14 minutes ago, Demon said:

I've recently reinstalled Sexbound API with several species support mods and some sex toy mods like fuchia and frisky felines, yet for some reason they aren't showing up when i place down the items for them..

i've included the log.

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant.config
Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 9:30
[22:31:58.295] [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/pluginmg..."]:75: (AssetException) Error loading asset /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant.config

Seems your pregnant.config files are damaged, either by user error or a corrupted download. Try reinstalling the, or re-downloading if necessary.

That's the only issue i see there, no outdated major mods, no issues. Only duplicate Everis and Kemono supports.

9 minutes ago, Demon said:

well, i've tried to redownload it, even used a older version of the Sexbound API, Fuchia and the frisky feline aren't showing up.

I have no clue at all what could be causing it all..

20190722004803_1.jpg

I've heard of such issues before but i haven't the foggiest as to what is causing it here... could be one of the race supports doing a improper patch to add something to the config file, but i have no way of pinpointing the culprit... Last thing, the latest log mentions a few older supports, deprecated, and a duplicate Sergal entry.

2 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

Did FU update again to break Sexbound? Everything was fine yesterday, then FU updated and now all animations are invisible again.

I just looked at the commits to their master repo. I don't think FU did anything, but I see their users suggesting to sabotage Sexbound all the time. Personally, I think some of their users need to be reminded that Sexbound lives on an adult-only website, so they can stop being outraged about the existence of Sexbound. I've looked in Starbound's Terms of Service, and they state that user's must be at least 18 years old or have parental permission to participate in using any modded content. The official terms of service already has Sexbound covered so long as were not putting the mod up for download on Steam or Chucklefish's main website. Note: Those extreme gore mods are A-OK, but not the mod that lets your character bump pixels together. (Extreme violence is accepted, but procreation is not).

I watch FU's commit log religiously these days. We don't touch their artwork at all because they don't give us permission to do so. I hope they can find a way to exist independently without causing trouble because we're not messing with them. It's the vocal minority in their user base that continues to scream like banshees even though Sexbound exists in its proper place. I don't really see Sayter causing an issue so long as we don't mess with his shit. He just throws his overly vocal users a bone every once in a while to quell them down when they bring it up.

1 hour ago, NikitaRGX said:

Did FU update again to break Sexbound? Everything was fine yesterday, then FU updated and now all animations are invisible again.

Booted my save with FU, works fine on my end. If these kinds of things happen, please post your logs, there's no way of knowning what is the culprit if we have no info other than "it doesn't work".

As for the errors @Demon and you seem to be having, i'd recommend downloading the UNPAK version and trying again, because then, if any issue related to some file or another being "corrupted" rises, you can just open them and edit them to ensure everything looks fine. The PAK version is really just the set of default settings and for easier installs/downloads, but the UNPAK version has more benefits like access to all the files, configuration files, and documentations, albeit few.

49 minutes ago, NikitaRGX said:

I believe I figured out my problem: I attempted to edit the climax.lua to enable monster auto-climax and it broke everything. Does editing LUA files require a proper editor for it to work, because I attempted to do so in notepad.

Nope, it doesn't. Its just that LUA files are not particularly well treated by Starbound. Any missing or extra special character will instantly make it all crash.

44 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Nope, it doesn't. Its just that LUA files are not particularly well treated by Starbound. Any missing or extra special character will instantly make it all crash.

Would you happen to have a copypaste-able piece of code to enable autoclimax for monsters? Just so I dont screw it up by doing it wrong myself.

1 hour ago, NikitaRGX said:

Would you happen to have a copypaste-able piece of code to enable autoclimax for monsters? Just so I dont screw it up by doing it wrong myself.

Oh, you mean ...

Spoiler

--- Attempts to cause this actor to begin climaxing.
function Sexbound.Actor.Climax:tryAutoClimax()
  if self:getParent()._isMegaClimaxing then return end

if self:getConfig().enableNPCAutoClimax and (self:getParent():getEntityType() == "npc" or self:getParent():getEntityType() == "monster") then
    if self._config.currentPoints >= self:getThreshold() then
      self:beginClimax()

self:refreshClimaxThreshold()
    end
  end
end

Yeah, its just that. That's the whole function. Or you can just copy the whole if line, the long one.

16 hours ago, Locuturus said:

I just looked at the commits to their master repo. I don't think FU did anything, but I see their users suggesting to sabotage Sexbound all the time. Personally, I think some of their users need to be reminded that Sexbound lives on an adult-only website, so they can stop being outraged about the existence of Sexbound. I've looked in Starbound's Terms of Service, and they state that user's must be at least 18 years old or have parental permission to participate in using any modded content. The official terms of service already has Sexbound covered so long as were not putting the mod up for download on Steam or Chucklefish's main website. Note: Those extreme gore mods are A-OK, but not the mod that lets your character bump pixels together. (Extreme violence is accepted, but procreation is not).

I watch FU's commit log religiously these days. We don't touch their artwork at all because they don't give us permission to do so. I hope they can find a way to exist independently without causing trouble because we're not messing with them. It's the vocal minority in their user base that continues to scream like banshees even though Sexbound exists in its proper place. I don't really see Sayter causing an issue so long as we don't mess with his shit. He just throws his overly vocal users a bone every once in a while to quell them down when they bring it up.

