AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

12 hours ago, Kythana said:

@Kingkiller105

1. Your loadorder is all over the place. There's a reason why i don't use something like LOOT and group mods (as seen in post #1). It makes Troubleshooting so much easier and also sorts itself when it comes to your loadorder.

2. Thats as much help in that regard i'm able to give. You got stuff in there i havn't ever seen before so i can't say anything about them.

@Hippeus

VIS-G and AAF don't have a problem together. Most of the time its the combination of mods you use for the UI that cause all kind of random bugs and crashes (and can drive you nuts). I'll give you a pic of my combination for the UI. Hope it helps a bit.

UI.png.307dcdc7189a40ada28f2f3dc4959afe.png

Maybe i should start a thread like 'Fallout 4 - for Beginners' where i list all my mods and its loadorder. Around 50% of them are already in this thread… ?

Hello Kythana,

first of all many thnks for your tries to help per PN.

Now the question:

Is it possible that i have still problems with AAF that u use Locks Menu 1.6.11 and i 1.6.13 ?

If i use 1.6.11 i get the message that i have a newer gameversion, so have i downgrade the game to the "old" version ?

Regards

P.S. please pardon my bad english in german it was easyer for me :)

FYI :

I have installed and tried 1.6.11 after that i was no longer able to build beds, chairs aso because the icon was vanished.

I think that try have broken my UI.

Does anyone know how to hide AAF´s startup messages? I am talking about these quickly appearing white lines of codes right after you load a save. I have turned off all debugging options, yet it shows. I know what its there for, but it does seem somewhat unimmersive ;)

@Fridolin0815

Everything has to match. Old exe with older mods - New exe with new mods. You can update the game (its for the CC anyway) and as long as you still have the old exe it will work. But if you have the new exe you also have to update F4SE and all the mods which use it.

@akbaa

I doubt thats possible. This check is there only for a few seconds anyway.

Well, considering Fallout 4 decided to update even though it was specifically told not to, I guess I am going to be doing a clean reinstall. I will be following this guide this time to see if I can finally get AAF to work where all other guides failed. I also installed two copies of Fallout 4 this time and convinced Steam the one that I am not using is the one that needs to be updated. The good ole bait n' switch. Update it as much as you want Steam IDGAF.

I will report back if I succeed or fail.

I followed your instructions exactly...and everything works perfectly - thank you very much.

But, I am having an issue with other mods.  I have a few mods that alter the appearance of Sanctuary and Diamond City.  If they are above the AAF mods in load order then parts of Sanctuary and Diamond City flicker in and out of view.  If I install them beneath the AAF mods in load order then Sanctuary and Diamond City look great...but sometimes NPC's that are supposed to travel remain in Sanctuary or Diamond City and I have to manually call them to where they belong.

Any ideas on how this could be resolved?

Thanks,

Eric

Hmm, so I followed the instructions to the letter. I don't seem to be getting many AAF errors though one related to dogs seems to pop up every now and then. Despite it popping up I don't actually seem to have any animation issues there. Only thing I noticed is after some CSAs the encounter never ends and gives me back control of my character. Any idea what could cause that so I can start trying to figure this out?

Will head there and check out that link. I have been trying to catch the error message, but I am slow on the screenshots. I will post the error if I can manage to catch it. Otherwise though, I think this installation was amazing. I will continue testing and tinkering and I will let you know if I fix the issue and how. 

Just two things to sort of be aware of as far as critique:

The “11 AAF Compatibility Patch” now appears to have a few more options and pose packs than was recorded in the image.

For “25 AAF patch for leito and crazy fomod” there were also a lot of options in this fomod that an inexperienced person might mess up.

But like I said. Overall this is the only installation guide that has led me to success. Thank you so very much for this guide.

On 12/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, akbaa said:

Does anyone know how to hide AAF´s startup messages? I am talking about these quickly appearing white lines of codes right after you load a save. I have turned off all debugging options, yet it shows. I know what its there for, but it does seem somewhat unimmersive ;)

I used to get the white lines of code every time I loaded my save game and then I deleted the Documents/MyGames/Fallout4/Logs folder and the Document/MyGames/Falllout4/F4SE folder where papryus logs and F4SE logs are stored and then when I load up a save game the white lines are gone. AAF still works as it usually does. You could try that. Just make backups of those folders before deleting them.  

