AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

20 hours ago, Kythana said:

Regarding the supermutants. I finally found the problem and was able to fix it. It was using the 'wrong' SEU. I'll update the link in post #1 to the correct one. The whole time i thought the problem was caused by an animation pack, but it was the mod supposed to make things easier...

Thanks a lot to all the modders who assisted me in that regard (especially the one who broke his absence and gave me the hint i so desperately needed and led me to the discovery of the solution). 

Could you explain exactly what the problem is with the old version of SEU?  Since I'm maintaining the "correct" one, I would just like to know so I don't make the same mistake at some point :)

It threw an error message about 'Animation Failed' and some init. But an animation was played and it only happened with Supermutants. Sorry, that i can't be more specific about that bug. But you'll find a screenshot under 'Animation Failed' in post #2 (our section for Troubleshooting).

Has anyone tried the Brothel building yet?  How does it work exactly?

I've been trying to figure this thing out, but for some reason there's no action in them at all.

- Build an very simple 4x4 house for testing purposes, which has 1 bigger hallway and 2 separate rooms with beds

- Build 2 prostitute rugs near those 2 beds and assigned settlers to both of them (RSE recommendation max 2 prostitutes for each brothel)

- Build Madame's Desk in the hallway and assigned settler (female) to it

- Build brothel safe near the Madame's desk

- Build 3 guard rugs and assigned 1 settler to them (RSE recommendation)

So I have the basics done. but for some reason everyone just keeps standing there on their posts doing nothing (the guard patrols between the rugs though). There're no animations nor income to the brothel safe.

I do have Sim Settlements installed though, which is probably why my settlers won't visit the brothels. They're busy doing their jobs during the day time and drinking at bar during the evenings. So could the SS scripts get overrule the RSE scrips, so the Brothel is left without customers?

(I'm not uninstalling SS though, because its one of those must have mods that I can't play without anymore. However, I'm not using the script heavy RotC expansion)

10 hours ago, Kythana said:

Do you have the neon open sign installed? That one is required for the brothel to work at all.

I did build one to the doorway as a decoration (if we're talking about the vanilla neon "OPEN" sign). But I wasn't aware that the Brothel needs one, because I didn't notice it being mentioned in the RSE description. Does it have to be near the Madame's desk or something?

As for the prostitution rugs, do they have any range restrictions?  Like I mentioned, I have 2 separate rooms for the prostitutes. Both rooms have beds and the prostitution rugs are placed right next to those beds. My prostitutes do stand on their post, but they wont get any clients.

I even removed all the Sim Settlement building plots from my settlement to make sure that the SS scripts wont interfere with the Brothel scrips and my settlers (and the visitors which the SS mod adds) are un-assigned and they have nothing else to do.

I build a chair near the madame's desk and just sat there for few in-game days (I basically went to afk), but there wasn't any income in safe at all. The Brothel was full of NPCs, but that's about it.  :confused:

I wish the RSE mod page would offer slightly more information on how the Brothel actually works.  I'm sure its explained somewhere in the RSE topic, but scrolling through ~74 pages worth of posts doesn't sound quite appealing.

edit.

Here's another (very) quick Brothel design that I tested in the Castle. The basic idea is the same, 1 bigger room for Madame's Desk, Guard rugs and Brothel Safe, and 2 separate rooms for the prostitutes.

Same results: NPCs do visit the Brothel and loiter around the Madame's Desk, but the prostitutes get no clients and wont generate any income.

I'm sorry, i can't help with that atm as i'm not there yet to test it for myself. The info about the sign was in the MCM part (if i remember correctly).

Thndrwlker got it running fine (see post #74).

Maybe you should ask in the support thread of RSE as the guys there got further in regards to RSE than me.

