9 minutes ago, TheCaptn said:

Since it's the GOG version I'm limited to Nexus, but that suits me fine.

More like "limited to everything but Steam Workshop.

But regardless, mods go in <wherever SB is installed>\mods\. The folder should already be there. If the mod is a PAK file, drop that file directly in \mods\. If it's not, it goes in its own subfolder.

[EDIT]

Fixed the overpopulation issue. All it took was a homicidal admin-powered murder-spree. For anyone else with this issue, you can use the following console command:

/entityeval status.setResource("health",0)
Would still like to know if I can have my character/NPC walking around as sexy as they can though

{/EDIT]

BREEDING THE UNIVERSE!

err. I mean, hi, I'm Zed and I have a problem.

I'm all for taking your work home with you, but whenever I 'beam up' to my ship while my character is pregnant, she instantly births on the ship and I get a new (rather useless) NPC walking around. Is there a way to... get rid of them?

I don't know a lot about the game yet so I'm sorry if I missed something. Everything else seems to be working more or less as-expected (a few 'Obstructed!' messages from aphroditie's bow, but I don't think that's all that bad.

Here's my dumb question (only because I can't find the answer with search) is there any way to make my character 'sex' naked? Not just 'remove the clothes' and have her run around in the regular PG nuddy, but total boobs out (and pregnancy showing) for a duration? Also, same question with NPC's. Them pesky clothes are clearly spoiling the fun haha!

(thank you for your patience)

5 hours ago, TheCaptn said:

So I just grabbed this game on a whim from the GOG sale, knowing nothing about it other than it seems a little like Terraria and I knew a thread on it already existed here.

But could someone give me a basic modding rundown? Are there any other fundamental mods that I should be setting up before I start playing? Any equivalents to HugsLib for RimWorld or SKSE for Skyrim? Or any other generally accepted must-haves?

Since it's the GOG version I'm limited to Nexus, but that suits me fine.

I don't think Starbound is much into "Libs" and "Cores" for modding, at most, we have Sexbound API, Stardust Lib, and now Ztarbound. Only the first is really necessary imo ?

Only mod i'd recommend is "Get rid of that underwear", but i'm not certain if its available outside of the workshop.

5 hours ago, zededd said:

err. I mean, hi, I'm Zed and I have a problem.

I'm all for taking your work home with you, but whenever I 'beam up' to my ship while my character is pregnant, she instantly births on the ship and I get a new (rather useless) NPC walking around. Is there a way to... get rid of them?

Here's my dumb question (only because I can't find the answer with search) is there any way to make my character 'sex' naked? Not just 'remove the clothes' and have her run around in the regular PG nuddy, but total boobs out (and pregnancy showing) for a duration? Also, same question with NPC's. Them pesky clothes are clearly spoiling the fun haha!

(thank you for your patience)

Couple things to note: The way Space-ships are handled makes it so teleporting to them greatly advances time for pregnancies, and a few other time-related issues for mods, but most notably just pregnancies.

Also, if you have over-population issues, you can always use Lava. Or Poison. Or Sulphuric Acid, if you have "Feck u" installed.

As for visible pregnancies, its a known suggestion, and its not priority over new features, so its planned to be looked into.

6 hours ago, captainmelon22 said:

so the climax bars just  stuck on max and nothing happens at all 

Have you tried clicking them? If you did, and left the bed/act with a copy of you behind then please post your starbound.log file from the storage folder.

1 hour ago, M33P said:

it seems that npc no longer cum on there own, is this a glitch or is this part of the new update

It is an option that was disabled by default. Loc doesn't remember why he disabled it... probably because of NPC overpopulation in villages.

At any rate, if you wish to enable it, within the unpak version, go to "Scripts", and within "Plugins" there should be "climax.config".

On 12/16/2018 at 6:50 AM, red3dred said:

I don't think Starbound is much into "Libs" and "Cores" for modding, at most, we have Sexbound API, Stardust Lib, and now Ztarbound. Only the first is really necessary imo ?

Only mod i'd recommend is "Get rid of that underwear", but i'm not certain if its available outside of the workshop.

Couple things to note: The way Space-ships are handled makes it so teleporting to them greatly advances time for pregnancies, and a few other time-related issues for mods, but most notably just pregnancies.

Also, if you have over-population issues, you can always use Lava. Or Poison. Or Sulphuric Acid, if you have "Feck u" installed.

As for visible pregnancies, its a known suggestion, and its not priority over new features, so its planned to be looked into.

wouldn't it be easier to just make a "nude pregnancy outfit" to wear instead?

2 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

wouldn't it be easier to just make a "nude pregnancy outfit" to wear instead?

Although wearables can inherit the skin color of the species wearing it, its awfully specific and picky, making to so anyone using a mod to add a color, or a different method, like a character customization tool, would be unable to use this "item", not to mention, it would override any chest armor for NPC's and Players. We can't simply add a status effect that draws a body-color specific belly overlay on them, when they're wearing armor, and making it so they automatically get a vanity belly would be more bothersome to users than convenient.

But we'll get there eventually, and figure out the best approach... Meanwhile, feel free to join the Starbound community in LL, and post there, along with sending suggestions to the Sexbound suggestion box!

1 hour ago, XxKERNERxX said:

When i install it, it kicks me out of the game at the chuckle logo.

I'm not quite sure what to tell you, other than the obvious "Share a log so we can help you figure it out" deal, also, you tried sharing a image there... Or something, not sure what happened with your post, all i see are a couple tiny clickable squares. Anyhow, crashing post-chucklefish can be a myriad of things.

I'm having a strange problem where NPCs completely disappear if they're females.

and checking the logs, I get this:

[22:18:36.167] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant.config, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant.config

(I have also attached the log file)

(Edit: I'm using the unpak version, I have modified nothing in there other than moans to false in config)

(Edit2: Problems persist even with the pak version)

starbound.log

On 12/28/2018 at 12:20 PM, FURRYHUSKY1000 said:

I'm having a strange problem where NPCs completely disappear if they're females.

and checking the logs, I get this:

[22:18:36.167] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant.config, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /scripts/sexbound/plugins/pregnant.config

(I have also attached the log file)

(Edit: I'm using the unpak version, I have modified nothing in there other than moans to false in config)

(Edit2: Problems persist even with the pak version)

starbound.log

Yes. I have the same error like you.

Here is my Log file

starbound.log

8 hours ago, Ethereal13 said:

I'm getting the crash after the Chucklefish logo, too. Kind of new to any sort of Starbound modding, but everything is where it's supposed to be as far as I can tell.

starbound.log

image.png.81029115a58d31c3af7207b555d9e96a.png
You probably right-clicked the unpacked version and chose "extract here", spilling all the mod files onto the mods folder. It must be within its own folder (Or delete it all and right-click into "Extract into Sexbound-API-versionnumber").

As for the pregnancy error, we can't quite pinpoint the cause yet, we recommend users to try redownloading Sexbound and picking-off old species supports. Another user had the same issue, and after removing all his mods, the error persisted, only a fresh mod-pack from another user solved it, that is the most info i have on it.

1 hour ago, sonatafox said:

So I replaced 2.6.3 with 2.7 and now my character disappears every time I interact with an object or NPC. Even tried making a new character to make sure it wasnt something with the old ones. Dunno if that's just me or not.

It is a known issue with the agreement dialog-- without accepting it, you're not allowed to make use of the features directly. But it never appears, so you can't accept it. Waiting on Loc for the hotfix for now.

Any old character that has already agreed can make use of 2.7, however.

Edit: Welp, ask and ye' shall receive! 2.7.1 is already here... I swear Loc works too quick for the human eye to detect.