Hi,

I've had a heck of a time trying to get this mod to run. I won't bore you with the details, but between failed attempts to get this or SexOut running, my installation was so borked that I'm uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game. The problem with mod is the dreaded white screen at character creation fail; I've followed the instructions on the first page of this topic, but I didn't discover it until after my previous installation was getting funky, so I've decided to try again. Every time I've tried to run AAF previously, whether through Vortex or NMM, it's given me white screen; when I check Steam to correct deleted files it always finds that precisely six files have been removed, if that's some sort of clue.

Has any progress been made on this issue since the original post was made? I really want to run AAF.

Incidentally, I tried to get clever and installed AAF and associated mods after the character creation scene; the game ran for a while but it didn't seem to properly trigger sex scenes (I played through three missions of Boston Breeder and never triggered any sex, for example, which doesn't seem right). Eventually I started getting saves that didn't load.

Vortex and NMM got a problem. They often 'forget' files or suddenly a previously working Installation is broken. There is nothing that can be done about it except to switch to a different mod manager.

I had the same problems you mentioned again and again. Then i switched to MO2. No problems anymore...

1 hour ago, Kythana said:

Vortex and NMM got a problem. They often 'forget' files or suddenly a previously working Installation is broken. There is nothing that can be done about it except to switch to a different mod manager.

I had the same problems you mentioned again and again. Then i switched to MO2. No problems anymore...

Oh, OK, if that works then all I meed to do is learn how to use MO2. Thanks!

Error 11.  I have the patch installed. What is the cause of the deficit? Where's the missing one to download? (11-es hiba. Nálam telepített a patch. Mi lehet a hiány oka? Hol van a hiányzó amit le kell tölteni? )

Spoiler

1657440652_Fallout42018-12-2421-57-03-99.jpg.4081bda9caf30c26e3ae1d25dbfa5b2a.jpg

He didn't collapse, he didn't freeze ... he stopped. 200x had pressed enter. ... and went on.  (200x kellett nyomni az entert és tovább ment)

6 hours ago, Kythana said:

A „2. tevékenység” hiányzik a 9-es fájlból. További információ az „AAF hibaelhárítása” című linkben (2. hivatkozás).

Hiba: AAF hiba [011] '' activity2 ''

Néhány animációs csomag referenciaaktivitást2 tartalmaz, amely csak a mintafájlokban létezik. Mindaddig, amíg a mod szerzője nem kijavítja ezt a hibát, telepítenünk kell a mintafájlokat az AAF-ról is.

ez kell a hibára   ? vagy sem. ...  ? For me, this didn't solve the problem. There is a problem with the mutants. Previously, the animations went well ... but for some reason now you are dead or more recently ... doubling ... (Nálam ez nem oldotta meg egy gond. Egy gondolat van egy gond. Korábbi rendesen mentek az animációkról.

Hello again,

I've gotten most things working swimmingly. I've removed the Knockout mods because I didn't really dig them, and I added other things like Boston Breeder and some RSEs, but for the most part I've stuck to your instructions. However, there are a few lingering issues I was hoping someone could clear up for me.

1. Threeway animations don't load -- they just have all three characters  standing in an awkward, rigid pose from one of the pose packs for the duration of the scene.

2. Some creature animations (bloatfly for sure) aren't loading. I thought they existed, but maybe I'm wrong?

3. Lesbian animations don't load as a result of flirting or AAF Prostitution -- everything goes to  a male-female animation with a strapon instead. Preferably I would never, ever see a strapon animation at all. However, uninstalling the strapon mod means the only dialogue I can have with NPCs is for them to ask to be my FourPlay companion...over and over again.

My version of Fallout and my mods are all a few days old at most. Here's my load order, if that helps:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
TortureDevices.esm
AAF.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
Devious Devices.esm
XDI.esm