IGNORED

[mod] RimJobWorld

Skömer

5 hours ago, Skömer said:

start a new game to be safe

Can confirm. It looks like the data structure for pawns has changed, and 4.8 has issues when using pawns created with 4.7 of rjw. At least I got some red errors with bionics from 4.7, and I guess some data hickups also block the egg creation in insects. But I will do some more tests tomorrow, with a fresh game start in 4.8 and pawns generated from scratch vs. a new game and pawns imported with character editor which have been used with rjw 4.7.

i don't understand how to read it

does it mean that only framework is compatible?

what about things that I ve marked (???) 

?

• favicon.ico RJW Animation Framework DL gitgudicon.png - animated sex, RJW 4.8+ compatible
  • favicon.ico Anim Addons - more animations for above (???)
  • favicon.ico Robo Anims - more animations for above (???)
  • favicon.ico Animation Converter tool for animating with spriter, not a mod
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dubs670 said:

Can confirm. It looks like the data structure for pawns has changed, and 4.8 has issues when using pawns created with 4.7 of rjw. At least I got some red errors with bionics from 4.7, and I guess some data hickups also block the egg creation in insects. But I will do some more tests tomorrow, with a fresh game start in 4.8 and pawns generated from scratch vs. a new game and pawns imported with character editor which have been used with rjw 4.7.

In theory you "just" need to edit your savegame to make every pawn match the new body part order

just start a new game or stay with the older RJW version until you are finished with your campaign and prevent the headache (and whatever else broken stuff you might need to fix)

53 minutes ago, ninja_kitten said:

i don't understand how to read it

does it mean that only framework is compatible?

what about things that I ve marked (???) 

?

• favicon.ico RJW Animation Framework DL gitgudicon.png - animated sex, RJW 4.8+ compatible
  • favicon.ico Anim Addons - more animations for above (???)
  • favicon.ico Robo Anims - more animations for above (???)
  • favicon.ico Animation Converter tool for animating with spriter, not a mod

the animation addons are maintained by a different modder as the framework is, I don't think they will need to be updated for RJW 4.8 but I don't mark them as compatible just to be sure (to hopefully prevent various bug reports), same with everything else in the list

Edited by Skömer
17 hours ago, Skömer said:

please sort your mods, why are all RJW related mods at the top of your load order? Also dont use RJW addons with 4.8.0+ RJW versions until they are updated

my mods were auto sorted by my mod manager and it favors alphabetical order, but it usually puts non-workshop mods towards the top unless it senses a conflict that requires them to be lower on the list. what do you recommend?

1 hour ago, jeff2 said:

my mods were auto sorted by my mod manager and it favors alphabetical order, but it usually puts non-workshop mods towards the top unless it senses a conflict that requires them to be lower on the list. what do you recommend?

put RJW at the very bottom of the modlist and then put every RJW addon below that

48 minutes ago, TheHentaiGod14 said:

is there a way to get this mod to work with EdB Prepare carefully mod? 

no, it has caused too many bugs for too long so it was deemed incompatible

7 hours ago, Skömer said:

In theory you "just" need to edit your savegame to make every pawn match the new body part order

Had a closer look again. It seems to be a combination of pawns not being created from scratch, and then the RT73 mod messing with the eggs. I moved RT73 above RJW in the load order and disabeled Hediff optimization, started a new game and used new pawns. Now it works

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jeff2 said:

I recommend to read the instructions i provided in a few places:

Spoiler
On 11/1/2018 at 11:07 PM, Skömer said:

Installation: Mod install Guide

1. Make sure you have the latest stable version of Rimworld and the other required mods (⇒Load Order)
  2. Delete all files from previous RJW versions
  3. Unpack the stuff inside the zip into a seaparate folder inside "...steam/steamapps/common/rimworld/mods/" (put it next to core) - you can use programs like 7-Zip to unpack the .zip
  4. make sure your RJW mod files aren't nested, .../Rimworld/mods/RJW/[all the files here] is mandatory
  5. Activate it & the required mods in the right ⇒Load Order!
  6. Restart Rimworld

