11 minutes ago, red3dred said:

It has been highly suggested and i'd say it IS planned, but will take a while before implementation, if we get there.

I'm working to make the API more flexible now. Non-humanoids have to be handled differently because they may not have the same parts or part offsets.

1 hour ago, legionking said:

i need some help... https://gyazo.com/d3d3498df05eb012e13834846e4bf0ef i couldnt find a sexbound discord to ask for help in.. i keep getting a huge error file. i added all the race mods and the main mod but it wont start the game

image.png.367831f2f0df3dcd35085f51f04b9826.png

Are you sure you installed Sexbound correctly...? Also, please provide a log when providing a error, it helps us locate the issue greatly.

2 hours ago, LewdTama49 said:

So not sure if I’m doing something wrong or just being foolish but I have the mod installed plus some custom race mods, yet I have zero clue how to “start” any of this. Is there an object I need to build or fly far enough out to get the mod to work?

From the faq section at the bottom of the first post:

3. How do I have sex with an NPC?

There are currently three ways that you can have sex with an NPC:

A- Download and install a compatible mod named Aphrodite's Bow. Please read this mods instructions on its own page. (Fastest Method).

B- Download and install another compatible mod named Sexbound Loungeable Patcher which will patch many vanilla furniture items to be sex-enabled. The NPCs will spontaneously decide to use the patched furniture object.

C- Spawn and place a Sexbound furniture object within an NPC village. The NPCs will choose to lounge in the placed furniture item spontaneously. Interact with the furniture item to lounge with the NPC.

46 minutes ago, AttritionofContrition said:

From the faq section at the bottom of the first post:

3. How do I have sex with an NPC?

There are currently three ways that you can have sex with an NPC:

A- Download and install a compatible mod named Aphrodite's Bow. Please read this mods instructions on its own page. (Fastest Method).

B- Download and install another compatible mod named Sexbound Loungeable Patcher which will patch many vanilla furniture items to be sex-enabled. The NPCs will spontaneously decide to use the patched furniture object.

C- Spawn and place a Sexbound furniture object within an NPC village. The NPCs will choose to lounge in the placed furniture item spontaneously. Interact with the furniture item to lounge with the NPC.

I’ve been trying Option C but don’t know where to find these special furniture items. I know in one of the thousands of crafting tables but is there a special one or is it with all the other furniture items somewhere?

6 hours ago, LewdTama49 said:

I’ve been trying Option C but don’t know where to find these special furniture items. I know in one of the thousands of crafting tables but is there a special one or is it with all the other furniture items somewhere?

Said furniture is not obtainable by normal means.

You'd need to use admin commands

/admin
/spawnitem sexbound_woodenbed
/spawnitem sexbound_prisonmattress
/admin

This example will spawn two beds out of the available pool: The sexbound wooden bed (3 positions) and less visually pleasing sexbound prison mattress (6 positions).

Also, NPC's won't use beds on their own anymore without something like Statue of Dibella, Naturally Horny, or Lewdbound's books.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:25 AM, red3dred said:

image.png.81029115a58d31c3af7207b555d9e96a.png
You probably right-clicked the unpacked version and chose "extract here", spilling all the mod files onto the mods folder. It must be within its own folder (Or delete it all and right-click into "Extract into Sexbound-API-versionnumber").

As for the pregnancy error, we can't quite pinpoint the cause yet, we recommend users to try redownloading Sexbound and picking-off old species supports. Another user had the same issue, and after removing all his mods, the error persisted, only a fresh mod-pack from another user solved it, that is the most info i have on it.

