Tumblr Users! Beware!

Mariana Soprano

10 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

It's shame if it passes as we'll lose the sssvitlans site (LanaFindsCC) ?

I have found soo much good stuff through there. I think it will still be around but it will probably get scrubbed of adult material. There are definitely some creators that will migrate. Probably to patreon, but hopefully some those that create adult content for fun will migrate here. The best adult cc material I have found has been here anyway.

That being said i probably have enough cc for a lifetime and i certainly have gotten a lot pickier since i started playing a year and a half ago. You cant show me a tattoo I care about anymore and surely 200 files for hair is more than enough for the 30 or so sims i give half a damn about.

The only thing that I use Tumblr for is following the work of adult comic artists. Ah, well. It isn't as if they can't just go to other hosting sites or their own personal sites but this is a bit of an inconvenience.

After the 17th, the prudes will have the purity that they so crave at last...until they jump ship to another more popular alternative when they can no longer receive the attention that they crave even more than purity.

Basically, I just want to say I've been a long long long time lurker of both this website and many of the works that a lot of the talented members of this community. I recently started coming out of my shell to post here and there and build up the courage to interact with this amazing and productive community, and that included taking part in Tumblr as well. 

In short, I just want to say, if you're one who is ditching Tumblr after its "purge" of adult content, I want to thank you for all of your contributions and I am excited (and hope) to see you active here on Loverslab. Everyone here has been extremely helpful and it's so great to share the experiences of Skyrim among so many people. 

Here's to you guys. :)

46 minutes ago, daedal said:

i didnt have a tumblr but i still have a blog on LL if that counts

Of course, LL blogs are OG. I always find something interesting from the users and forums here that inspire me to try something new within my own game.

20 minutes ago, 27X said:

They aren't going to have a choice. Yahoo's last ditch effort at maintaining any money is to be listed on the Apple store, and Apple won't take them until the vaginas are gone.

What bothers me is that Tumblr was a platform I was just getting into, where I could find and follow all the content in a quick and convenient fashion (this is my personal perception of the website), particularly, I appreciate it's almost "all-purpose" news feed. It sucks it had to go out this way. 

EDIT: To continue on this, LL is great for the kind of content it promotes, but in the time I've spent using it, it's accessibility as a whole doesn't match that of Tumblr, in the sense of following content, posts, updates, etc. I do realize that's not LL's function to begin with, but still. :/

At least I now feel more motivation to start a screenshot blog or something myself here on LL

Here is a tumblr post with information, and a suggestion of a useful tactic to use.

http://stolenvampires.tumblr.com/post/180763580580/nsfw-tumblr-and-what-to-do-bout-it

If you are still not quite sure of what to message to tumblr support, you can message me for a template of what I said to them.

https://www.tumblr.com/support

1. Be nice, but firm. You are dealing with some underpaid intern, not the person personally responsible for the company's decision. They do not deserve abusive messages. Show them, at minimum, basic human decency. But also, be nice. You can express your distaste firmly without being nasty.
  2.  Make it clear how you will threaten Tumblr's bottom line. Not only say you will cease buying their products, but also say you will be using ad-blocking software on all Yahoo owned websites and mean it. Opt out of personalized ads on Tumblr if you have not already, this will also hurt the bottom line.
  3. Hurting the bottom line is an inherently leftist tactic. I thought it was interesting to note.
2 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Why not just put some ads?

Advertisers won't place ads that have vaginas near them, because vaginas cause rape murder and erectile unfunction, which is why this is happening in the first place, and by the by, Flickr is next.

Archived