Looking at the pics there might be a problem with the design. First there might be not enough room for the NPC to actually reach the bed (ran into that problem once or twice myself), second it might be that you need a double bed for that to work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Completed post #3 (Tools and Mod Managers)

Might change that later on in regards to Vortex - but that might only happen when Vortex got several updates to make it run without causing trouble (in other words in one or two years). 

4 hours ago, Jordick said:

I did build one to the doorway as a decoration (if we're talking about the vanilla neon "OPEN" sign). But I wasn't aware that the Brothel needs one, because I didn't notice it being mentioned in the RSE description. Does it have to be near the Madame's desk or something?

As for the prostitution rugs, do they have any range restrictions?  Like I mentioned, I have 2 separate rooms for the prostitutes. Both rooms have beds and the prostitution rugs are placed right next to those beds. My prostitutes do stand on their post, but they wont get any clients.

I even removed all the Sim Settlement building plots from my settlement to make sure that the SS scripts wont interfere with the Brothel scrips and my settlers (and the visitors which the SS mod adds) are un-assigned and they have nothing else to do.

I build a chair near the madame's desk and just sat there for few in-game days (I basically went to afk), but there wasn't any income in safe at all. The Brothel was full of NPCs, but that's about it.  :confused:

I wish the RSE mod page would offer slightly more information on how the Brothel actually works.  I'm sure its explained somewhere in the RSE topic, but scrolling through ~74 pages worth of posts doesn't sound quite appealing.

edit.

Here's another (very) quick Brothel design that I tested in the Castle. The basic idea is the same, 1 bigger room for Madame's Desk, Guard rugs and Brothel Safe, and 2 separate rooms for the prostitutes.

Same results: NPCs do visit the Brothel and loiter around the Madame's Desk, but the prostitutes get no clients and wont generate any income.

Short reply, IMO the 2 mandatory items are  "Brothel Safe" and "Hooker ring" with those 2 it should work.

Long reply.

I've never used the brothel sign, I've always disabled it in the MCM menu.

Build a Brothel safe (Mandatory) The range of the safe is quite big, you shouldn't have any problem about hookers not earning caps because of the distance.

About the rugs,  I normally place one just for doing it but I don't even assign any hooker to it. If I remember correctly, Flashy wrote sometime back that they weren't necessary. The important thing is the "Hooker ring" give one to each prostitute. That's what turns them into hookers, you can give them to guards, barman, doctors, they will work either way xD like doing their daily routine and then someone asking them for sex and well... and at night when they stop working they wander looking for customers xD.  You can even give the hooker ring to provisioners and it will work too... You will have chances to find them making Bj to raiders in the middle of nowhere although since they will be away from the safe the money won't be earned. All of this works with settlers assigned to Sim Settlements plots. It will also work with unemployed settlers.

I run low population settlements and I don't feel like building madame desks, I feel like a 10-15 people settlement doesn't need to have a brothel but  one or a couple of hookers.

Again, since I don't build brothels the guards rugs aren't necessary. 2 Normal guards from the settlement are enough to make count even those from SS martial plots.

So in conclusion I suppose you've forgotten to give them rings or build the safe or there is something wrong with your game. Btw nice brothel you've built.

WOW thank you so much, i tried pretty much all the guides from here and they all assume you kinda know what you are doing or just waste 20 minutes rambling, yours is direct to the point and perfectly detailed in all steps, again thank you our lord and savior!

MellowDangerousAfghanhound-size_restrict 

*Looks over the shoulder*

Lord and savior? Where?

?

On the serious side. I tried to make it as easy as possible for the 'normal' user who doesn't even know where to begin. That's why i also included post #4 to give even total beginners a good starting point (although even experts might find something useful there). I've been adding mods to the games from Bethesda for many years now, but combining all the mods here almost drove me nuts. 

Removed 'Mod Managers' from 'Tools and Mod Managers'. They were just additional info but i felt they were not adding enough to this thread. So i changed that to 'Tools' as those are way more important.

Will now add some mods to post #1 that will enhance the game and work very well with the whole AAF package.