Thankyou, the download page mentions this NOWHERE 

Ok someone fix the download page / file because it is DEAD WRONG. "extract contents to mods folder" Is a very different thing from "extract contents into a new folder inside the mods folder, and rename the new folder _____". Or re-upload the zip with a root folder so the instructions make sense. I wasted 2 hours on this because the instructions provided are dead wrong

35 minutes ago, Mr Been 2234 said:

Thankyou, the download page mentions this NOWHERE 

Ok someone fix the download page / file because it is DEAD WRONG. "extract contents to mods folder" Is a very different thing from "extract contents into a new folder inside the mods folder, and rename the new folder _____". Or re-upload the zip with a root folder so the instructions make sense. I wasted 2 hours on this because the instructions provided are dead wrong

Well... you don't have to rename it to a specific folder, but that is a common problem among zipped unpacked mods. Without a root folder, all files spill onto the mods folder loosely and most of the time that causes issues. I usually double check to make sure i'm unzipping them properly, but every now and then one slips in, or i end up giving it another root folder. Double root folders also break the mod.

That is the problem. I downloaded every mod in its supported mod list, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM had a root folder. How can mods dependent on the framework consistently have a root folder or be a .pak, and yet the framework itself doesn't? Why not add a root folder, since it is REQUIRED? Why not update the instructions? It baffles me.

5 hours ago, Mr Been 2234 said:

That is the problem. I downloaded every mod in its supported mod list, and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM had a root folder. How can mods dependent on the framework consistently have a root folder or be a .pak, and yet the framework itself doesn't? Why not add a root folder, since it is REQUIRED? Why not update the instructions? It baffles me.

A bit of rough wording, but be a bit understanding here: Both cases would cause errors, it always comes down to the user to check to make sure. There's no way to please both sides. Someone else is going to go and press "Extract to SexboundAPI_version" and then ask why they're getting errors. TL,DR; It comes down to user discretion either way.

14 hours ago, red3dred said:

A bit of rough wording, but be a bit understanding here: Both cases would cause errors, it always comes down to the user to check to make sure. There's no way to please both sides. Someone else is going to go and press "Extract to SexboundAPI_version" and then ask why they're getting errors. TL,DR; It comes down to user discretion either way.

He's absolutely correct though. If the .unpak version came with a SexboundAPI_version root folder included, it'd make the current instructions at least mostly valid (since people are always bound to interpret things incorrectly). The instructions do say to do the exact thing that he tried to do, which is incorrect since you're supposed to manually create another folder in the mod directory to extract the files into, not just extract all the files into the mod folder.

1. Extract the contents from .zip file.
2. Move all of the extracted contents into your Starbound mods directory. (Overwrite the previous version.)
3. Finished!

If a root folder was included in the .unpak, then it would technically make the instructions accurate for both the .pak as well as the .unpak, since "Move all of the extracted contents into your Starbound mods directory" would simply mean to move the .pak for the .pak, and a folder for the .unpak. Step 2 may want to say something like "Move the extracted folder/.pak file into your Starbound mods directory" to clarify though.

To solve the potential issue you just mentioned, the "Overwrite the previous version" in step 2 should be something like "Delete and Replace previous versions with the newest version". You're never going to solve everyone's problem's, as some people just don't read instructions or will read them incorrectly. You can certainly try to minimize problems however, by providing clear and accurate instructions, and making things as simple for people as possible.

1 hour ago, Ranot said:

He's absolutely correct though. If the .unpak version came with a SexboundAPI_version root folder included, it'd make the current instructions at least mostly valid (since people are always bound to interpret things incorrectly). The instructions do say to do the exact thing that he tried to do, which is incorrect since you're supposed to manually create another folder in the mod directory to extract the files into, not just extract all the files into the mod folder.

1. Extract the contents from .zip file.
2. Move all of the extracted contents into your Starbound mods directory. (Overwrite the previous version.)
3. Finished!

If a root folder was included in the .unpak, then it would technically make the instructions accurate for both the .pak as well as the .unpak, since "Move all of the extracted contents into your Starbound mods directory" would simply mean to move the .pak for the .pak, and a folder for the .unpak. Step 2 may want to say something like "Move the extracted folder/.pak file into your Starbound mods directory" to clarify though.

To solve the potential issue you just mentioned, the "Overwrite the previous version" in step 2 should be something like "Delete and Replace previous versions with the newest version". You're never going to solve everyone's problem's, as some people just don't read instructions or will read them incorrectly. You can certainly try to minimize problems however, by providing clear and accurate instructions, and making things as simple for people as possible.

