[mod] Dark World Extras

22 hours ago, Tishorn said:

Hello. Can you change pregnancy checks in this mod to DWR ones (DWCore.9000, DWCore.9005, DWCore.9010)? They are very good written and take into account fertility, immortality and marriage, unlike Toska's. I don't know why he didn't use these instead.

Probably a good suggestion. I'm working on updating several of the events, so that you have some options (like adding the opportunity to actually fight back rather than just get raped, etc), but I can see about working those in, too, in various appropriate places.

Edit - didn't get a chance to look at this much since the rest took more time than I expected. I'll be using those events for any pregnancy checks in new events though, and will go back over the old Toska events to rework them to use the core DW pregnancy events there at some point.

Uploaded DW Extras 0.5:
------------
-Overhauled more event chains, including:
-The event chain where a female ruler is ambushed by mercenaries while leading troops now allows you the option to fight back, and chooses a specific mercenary (or randomly generates a commander type character if none are available) as your assailant that you would fight. Depending on your combat rating, you can win or lose, as well as suffer results ranging from injury to death (as can your opponent).
-The event chain where a female ruler is ambushed while bathing now allows you to attempt to fight back/flee, although at risk of injury or death.
-The event chain where a female ruler has a tryst after sparring with a lieutenant now allows you to decline the tryst. Additionally, the event picks a specific commander of yours if available as your partner now.
-The event chain where a female ruler is raped in her bedchamber now has a follow-on chain that allows you to try to discover and hunt down the rapist, who is a specific member of your court, and exact revenge on them. If you fail to find them however, they are likely to try again.
-In all the above cases, it is still possible to follow the original event path, either by submitting/accepting the act, or by refusing to do anything about it - you just have additional choices now.

-The spell to cause someone to become sex-crazed is now gated behind the game rule on Non-Consensual content, as victims of that spell will attempt to rape others at random.
------------

I think it's supposed to look something like this. Or at least it deals with the blank pop up.

narrative_event = {	
	id = DWT.2001
	desc = DWT2001desc
	picture = RudeAwakening

is_triggered_only = yes		# triggered from DWT.2000

immediate = {  # we select the rapist secretly
		if = {			#if there's already a secret rapist in the court, we'll have them do it again
			limit={
				any_courtier = { 
					limit = {
					has_character_flag = dwt_secret_rapist
					prisoner = no
					NOR = { 
						is_female = yes 
						trait = incapable
						trait = infirm
						trait = celibate
						trait = eunuch
					}
					}
				save_event_target_as = dwt_secret_rapist
				}
			}
			break = yes

}
		#otherwise we pick a random courtier
		random_courtier = {
			limit = {
			NOR = { 
				is_female = yes 
				trait = incapable
				trait = infirm
				trait = celibate
				trait = eunuch
				}
			prisoner = no
			is_adult = yes
			}
			save_event_target_as = dwt_secret_rapist
			set_character_flag = dwt_secret_rapist
		}

}

option = {
		name = DWT2001option
		hidden_tooltip = { FROM = { narrative_event = { id = DWT.2002 } } }
	}
}

6 hours ago, evilfuzzyman said:

Its kind of funny that the safest female ruler is a futa, since that blocks all the random rape events. Its also kind of sad that futas can't be the ones doing the raping too. With their cocks I mean, not their vagene.

At some point I may write them into the male version of the events, just with alternate pictures. I haven't redone those chains yet, but that will probably be part of it when I do. The challenge, as always, will be finding the right images to use. Sometimes I've found I can't quite get what it perfect, and just have to go with something that only vaguely fits (or isn't consistent with the rest of the chain, such as switching not only characters but hair color, etc).

4 hours ago, evilfuzzyman said:

There's an extra } in there.

edit: I'm still getting a blank pop up from this mod somewhere. I'm running latest Dark World Reborn, Dark World Tweaks 2.6.2, House Irae and Lesbocracy and this.

Fixed that event and uploaded a corrected version. I'll do some more in-depth testing tonight. 

Alright, ran a few more tests just to be safe, and found another error in an earlier event. I uploaded a hotfix for that event file, which you can add/overwrite over 0.5.1 or 0.5. The file validates fully now, so at least it shouldn't break the events to the point of unplayability (I still need to test for proper function as well as aesthetics and such, but that will come later).

On 11/15/2018 at 10:43 PM, Aliris said:

I still have a copy of the old events, though I'm not sure quite what the plan will be to do with those. Part of the consideration is that I've wanted to do something with several of the Fate characters, and the art used for the Claire events is pictures of one of the major characters from that. I might see about it if I can find some new/appropriate artworks to use (and ideally larger sized too).

Hmm, what kind of Saber (or other, if you're planning on reusing Saber for another event chain) art do you need - ie. the usual anime style or more realistic-looking stuff like DWLilith_ClaireAwakens? And at what size, 450x440 which seems to be the size of the largest images in the mod, or something smaller?

