Apropos2 Poll

Apropos Users - Which is most important to you now?  

1,297 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Apropos2 do care about most?

• Skyrim Legendary Edition (LE) aka Oldrim
    • Skyrim Special Edition

Honestly i just don't care about SE at all. In a distant future where great mods are only avaivable for SE this might change, but until then... i don't see the point in switching.

*edit: And to stay honest: lazyness.^^ After three years i've figured out the does and don'ts to keep my game stable, found a lot of clothes and and other stuff i like (and can't remember where i got it) and i'll avoid to start all this from scratch as long as possible. ;) 

I care for SE because I have to. Honestly I miss Apropos and quite a few mods from my LE load order. But if you are not running SE or interested in it do you really want to have to support 2 versions? Also will you want to do incremental updates every time they update Creation Club?

I truly feel for some of the mod authors and those carrying on updates. Each time Bethesda rolls a new update out. Same posts your mod is broke! Why you no update it yet? You broke my Skyrim!

I switched to SSE and haven't looked back.  This is within the last year when racemenu was finally "officially" released for SSE.  I still miss a few mods (CCOR and a couple of other Kryptopyr mods), but frankly the switch allowed me to experiment with other mods and see what was out.  And I have a definitely more stable experience with SSE than I ever did with LE (although playing with SSE has allow me to figure out some issues I had with LE).  So I would prefer the SSE version.

Skyrim LE for the next time.

Its running, supported and has all my beloved mods.

SSE is a good idea, BUUUT:

It is simply unusable for me for as long as Bugthesda keeps up the habit to break the important parts (SKSE) while pushing their crapclub in my face. I'm not interested. No thanks.

As soon as that disgusting behaviour is stopped, I might start to care.

Switched to SSE after disk where skyrim was broke down. Currently still in the process of building and doing tests before a true first run (+255 mods) but looks promising and way more stable.

Tho I am missing racemenu face overlays and noob frendly HDT

3 hours ago, Rock&Rule said:

I care for SE because I have to. Honestly I miss Apropos and quite a few mods from my LE load order. But if you are not running SE or interested in it do you really want to have to support 2 versions? Also will you want to do incremental updates every time they update Creation Club?

I truly feel for some of the mod authors and those carrying on updates. Each time Bethesda rolls a new update out. Same posts your mod is broke! Why you no update it yet? You broke my Skyrim!

2 hours ago, worik said:

Skyrim LE for the next time.

Its running, supported and has all my beloved mods.

SSE is a good idea, BUUUT:

It is simply unusable for me for as long as Bugthesda keeps up the habit to break the important parts (SKSE) while pushing their their crapclub in my face. I'm not interested. No thanks.

As soon as that disgusting behaviour is stopped, I might start to care.

These comments are highly de-incentivizing!

8 hours ago, gooser said:

Please add comments about why a particular version of Apropos2 is important to you (or blocking you from adopting SE).

I'm pretty much a non-techie. 

I use MO1, and have put in a lot of effort to get LE working in a stable fashion, in a way in which I think that, at least, I understand the basics well enough to sort out any problems that do occur eg mod conflicts etc

My mod collection is immense, with all sorts of merges available to different profiles, mainly followers and armours, but also some infrastructure options such as TES Arena

I have a number of profiles set up, with FNIS installed separately on each, so no faffing about with rerunning that on changing from one game to another

The pain of trying to go through all that again for what amounts to very little gain, and a reduced set of supported mod library options, doesn't yet seem at all worthwhile

So, for the moment, I hope that's fairly clear

6 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

I use MO1, and have put in a lot of effort to get LE working in a stable fashion, in a way in which I think that, at least, I understand the basics well enough to sort out any problems that do occur eg mod conflicts etc

My mod collection is immense, with all sorts of merges available to different profiles, mainly followers and armours, but also some infrastructure options such as TES Arena

I have a number of profiles set up, with FNIS installed separately on each, so no faffing about with rerunning that on changing from one game to another

The pain of trying to go through all that again for what amounts to very little gain, and a reduced set of supported mod library options, doesn't yet seem at all worthwhile

Totally.

14 hours ago, donkeywho said:

These are also the reasons why I have stayed with LE. I have used MO1 for quite some time and I (mostly) know how to use it to keep my games stable when having 2-3 different characters. MO2 and Vortex just aren't ready yet.

LE!

If you dont kill it with mods, LE is totaly stable (ENBoost + Crashfixes)

and all (devious) mods I care about are on LE, so only reason for SE would be to play around a bit and see whats new with no real motivation for a longer game.

There is still so much to try with LE =D

maybe in a distant future SE might be of interest as 2nd install of skyrim.

In addition, now that worik pointed out that there are unregular updates that might break mods, my motivation to change is even lower.

I vote for evolving Apropos2 on LE first (more mods, more players)

I'm conflicted.  My current LE game has bogged down so much at level 50 that I'm lucky I can get a sex scene to complete.  Seems to be horrible script lag, affects things like MiniNeeds showers too.  Anyway, so I decided to install MO2 and see what mods I could install in SE for my very first try there.  And of course I'd like Apropos2 for SE, but I understand that it's probably needed more on LE.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:16 PM, gooser said:

These comments are highly de-incentivizing!

It's laughably easy to stop SE from updating. All you have to do is set SE to only update upon game launch in steam and unless you use the game launcher for some reason as long as you use the SKSE exe your game shouldn't update.

I almost exclusively play Special Edition now. It just runs so much better.

It also seems to me like a chicken and egg thing - if modders aren't modding because not enough people play, but not enough people play because of mods, well...

I do wish there were more mods for it, but there's quite a few already, and they work together so much better thanks to more resouces being available.

Guest AthenaESIV

1. Install SE

2. turn off autoupdates in steam, no worries about that

3. get everything setup the way I like, works awesome and love it

4. Bethesda keeps releasing Creation Club updates, which also wreck SKSE and force the SKSE team to update

5. If you update SKSE it breaks some mods, meaning you have to update SE and SKSE if you want SKSE up to date

6. New mods often require latest version of SKSE

7. If you see new mod get released you like you have to break your install by updating SKSE

8. Updating SKSE means you have to go through your load order and get updated versions of all your other SKE mods which will not work with the older version now

9. Some mods are release and forget, so author doesn't patch for new SKSE... So either don't use it, or wait.

So you either lock your load order, or constantly have to update everything to keep it working if you add new stuff, which is a total pain in the ass.

SE may run better (still has CTDs, it isn't bulletproof), but it is a massive migraine to deal with.

LE crashes on me like once every 5-10 hours of play... I have 250 plugins (more including some merges) and it runs silky smooth at 60FPS except in like 3-4 areas of the game with tons of waterfalls where it drops to 40-45 FPS if the camera faces the falls. So any benefit imo is minimal... The downside is much much worse for SE in my experience.

No thanks, unless CC content stops ruining updates and causing a broken SKSE loop... LE works just fine.