Hmm, that's fair. I'll poke Loc to update the unpak's files to include the base folder instead. Oddly enough, checking the repository of version i have, it seems it never had a root folder. Wonder why that choice of words came up...

Also, yes, "Overwrite previous version" is poorly described.

To be fair though, the installation instructions only refer to the Pak version, as its the one meant for the average end-user. Only reason to use the Unpak was initially, if you were a modder. But since there's a lot of options and switches within the mod, it'd be best to either get a app to go along with the UNPAK and allow users to more easily pick their settings, or just give a root folder so the not-so-average end user can extract it more easily.

39 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Hmm, that's fair. I'll poke Loc to update the unpak's files to include the base folder instead. Oddly enough, checking the repository of version i have, it seems it never had a root folder. Wonder why that choice of words came up...

Also, yes, "Overwrite previous version" is poorly described.

To be fair though, the installation instructions only refer to the Pak version, as its the one meant for the average end-user. Only reason to use the Unpak was initially, if you were a modder. But since there's a lot of options and switches within the mod, it'd be best to either get a app to go along with the UNPAK and allow users to more easily pick their settings, or just give a root folder so the not-so-average end user can extract it more easily.

Thanks for the understanding! You and Loc have done some outstanding work, and it's been fun to see this project gradually evolve.

I kind of figured that the instructions applied to the Pak version, but it isn't exactly clear. It does state the differences between the Pak and Unpak at the top, but if someone was wanting to "customize their experience" that wasn't a modder, they may get the Unpak version and run into the same problem as Mr Been 2234. Since it sounds like a base folder may be added to the Unpak now though...I guess none of that really matters anymore, haha.

An app is certainly an interesting idea, and would definitely make it simpler for people to use. Especially since Loc stated that he's trying to make the API more flexible, things are bound to get more complex and become increasingly difficult for non-modders to use.

While I'm at it, I'm curious about something that I believe has been a problem since atleast the 2.6.0 version, and it's possible it never actually was implemented. While trying to create custom dialogue for different species, you're unable to make custom dialogue that's dependent on Actor 2's species. I think it may not work for Actor 2's status either, but I haven't tested that one too thoroughly.

If you use the "Sexbound Dialog Tools", and attempt to convert a Dialog into a Config file that has the "Other Species" to anything other than "default", it'll crash during the conversion. I doubt it's anything urgent, since few people probably care about having different dialogue between different species, but I was at least wondering if this was a current known missing/broken function.

45 minutes ago, Random_Troll said:

I didn't actually think this would still be going on - I'm so happy that it is!

Glad to hear people appreciate this!

1 hour ago, Random_Troll said:

So how many animations are there? Is it only going to be 1on1? Or are threesomes/moresomes able to be done?
And what about some fun times with monsters (pets)?

Is this even the right place to ask that? idk

Feature run-down is currently 6 animations and some other special functions, but all of those ideas are being worked on.

29 minutes ago, Ranot said:

Thanks for the understanding! You and Loc have done some outstanding work, and it's been fun to see this project gradually evolve.

>You and Loc?
Loc has been doing the extremely hard work, i'm mostly just working off on my random ideas and possible new features as side-mods. Only thing i can really say i contribute is that i'm the modder that asks him "How come i can't do X" or "Feature Y doesn't seem to function properly" and he goes off to fix it under 5 minutes. Really, i don't know if the man's a human or a AI.

31 minutes ago, Ranot said:

I kind of figured that the instructions applied to the Pak version, but it isn't exactly clear. It does state the differences between the Pak and Unpak at the top, but if someone was wanting to "customize their experience" that wasn't a modder, they may get the Unpak version and run into the same problem as Mr Been 2234. Since it sounds like a base folder may be added to the Unpak now though...I guess none of that really matters anymore, haha.

An app is certainly an interesting idea, and would definitely make it simpler for people to use. Especially since Loc stated that he's trying to make the API more flexible, things are bound to get more complex and become increasingly difficult for non-modders to use.