DW Extras 0.53 posted, which should fix all the errors with some of the new/redone events. Also added some new/fixed pictures for various events, and made the Dog/Horse events obey the Dark World core rule on Bestiality, so they shouldn't even show up at all if you set that to no.

Oh, and I tweaked the timing on the Court events, so it won't happen as often as before (generally).

Also, I've reminded myself to never upload without thoroughly testing, even if I thought it validated fine, again. ?

1 hour ago, gorjak said:

Hmm, what kind of Saber (or other, if you're planning on reusing Saber for another event chain) art do you need - ie. the usual anime style or more realistic-looking stuff like DWLilith_ClaireAwakens? And at what size, 450x440 which seems to be the size of the largest images in the mod, or something smaller?

Haven't really decided. Finding the correct art for a particular event can be difficult enough as it is. For instance, notice how the hair color changes in a few event chains - ideally I'd have it be the same, or better yet all one character, but that's difficult for an event series that was written first, as opposed to finding pictures and writing related events, etc.

I do definitely want to see something along the lines of Angelic foes/demon hunters in, though I may talk to @lockeslylcrit to see what their plans are along those lines first.

In the meantime, I also have some bloodline stuff that I want to add, and to tweak the male events to correspond with changes to the ones I did here.

Hello, total newcomer here. I was hoping to try out this mod, but I'm having trouble understanding what exactly is needed to get it working. About 10 days into the start, a blank event pops up and there's nothing I can do to get past it. I have Dark World Reborn, bigger events, and this mod. 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Aliris said:

Haven't really decided. Finding the correct art for a particular event can be difficult enough as it is. For instance, notice how the hair color changes in a few event chains - ideally I'd have it be the same, or better yet all one character, but that's difficult for an event series that was written first, as opposed to finding pictures and writing related events, etc.

I do definitely want to see something along the lines of Angelic foes/demon hunters in, though I may talk to @lockeslylcrit to see what their plans are along those lines first.

In the meantime, I also have some bloodline stuff that I want to add, and to tweak the male events to correspond with changes to the ones I did here.

Fair enough, I understand. I think going full-Lilithian makes things too easy currently and was pretty bummed when the original Claire event chain (pretty much the only consequence that came up on demonic playthroughs which could kill you) got cut out entirely a while back, so I look forward to seeing what you do with the angels/demon hunters. If I can help, even if it's in small ways like looking for appropriate artwork or updating/repurposing the old Claire events' coding for 3.0 with my own (admittedly limited) understanding of CK2 event modding, I'd be glad to.

It would be interesting to see a Hunters guild (Similar in nature to the Pagan Warriors) for the Christians/Muslims that would hunt down any of the supernaturals. They could still include all the base missions, but maybe allow for them to also get investigate/hunt missions to go after known supernaturals.

Basically could make investigates similar to the seduction events, where instead of the end result either being a NO or lovers event, it's exposure or not. Exposure could give a modifier (like the apostate one) which one might be able to shake for enough piety?

Hunts could be like the duels, and would only be allowed against those with the Exposed Modifier, so you would have to shake them off sooner or later, or end up dying.

With regards to exposure, you could have each base trait modify the chance of the exposure bad end, with ones like Faires being the least likely exposed up to Orcs and Werewolves being most likely. Maybe something like; Fae, Mage, Kitsune, Neko, Lilith, Vampire, Tentacle, Orc, Werewolve, this mainly being a breakdown of how sneaky and alien each is comparatively. 

This would also make interesting hooks for both Bloodrayne and Vampirella, and you might be able to work in a Holy Order-ish Version for Claire to start up with a specific focus on those of the Lilithi religions and the Liliths in particular.

Just random ideas I have by mashing up my fav mods, DWR and The Orders of Chivalry :)

2 hours ago, SeroRogue said:

It would be interesting to see a Hunters guild (Similar in nature to the Pagan Warriors) for the Christians/Muslims that would hunt down any of the supernaturals. They could still include all the base missions, but maybe allow for them to also get investigate/hunt missions to go after known supernaturals.

Not a bad suggestion - though I've not looked much at society stuff yet.

Maybe something that Holy Orders try and do, too?

In the meantime though, here's a preview of some of what I've been working on - legendary bloodlines:

unknown.png

Some other things I've been working on:

-Overhauled the Alleyne event chain to make use of the adjusted combat rating values. (It should still work fine in the meantime, this will just be a more elegant/appropriate way to do it going forward).

-Adding some artifacts, mostly weapons of legend so far.

Still haven't figured out how I want to bring the bloodlines/artifacts/etc into the game - probably will be something based on location and/or culture/religion, and then be relatively rare. I don't want them to be something that pops up constantly to where you usually manage to collect them all in a single game, or such.

