[mod] Elven Expansion

Elven Expansion

This is my first mod released for the dark world tweaks it expands the elven race.

Features:

1. new buildings 
  2. a new elven religion,
  3. 4 bloodlines of which you can pick one when you reform the elven faith
  4.  a new court event for all characters
  5.  a decision for a elf of the wrong faith to take up the elven faith. Please feel free to post feedback in the comments below.
  6. a set of seasons to provide buffs and debuffs throughout the year
  7. new Decision to summon a elven commander
  8. new battlefield and victory events(more to come)

Note: This is a submod it Requires Dark World Fanstasy and the fae module to run.

to update just remove old version and drop in the new one.

NOTE: this mod overwrites the 02_scripted_triggers_warrior_lodges file to get the society to work it will not be compatable with other mods that also overwrite the same file.

Uploading a fix sorry seems i accidentally left a old file in the archive. if you dont want to replace your version then all you need to do do is go into your mods folder inside the Elven Expansion folder/common/buildings and delete the tribal replacers file. this shouldnt break your saves either.

Suggestions.

Make an intrigue entry to turn off the season event notifications.

As nice as they may be 4 times a year every year is boring after a while.

Very simple solution:

Make a decision that sets a character flag and add a check for that flag in the notification events.

Make the event that makes the elf player adapt the old elf religion (albeit it is supposed to change religion in my test game it did change culture for some reason. maybe because I randomized the world) affect the capital county as well.

Hi I found some bugs:

- elven religion has standard germanic religion symbol

- when you reform the elven religion you dont get any bloodline

- elven religion head is broken both the name and when you use the temporal doctrine for reformation

- when you are reformed, as an elf ruler you still get the "recover elven religion" decision which gives you the old unreformed religion back

- when you reform all qualities of old elven religion (heir choice, divine marriage etc) disappar. (dunno if wad)

hmm might have some test qualities still in let me check some of it is wad as you use doctrines to effect some of it. thanks on the religion head i will look into it, the Germanic symbol is a placeholder atm as i dont know how to do icon modding atm and it started as a Germanic reskin faith. will look into the rest as they are bugs for sure.

edit: can you post me screenshots of the broken strings so i can see them to add localization. thank you

Is there a way to attach elf trait to elf culture ? It's kinda distarbing to call nobles, priests and etc from intrigue menu with elf culture but without elven portrait and trait. 
P.S. Thanks for the mod though, it's cool to see development of fantasy lore and races.

2 hours ago, Quazar said:

Is there a way to attach elf trait to elf culture ? It's kinda distarbing to call nobles, priests and etc from intrigue menu with elf culture but without elven portrait and trait. 
P.S. Thanks for the mod though, it's cool to see development of fantasy lore and races.

Generally speaking, in the Dark World series, the culture just means that someone has adopted the various aspects of the way that a given group acts, it isn't the genetics. The trait represents the genetic component, so that you could have a human who adopted elven ways (but is still human), and you can have an elf that adopted, say, French ways, but is still an Elf.

The more exact explanation is that it's kind of difficult to alter those decisions without overriding core game files, which is usually best avoided.

4 hours ago, Quazar said:

1 hour ago, Aliris said:

Generally speaking, in the Dark World series, the culture just means that someone has adopted the various aspects of the way that a given group acts, it isn't the genetics. The trait represents the genetic component, so that you could have a human who adopted elven ways (but is still human), and you can have an elf that adopted, say, French ways, but is still an Elf.

The more exact explanation is that it's kind of difficult to alter those decisions without overriding core game files, which is usually best avoided.

A bit more in-depth explanation:
https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/psychology/psychology/psychology-diversity-issues/culture-and-race

tl;dr: Culture is what you were raised as, race is what you were born as.

hmm sad part is i thought they did have one ill see if i can get that working. sorry misread what was said, no i will not alter vanilla events as it causes lots of issues. i do have plans to add in a few more summons so it might not be an issue for you later.

Hello i have a bug to report, when this is mod is activated along with your dark world fantasy, the coat of arms of the current nations in every era are wrong, example, The HRE has the coat of arm of Westphalia and England the coat of arms of Aragon. 

Am i doing something wrong?

BTW, playing only with your DWF mod does not bring this problem. 

On 12/10/2018 at 1:24 AM, AIRO333 said:

Hello i have a bug to report, when this is mod is activated along with your dark world fantasy, the coat of arms of the current nations in every era are wrong, example, The HRE has the coat of arm of Westphalia and England the coat of arms of Aragon. 

Am i doing something wrong?

BTW, playing only with your DWF mod does not bring this problem. 

@stalindlrp If it can be of help, the same problem was solved months ago adding a file in /gfx/flags

btw, thanks for your work

On 12/8/2018 at 10:45 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

A bit more in-depth explanation:
https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-guides/psychology/psychology/psychology-diversity-issues/culture-and-race

tl;dr: Culture is what you were raised as, race is what you were born as.

Thanks for explanation, now I understand better the mechanic of the game, so If it can't be altered what about adding new decisions and just hide vanilla ones ?

On 12/9/2018 at 4:39 AM, stalindlrp said:

hmm sad part is i thought they did have one ill see if i can get that working. sorry misread what was said, no i will not alter vanilla events as it causes lots of issues. i do have plans to add in a few more summons so it might not be an issue for you later.

That would be super cool and pleasing to see from a roleplay perspective. Will w8

Hi stalindlrp , I meet the same bug of CoA, and here are some of the screenshots with only DWF and Elven Expansion on,

20181214094706_1.jpg.7c74085b92f2968ed1099ef0f895f411.jpg20181214094746_1.jpg.1e892564011c72251c999be6ccfdba43.jpg20181214094753_1.jpg.173bd89e3b9db98e5d5cbcc730af717d.jpg20181214094817_1.jpg.1a7af15a72bd675d3f9d005441c3f6c5.jpg20181214094819_1.jpg.7cf9d9dffbfb35211a9f13571fd62b46.jpg

As you can see, it seems only Christian lords trig it actually except tribes and muslims all have been messed up, I hope it can be of help,

Thanks for your mod and look forward to the new release?

21 minutes ago, funnyxmas said:

Hi stalindlrp , I meet the same bug of CoA, and here are some of the screenshots with only DWF and Elven Expansion on,

As you can see, it seems only Christian lords trig it actually except tribes and muslims all have been messed up, I hope it can be of help,

Thanks for your mod and look forward to the new release?

Go into your /ElvenExpansion/gfx/flags/ folder and delete the d_pagen_elven_reformed.dds file. Then replace it with this: d_pagen_elven_reformed.tga

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...