CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR

1 hour ago, Jolie Rouge said:

Okay, think..... Question: 1.5.53 and SKSE 2.0.10 are hard requirements or is it downward compatible?

Love your name- "Pretty Red!" I'm a redhead too!

56 minutes ago, Shizof said:

Hard requirements because it's compiled for that version.

Well that lets me out- I'm still playing 1.5.23 / 2.0.6. It "ain't broke," I couldn't care less about CC, so far there's no mod offering any features I want/need that would require me to update, so I "ain't fixin' it." :classic_biggrin: SMP physics is working great for me with hair, earrings, amulets, body (UUNP Special Breasts, Butt and Belly + Labia) and clothing physics and collisions, and I'm able to maintain a steady 50-60 fps with all that going on.

That said, if CBPC ever supports "cloth physics" (wigs, earrings, armor, clothing) including hard collisions between hair and back/shoulders/arms, and continues to work right out of the box with minimal system load as it (apparently) does with body physics, it may be time for me to update my game. :classic_heart:

thought id post here as well to increase my chances of useful feedback,

simply put, cant get "male" collisions to work. hand to genital, fine. hand to breast, not so much, but thats less important.

have up to date SoS SE, up to date XPMSSE skeleton, run FNIS, and . . . no schlong collision during any animation.

1 hour ago, Elizinator said:

thought id post here as well to increase my chances of useful feedback,

simply put, cant get "male" collisions to work. hand to genital, fine. hand to breast, not so much, but thats less important.

have up to date SoS SE, up to date XPMSSE skeleton, run FNIS, and . . . no schlong collision during any animation.

Does it work with the new version, Elizinator?

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Love your name- "Pretty Red!" I'm a redhead too!

Well that lets me out- I'm still playing 1.5.23 / 2.0.6. It "ain't broke," I couldn't care less about CC, so far there's no mod offering any features I want/need that would require me to update, so I "ain't fixin' it." :classic_biggrin: SMP physics is working great for me with hair, earrings, amulets, body (UUNP Special Breasts, Butt and Belly + Labia) and clothing physics and collisions, and I'm able to maintain a steady 50-60 fps with all that going on.

That said, if CBPC ever supports "cloth physics" (wigs, earrings, armor, clothing) including hard collisions between hair and back/shoulders/arms, and continues to work right out of the box with minimal system load as it (apparently) does with body physics, it may be time for me to update my game. :classic_heart:

Oh I can compile it for your version if you want Vyxenne :) Just say the word.

For the other stuff in the mean time, you can give me links for those wigs,earrings,armor,clothing that you want physics supported in cbpc. So I can thoroughly investigate them, and make myself a road map.

Well then, this is fun. Decided to try this out with my current succubus character (CBBE, Shiva preset). I went through one of every animation type playing through for an hour, and I can say this: it works awesome. Boobs/butt/belly were bouncing, pussy and anus were opening with each thrust for both my character and my follower.  Also, no melding body parts in the scenes! Only problem I had was the breasts and butt were too bouncy on default settings, but I can tone that down myself. All in all, great deal!

28 minutes ago, Shizof said:

Oh I can compile it for your version [game & SKSE64] if you want Vyxenne :) Just say the word.

Firstly, I think I love you. That is beyond anything anyone could reasonably expect.

That said, I won't ask you to do that for two reasons:

1. It doesn't yet support cloth physics+collisions so I wouldn't install it yet even if you did recompile it just for lil' ol' moi. :classic_heart: (Translation: you can have my dangly earrings, blowing wigs and flouncy skirts when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers.... :classic_tongue:) The difficulty of dealing with 9damao-dot-com to acquire updated HDT-SMP files is one of the main reasons I don't habitually update my game every time some Bethesda bean counter thinks it's time to throw us under the bus again to generate another $3.12 from the poor console players who basically have no other place to get mods.
  2. The current situation with BethSoft deliberately (or at least wantonly) breaking all PC-users's games to support crap that is of no value to PC users means that you would soon be inundated with requests to support 12 different versions of SSE+SKSE64. That is not a reasonable thing to ask a mod author to do on a new mod that was never configured to support earlier versions- it's on us to either update or don't, but our personal decision should not create any additional workload on mod authors. I would much rather see you spend time on cloth physics than on supporting previous versions.

I'll gladly put together a short list of links to the SMP earrings and wigs mods- but I have totally forgotten where I got the few SMP clothing/armor mods I have. It may be a day or so before I can assemble the info since not even Google lists where I got some of them...

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart- I'm actually quite blown away by your offer. ?

Experimentation with the first version has turned up some interesting results. The breasts respond to a fairly wide variety of things as long as they are connected to someone's hands in some way such as bardic instruments but the collision might randomly stop working when using the sexy idle animations as replacements for standing spell casting animations.

SOS collisions are hit-and-miss. At times, it will look as if the skin is being tugged back and forth but other times, it will remain static. Maybe the 'sweet spot' for collision was too narrow on version 1?

Just now, FauxFurry said:

Experimentation with the first version has turned up some interesting results. The breasts respond to a fairly wide variety of things as long as they are connected to someone's hands in some way such as bardic instruments but the collision might randomly stop working when using the sexy idle animations as replacements for standing spell casting animations.

SOS collisions are hit-and-miss. At times, it will look as if the skin is being tugged back and forth but other times, it will remain static. Maybe the 'sweet spot' for collision was too narrow on version 1?

Did you see that there is a 1.0.1 now? It fixed schlong collision over 1.0.0

2 hours ago, Gromilla said:

And by the way some of the SMP things in my signature (In a few days there will be an update of wigs, I hope). 

I'll check it out. I'll probably add support to this same xml-file structure so anything that works for hdt-smp works for cbpc to make it easier for you guys.

1 hour ago, Shizof said:

I'll probably add support to this same xml-file structure so anything that works for hdt-smp works for cbpc to make it easier for you guys.

It would just be bombed!  

27 minutes ago, Shizof said:

Here's a sample video I made quickly in VR:

Hmm, knife in the vagina ... severely  :) I did not see the shaking when walking. But in general, funny physics. ?

Looks good but I'm still somewhat confused. I've been hearing a lot of people say that CBP Physics lacks any actual physics. That it just looks like it but is actually animated.

From what I saw based on your video the vag certainly looked animated rather than reactive but I might be wrong. On the other hand the breasts I couldn't quite figure out.

So could somebody explain to me the actual differences between the two mods, would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Also why does this require a preset body and isn't compatible with something like bodyslide?

15 minutes ago, Suomikarhu5 said:

Looks good but I'm still somewhat confused. I've been hearing a lot of people say that CBP Physics lacks any actual physics. That it just looks like it but is actually animated.

From what I saw based on your video the vag certainly looked animated rather than reactive but I might be wrong. On the other hand the breasts I couldn't quite figure out.

So could somebody explain to me the actual differences between the two mods, would greatly appreciate it.

For the vagina collisions, I just implemented simple opening action for the pussy nodes according to collision amount. 

For the other stuff, it uses physics collision calculations added to the original cbp bounce.

14 minutes ago, Suomikarhu5 said:

Edit: Also why does this require a preset body and isn't compatible with something like bodyslide?

CBPCollisionConfig.txt has sphere definitions that are used for collisions. So if you want perfect collisions, you need to make a collision config for your preset. Because breast-butt sizes change. It works just the same for bodies generated in bodyslide, but it's just for those looking for perfection while an approximate one would certainly work too.