[ABANDONED] Porkybork's World 2.0 (DL links in OP)

3 hours ago, porkybork said:

Road to Fame and SACRIFICIAL's other mods don't do anything game-breaking, but I've noticed that my sims tend to get stuck (i.e. they idle in one place for extended periods of time) more often when I'm using one of his mods. I don't know if that's because of something to do with his mods or if it's just too much for my MacBook to handle.

You're not the only one. I've have had that happen to me several times even with my gaming rig, even to the point where it completely breaks the game and I have to alt-F4 it.

And I'm only using Hoe It Up and Extreme Violence right now because I had to remove his other mods (it killed my save file until I deleted his mods.)

It kinda feels like the game doesn't know how to handle the AI so it just goes into a brain dead state.

8 hours ago, Chipendale said:

You're not the only one. I've have had that happen to me several times even with my gaming rig, even to the point where it completely breaks the game and I have to alt-F4 it.

And I'm only using Hoe It Up and Extreme Violence right now because I had to remove his other mods (it killed my save file until I deleted his mods.)

It kinda feels like the game doesn't know how to handle the AI so it just goes into a brain dead state.

12 hours ago, porkybork said:

Get Famous should have no effect on this. I haven't bought that EP yet because I only buy games once they go on sale.

Road to Fame and SACRIFICIAL's other mods don't do anything game-breaking, but I've noticed that my sims tend to get stuck (i.e. they idle in one place for extended periods of time) more often when I'm using one of his mods. I don't know if that's because of something to do with his mods or if it's just too much for my MacBook to handle.

Oh. So... problem solved?

I have the same issue using just the Hoe It Up mod. My laptop: memory= 8GB DDR4 processor= Intel Core i5-6200u HDD= about 180GB free out of 1TB. I just got a new laptop, but haven't tried any of his mods on it yet. It could be a coding issue. (I'm not saying he doesn't know how to code well, just that a small piece of code could be giving the game a tantrum. It's not like the game doesn't have any issues either.)

21 hours ago, porkybork said:

Get Famous should have no effect on this. I haven't bought that EP yet because I only buy games once they go on sale.

Oh. So... problem solved?

Problem solved but I stoped using the modpack since I can't get the bodys to fully work with your recommended mods (game wont start if i use everything from the recommended mods)

Also regarding your answer on the Road to Fame thing; Yes those mods are known for slowwing down the game. Afterall they're heavy script mods and script mods are terrible for performance if your pc isnt fast enough. 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, yhgghdg said:

has this been updated?

This is not a technical mod, so there's really nothing for me to update beyond superficial stuff (e.g. using different CC or something). However, I realize that TS4 save files can become corrupted over time, so I think I'll add the save file and tray items as their own separate things in the future.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, kackhaufen213 said:

Problem solved but I stoped using the modpack since I can't get the bodys to fully work with your recommended mods (game wont start if i use everything from the recommended mods)

Hmm, sorry, I'm not sure how to help you. I could take a look at the mods I listed to see if any of them have broken or are no longer being supported. I've read that some people were having issues with the most recent WW update, but I don't really see why that would affect my file at all.

On an unrelated note, I've just bought Get Famous for 50% off, so I'll be giving the new households a makeover. Since there are only 3 new households, this should be finished within 7 days or so.

I didn't have anything from this freeze my game up, but I removed the trait mods that came with it before even firing the game up as I always do when installing custom NPCs. If anything is causing crashes it's probably any trait or career mods you have in the pack. Those tend to break after each Maxis update and its always a gamble putting them on your custom NPCs for that reason. But I didn't experience the problem so I don't know for sure. I removed the traits and aspirations that came with this mod before using it.

Also, glad to hear you're working on a Get Famous update. I've been following your work for a long time and I absolutely love what you do. Can't wait to see your vision for the new sims!

On 12/23/2018 at 3:50 AM, porkybork said:

On an unrelated note, I've just bought Get Famous for 50% off, so I'll be giving the new households a makeover. Since there are only 3 new households, this should be finished within 7 days or so.

There are also 7 pre-made "Townies" included with everybody's copy of the DLC.  They can be found in this section of the Sims wiki.  Baby Ariel is based on a real person.

Thanks for your work on this project.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so the end of December and New Years ended being more eventful than I thought it'd be, so the GF update will be a bit delayed. Also:

On 12/25/2018 at 7:59 AM, Jughandle said:

There are also 7 pre-made "Townies" included with everybody's copy of the DLC.

Yeah, I didn't realize that until you posted that comment. Anyway, I've finished all three of the main households and 3/7 of the other townies. As per usual, I'll incorporate the new features from GF to the already existing households in whatever way I deem appropriate. It won't be random, I'll try to have it make as much sense as possible with the stories I've made for each household. I'm not gonna make Bob Pancakes a superstar or anything since that wouldn't make any sense lol.

I also haven't decided who I'll add as the "special" household, so I'm open to suggestions.

19 hours ago, Salovas said:

How's work on the GF update going? Do you have any screenshots of what you have so far? I've been putting off my next play through in anticipation for your next release, I love your work!

