Obsidian's New Game 'The Outer Worlds' Official Trailer

Kendo 2

Well...at least Bethesda is gonna have serious competition. Maybe it'll force them to change how they make games and be higher quality.

But I'm pretty sure Obsidian released the trailer to take advantage of the disaster of Fallout 76. With already good will from Fallout fans because how amazing they made Fallout New Vegas.

Definitely a middle finger to Bethesda for them refusing Obsidian to make a new fallout. So obsidian went F U and made a post-apoc style game anyway rofl

I never even heard of this game until a few minutes ago, a friend texted me with a link to the video. It looks cool, I like the idea of space, and alien creatures and all that, and the premise of the game (at least what's in the trailer is pretty cool), I'm going to keep tabs on it, and see how it really turns out before I decide.

6 minutes ago, shadowlord445 said:

I'm intrigued.  Wonder if it will be moddable.

1st person shooter and there are teammates(?).  Modding it might be a pain in the ass like it was for the original MassEffects or DragonAge 2 (meshes and textures mostly).  Depending on the engine and what kind of licensing Obsidian has they might not be able to officially support modding with a level editor or tool kit.  Unreal is pretty strict about 3rd party distribution of their code and they require a specific license for that.  I hear it's expensive too.  Unity allows for it to a certain extent and GOD please don't let the game be using Frostbite3.  I want another game to mod but I'm fed up with Bethesda's bullshit.

I just watched it. nice. straight from the new vegas devs. this might be good. I'll keep a eye out on their gameplay trailer. hoping for mod support once the game is out that is.

Gameplay released today: 

Looks a bit questionable to me in some areas. Weapon sheathing is not thought of often but in a roleplaying game I don't want to be wandering around with my weapon out all the time so I hope it just wasn't shown rather than not being in.

Gameplay seems a bit on the slow side but that could be a good thing depending on how battle works

Unreal Engine 4 I keep seeing. Is that moddable in any extensive way? I dunno.

I felt the same way about turn-based RPGs at the time that Fallout was released that others seem to be feeling about FPS mechanics right now.

One would hope that such fatigue doesn't lead to the game being limited to cult status at best if it ends up being a high quality product as was the case when Fallout entered into a similarly crowded turn-based RPG marketplace.

Archived