On 7/7/2020 at 6:14 AM, red3dred said:

.. it's in the linked comment there? Crikey, i try to avoid reposting the same things like a machine and people still make me redo it.

Anyway;

you know what. i may be dumb. sorry. i have 5 logs but im assuming i should give you the first one.

starbound.log.1

quick question is sexbound loungeable patcher still availble to download also i cant use beds for sex

15 hours ago, Demandsir said:

you know what. i may be dumb. sorry. i have 5 logs but im assuming i should give you the first one.

starbound.log.1 126.44 kB · 0 downloads

Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound_PM2PB_2.13'
Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound FutaNL for 2.13.pak'

Both of these mods are outdated and are likely breaking each-other in a flaming train-wreck inside the code. Try removing them for now.

8 hours ago, snivyxmudkip said:

quick question is sexbound loungeable patcher still availble to download also i cant use beds for sex

8 hours ago, snivyxmudkip said:

because all that happens is i go under the covers to sleep

I don't think the patcher works anymore, because of how beds work now. Pressing E on them will make them work just the same as normal.

Beds now use the Sexbound Addon (A couple hearts icon) and it is placed on top of supported beds to enable the Sexbound function, then interact with them. Or, alternatively, spawn in the "sexbound_" prefixed version of the same beds.

The "pregnant" status label that appears under an NPC's name after they have been impregnated seems to disappear before they have given birth. I'm not sure why this is occurring. They remain pregnant and eventually give birth. But the label does not stick around under their name for the entire duration of the pregnancy. I can't tell whether this is deliberate or whether I've managed to screw something up on my end. Everything else seems to work fine.

6 minutes ago, ExtraCrazyDave said:

The "pregnant" status label that appears under an NPC's name after they have been impregnated seems to disappear before they have given birth. I'm not sure why this is occurring. They remain pregnant and eventually give birth. But the label does not stick around under their name for the entire duration of the pregnancy. I can't tell whether this is deliberate or whether I've managed to screw something up on my end. Everything else seems to work fine.

For Crewmembers and Tenants this is simply them making a new Status AFAIK, a new text to go under there. If they hop back on a Sexbound bed, it seems the "pregnant" text refreshes (in my version, not 3.18+), so if i may ask, can you confirm if this is the case? You can test this by shooting the NPC in question with a Aphrodite's Bow arousal arrow (Right Click) and having them go into a nearby Sexbound bed.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

For Crewmembers and Tenants this is simply them making a new Status AFAIK, a new text to go under there. If they hop back on a Sexbound bed, it seems the "pregnant" text refreshes (in my version, not 3.18+), so if i may ask, can you confirm if this is the case? You can test this by shooting the NPC in question with a Aphrodite's Bow arousal arrow (Right Click) and having them go into a nearby Sexbound bed.

Interesting feature I did not know the bow had. But that does not fix the pregnancy label for me. Unfortunately, I found that both using the teleport and reloading the game seems to reset pregnancies on my crew members, but not NPCs. There was also this weird glitch when I removed a character from the bed, sometimes they'd immediately get back in and there'd be a clone of them and they'd get going at it. So I uninstalled most of my mods and tried it again. Things still didn't seem to be working. Here are the mods I still had, other than SXB and Aphrodite's bow on in the most recent test:
- Tier Nine Ships (Adds more ship upgrades)
- Crew Size OVERCAPPED (Limit of 99 crew members)

I have the game properly installed now, and it's appearing in game. But when I try to use it, I can interact with the npc and the UI pops up, but when I click the buttons nothing happens, the characters just stand there.

9 minutes ago, ExtraCrazyDave said:

Interesting feature I did not know the bow had. But that does not work for me. Unfortunately, I found that both using the teleport and reloading the game seems to reset pregnancies on my crew members, but not NPCs. There was also this weird glitch when I removed a character from the bed, sometimes they'd immediately get back in and there'd be a clone of them and they'd get going at it. So I uninstalled most of my mods and tried it again. Things still didn't seem to be working. Here are the mods I still had, other than SXB and Aphrodite's bow on in the most recent test:
- Tier Nine Ships (Adds more ship upgrades)
- Crew Size OVERCAPPED (Limit of 99 crew members)

Ah yes, cremembers are a big problem that there's not much we can do. Technically, they are always the same NPC, by the code's logic, but nothing is persistent with them, and here's why;
They technically despawn every time you despawn when set to follow, and are respawned at you when you move elsewhere. This means they lose all data and are remade from data stored within your save, not theirs. Sexbound data doesn't go in there. The easiest way to notice this is to simply get them to follow you, while in your ship, and Save&Quit. They will not be there when you spawn and will respawn shortly after. The only way for crewmembers to keep their pregnancies is to stay inside the ship, and never set them to follow. If even then it fails, something else is either respawning them, or preventing the data from being saved/loaded.

None of the two mods above *should* have any effect on that, but we'll never know for sure unless tested.

