First Person Magic Conflict with CBBE

Hi all!

So I have CBBE with bodyslide and also first person magic animation. I have an issue with wrist seams appearing when I go into first person with this mod. It is not present when I equip a weapon, only when I have magic equipped. It is also not present when I am idle or naked. I am wondering if anyone would possibly have any knowledge as far as a workaround or a fix. Thanks!

SN of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/Ptc6eqi

2 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

Do you wear clothes? Accessories?
The cause could be linked to these two cases. Check to see if what you are wearing is compatible with your body (UNP, CBBE, UUNP) if you have equipped something incompatible with it, this is the first cause of the problem

I have body slide and turned all of the vanilla and pretty much just about every outfit i have into CBBE. Ya I know that that's probably the cause of the problem, I guess I was probably unclear, my apologies. I'm just wondering if there's a fix. It's odd to me that an animation is messing with a body, ya know?

2 hours ago, Nagib said:

If you are not wearing hands armor/gauntlets/gloves in the screenshot, are you using CBBE body? Did you recently build in bodyslide?

Yes, I'm using CBBE athletic with bodyslide on all of my outfits. I just don't understand how an animation is conflicting with a body mod.

1 hour ago, Pru said:

Yes, I'm using CBBE athletic with bodyslide on all of my outfits. I just don't understand how an animation is conflicting with a body mod.

Your mods? a screen or a txt would be useful.
  It would seem trivial, but, did the clothes convert them or were they already in CBBE?
  In the first case it could be a weight-related body error, try to increase the weight of the PG, sometimes it works.

1 hour ago, Lestat1627 said:

Your mods? a screen or a txt would be useful.
  It would seem trivial, but, did the clothes convert them or were they already in CBBE?
  In the first case it could be a weight-related body error, try to increase the weight of the PG, sometimes it works.

They were already CBBE and I converted them to CBBE athletic. It happens when I have vanilla clothes on too though. It's not there when I'm naked, however. Here's a screen: https://imgur.com/a/Ptc6eqi

1 hour ago, Pru said:

It happens when I have vanilla clothes on too though.

The primary recommendations are to install XPMS and / or XPMSE, run FNIS, try a new game (it's easier to notice improvements)

This leads me to think that there is a mistake with the converted clothes. Check in Shape Data and Slider Set if what you have converted matches what you have changed, sometimes it happens that in the game you read the files of CalienteTools. If everything seems to you in order (the smallest details sometimes escape) try as indicated below

Try this step: 

With Bodyslide, upload the data as in img 1

Select the group to which it belongs (if any) as in img 2

Click Build to show all the outfits belonging to the selected group, and check what you need. You could also find other outfits in the list, if you do not need corrections, leverage the check as in img 3

When you have selected what you are interested in, click on Build to start the process.
More files must correct more time it takes as in img 3Immagine2.png.4dd54a9e2ec299a81a9335ff9d6c0441.png

Spoiler

Immagine.png.67fb23323d9e1940ae18c8ff56500db1.pngImmagine1.png.b82069cf56cd7f650d75603f0970f1ce.png

1 hour ago, Lestat1627 said:

The primary recommendations are to install XPMS and / or XPMSE, run FNIS, try a new game (it's easier to notice improvements)

This leads me to think that there is a mistake with the converted clothes. Check in Shape Data and Slider Set if what you have converted matches what you have changed, sometimes it happens that in the game you read the files of CalienteTools. If everything seems to you in order (the smallest details sometimes escape) try as indicated below

Try this step: 

With Bodyslide, upload the data as in img 1

Select the group to which it belongs (if any) as in img 2

Click Build to show all the outfits belonging to the selected group, and check what you need. You could also find other outfits in the list, if you do not need corrections, leverage the check as in img 3

When you have selected what you are interested in, click on Build to start the process.
More files must correct more time it takes as in img 3Immagine2.png.4dd54a9e2ec299a81a9335ff9d6c0441.png

Hide contents

Immagine.png.67fb23323d9e1940ae18c8ff56500db1.pngImmagine1.png.b82069cf56cd7f650d75603f0970f1ce.png

So, I've done the batch builds before/always. The only thing I used the regular build for was the body itself (I'm using athletic). I'm not sure how to go about checking in shape data and slider set though.

14 hours ago, Pru said:

So, I've done the batch builds before/always. The only thing I used the regular build for was the body itself (I'm using athletic). I'm not sure how to go about checking in shape data and slider set though.

The first thing you can do is with Outfitstudio, insert the femalebody_0 nif and femalehands_0 nif files to verify the correctness, then repeat the check with the two files femalebody_1 nif

and femalehands_1 nif. If everything is without problems, charge the offending dress, this will allow you to identify the real source of the problem (which as mentioned above could be a conversion error that has escaped).

Generally, when I do this I do not make any kind of modification, I limit myself only to integrate the various outfits with the body structure.
Seti should miss the Atlhetic structure, I think it can be created with OutfitStudio> File> New Project. A window (Reference) will appear where you should have basic CBBE. Under Browse (load the osp, xml and nif files) you will insert the body structure using the femalebody_1 nif file, in the Shape you should appear at which conversion it belongs. Without other changes, press Ok to access the changes (the various rewards you can do later). Uploaded the Project, Save Project as, you will open the window with the various renames and categories (usually I overwrite a pre-existing) and save. Once this is done, you will have your Slider Group for Bodyslide, allowing you to proceed as indicated in the previous img, thus standardizing the various outfits installed. Attention to one thing, when with Bodyslide, uniform outfits, you could find them back to their original condition, that is, if you have made changes (added or removed parts, retested) will be canceled by the process.

