Skömer

[mod] RimJobWorld

Old RJW Versions:

Spoiler

I just linked the latest release for each version, to find the others search for Ed86s (or others) posts in this thread or on gitgud.io

RimJobWorld [1.2] (4.4.3-):

click "View File" button next to the OP

all versions since RJW 4.4.0 are compatible with Rimworld 1.1.2654, make sure you are using exactly that Rimworld version if you play with Rimworld 1.1

RimWorld 1.1 (RJW ≥ 4.0😞

2020 August 13: RJW 4.4.2

RimWorld 1.0 (RJW 1.8.0 - 3.2.2):

2020 February 17: RJW 3.2.2

RimWorld B19 (RJW 1.7.0 - 1.8.0):

RJW 1.8.0

RimWorld B18 (RJW 1.6.0 - 1.7.0):

RJW 1.7.0

2017 December 3: RJW 1.6.1a

RimWorld A17 (RJW 1.2 - 1.5.4j):

RJW 1.5.4j

RJW 1.5.3 latest one available

RimWorld A16 (RJW 1.0 - 1.1):

2017 April 18: RJW 1.1

Previous LoversLab posts:

FAQ

Spoiler

issues multiple people complained about, roughly in order I expect them to occur

Quick Troubleshoot Links
Troubleshooting-guide1-2.png

1. https://tinyurl.com/InstallRimMods

Troubleshooting-guide3-6.png 3. https://tinyurl.com/RJWThread
6. https://pastebin.com/

thanks to tory187 for the visualization

before you have the files

Is installing/updating RJW midgame safe?

• it's always good to start a new game, just in case
  • in theory you can add this mod midgame, you shouldn't remove it midgame however

What Rimworld version is supported?

• the hosted RJW version supports all Rimworld 1.2 versions and version 1.1.2654, for previous versions check Gitgud or ⇒Old RJW Versions

Where can I download the RJW files here?

• the OP has a "View File" button that takes you to the download page

I can't download anything here

Installation

I get an "unsupported version" notification on RJW in the modlist

• check if your rimworld version is up to date
  • If RJW is still yellow you have a nested folder, install the mod correctly ⇒Installation, file path: .../Rimworld/mods/RJW/[all the content] is mandatory, the mod content needs to be exactly one folder level deep

Changing mod settings

How to change the RJW settings?

• Main Menu.pngGame settings.pngMod settings2.png

What is the sexuality source for?

• RJW uses it to determine whether or not a pawns is willing to perform hetero or gay sex
  • Vanilla checks for the sexuality traits added by vanilla
  • if you don't like the vanilla traits either get Individuality or Psychology

Mod is installed

My game crashes on world generation

• make sure you have Hugslib and Harmony ⇒Load Order
  • Remake your modlist (activate dependencies, remove incompatible or outdated mods, fix Load order ⇒Modding Rimworld)

I've updated RJW and something is broken (designators are blank...)

• update the addons too and make sure you are using a supported Rimworld version
  • don't override your RJW mod folder next time you update, reinstall RJW
  • check your mod settings

You started a new save game with the mod

Nothing works

• some C# mod breaks all other C# mods below it, redo your modlist (⇒Modding Rimworld) shouldn't happen anymore
  • Check if you enabled everything you want in the mod settings, updates can reset them
  • Check if your pawns have genitals and are of age

Sex need almost instantly drops to 0 every few seconds

• pawn has equipped the breeders charm
  • or your sex need decay rate is way too high

Sex need stays at 50%

• your pawn is asexual/too young

All my pawns are asexual

• reset your RJW config files in: "...\AppData\LocalLow\LudeonStudios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config" (resets settings) and set sexuality source to Vanilla (or a mod that is installed) in RJW settings
  • or your pawns are androids/undead which don't have a sexdrive

RJW settings issues

I cant tame/recruit nymphs

• every nymph spawned while the permanent manhunter setting was enabled cannot be recruited/tamed

My pawns don't get pregnant even tho I've set the chance very high

• Complex pregnancy calculation drastically lowers cross-species pregnancy chances, disable it in RJW Pregnancies settings for flat chances