13 minutes ago, Angelofgeek said:

I have the game properly installed now, and it's appearing in game. But when I try to use it, I can interact with the npc and the UI pops up, but when I click the buttons nothing happens, the characters just stand there.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:45 AM, red3dred said:

If you want help with getting the mod to work, here's a few things to note:

Make sure your unpacked version is installed correctly. -> (Click the diagonal arrow to be redirected to the post)

Provide a log to show your mods list, errors and other useful details. -> (Click the diagonal arrow to be redirected to the post)

And any extra info you'd like to provide helps too.

6 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Ah yes, cremembers are a big problem that there's not much we can do. Technically, they are always the same NPC, by the code's logic, but nothing is persistent with them, and here's why;
They technically despawn every time you despawn when set to follow, and are respawned at you when you move elsewhere. This means they lose all data and are remade from data stored within your save, not theirs. Sexbound data doesn't go in there. The easiest way to notice this is to simply get them to follow you, while in your ship, and Save&Quit. They will not be there when you spawn and will respawn shortly after. The only way for crewmembers to keep their pregnancies is to stay inside the ship, and never set them to follow. If even then it fails, something else is either respawning them, or preventing the data from being saved/loaded.

None of the two mods above *should* have any effect on that, but we'll never know for sure unless tested.

Oh, that makes sense now. Thank you for the help, I think that was probably the main problem!

As shown here, I have sexbound installed properly as shown by the file location bar displayed up above. I will also include my log here for further information, thank you.

sexbound.png

starbound.log

1 hour ago, Angelofgeek said:

As shown here, I have sexbound installed properly as shown by the file location bar displayed up above. I will also include my log here for further information, thank you.

... yes, the location checks out... but... why'd you install Aphrodite's Bow inside of Sexbound...?

[Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'Lox_AphroditesBow' at '..\mods\sexbound'

You need the mod's files to be inside of ONE folder PER mod, not overwriting mods on top of each-other, unless specifically instructed to do so. Currently no Sexbound mods that i know of require that.

It's not the first case of this either... i wonder what leads people to such installations 🤔

On 7/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, red3dred said:

Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound_PM2PB_2.13'
Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound FutaNL for 2.13.pak'

Both of these mods are outdated and are likely breaking each-other in a flaming train-wreck inside the code. Try removing them for now.

well, its working (i think) but when i take away the defeat mod it brakes. should i worry too much about it or should i be fine?

2 hours ago, Demandsir said:

well, its working (i think) but when i take away the defeat mod it brakes. should i worry too much about it or should i be fine?

... taking away defeat...
... breaks the mod...
567592764_TheShrugNowIGuess.png.fe8def69e7b3e1a197c5d1c6e7b7e6d6.png

(Usually it's the other way around, with Defeat causing problems... So i guess you have no reason to complain, just roll with it?)

On 7/9/2020 at 7:16 PM, red3dred said:

... yes, the location checks out... but... why'd you install Aphrodite's Bow inside of Sexbound...?

[Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'Lox_AphroditesBow' at '..\mods\sexbound'

You need the mod's files to be inside of ONE folder PER mod, not overwriting mods on top of each-other, unless specifically instructed to do so. Currently no Sexbound mods that i know of require that.

It's not the first case of this either... i wonder what leads people to such installations 🤔

This is part of why pushing pak downloads to users is far more preferable.  It's not like they can't be unpak'd anyways.

That said, there's also a major performance benefit for startup in Starbound to having pak'd mods.  Starbound recursively crawls the mods folder looking for mods to load, even though it only should be going on directory deep in order to mount mods.  One example of such was custom packing Frackin Universe (ugh) led to a 1-2m startup time reduction.

42 minutes ago, NextToNothing said:

This is part of why pushing pak downloads to users is far more preferable.  It's not like they can't be unpak'd anyways.

That said, there's also a major performance benefit for startup in Starbound to having pak'd mods.  Starbound recursively crawls the mods folder looking for mods to load, even though it only should be going on directory deep in order to mount mods.  One example of such was custom packing Frackin Universe (ugh) led to a 1-2m startup time reduction.

I'm pretty certain PAK files are available for both, and the main reason for the API to come in a unpacked format is that there are plenty of configs, settings and files users can mess with in there.

(Edit) Actually, nevermind the PAK file for Sexbound, switching to UNPACK only is actually a good idea, since having 2 different downloads, 2 installation methods, and plus people trying to edit the PAK file in notepad (Yes, that happened quite a few times) to change configs leads me to believe having only a single download, a single installation, and a open-for-editing config buffet is better. Already complained to you in the Terato thread, i don't need to repeat the part about trying to cover every end-user error =V
Still, a PAK version IS provided in the downloads.

I just redownloaded the mod after a couple of months of not using it and wanted to change the config files. While there, I noticed that instead of going into the plugins folder to change config now I need to edit one that should be in the root folder. Problem is I can't find any of the config files that I'm supposed to edit. Im either missing something, the file didnt download correctly, or the most recent download doesn't have the necessary config files