Can someone please dumb down the brush setting of bodyslide for me? Solved

HanzoHasashiX

i don't really understand what the "size" "strength" "focus" and "spacing" settings do. i'm trying to use the inflate tool to convert an armor piece to make it fit the body mesh i've made but i can't get it to be precise. so can someone tell me what exactly those 4 settings do? i read the bodyslide wiki but it didn't really go too in depth on brush settings.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:53 PM, HanzoHasashiX said:

i don't really understand what the "size" "strength" "focus" and "spacing" settings do. i'm trying to use the inflate tool to convert an armor piece to make it fit the body mesh i've made but i can't get it to be precise. so can someone tell me what exactly those 4 settings do? i read the bodyslide wiki but it didn't really go too in depth on brush settings.

It's really not that hard to get precise, it just takes a little practice.  I don't know what "focus" & "spacing" is for and as such, don't use them anyway.  "Size" is the red circle you see and it refers to the amount of vertices within that circle that will be affected when one presses the mouse button. "Strength" is how quickly a vertice or group of vertices move, e.g. inflate, deflate, etc.  

The blue dot snaps to the mesh vertices. So, when you need to get a small area tight to the body,  lower the brush size and strength.  Changing to the "mesh view" helps so one can zero-in on specific vertices that need to be moved.  For really close work, it's good to lightly tap the mouse button vs. pressing it, so one doesn't over-do it.  Note that sometimes when one lowers brush settings (size & strength) way down, it seems nothing is happening. In those cases, keep the brush size where it is and slide the strength arrow up a little bit.

If you need more help, just let me know.

Archived