I cant command my colonists anymore (right click)

• update your Rimworld copy to a supported version
  • Don't install RJW by overriding the old folder, freshly reinstall RJW
  • Did you read what the hardcore hero mode does before enabling it? do that now and disable it

You have a "heavily" modded game (mod related issues)

I have 2 fertility stats in the health tab

• Children, School and learning adds it, ignore that one, RJW only uses its own

Androids have no parts

• Androids parts distribution is based on backstory, only some of them spawn with parts, others need to acquire them from other sources

Other Pawns have no parts or nobody gets pregnant

• that's an issue with some mods that remove "bad" hediffs: Immortals, Medipod

Fertility is at 0% (and plenty of potential other issues)

• besides the obvious: too young, too old, infertile, castrated, sterilized, being a robot/undead/immortal
  • ovipositors lock fertility at 0% and function as they should
  • some races spawn older then their life expectancy which makes them infertile
  • your hediffs are attached to the wrong bodyparts or don't exist, which can be caused by:
  1. Prepare carefully (and probably Prepare Moderately too)
  2. adding/updating body changing mods like: Evolved Organs, Pawnmorpher & similar mid game
  • fix this with dev tools or Character editor, all parts need to be in their right spot for RJW to work

My Pawns birth kids of unrelated races

• pawns edited with Prepare Carefully are broken

My Pawns have the chains hediff but no chains equipped

Genitals change size when I hover over them

How to not use Prepare carefully PCBad.gif

Since we shouldn't use Prepare Carefully, is there an alternative?

• -> You can have PC in your modlist if you need it just DON'T press the button
  • full customization offers Character Editor in Steam workshopCharacter editor
  • most can be changed in the CuM tab by RIMMSqol in Steam workshopRIMMSqol in game
  • or use the developer tools

How do I edit RJW parts with Character Editor?

• to choose specific body part sizes add the "RJWpart size set(CE) ..." hediffs:
  • Char Edit RJW parts 1.pngChar Edit RJW parts 2.pngChar Edit RJW parts 3.png
  • The anus slot is out of frame, but you can add the anus size to any bodypart and it will move to the right spot when you start the game, alternatively:
  • copy/paste hediffs
  • use a small text Character Editor in Steam workshopRimtheme like cyberpunk (restart required) - this will make the anus slot appear in the list
  • save edit

Is there a way to edit parts without Character editor?

• yes, the vanilla devmode tools:
  • enable Dev mode
  • Select the 4th Dev mode button from the left
  • Search top left for addhediff
  • Select the part
  • Select the pawn
  • Select the slot

change aspects of the mod/game

How do I change the sizes of RJW bodyparts?

• cut a suitable part off another pawn and put it on
  • use Character Editor as explained previously
  • use the serums from the Licentia Labs Addon

I want to have more then one Hero

• look into the ⇒Save Edit Guide

My pawns pregnancy takes too long

• pregnancy depends on the gestation time of the offspring race
  • check out ⇒RJW Patches and Addons
  • each races gestation time can be edited
  • or acquire the RJW breeder quirk after 5 human or 10 animal births or cheating ⇒Save Edit Guide

My kids are useless how do i age them up faster?

• Age Morphosis Cells - find in RJW Patches and Addons
  • Ambrosia Longevity mod
  • Babies and Children
  • Change Dresser - cheat your age
  • Children and Pregnancy - accelerated growth setting
  • Children school and learning - let kids be born as 14 year olds
  • Faster Aging - check settings
  • Age Pills from Genetic Rim
  • Polaris bloc - age surgery
  • Chronomancers Accelerate Time ability from Rimworld of Magic
  • Sometimes Raids go wrong - age serum

a mod says it's outdated but works in the current version

• add the current Rimworld tag to "MOD NAME"/About/About.xml
  • <supportedVersions>
  •         <li>1.0</li>
  •         <li>1.1</li>
  •         <li>1.2</li>
  • </supportedVersions>

Where is the RJW thumbnail from?

• It's custom made for RJW, there is no sauce on the web and the creator disappeared a while ago

Modding Rimworld:

Spoiler spoil

This post explains how to get your Rimworld mod list to work, if you want to make a mod yourself check out one of the various guides & Harmony documentation.

