[Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.23

Looks pretty cool! How do you learn this stuff? it's pretty intense and shows a lot knowledge ?

A question I've been wondering about is the voice slider in CAS and the sync for the b_Jaw bone,

How are these affected by this mod in your testing so far? Is the voice played at one pitch and tone or will the CAS slider change this for individual Sims? Also will the jaw movements run to the original sample or is a sync still acheived?

Either way great work and it's gonna add some more fun in conjunction with the VFX 

22 hours ago, R-Lo said:

Looks pretty cool! How do you learn this stuff? it's pretty intense and shows a lot knowledge ?

A question I've been wondering about is the voice slider in CAS and the sync for the b_Jaw bone,

How are these affected by this mod in your testing so far? Is the voice played at one pitch and tone or will the CAS slider change this for individual Sims? Also will the jaw movements run to the original sample or is a sync still acheived?

Either way great work and it's gonna add some more fun in conjunction with the VFX 

If I understand SGMS correctly, the CAS slider maps to the voice types which are then modulated to a certain pitch, I am not sure about the exact mapping, but I think a large part of the middle section of the slider maps to voice type 1, the start part to voice type 2 and the end part to voice type 3, I could be wrong though.

I don't think any information about how the lip-sync feature works has been published by EA so I am just guessing here, the Audio Config resource contains the following two named tables:

HashMap32_Float     vuMeterFacialOverlayModsOffset;
HashMap32_Float     vuMeterFacialOverlayModsScale;

Maybe the jaw movement is constructed from the "volume" of the voice recording played or maybe some of the unnamed properties control it, I guess we will need to experiment to learn more.

6 hours ago, Denton47 said:

I have uploaded ver. 1.0.1 which contains the fix for Get Famous.

Thank you for the fix Denton47. Did you do it for the some of the other expansions as well? Get Famous isn't the only one with this problem.

1001.jpg.ab6d69b49e00fdb825f6e0c1fec08f83.jpg

17 hours ago, Zivyx said:

Thank you for the fix Denton47. Did you do it for the some of the other expansions as well? Get Famous isn't the only one with this problem.

1001.jpg.ab6d69b49e00fdb825f6e0c1fec08f83.jpg

I have uploaded ver. 1.0.2 and hopefully I have mapped everything correctly now, I separate the clips and audio which is what is causing the problem.

8 hours ago, Kodenu said:

Could it be the Mhz and Kps of the MP3's that you are using is causing the crash?

The sample rate is 44100 which is the same as EA uses in their recordings, I think it has something to do with the way the external encoder organizes the data but I am still looking into this, as I understand the external decoder/encoder was made to extract and replace music in EA games, I don't think anybody has used it for effects before.

4 hours ago, SilentAegis said:

Wait, what does this mean? I'm a bit lost, does this mean you'll be able to play ambient music and stuff during animations?

This is for sim voices and effects played as part of an animation, ambient sounds are part of the .world files I think and I don't know much about how to trigger interactive music I'm afraid.

9 hours ago, Denton47 said:

The sample rate is 44100 which is the same as EA uses in their recordings, I think it has something to do with the way the external encoder organizes the data but I am still looking into this, as I understand the external decoder/encoder was made to extract and replace music in EA games, I don't think anybody has used it for effects before.

Yes, the 44100 Mhz is correct and should be bitrate of 128 Kps or less from what I have experienced. If your speaking of EA layer3 as the external encoder, yes, it has been used for effects, as well as the FFMPEG codec.

_SNS and _SNR files have audio. Depending on the way they're coded, they come in different combinations. The most common one is a SNR file, which contains audio, with an AUDTUN. Short sounds are usually coded this way. You can also have a SNS, SNR and AUDTUN files. In this case a SNS file contains audio data, a SNR file somewhat "points" to SNS. AUDTUN files (Audio Tuners) seem to contain some properties of SNS and/or SNR files they reference to, but no audio as such.

From what I have read there was a problem in the past with EA layer3 when exporting the MP3 or Wav file for SNR  files. The Hex code is different, here's what I found, if the first byte is 04, that means its using the EA XAS ADPCM codec. If the first byte is 05, that means its using EALayer3 codec. If its using anything else, that means its an unknown codec.

The EA sound engine looks to be pretty complicated and I applaud your effort in trying to tame it for animators.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:51 PM, Kodenu said:

Yes, the 44100 Mhz is correct and should be bitrate of 128 Kps or less from what I have experienced. If your speaking of EA layer3 as the external encoder, yes, it has been used for effects, as well as the FFMPEG codec.