16 hours ago, Nagib said:

Bodyslide doesn't have cbbe hand, only UNP. So when I had the same happening, I just got: CBBE Feminine Hands

As indicated here, the problem could also be due to a flaw of Bodyslide

Here you can find the substitutes . With OutfitStudio, they can be integrated to make them permanent

Kaw's Claws-SSE

I am assuming you did this, but if you use a body in Bodyslide, you really need to build the body, hands, and feet, with that body chosen, or you might get a mismatch. If you use an armor that shows skin, it usually has it's own body in it, so while running it in Bodyslide will give it the right shape, you can get a mismatch with seams. That happens with CBBE if you use old CBBE armors with new CBBE body, they don't match up. Those need a conversion to the body you are using.

Using CBBE armors with UUNP or the opposite will cause the textures not to match, and even if the armor covers enough of the texture for that not to show, you are probably going to get mismatch between body, hands, and feet. I haven't tested this though.

17 hours ago, Kaarinah said:

I am assuming you did this, but if you use a body in Bodyslide, you really need to build the body, hands, and feet, with that body chosen, or you might get a mismatch. If you use an armor that shows skin, it usually has it's own body in it, so while running it in Bodyslide will give it the right shape, you can get a mismatch with seams. That happens with CBBE if you use old CBBE armors with new CBBE body, they don't match up. Those need a conversion to the body you are using.

Using CBBE armors with UUNP or the opposite will cause the textures not to match, and even if the armor covers enough of the texture for that not to show, you are probably going to get mismatch between body, hands, and feet. I haven't tested this though.

So I did not do this, at least I don’t believe I did. I followed a YouTube guide, gopher’s I believe, and just selected cbbe athletic from the drop down menu and hit build and voila. I’m very very new to bodyslide, mod organizer, etc. The only thing I’m really good at is load order lol.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:47 PM, Lestat1627 said:

It seems not

But this seems to be yes, and if you do not want the nails, with Outfitstudio or NifScope you can remove them

HN66's Hands and Nails - Special Edition

I actually had the mage ones from that same author but upon looking at the screens more closely, I didn’t feel that they were even remotely lore friendly (at least kaw’s claws is somewhat plausible although unlikely). The first one you linked’s hands also looked higher quality.

21 minutes ago, Pru said:

I actually had the mage ones from that same author but upon looking at the screens more closely, I didn’t feel that they were even remotely lore friendly (at least kaw’s claws is somewhat plausible although unlikely). The first one you linked’s hands also looked higher quality.

To use them, replace those of the dress with these, is a practice that I use when I get your problem (it happens with some conversions)

14 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

To use them, replace those of the dress with these, is a practice that I use when I get your problem (it happens with some conversions)

Using that nif application?

Also, using bodyslide and building a body doesn’t include hands and feet? Like I said, I built CBBE athletic but just chose the body and selected build. I used build batch for vanilla armors and custom compatible ones. I’m new to this and literally have everything perfect and ready to go except this, putting custom hair on modded NPCs (black face error), and my reticle disappearing while trying to use TK dodge and lock on (the latter two are just me being particular lol).

1 hour ago, Pru said:

bodyslide and building a body doesn’t include hands and feet?

When you make a morph with Bodyslide, this builds the two nifs of femalebody_0 and femalebody_1 while the other parts of the body (hands and feet) remain in default and among other things they are not even visible

Spoiler

Immagine.png.9b58c401cfd221bdaa0bff2118772024.png

1 hour ago, Pru said:

I built CBBE athletic but just chose the body and selected build

This operation improves the adaptation of the various armors to the body, but may still require correction  especially if it is a conversion

1 hour ago, Pru said:

putting custom hair on modded NPCs (black face error), and my reticle disappearing while trying to use TK dodge and lock on

With Racemenu> sculpture?

On 11/11/2018 at 2:23 PM, Lestat1627 said:

When you make a morph with Bodyslide, this builds the two nifs of femalebody_0 and femalebody_1 while the other parts of the body (hands and feet) remain in default and among other things they are not even visible

Reveal hidden contents

Immagine.png.9b58c401cfd221bdaa0bff2118772024.png

This operation improves the adaptation of the various armors to the body, but may still require correction  especially if it is a conversion

With Racemenu> sculpture?

Ok, so I'm really confused. I'm sorry. How do I go about building hands? Everything went way over my head. Like I said, I just started using body slide like last week and don't even know what a nif is really. I'm assuming it's the file that's the body part/body?

12 hours ago, Pru said:

so i downloaded this one and it's not showing up in first person for me. i can see it in third person but not first so i can't see if it's helping/working or not

In the first person I have never changed and / or modified any files related to the hands, as you use CBBE and my problem does not occur to me although I often have to replace the hands with the ones I showed you. The fact remains that almost certainly your problem is related to clothes. For verification, in the game do the test with and without clothes to see the difference, unfortunately not having the SSe version I can not give you my files that could create many problems. If the problem is only extended to the first person, the best thing you can do is replace the various parts of the dress with those of your PG (first person included) taking care not to confuse the various nif_0 and nif_1

16 hours ago, Nagib said:

With CBBE, hands are buildable only for outfits. If its body mesh you are building, CBBE doesn't provide hands, only UNP does.

When I build my body I can build body (with choices between no physics, physics, and special), and also feet, hands and hands beast. Checking the folders, they are definitely built too. I haven't actually checked if I'd get seams without building them, but I strongly suspect I would considering the body I use. This is with the CBBE for SSE.

Archived