[ABANDONED] Porkybork's World 2.0 (DL links in OP)

Just got done installing everything and adding some of my own stuff to the world. So far, it's working great, I've been downloading your stuff since I discovered the old Townie Makeover files you made available, really nice work on everything. You did an awesome job of overhauling these sims, keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the update for Ness and Vo. I noticed Vo were missing stuff way before too but I figured he was just some weird half-nudist ?

Also, not sure if it was just me, but installing the tray files for the two glitched my library up. The game would generate multiple tray files for certain household of yours.

I think either restarting the game or not adding the tray files fixed it, honestly I'm not sure what I did, but I just want to bring it up, just in case.

I really like your sims and I actually waited for this to release before I updated to get famous.

But for some reason, something about it breaks wicked whims for me. Everything works great for me when I start a new game, but when I load your save, animations just won't work.

EDIT Deleted duplicate files and now everything works great!

Thank you for making this

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, UnknowUser1999 said:

Mod conflic detector say so many conflic and also I get script error?

Dunno this is because other mod or something.

So just need help to install this and wicked whims mod.

It's possible that some of the CC or other mods listed in the OP have either broken or need to be updated. Also, as another commented previously stated, be sure to check for and delete duplicates. The game could also be freaking out because of the weird situation outfits that get thrown together with random garments, which sucks because I have no control over that. 

WW should work fine with this since this is not a technical mod. If you do run into errors, please check your files and make sure nothing weird is going on there. If that doesn't work or help at all, then I'm sorry, I don't really know anything about programming.

5 hours ago, porkybork said:

It's possible that some of the CC or other mods listed in the OP have either broken or need to be updated. Also, as another commented previously stated, be sure to check for and delete duplicates. The game could also be freaking out because of the weird situation outfits that get thrown together with random garments, which sucks because I have no control over that. 

WW should work fine with this since this is not a technical mod. If you do run into errors, please check your files and make sure nothing weird is going on there. If that doesn't work or help at all, then I'm sorry, I don't really know anything about programming.

Yes some your CC is Conflict each other but may be that can't be avoid. But maybe I try to make merged it or patch it to make it not conflict. Plus, I need to go through all the that I download to see if there any conflict.

First, I hope your recovery is going well and than second thank you for A frelling stellar update my friend yours is a materclass in Sims artistery when it comes to makeovers. W/ Strangervilles Gamepack coming at the end of the month however I’m just going to get ahead of the curve for the EVENTUAL ? makeover (?) and make a suggestion of either a legacy Sim from TS2s StrangeTown or maybe some old classics like X-files, Supernatural or Doctor Who? If N your struggling for ideas and if and when you have the time of course good sir! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, My5up3r1n73r3571ngU53rn4m3 said:

Hey Porky, love what you've done here, and absolutely consider it as an essential base for my games. Any chance we'll be seeing an update for the new worlds?

Hey, glad you like it!

I recently bought the "Strangerville" pack since it was on sale and I'll be working on that for the next update. Once "Tropical Paradise" goes on sale, I'll give that one a makeover too.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:03 PM, porkybork said:

Hey, glad you like it!

I recently bought the "Strangerville" pack since it was on sale and I'll be working on that for the next update. Once "Tropical Paradise" goes on sale, I'll give that one a makeover too.

God, if I wasn't poor I'd buy it for ya. You hands down make the best Sims I have ever seen and I've been dying to see what you do next. I wish I had even a fraction of the talent you have with this.

hey! just wanted to let you know that every time i try to load your save game, sims 4 crashes. i imported all your tray files & cc into the correct folders with no issue, so i'm not quite sure why i have this problem. my other saves load normally. i can attach my lastCrash file, but it all just looks like gibberish to me lmao

15 hours ago, beefstick said:

hey! just wanted to let you know that every time i try to load your save game, sims 4 crashes. i imported all your tray files & cc into the correct folders with no issue, so i'm not quite sure why i have this problem. my other saves load normally. i can attach my lastCrash file, but it all just looks like gibberish to me lmao

That's weird. Are you sure it's the save file and not some other mod that's broken/outdated? You can post the LE, I'm not really all that knowledgeable about the code side of things, but I can see if there's anything that stands out.

Is anyone else having this issue?

That's weird. Are you sure it's the save file and not some other mod that's broken/outdated? You can post the LE, I'm not really all that knowledgeable about the code side of things, but I can see if there's anything that stands out.

I've had it happen a few times as of late where I've had to Alt-F4 my game while trying to load into my home, but I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with some other mod(s) and not this one. But since it doesn't give me a crash log I can't tell what mod it is.

I've been using Porky's save file since he uploaded it and 98% of the time, it's been working just fine for me.

well it's the next day & i was able to load the save without issue. i have no explanation, but i think i just had to restart my computer

On 6/27/2019 at 10:14 AM, beefstick said:

Does it crash when you just try to start a new game? The save file itself should be incapable of doing that. I just started a new game the other day with the save file without crashing. The only thing I've removed from the original files was the traits and aspirations because they were probably out of date, especially after the changes in the recent game patch. You can try taking those out, but I know for a fact there's nothing wrong with the save file itself.

11 hours ago, UnknowUser1999 said:

any progress about your makeover???

I've worked through a couple households already, but I'm gonna hold off posting any progress until I have something more substantial to show. I'm not sure how far I should go for this update, so I've put together a poll for you guys to let me know what you think. Also, my priorities right now are: IRL stuff > Cambion's Tale > Porkybork's World. So, forgive me if this update comes out later than you'd hoped. It'll be ready soon enough, I promise. :)

9 hours ago, porkybork said:

I've worked through a couple households already, but I'm gonna hold off posting any progress until I have something more substantial to show. I'm not sure how far I should go for this update, so I've put together a poll for you guys to let me know what you think. Also, my priorities right now are: IRL stuff > Cambion's Tale > Porkybork's World. So, forgive me if this update comes out later than you'd hoped. It'll be ready soon enough, I promise. :)

Wow so many vote for total makeover. I thing this gonna take couple of week to finish this makeover. I guess....

Alright, the results are in, and it looks like I'll be giving this update the full treatment!

1862022021_ScreenShot2019-07-01at1_01_02PM.png.654769ae046e9497bd5b1f9edafda17b.png

Stay tuned, everyone! This'll streamline the process now that I know what most people want, and I'll have a progress report soon enough.

• 1 month later...