It was something that changed very early in SxB development, but it didn't get updated on this side.
The APP was something i think Loc started work on but didn't get too far into it.

33 minutes ago, Ranot said:

While I'm at it, I'm curious about something that I believe has been a problem since atleast the 2.6.0 version, and it's possible it never actually was implemented. While trying to create custom dialogue for different species, you're unable to make custom dialogue that's dependent on Actor 2's species. I think it may not work for Actor 2's status either, but I haven't tested that one too thoroughly.

If you use the "Sexbound Dialog Tools", and attempt to convert a Dialog into a Config file that has the "Other Species" to anything other than "default", it'll crash during the conversion. I doubt it's anything urgent, since few people probably care about having different dialogue between different species, but I was at least wondering if this was a current known missing/broken function.

That's something that i believe has been fixed in the future version, from my testing at least.

For instance, i tested with Avalis, and they were indeed detecting the other actor's species (The human-specific lines finally started showing up!) so that's on the future. For now, however, there was already a work-around for this, but it won't be necessary.

I didn't know that! I never used the conversion tools because the whole process seemed overly complicated for something that i can do to simply edit by opening up the .config files for each in Notepad++... Will note that down.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

>You and Loc?

Loc has been doing the extremely hard work, i'm mostly just working off on my random ideas and possible new features as side-mods. Only thing i can really say i contribute is that i'm the modder that asks him "How come i can't do X" or "Feature Y doesn't seem to function properly" and he goes off to fix it under 5 minutes. Really, i don't know if the man's a human or a AI.

I guess it's because I see you offering tech support fairly often, and you seem to know Sexbound's functionality better than most. That may not be saying much, since I don't think anyone other than Loc really has a firm understanding of it, lol. Either way, contribution has more forms than simply making mods, and providing assistance to those that need help I'd say is a rather good one.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

For instance, i tested with Avalis, and they were indeed detecting the other actor's species (The human-specific lines finally started showing up!) so that's on the future. For now, however, there was already a work-around for this, but it won't be necessary.

I didn't know that! I never used the conversion tools because the whole process seemed overly complicated for something that i can do to simply edit by opening up the .config files for each in Notepad++... Will note that down.

That's awesome to hear! I'll be looking forward to the future version then, whenever it's finished. Definitely if monsters/critters animations also become possible, which I believe is something that's being worked on. I'm curious how it'll handle head placement, since that seems to be one of the bigger issues...from what I've experienced at least.

I mainly edit the .config's as well, since it's simple and faster if you know how to edit it. The one nice thing about the converter is that it helps with formatting, making it easier to avoid misplaced comma's or quotes. Having a spreadsheet to work with also just looks nice, so...there's that!

22 hours ago, red3dred said:

The current UNPAK download was changed to have a single root folder, and the future UNPAK versions will be the same.

is it possible to add support for "Make The Universe a Cuter Place" mod? like the different faces. I'm not sure if the character sprite changes if one becomes pregnant, if its supposed to change I don't see it with MTUACP mod installed, so add support for that if possible.

[ https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761242493&searchtext=make+the+universe+a+cuter+place ] putting this here just in case.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:51 AM, red3dred said:

Currently, a series of races is already support for 2.6+, and i think you might be using one of the handful that aren't yet updated. Do say which though.

sorry took long to reply but im only using sergals and avail's  have completely reinstalled the original sergal mod,the latest sexbound, the bow,and the new support update to the sergal's. The avails are not using sexbound by choice to keep the mod stable to one race to avoid game breaks and easy to fix

31 minutes ago, DivineDragon said:

sorry took long to reply but im only using sergals and avail's  have completely reinstalled the original sergal mod,the latest sexbound, the bow,and the new support update to the sergal's. The avails are not using sexbound by choice to keep the mod stable to one race to avoid game breaks and easy to fix

ok, the pak works fine except for I don't know how to get the pregnancy to show outside of the animation going to wait for the old one to timeout and reset to see if that's the case. Seems the body thing only happens with the unpack.