I have an odd error. No animations seem to work. I noticed this because I can initiate sex in-game, but I can't get anything to actually happen. I'll proposition Dogmeat or use SEU's masturbation command, and the prompts come up properly... But no animation plays, as if there's nothing more to it than that. No standing in T-poses, no staying in one place doing nothing for the duration, just normal gameplay just after. Now, I followed your guide on how to install all this, double and triple checked load orders according to your guide, and I have everything correctly in.

But I noticed something else. I've been using MO2, and while it seems to work fine with other mods in its usual fashion, putting them in their own folders outside of the Data folder, Bodyslide was also not working correctly, and only worked when I put its files directly into the data folder where you'd normally put mods without MO2. This concerns me, because given that I've followed that darn guide three times now, from scratch each time (even using mod cleaner and a fresh install of FO4), I'm beginning to think the real issue is that the game is not recognizing the animations because they're not directly in the data folder. I know I'm not supposed to do that, but I don't really think I have a choice. Maybe you'll know the right questions to ask, though, to help me figure this out before I do something drastic like try a fourth time.

You mean the white texted strings that pop up when I load into the game? Yes, that happens, and I got the dialogue box on starting a new game that announces AAF is indeed working. I guess that means I have to skedaddle to the AAF thread page, then?

One thing I noticed is that MO2 never asks me if I want to overwrite files or not. How can I be sure it's doing so properly?

1 hour ago, Mecha_Face said:

I saw those, but I wasn't sure if it was "this is going to be overwritten" or "this will overwrite so I won't do anything with it". Thanks for your help! I'll pester the creator of AAF about this issue from here.

Mod Organizer 2 didn't work for me on my first install, I followed tutorials on how to install it on YouTube and got it in the second attempt.

1. I installed my Mod Organizer on another drive, that wasn't my main drive. In case the main drive crashed on my P.C., I would still have my stuff.

2. Don't install inside the game directory, unlike Mod Organizer 1. You install it away from the game, it can be on the same drive, but not inside the game directories.

3. I created folders for my MODS, DOWNLOADS, OVERWRITE and PROFILES. Then linked them in the SETTINGS / PATHS inside Mod Organizer.

The rest are alright, where they are.

4. Add an up to date SKSE, with all the stuff in the folder. Just dragged and dropped them all, same place where the DATA folder is,

but NOT in the DATA FOLDER ITSELF. Just merge the files with what is already there.

5. Add Bodyslide and Outfit Studio, TICK IT when installed, and add it to the MODIFY EXECUTABLES section in Mod Organizer 2. 

Title = Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

Binary = Location of file starter for Bodyslide which is Bodyslide x64.exe

Bodyslide Location... Where you added the Mod Organizer 2 Mods Folder...........  Mods / Bodyslide and Outfit Studio / Tools / Bodyslide / Bodyslide x64

Add F4SE to the modify executables.

Title = F4SE

Binary = F4se_loader.exe

F4SE Location... Steam/Steamapps/Common/Fallout 4/           the file for your F4SE is here.

6. Overwriting... double click on a mod, and select the CONFLICT TAB.

Overwritten mods = Mods that your mod that is selected will overwrite. Patches should overwrite the main mods,

as it adds stuff to them.

Conflicted files = Stuff that is overwriting your mod. If your mod is getting overwritten, then check the mod that doing it.

You can move the mods up and down until it stops doing that.

Also... clicking on the mod, will show other mods in green = okay, and red = mod is being overwritten.

7. Order... Mods on the left have to be rearranged to make it so mods overwrite in the correct order. Higher Priority is at the bottom.

Main Mod                                                                                                         eg... Family Planning v1.1

Patch 1......... overwrites main mod, with new features                                      eg... Family Planning update patch v1.2

Addon......... overwrites patch and main mod, with more new features.           eg... Family Planning Deathclaw babies

8. Plugins... on the right. These have also got to be arranged, so mods that have a higher priority are at the top.

This section is a little more confusing to use, trying to work out what is needed to run first, when it runs through the plugins.

Drop down menu, left of RUN, will have F4SE and Outfit Studio... to start the game.

I recommend checking out some YouTube videos, as they are far more skilled than I am.

The Mods and Plugin list need to be correctly ordered.

Manual vs Fomod installation...

Fomod installers, give more installation options. Install them automatically. Just hit OK

Non Fomod installers need to be installed with the Manual button, if it says NO GAME DATA ON TOP LEVEL, then right click the file that says DATA,

then SET DATA DIRECTORY.

If a mod does not have an .esp file, then just hit ignore missing data. As not all mods have .esp, such as texture changing mods.

My Mod Organizer 2 mod order list, and plugin order list. Along with some links... here

These are just some things I learned, when jumping from Mod Organizer, to Nexus Mod Manager, then to Mod Organizer 2. Due to limitations of Nexus Mod Manager, for finding mods that are clashing with each other.

The OVERWRITE FOLDER, at the bottom of your mod section, inside Mod Organizer 2.

It the only thing I dislike about Mod Organizer 1 and 2, as files from various things you do are just thrown in there.

It's like going into a library, and just throwing the books onto the floor. It quickly becomes a confusing mess...

