I did all the actions indicated here, and i have this file. What should i do next this file? please help

On 12/12/2018 at 10:07 PM, Denton47 said:

1. Double-Click on TS4SoundTool.exe to start the tool.
2. Select Base Game pack and then the vo_cas_loco_walk_sleepy Sound Event.
3. Click Clone, enter vo_sound_test as the new Event name (if you enter the same name as the original you will be creating a default override).
4. Click OK in the New Event dialog, you will then be prompted to create a new empty package, create one and click OK.
5. The tool will clone all voice types and variations from the original event which you can now edit. The sample I want to use is Female Voice 1 variation #4, select that and click Save As to store a copy (.snr file), select and click Delete on the other variations so only #4 remain.
6. Select Female Voice 2 and delete all variations, click Add and select the sound sample saved in the previous step.
7. Repeat step 6 for Female Voice 3 and Teen female Voice 1 - 3, delete all variations from all other voice types not used.
8. Click Save to finish the edit, vo_sound_test is now ready to be used in animations.

1.jpg