Hey there. The GF update is going slower than I had hoped due to health reasons. I have dysthymia – not self-diagnosed, I went to an actual therapist and was diagnosed with it – and I've been going through a particularly rough low spell recently (not because of LL or anything, just a combination of RL stuff and my own fucked up brain chemistry). I've also just learned that I have high cholesterol, so that plus the dysthymia has pushed me to focus more on my overall health than TS4 stuff. I'm really sorry that it's taking so long, but I am making progress.

Here are a few screenshots of what I've got so far:

Spoiler

357353536_ScreenShot2019-01-09at3_18_04PM.png.3a67aae0e064dee74f24be012419de45.png

1075605231_ScreenShot2019-01-09at1_25_27PM.png.974a0fa9c94f4d94f39d8572f2e98ed0.png

Remake of Baby Ariel:

2016301620_01-09-19_24352PM.png.99f0e90ed3f0a25af62ece57847e6b71.png

660515344_01-09-19_24306PM.png.32146d17fccbbc2d6cd536134e596cd4.png

Personally I don't mind waiting. I mean, your health comes before anything else and most of us already know the things you make is worth waiting for. Take your time, dood.

I completely forgot Ariel is even in the game. I know she's in my "Not in World" list, but I've yet to have seen her at all.

That looks amazing, and well worth the wait! I really dig what you did with Dirk Dreamer, there's not a whole lot of people who work on male sims and you do excellent work with it. And don't you dare apologize, I actually deal with a similar issue and understand. I appreciate the amazing work you've done so far and wish you the absolute best with finding what you need to get feeling right. My therapist got me into fitness which has helped me out immensely, I hope that you can also find an avenue that will get you feeling good about yourself and out of the depressive cycle.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:27 PM, porkybork said:

Hey there. The GF update is going slower than I had hoped due to health reasons. I have dysthymia – not self-diagnosed, I went to an actual therapist and was diagnosed with it – and I've been going through a particularly rough low spell recently (not because of LL or anything, just a combination of RL stuff and my own fucked up brain chemistry). I've also just learned that I have high cholesterol, so that plus the dysthymia has pushed me to focus more on my overall health than TS4 stuff. I'm really sorry that it's taking so long, but I am making progress.

Here are a few screenshots of what I've got so far:

Hide contents

357353536_ScreenShot2019-01-09at3_18_04PM.png.3a67aae0e064dee74f24be012419de45.png

1075605231_ScreenShot2019-01-09at1_25_27PM.png.974a0fa9c94f4d94f39d8572f2e98ed0.png

Remake of Baby Ariel:

2016301620_01-09-19_24352PM.png.99f0e90ed3f0a25af62ece57847e6b71.png

660515344_01-09-19_24306PM.png.32146d17fccbbc2d6cd536134e596cd4.png

DAMN, that Baby Ariel is just.....DAMN!

• 3 weeks later...

Get Famous Update

Aaaaaand its' here! The Get Famous update of "Porkybork's World" is complete and has been uploaded to MEGA.nz. Check the OP for the new link and download it (note: it's a hefty file at 2.54GB). Be sure to follow all installation instructions in the OP and in the opened .zip file.

Changelog:

• All new sims in Del Sol Valley – including the townies in the Other Sims section of Household Manager – were given complete makeovers
  • All sims were given the appropriate Reputation and Fame levels
  • Added Katy Perry and Ghost Marilyn Monroe as the included special sims

I hope you all enjoy the new update, and I thank you all for your patience! If you notice any issues, please let me know, and I'll see if I can do anything to fix it.

Update file is broken and will not work. See post below for details.

NOTICE:

Unfortunately, I've learned that the .zip file is corrupted and will therefore not work properly. I've deleted the DL link to prevent anyone else wasting their time as I work on fixing this. I must repackage all the necessary files and look for more stable and efficient ways of compressing the files and sharing them. This should take no more than another day.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I ask that you all be patient as I get the new file ready.

Keen for the update when it's ready :) Just another fan here saying I love what you've done, you're a Sim artist!

And best wishes for all your health related issues too! Sims 4 is a hobby so never push yourself to do it more than needed - it's something fun for us all!

Fixed (I hope)!

Alright, took longer than I had planned, but I think I sorted out the issues. Two new links have been provided in the OP, hopefully this will solve the problem of the file size being too large to download since both files are smaller than the original Porkybork's World file (which was 2.54GB). Also, I have switched to using .rar files instead of .zip files since more people seem to be more familiar with .rar files. If ya'll would like, I could also upload the new update via .zip files as well.

Changelog:

• All new sims in Del Sol Valley – including the townies in the Other Sims section of Household Manager – were given complete makeovers
  • All sims were given the appropriate Reputation and Fame levels
  • Added Katy Perry and Ghost Marilyn Monroe as the included special sims
  • Switched ownership of vet clinic from Lynx to Delgato since it made more sense considering the households' backstories
  • Gave the Delgato household a proper description other than just saying "this house is fucking boring"

I hope you all enjoy, and thank you for your patience! 

2 hours ago, Chipendale said:

One question though; there's a character in the "currently not in world" list named Ness. Is she supposed to be a skinhead? ?

Whoops! She and Vo are meant to be workers for the Delgato vet clinic, but I never saved them to my gallery, so they didn't show up in Tray Importer while I was putting everything together. If she's bald, then she's missing the hair CC file. I'll add a new link here and in the OP so you can download them and add them to your game. Thanks for pointing that out.

DL: Ness and Vo