On 11/1/2018 at 11:07 PM, Skömer said:

Load Order(Required/Optional)

1. Harmony Harmony in Steam workshopHarmony on Github (has to be the very first mod)
  2. Core (that's the game)
  3. Rimworld DLCs
  4. Hugslib Hugslib in Steam workshopHugslib on Ludeon ForumsHugslib on Github
  5. Other Mods
  6. RimJobWorld (always last)
  7. RJW Addons

On 11/2/2018 at 10:08 AM, Skömer said:
  • Remake your modlist (activate dependencies, remove incompatible or outdated mods, fix Load order ⇒Modding Rimworld)

Modding Rimworld:

Reveal hidden contents

On 11/2/2018 at 10:18 PM, Skömer said:

Load Order is listed in ⇒Modding Rimworld.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:18 PM, Skömer said:

General Problem solving tips:

1. take a look into the ⇒FAQ where you can find solutions to previously solved problems
  2. ask on Discord
  3. look if your problem is noted below and decide if the mod is worth the issues
  4. make sure you have a clean game:

Quick Guide how to have a clean game:

1. remove all conflicting mods
  2. reinstall Rimworld and your mods (fixes overridden folders) in their latest (compatible) version
  3. delete your Mod config files in: C:\Users\"NAME"\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config (resets your settings)
  4. sort your mods ⇒Modding Rimworld
  5. start a new savegame
  • if stuff is still broken create your hugslog (press Ctrl + F12 in game) and add it to a description of your problem here or on the RJW Discord

(following any of these will take you to further instructions), good luck!

32 minutes ago, ninja_kitten said:

Is it possible to make insect egg pregnancy work so it would show pregnant belly as if it is regular pregnancy? (using rimnude)

maybe with size based on eggs quantity

It is strange that egged belly doesn't get any bigger

probably, but that has to be added on rimnudes side, not in RJW

28 minutes ago, ninja_kitten said:

Am I the only one who experiencing the same problems as with prepare carefully but with character editor ?

I don't have PC installed but editing my pawns during generation with CE causes RJW parts to randomly change their sizes

sounds like a bug, if that doesnt work, it needs a fix

• to choose specific body part sizes add the "RJWpart size set(CE) ..." hediffs:
  • Char Edit RJW parts 1.pngChar Edit RJW parts 2.pngChar Edit RJW parts 3.pngComp_1.gif

Edited by Skömer
2 hours ago, ninja_kitten said:

Is it possible to make insect egg pregnancy work so it would show pregnant belly as if it is regular pregnancy? (using rimnude)

maybe with size based on eggs quantity

It is strange that egged belly doesn't get any bigger

maybe in future

Not 100% sure if it's a known issue or if this should be a thing brought up here, but there's a few people having issues when using the Rakkle (Unofficial version) mod with RJW. Personally I had their heads and tail accessories disappear. Others are having the rakkle just be invisible the whole time. It's already been brought up to the person who is currently continuing the rakkle, just thought I'd mention it here.

4 hours ago, SILENTKILLER67 said:

were the age of consent settings removed? I can't find them anymore

it's using life stages rather than age now, I'm not sure if there is a new age setting though, I will update after my current game is over.

Hugslog for your diagnosis: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/bb092ee4c4d42cf34f78c8b0e19acbb0

Followed your instructions and updated, and so far most of my issues are solved. however, I've had a few issues that are still crippling my game, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't caused by any rjw mods. When I get more than one colonist member I suddenly cannot control any pawns directly anymore,

20210830071143_1.jpg.d4db4065198560d0c5f000aab152f8d6.jpg

20210830071109_1.jpg.20d54934eda4954c1b36242de9c88a2f.jpg

and the debug menu no longer allows me to spawn things using the spawn near or the spawn X n umber of things.