22 hours ago, Kythana said:

It threw an error message about 'Animation Failed' and some init. But an animation was played and it only happened with Supermutants. Sorry, that i can't be more specific about that bug. But you'll find a screenshot under 'Animation Failed' in post #2 (our section for Troubleshooting).

Got it - thanks.  I looked at that version's source code, they had some bugs in their error checking that caused it to produce error messages when things were actually working. 

15 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Got it - thanks. 

No thanks necessary. In the end it was you who helped me with your mod. :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, this should be the last update for now. Will check both untested functions of RSE, and hopefully we'll get to 1.0.0 in a few days.

'Troubleshooting' will never be finished and its sibling has been pinned to the top (Wohoo, champagne for all). So i'll have to update both instances in the future as soon as i find more pics and fixes for that thread.

ok, so I followed you guide and I am still having an issue you may be able to help with. everything seems to work fine until I lose a fight to muties.

1) I surrender

2) muties move close

3) I take damage (limb)

4) fade to black

5) fade back and get message pop ups

a) attackers are running away   and/or

b) you should leave the area

6) no sexual assault even if I have the outcome set to 100% rape

@Matata

#3 is either that the SM havn't realized yet that you surrendered (the script needs some time for that) or the timewindow for the movement and duration of the animation was already used up when the last SM arrived at your position (aka they were way to slow).

#4 is normal

#5 should be after the animation. But that points to them being too slow or you being in a position thats hard for the AI to reach (another thing Bethesda isn't  good at).

Deactivate the 'Wait Time' in RSE (somewhere page #9 of the MCM), also raise the 'Pacification Time' (same page) to two minutes. Not a perfect solution but one that helps with that.

21 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@Matata

#3 is either that the SM havn't realized yet that you surrendered (the script needs some time for that) or the timewindow for the movement and duration of the animation was already used up when the last SM arrived at your position (aka they were way to slow).

#4 is normal

#5 should be after the animation. But that points to them being too slow or you being in a position thats hard for the AI to reach (another thing Bethesda isn't really good at).

Deactivate the 'Wait Time' in RSE (somewhere page #9 of the MCM), also raise the 'Pacification Time' (same page) to two minutes. Not a perfect solution but one that helps with that.

that got one part to work... they talk to me then again limb damage.. fade to black

In case you didn't notice it: in Bethesdas CC there's now a T-Shirt Pack for free.

Think about the CC whatever you want - this pack for free is a no brainer...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Should i add a section 'Recommended Settings' for RSE in the first post? Or is that unnecessary?

Has anyone tested out the Solicitation yet, more precisely the Sex 'Em Up Passive prostitution?

I noticed that the feature works if you choose to have the intercourse right on the spot, no problems there. But if you tell the NPC to follow you to more secluded location away from prying eyes, the NPC just ignores that and keeps minding his/her own business. Again, I'm using the Sim Settlements mod, which is very script heavy mod, so it might cause some conflicts with the scripts.

Just wanted to drop by and ask if someone who's not using the Sim Settlements or any other script heavy mod is having similar problem with the Sex 'Em Up prostitution.

ps. Also wanted to share this. The quality isn't that good, because I'm not using any reshaders or ENBs. The common problem with ReShaders and ENBs is that they drop the fps down dramatically and I'm literally unable to play PC games if the fps drops below ~50 fps because I start to feel nauseous.

@Jordick

That worked here fine. The only script-heavy one i got is 'Transfer Settlements'.

Very nice picture. I might borrow an idea (or two) from these. So keep them coming...

@2Dimm

OK. One confirmation is enough to add a few sentences. But this will take a while. I just ran into a problem while testing new textures (BodyTalk) for the guys...

I expected the quality of something like this:

Aylis07.png.badc8d53e3544df6a9b3822be205537b.png

But even Garvey doesn't deserve this:

GarveyBug.png.be8cf26692a048885dca074cb2508503.png