15 hours ago, SeroRogue said:

Basically could make investigates similar to the seduction events, where instead of the end result either being a NO or lovers event, it's exposure or not. Exposure could give a modifier (like the apostate one) which one might be able to shake for enough piety?

Hunts could be like the duels, and would only be allowed against those with the Exposed Modifier, so you would have to shake them off sooner or later, or end up dying.

With regards to exposure, you could have each base trait modify the chance of the exposure bad end, with ones like Faires being the least likely exposed up to Orcs and Werewolves being most likely. Maybe something like; Fae, Mage, Kitsune, Neko, Lilith, Vampire, Tentacle, Orc, Werewolve, this mainly being a breakdown of how sneaky and alien each is comparatively. 

This would also make interesting hooks for both Bloodrayne and Vampirella, and you might be able to work in a Holy Order-ish Version for Claire to start up with a specific focus on those of the Lilithi religions and the Liliths in particular.

Just random ideas I have by mashing up my fav mods, DWR and The Orders of Chivalry :)

12 hours ago, Aliris said:

Not a bad suggestion - though I've not looked much at society stuff yet.

Maybe something that Holy Orders try and do, too?

In the meantime though, here's a preview of some of what I've been working on - legendary bloodlines:

unknown.png

A monster-hunting society, whether tied to a holy order or not, sounds like a great idea. The Orders of Chivalry mod SeroRogue mentioned gives a good example of how to integrate holy orders and martial societies - only the Grandmaster of the order can occupy its top rank, only the Grandmaster's vassals/courtiers and characters with martial education traits or specific traits (in this case, Brave, Zealous, Crusader or some combination of the above are probably warranted) and there are a variety of powers & missions that I think can be easily repurposed for DW:

• The bounty system from that mod's Fighters' Guilds could be tied into exposing/hunting nonhumans.
  • Squires, granting holdings for society currency, requesting training, spawning armies of holy knights (or in this case, monster hunters) to assist you in wars against infidels/monstrous characters, and going on warrior pilgrimages look like they can be ported in with little to no changes.
  • The 'Hire Commander' power normally spawns a strong martial character at your court - perhaps in an anti-monster holy order, it spawns a strong martial angel at your service instead, as a counterpart to the Lilith's Chosen being able to recruit witches and incubi/succubi via their own society power?
  • There's already a 'Monster Hunter' profession trait in the DW mod. Maybe service with a monster-hunting society could impart a leadership variation of that trait, granting morale damage & defense bonuses and increasing chances of capturing the enemy commander?
  • The vanilla Benedictine/Dominican missions, such as building new churches or entering a period of prayerful seclusion, can also be added if you need there to be more society missions.

Those bloodlines look great, by the way. My only recommendation so far would be to throw in a sex appeal/Attractive opinion bonus for Helen's bloodline and an opinion bonus for Ambitious characters (similar to the Arpad bloodline in vanilla) for Gilgamesh's bloodline.

Updated DW Extras to 0.6

-------------

-Added in several bloodlines for historical/legendary/mythological heroes, and several high quality artifacts related to them. None of these will appear in the game yet, but can be accessed via console command.

-By request, readded the 'Procreo' decision to have a dog rape someone, albeit limited now to a prisoner. Requires several traits to use (as only really evil or insane sorts would do something like that). (Specifically, any 4 of cruel, lunatic, possessed, Succubus/Incubus, arbitrary, wroth, impaler, drunkard, hedonist, or dark elf that isn't Eilistraeean. Also must not be kind or just)

-Altered the pregnancy checks for non-consensual events so that it ignores fertility modifiers based on choices, such as lustful, chaste, or celibate, and only accounts for inherent traits or conditions. This takes affect both for player as victim and player as violator.

-Fixed a few bugs including some broken event pictures, an error in the Alleyne fight event logic, and tinkered with a few others.

-------------

Some thoughts on more future stuff:

-Looking at revamping the orcish invasion events, controllable by game rule

-Mini-crusades led by monster hunters or angelic hosts, using the adventurer claims template (i.e. spawns a bunch of event troops and leads them to attack you, to try and depose and/or kill you), probably also set by game rule for frequency and severity or such

-Integration of the bloodlines and artifacts (and adding more of them), where they're rare and unusual

-Additional special characters you can potentially meet, and recruit/fight/etc.

-Additional Way of Life focus based events

11 hours ago, Aliris said:

Some thoughts on more future stuff:

-Looking at revamping the orcish invasion events, controllable by game rule

-Mini-crusades led by monster hunters or angelic hosts, using the adventurer claims template (i.e. spawns a bunch of event troops and leads them to attack you, to try and depose and/or kill you), probably also set by game rule for frequency and severity or such

-Integration of the bloodlines and artifacts (and adding more of them), where they're rare and unusual

-Additional special characters you can potentially meet, and recruit/fight/etc.

-Additional Way of Life focus based events

Sounds fantastic, and fun!