20210830071206_1.jpg.c9e7ada4ab89793074ce60a2bedaf72b.jpg

Thanks for the amazing mod!

I'm having some issues with human-human pregnancies. In my first colony I had no pregnancies whatsoever. So I disabled all mods apart from RJW and started a new colony. After trying for a long time with several pawns I eventually got one pregnancy. So seemingly extremely rare.

I have set pregnancy chance to 100 % and made sure all pawns involved are at 100 % fertility. I'm running the most recent version of RJW (and Rimworld).

Any idea what the problem is? It almost feels like the 100 % chance (1.0) is turned into 1 % xD

Also, I've noticed that rape does not seem to cause Mind Broken anymore. This is also something I've only seen once in both of these colonies, and that one case had sex overdrive activated and they went at it for ages. I haven't been able to reproduce it since though. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, jeff2 said:

Hugslog for your diagnosis: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/bb092ee4c4d42cf34f78c8b0e19acbb0

Followed your instructions and updated, and so far most of my issues are solved. however, I've had a few issues that are still crippling my game, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't caused by any rjw mods. When I get more than one colonist member I suddenly cannot control any pawns directly anymore,

20210830071143_1.jpg.d4db4065198560d0c5f000aab152f8d6.jpg

and the debug menu no longer allows me to spawn things using the spawn near or the spawn X n umber of things.

It looks to me you have hero mode activated via the yellow star icon being selected on the pawn. Not controlling other pawns while this is enabled is a feature of the mod. You can disable it in the settings.

1 hour ago, ninja_kitten said:

menstruation is now compatible with 4.8

thanks, for letting me know!

1 hour ago, Hexahedral said:

Thanks for the amazing mod!

I'm having some issues with human-human pregnancies. In my first colony I had no pregnancies whatsoever. So I disabled all mods apart from RJW and started a new colony. After trying for a long time with several pawns I eventually got one pregnancy. So seemingly extremely rare.

I have set pregnancy chance to 100 % and made sure all pawns involved are at 100 % fertility. I'm running the most recent version of RJW (and Rimworld).

Any idea what the problem is? It almost feels like the 100 % chance (1.0) is turned into 1 % xD

Also, I've noticed that rape does not seem to cause Mind Broken anymore. This is also something I've only seen once in both of these colonies, and that one case had sex overdrive activated and they went at it for ages. I haven't been able to reproduce it since though. Thoughts?

if you have the menstruation addon crank the rjw pregnancy up to 100% or you will almost never see a pregnancy, check the menstruation settings too

51 minutes ago, luanzP said:

vanilla expanded still cause problems in 1.3? 

its gotten better, I haven't heart of any VE - RJW issues yet

7 minutes ago, Skömer said:

if you have the menstruation addon crank the rjw pregnancy up to 100% or you will almost never see a pregnancy, check the menstruation settings too

I don't use the menstruation addon or any other addons, just pure RJW. Pregnancies just don't seem to occur, even with the chance cranked to 100 %. :s

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hexahedral said:

I don't use the menstruation addon or any other addons, just pure RJW. Pregnancies just don't seem to occur, even with the chance cranked to 100 %. :s

please post your modlist or hugslog

Edited by Skömer
29 minutes ago, Skömer said:

please post your modlist or hugslog

I just updated to 4.8.0.3 and now it seems to be working fine, getting consistent pregnancies with no issues. Not sure if reversed Sexprops/sexoutcome was the problem or whether it's a happy coincidence. Anyway, apologies for the false alarm and thanks for the help. 😊

7 hours ago, blum4vi said:

it's using life stages rather than age now, I'm not sure if there is a new age setting though, I will update after my current game is over.

I've looked intensely at the settings and, I would have to be blind or something, but I can't find the age of consent options, neither that option which allowed a pawn to have sex from a certain age.

even if it was using life stages now instead of age, there isn't an option to tweak something that was previously tweakable, but maybe that's just me.