I would have preferred it, if it had been set up as though each mod was a mini mod in the overwrite section. So I could just drag out all the stuff from each mod, in one go...

18 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

you can install mod organizer 1 anywhere you want just like mod organizer 2, also there is no need to create any folder manually as mod organizer will create them all when you open it 

and you are supposed to move things out of the overwrite folder as soon as it goes there! its not supposed to pile up

4 hours ago, 2Dimm said:

you can install mod organizer 1 anywhere you want just like mod organizer 2, also there is no need to create any folder manually as mod organizer will create them all when you open it 

and you are supposed to move things out of the overwrite folder as soon as it goes there! its not supposed to pile up

Mod Organizer 2 installation location quote from installation page.

28715-1525731307-1747937913.png

Mod Organizer 2 should not be installed inside a system protected folder such as Programs Files (x86). 
Also avoid installing MO2 inside the Game folder as this causes problems with the vfs library.

Overwrite... In theory that works, but you have to load mods in groups sometimes. As some of them are co-dependent. Sex mods are especially bad for this.

Also... that's great, until you start having over a hundred mods installed. Then you will have a lot of folders, and with any mod that requires you to have 2 or more, mods installed at the same time, you have to work out which is which. Then go into the file system, and manually move them.

Unless there is an easier way... I may have been doing it wrong for a long time, but what I have been doing works. Any files I need, I normally, manually remove them from the game and Mod Organizer folders, to make my own mods...

I've had this exact conversation before about the overwrite files, and it ended up with your answer being told to me. So, I must be the only one who dislikes the overwrite system. 

With the installation location, I am just following the mod pages instructions... :smile:

The ferals are a problem… Hard to trigger (in three weeks testing i got them twice) and in both cases the angle of the camera was not optimal. The meshes and textures are in 'Leitos Rigs', but it might be that they use a different body so that the morphs from the patch doesn't affect them.

Regarding the K9 i've seen three or four different types of animations. But i don't know to which pack they belong.

Hi there, 

First of all, thanks for the great guide. 

I'm also having having problems with the K9 animations. So far, everything else seems to work just fine, but the k9 anims aren't playing. 

Any ideas on what I could have done wrong? I followed the guide as closely as possible, but I must admit I did not start with a totally clean game and savegame, despite the warning about the importance of doing so. I fear I may have to start from square one again.. 20181128210310_1.jpg.6d8e3118c8f52873dcfc402137c1642b.jpg

What you've shown in the picture happens sometimes. So far this appeared when the floor wasn't 'flat' enough, when something was in the way, or you moved a bit before the animation started. As long as you don't have that all the time it is somewhat 'normal'.

Sadly the whole AAF isn't as far as for example 'Whicked Whims' for Sims 4. But seeing how it all constantly improves gives hope for the future… and there are a lot of modders out there that work constantly on improving the 'older' mods or create something new.

I'm getting a weird error where AAF won't start and it says that my DLCworkshop2 isn't found. (referencing a plugin that's not installed) The odd thing is do have that. The same thing with looksmenu, I've already reinstalled AAF, verified integrity of my game files, and reinstalled looksmenu. All the same errors. 

I cannot get male erections to work using the latest Farrelle compatibility patch. Followed the guides on here and no luck.

AAF is running stable and I have no errors or warnings. Animations all play great during scenes. Strap-on works great for female raiders. Male raiders are all flaccid and unable to penetrate though.

The only way I can get erections to work is to clean out the character assets folder of the .tri file and and all Male Nude up/down body stuff and just use the malebody.nif file from EVB circumcised erect.

I'm using all the latest mod versions and files on here and have a clean install and clean save game to run on (outside Vault 111, completed beginning quest with Codsworth, Saved game (with absolutely no mods installed at all or even script extender, 100% vanilla).

Is there an XML file that needs to be edited or something? Not sure why it won't work since all the files are present in the right directories? This is really confusing. It makes me think there's a line of code in an XML file that needs to be tweaked or something. Hmm?

2 hours ago, ReaperBlade said:

Is there an XML file that needs to be edited or something? Not sure why it won't work since all the files are present in the right directories? This is really confusing. It makes me think there's a line of code in an XML file that needs to be tweaked or something. Hmm?

It sounds like you're not using the male body from the compatibility patch.

54 minutes ago, Kythana said:

You need the morphs for that to work correctly. Otherwise the guys either stay flaccid or have an erection all the time.

Apparently lots of people are having trouble with it. There really needs to be a more fool-proof way of getting this to work. properly

There is no esp file in the latest AAF compatibility patch v3.0 by Farelle. I went through it and manually placed all the stuff from "20 EVB body base v1", "21 EVB Male body Human" into my data directory, copying over all files. AAF has "Male_morphSetData" XML in it.

I'm not using any RSE stuff or four play stuff. Just using AAF violate and it works flawlessly. Only problem is the flaccid dicks on males. Strap-on works on female. Well, some animation poses don't line up right with erections or strap-ons since they aim horizontal... 

(Screenshots taken from earlier when I had constant erections. Now I'm back to flaccid using .tri files and male nude body .nifs from latest AAF Compatibility patch v3.0) 

ScreenShot16.png

ScreenShot0.png