Build your Modlist

• Start with a small modlist, only add more mods if the small list works without (major) problems like red error messages, crashes, etc.
  • Before adding a mod to your game check if its listed in ⇒Mod Problems & check its description for:
    • supported Rimworld versions
    • requirements
    • incompatibilities
  • use the newest version of each mod whenever possible
  • search for needed addons and patches
  • Order your mods yourself, seriously! The vanilla mod sorter is not enough! (other autosorters are even worse) Guide is in ⇒General load order
  • restart your game and start with a new, fresh save
  • if your modlist runs slow take a look at the mod performance list

General load order: (no guarantee for accuracy, if a mod fits multiple categories put it in the lowest one it fits, patches come after mods they patch)

->Full Load order Guide

1. Special
    1. Harmony
    2. (Rimsassemble)
  2. Base Game + DLC
    1. Core
    2. Royality
  3. Libraries
    1. Hugslib
    2. Jecstools (for breeders charm, find at race support page)
    3. Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 (for race support, nephila & rimnude...)
  4. Pseudo libraries
  5. Map gen
  6. Faction
  7. Traits
  8. Robots
  9. Medical (Surgery and hediffs)
  10. Mechanics
  11. Items
  12. Races and animals
    1. Nephila Hyperpregnancy Race Mod
  13. Specific patches
  14. Jobs
  15. Lewds
    1. Rimnude and/or any:
    2. ⇒Recommended Mods⇒Body Textures
    3. RJW
    4. ⇒RJW Patches and Addons (no fixed order)
    5. [RJW] Animation Framework
    6. its patches

Check here if you want to find out which mods will slow your game down

list the discord from the other thread for the discord server as its still active

On 11/3/2018 at 8:30 PM, sidfu said:

list the discord from the other thread for the discord server as its still active

thanks, I'll link it again

You now im surprise that they have so many weird kinks in here (no judgement), that they haven't added human lactation. I mean cow can produce milk, and it would be interesting to make prisoner milking farms. 

It would help with surviving come bad winters

On 11/4/2018 at 12:48 AM, mowaz said:

You now im surprise that they have so many weird kinks in here (no judgement), that they haven't added human lactation. I mean cow can produce milk, and it would be interesting to make prisoner milking farms. 

this is one of the most suggested features, for now there is the Milkable Colonists mod

I think I might have found an error in the fertility code.

In the Source\PawnCapacities\PawnCapacityWorker_Fertility.cs file, from line 55 onwards, I found this:

//modded stuff?
                startAge = 13;
                startMaxAge = 18;
                endAge = xxx.is_female(p) ? (endAge * xxx.config.fertility_endAge_female) : (endAge * xxx.config.fertility_endAge_male);
                endMaxAge = xxx.is_female(p) ? (endAge + startMaxAge) : race.lifeExpectancy;

This means that females of any custom race with more than 5 life stages will not be fertile, ever. As endAge will always be 0 and endMaxAge will always be 18.

I think you need to add

endAge = race.lifeExpectancy - startMaxAge;

after the startMaxAge line and before the endAge line for the values to calculate normally.

Hey just chiming in to point something out, Psychology is labeled as needing a patch in the recommended mod list, I believe it got an update just the other day and is now compatible with Rimworld 1.0

Just in case anyone wanted to check it out but was waiting for an update.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:39 AM, Just Checking said:

Hey just chiming in to point something out, Psychology is labeled as needing a patch in the recommended mod list, I believe it got an update just the other day and is now compatible with Rimworld 1.0

i added the "patch needed" note behind some mods to show that they need a patch for integration with RJW (to avoid people constantly reporting double pregnancies or similar), as for psychology i havent tested if the kinsey scale actually influences the pawns raping behaviour like it should or if there are other issues while using Psychology together with RJW, pls report your experiences

at least the steam links should all link the newest 1.0 versions of the mods, as for the link buttons to other sites there are some outdated links (B18/B19), but the most recent ones i could find, maybe they'll be updated some day, maybe not

8 hours ago, Skömer said:

i added the "patch needed" note behind some mods to show that they need a patch for integration with RJW

Ah, yeah that makes sense.  I haven't had a chance to see if the kinsey scale affects anything myself yet, near as I can tell it doesn't so yeah that's fair.

