The Sims 4 First Person mode

On 11/11/2018 at 4:15 AM, Simmy85258 said:

I hate to burst your collective bubbles, but the new EA patch is going to mess with the game code by changing the Python used by the game.  All script mods, like WickedWhims,  MC Command Center, Nisa's Wicked Perversions, etc. will be broken and unplayable.

The new features, like the first person view, are a smokescreen to cover up what EA is really trying to do - to stop modders.

I recommend not downloading this new "update" unless modders can figure out the new code.  And even if they do, there are no guarantees that they'll be able to update their mods.

The Sims is as popular as it is because of how highly easy (relatively speaking) it is to mod it. EA and Maxis are well aware of this and wouldn't do anything to damage that relationship with their modding community.

One aspect of animations has already shown it's going to up the bar on animators... facial.. many animators before did not spend much time on face because it was most of the time hidden... but with first person it has canged that... for the most part tho many of the current ones i've tested out... seems to work. Just shows how much detail goes into making animations and how much more so now that you will be having body parts thrust right in your face so to speak. thankfully we already have penis bones in the bodies... would be weird have a rod poking you between the eyes instead of the mouth lol.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:15 AM, Simmy85258 said:

The new features, like the first person view, are a smokescreen to cover up what EA is really trying to do - to stop modders.

Yeah you just might be on to something.

All that time writing code and playtesting to make sure it screws up modders.  Too bad they're not smart enough to simply remove the "ENABLE MODS" option.    

2 hours ago, parzysty said:

Now I just wish we could have textures with higher resolution.

Every member can try to use / get better skins / overlays, details (CC) and push their settings high / Ultra or use HQ modding to get much more better quality.

Pardon me, I just got a poor HP laptop and the quality is really not bad at all - without FPV and the last patches.

6 minutes ago, Mariana Soprano said:

Every member can try to use / get better skins / overlays, details (CC) and push their settings high / Ultra or use HQ modding to get much more better quality.

Pardon me, I just got a poor HP laptop and the quality is really not bad at all - without FPV and the last patches.

Even on Ultra the textures aren't that high res. I noticed that the textures look better in CAS than they look in game.

I tried the HQ mod but I didn't notice any difference.

9 minutes ago, parzysty said:

Even on Ultra the textures aren't that high res. I noticed that the textures look better in CAS than they look in game.

I tried the HQ mod but I didn't notice any difference.

Not for the clay styled sims and so far I was told, what is shitty can get more shitty with HQ.

But sorry I do not remind a well done Alpha on your screenshots.

Archived