_SNS and _SNR files have audio. Depending on the way they're coded, they come in different combinations. The most common one is a SNR file, which contains audio, with an AUDTUN. Short sounds are usually coded this way. You can also have a SNS, SNR and AUDTUN files. In this case a SNS file contains audio data, a SNR file somewhat "points" to SNS. AUDTUN files (Audio Tuners) seem to contain some properties of SNS and/or SNR files they reference to, but no audio as such.

From what I have read there was a problem in the past with EA layer3 when exporting the MP3 or Wav file for SNR  files. The Hex code is different, here's what I found, if the first byte is 04, that means its using the EA XAS ADPCM codec. If the first byte is 05, that means its using EALayer3 codec. If its using anything else, that means its an unknown codec.

The EA sound engine looks to be pretty complicated and I applaud your effort in trying to tame it for animators.

Thank you for the feedback, information on this subject seems a bit limited so any input is more than welcome.

Audio Tuners don't exists anymore, they have been replaced by a new resource called Audio Configuration in Sims 4, the AUD (0x01A527DB) audio snr resource appears to be unchanged, all voices and effects in Sims 4 are EA Layer 3 version 5 as far as I can tell.

I have checked the "header" of the generated snr file, version, channel, sample rate, number of samples and size are all correct, it is the "data/bitstream" part that differs from the original EA snr, I am currently looking into this but I am having a little trouble finding the time at the moment.

20 hours ago, krivoj said:

how can i add a sound in my animation? i use Sim4studio but i got some problem about sound.

I am not that familiar with S4Studio but I think it goes like this, open your package, go to Warehouse tab, select Clip, in Events click Edit Items, in the popup first select SoundEvent then click Add, in SoundName enter a sound event like vo_cas_loco_walk_sleepy and enter a Timecode in seconds (0 is the beginning), click Save.

20 hours ago, Zivyx said:

I notice they are still sound files in each pack with the not found issue. The base game one as well.

It's better than nothing I guess. Thanks.

One thing to note is that not all voice sound events have a Female Voice 1 audio resource which is what the tool tries to select by default, for example vo_toddler_nap_twitch only has a toddler voice. Some of the sound events are for pets and SGMS didn't reveal those keys unfortunately, there are also events like vo_pirateday* that I don't know where are stored.

On 12/18/2018 at 3:29 PM, azmodan22 said:

Hell Yea !!

Awsome Work Denton

You can also use this tutorial to convert sounds. I never used it before personaly as I had no idea how to add the new one to the game. Untill now :) 

http://modthesims.info/t/447344

Thank you for the feedback, unfortunately, FlyBy in the link you provided hasn't really figured out how to encode a custom sound effect (0x01A527DB) either, maybe he is faced with the same problem I am.

What he does is to actually delete the sound effect making it empty, he then encodes his custom sound as "music" (0x01EEF63A), then he writes a piece of code and attaches it to his CC object, the code will then play the "music" instead of the empty sound resource. While this is a clever workaround, I don't think we can use this approach unless someone can figure out how to play the "music" resource (0x01EEF63A) from animation events.

5 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Hi Denton! I finally tried and it doesn't work for me. I always get the notification to close the program once I try to launch TS4SoundTool.exe:

Reveal hidden contents

111.png.73d599876eed90e61f6ef00b57acf121.png

Here is the tool folder including ealayer3-0.7.0-win32:

Reveal hidden contents

222.png.156d1a6a7e2101a2a80eed327a4c3d1e.png

Can't understand what am I doing wrong?

The first thing the tool does is to try and locate the Sims 4 installation directory, maybe your installation is different than mine because you have Russian Windows, can you please check if you have the registry key mentioned in the code below:

string TS4FilesPath = (string)Microsoft.Win32.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Maxis\\The Sims 4", "Install Dir", null);

Also can you please translate the top part of the popup for me, thank you.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:42 AM, wild_guy said:

My game installed in C:\Games\The Sims 4. Here is what I have in the registry path you mentioned:

111.jpg.2bd949a67d1311669b054b691b854577.jpg

The popup is the standard windows one which says that program stopped and windows can try to look for a solution in the web. And 2 options: look for solution and close or just close.

I have added a fallback to initialization so if the tool can't find the registry key it will look for a file named Install_Dir.txt where you can specify the path to the Sims 4 installation directory, version 1.0.3 has been uploaded.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, Alonely said:

Hello, Denton47! Great addition to the modding repertoire!

However, when I try and follow your tutorial, my "Add" and "Delete" buttons are grayed out. Do you know why this is?

1789187731_Screenshot2019-01-0316_48_50.png.94b06d397956c342578072aad2d86a1a.png

I have uploaded version 1.0.4, this should fix the issue when editing custom sound events.