Man. I'm not surprised but at the same time I don't understand what reason there would be to demand a mod author to try and screw over another mod just because "omg sex is icky gross." Like you said, its not like this thing is showcased on the front page of the steam workshop; the only ways to know this mod exists are through that one time PC Gamer included Sexbound on its article on sex mods, to have someone tell you about it, and to have visited Loverslab beforehand, likely looking for SexLab or some other such stuff and sticking around. Just let people enjoy things they want to enjoy, you don't have to scream to the heavens whenever something you dislike exists. I'm just glad Sayter is chill with it unlike his subscriber base cus I wouldn't really want to have to choose between the two.

Side note: While it does make sense that sex is a bit more taboo, that whole Extreme gore > Smex thing is definitely a tad bit dumb. Even outside of starbound.

So I stared working on my clothing mod thanks to the helpful info from red3dred. However, I came across a problem when trying to make clothing for males.

It looks like genitals render behind clothes during animations, which prevents this from working with males properly. Is this just a limitation of sexbound, or is there a way to re-layer this?

layer.png

2 hours ago, nuggetfam said:

So I stared working on my clothing mod thanks to the helpful info from red3dred. However, I came across a problem when trying to make clothing for males.

It looks like genitals render behind clothes during animations, which prevents this from working with males properly. Is this just a limitation of sexbound, or is there a way to re-layer this?

layer.png

That seems like a issue with Sexbound itself-- layering of the parts is very tight and doesn't allow for things to overlap easily. Should probably make a note to change that in the future. For now, best idea is to draw it as being pulled to the side, and most pants being pulled down. Pants will always render over the body and genitals, for now.

53 minutes ago, ballinbuff69 said:

So i am using sexbound defeat and I was wondering, if I don't want to have sex with the NPC literally every time I encounter one, is there a way to kill the NPC instead for that single battle?

You can just damage the node on their feet. Keep attacking them after they get into the defeat mode and you'll "break them out of it". Just beware the thing has 200 HP and may take a while with T1-2 gear.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, 2AR2 said:

So random thought that occurred to me: How difficult would it be to adjust pregnancy chance according to how many meter points are burned for a climax? As it seems a higher meter results in longer climaxes as it takes longer to empty out the gauge, logically it should mean that more material is being put out. And logically more baby batter means better chances. I imagine you could have a base chance, and it goes up by X for every Y point burned past the minimum.

Also, wanted to share that cybersex is rather humorous looking.

20190721090532_1.jpg

lol What mod is that? Is that the cyberspace mod? Or is that an official part of 1.4?

EDIT: Also... what would I have to do to manually make beds SxB Loungable? As in... be able to place the lounge item onto them? I know some form of coding, but I can't seem to figure out where I'd find the file I need to edit within the API folder.

1 hour ago, lxfc545 said:

Also... what would I have to do to manually make beds SxB Loungable? As in... be able to place the lounge item onto them? I know some form of coding, but I can't seem to figure out where I'd find the file I need to edit within the API folder.

If you look in

Sexbound-API-[version]/objects

, you can see some examples of the patches you would need to make. It should be pretty easy to edit them to work with another furniture item with minor adjustments.

41 minutes ago, nuggetfam said:

If you look in

Sexbound-API-[version]/objects

, you can see some examples of the patches you would need to make. It should be pretty easy to edit them to work with another furniture item with minor adjustments.

Oh sweet. Thanks! I'll have a look in there and see what I can do.

18 hours ago, lxfc545 said:

lol What mod is that? Is that the cyberspace mod? Or is that an official part of 1.4?

EDIT: Also... what would I have to do to manually make beds SxB Loungable? As in... be able to place the lounge item onto them? I know some form of coding, but I can't seem to figure out where I'd find the file I need to edit within the API folder.

It's an official part of 1.4. Some bounties will see you journey into a cyberspace environment to find your prey. *Everything* has this kind of filter applied to it. It's actually rather cool.

6 hours ago, 2AR2 said:

It's an official part of 1.4. Some bounties will see you journey into a cyberspace environment to find your prey. *Everything* has this kind of filter applied to it. It's actually rather cool.

Oh, thanks for the heads-up. Haven't had a chance to try the peacekeeper stuff yet. That'll be something to look forward to then.

2 hours ago, sukamemek said:

is there any way to add custom thrust sound in the config file? if so, which config should i edit?

I don't know the validity of posting this, but there is another way to do this as well. Personally, I have SIX different thrust sounds... one for each different style. To do this, I went into

Sexbound-API-[version]/artwork/humanoid

and made some edits to the twoactors.animation and twoactors-centered.animation files. Those edits simply took me going into Notepad++ and editing the soundfx names from splat.ogg to pretty much whatever I wanted to make the sounds sound like. Naturally this requires you uh... HAVE sounds to replace each entry with. Took me a bit, but I was able to piece some here and there, so now my missionary is smooth and gentle sounding, and doggy? Butt-slappin' good time. So yeah... there's that. Hope it helps.

3 hours ago, lxfc545 said:

I don't know the validity of posting this, but there is another way to do this as well. Personally, I have SIX different thrust sounds... one for each different style. To do this, I went into

Sexbound-API-[version]/artwork/humanoid

and made some edits to the twoactors.animation and twoactors-centered.animation files. Those edits simply took me going into Notepad++ and editing the soundfx names from splat.ogg to pretty much whatever I wanted to make the sounds sound like. Naturally this requires you uh... HAVE sounds to replace each entry with. Took me a bit, but I was able to piece some here and there, so now my missionary is smooth and gentle sounding, and doggy? Butt-slappin' good time. So yeah... there's that. Hope it helps.

Consider posting your edits and files in a zip archive please?