Huh, finally the proper thread but.... i don't see Ed posting in here yet?

Anyhow, now i have to keep watch of two threads pretty much. Really could use that other thread being closed, as the OP is outdated as heck and no longer maintained.

This mod is awesome btw, but Ive run into a bit of a bug/conflict. The icons for RJW just disappear for people who are set to family status (via Prepare Carefully) until they are sleeping. The icons are there are for other characters not part of a family at all times though. Im using the recommended mod list and order with Prepare Carefully tacked on.

RJWBugQuestionMark..PNG

Not related to RJW, but are there any drm-free versions of the cosmetic texture(clothes/bodies) mods?

On topic, I'm still hoping to one day have female pawns give birth to animals. Who wants icky babies? :P

On 11/5/2018 at 8:21 AM, combine1200 said:

This mod is awesome btw, but Ive run into a bit of a bug/conflict. The icons for RJW just disappear for people who are set to family status (via Prepare Carefully) until they are sleeping. The icons are there are for other characters not part of a family at all times though. Im using the recommended mod list and order with Prepare Carefully tacked on.

RJWBugQuestionMark..PNG

I sadly couldn't reproduce that; at least the "disable right of consent" part of the button buttons should always be visible as long as the little cuff symbol on the bottom-right corner (below the pause button) is active and the pawns age is higher then set "sex min. age" in RJW options, as for the others check the requirements in the content overview in this thread, for example: the breeder animal has to be a tamed male animal of the colony

Nice to see an updated thread.

I'm currently in the process of making a patch for Questionable Ethics, so you can use the Vats to grow genitals etc. and I noticed a few things. First of all, there are no recipes to install demon, insect or slime parts on pawns. Is there a reason for it or was it just an oversight? I'm pretty sure someone dumped a load of demon dick on me in a previous game so you definitely can get them. 

The spawnThingOnRemoved tag is commented out for demon parts.

Also, there is a mismatch with the demon tentacle defName, the Hediff is DemonTentaclePenis while the ThingDef is DemonTentaclesPenis. Maybe the reason for the disabled spawnThingOnRemoved?

I'm gonna upload it once I'm done, in case someone else wants to use it.

The disable consent button disappears if the pawn is below the minimum vulnerability to be raped.   Probably the pawn has really high melee skill, but when it sleeps, that doesn't count.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

Huh, finally the proper thread but.... i don't see Ed posting in here yet?

v1.8.3_ed86
fertility fix for custom races with weir life stages(its now not 0)
fixed translation warnings for vb project
fixed? generic genitals applied to droids
changed faction of babies born by prisoners to null, seems previous fix was for normal pregnancy birthing and this one for rjw?
Designations retex by SlicedBread

rjw_1.8.3_ed86.zip

Just so they don't get lost with the old thread, current known issues:

- Zoophiles appear to be forcefully locked into monogamy, refusing sex with any other animals even when having the polygamy trait, or when partner animal is not on the map. Cause of bug is unknown.

- Pawns appear to be scheduled to have sex with a partner each morning, regardless of sex need (even at 99% fulfillment). Kind of defeats the purpose of freezing sex need while sleeping.

- Positive mood bonuses from sex basically render all other recreation pointless, and to a certain extent, even the mood system (I've seen various sex bonuses stacking up to +50% mood). Some balancing needed.

Other things recommended:

- More variety in sex need. It's currently a pretty fixed need; influenced only by age and a single trait (nympomania). Maybe add affects from large sex organs, or various other traits affecting sex drive should be introduced eventually

- Nymph backstories are, oddly enough, not located in the XML files (or I couldn't find them). Which makes modifying or adding to them require (de)compiling. 

Thank you for the update! There is still an issue with fertility though. All my female animals from modded content are still 0% fertility. I've not checked to see if that is still a problem with actual modded pawns, but I know for sure, any modded animals still can't have babies.