AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

I've been playing around with the RSE Brothel mechanics lately and I ran into some more problems. (surprise, surprise)

When I assign my Settlers to various RSE Brothel jobs (madame, guard, prostitute) they'll get an item called "Nude Ring" in their inventory. Whenever the NPC equips that ring, this happens:

ZcJkm2g.jpg

jETKrbT.jpg

KHwsGMc.jpg

vvWevNY.jpg

At first I thought that there's something severely wrong with the nude NPC body textures that I'm using, so I used AAF menu for some random sex scenes and the NPCs appeared normal again. This only occurs if the NPC try to equip that Nude Ring.

I am guessing that the Nude Ring object is missing meshes and textures, but I couldn't find the object from the data files.

The problem here is that the NPCs who visit the brothel all seem to get the that Nude Ring in their inventory and they equip it automatically. For example, the NPCs shown in those pictures aren't assigned to the Brothel jobs as they only visited it during the night (those perverts), but they both had that ring equipped. (I don't think they even did anything else apart from just standing there. not sure how the RSE brothel mechanics work, yet).

Anyone else noticed this?

Looks like i have to restart the system. I still can't see any of your pics. BrB.

Back again, restarted system, emptied cache, checked security settings, reloaded the page - and still no pics visible here.

Thats all that shows up here:

error.png.e15ede2ac68b269bffc314f18d79060b.png

As far as i know the brothel is supposed to work with rugs (max. 2 atm). I only looked over that part quickly as i got no settlers atm.

That's weird and slightly frustrating, because I can see them just fine on my both main PC and secondary PC.

Then how about if I attach them to the post?

As a side note and continuation to my earlier post, I noticed another problem with the RSE Brothels and Devious Devices this time. It seems that when I wore some of the DD items and used the services of one of my prostitutes...for testing purposes ("clears throat"), it messed up the scripts somehow. Now my character won't undress during any intercourse. Even my pip-boy hotkey (default:TAB) stopped working.

I'm gonna have try if another clean RSE re-install clears unfinished scripts that the DD messed up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

female1.jpg

female2.jpg

male1.jpg

male2.jpg

NOW i see them. ;)

OK, try that.

If that doesn't help, copy the files from the backup into the game again. Maybe a script went 'poof' and is gone.

If that still doesn't help, deactivate all mods from the list, clean the savegame with the second tool in post #3, and reactivate the mods again. But you will loose some items this way.

In regards to the undress: did you enable the API in RSE?

Another thing: try to make the nude rings from AWKCR at the Armorsmith workbench (category: outfits skimpy slooty / item: One ring to nude them all). If you got the same problem it looks more to be related to the textures.

25 minutes ago, Kythana said:

In regards to the undress: did you enable the API in RSE?

Not sure. The only thing I've changed in the RSE menu was how often the player gets assaulted during combat (lowered it to 1%, because I actually wanted to play the game instead of getting constantly assaulted by raiders) So if the API is disabled by default, then I didn't enable it as it never occurred to me.

The thing is that the player undressing was working properly until I used the Devious Devices items together with the RSE Brothel services.

Ok, try this then: deactivate DD and deactivate the ESP of the DD Manager (we still need the files for RSE).

It would be a total joke if DD is suddenly incompatible with RSE.

Just remembered a thing. You did rebuild the stuff from DD with bodyslide, right?

19 hours ago, Kythana said:

Ok, try this then: deactivate DD and deactivate the ESP of the DD Manager (we still need the files for RSE).

It would be a total joke if DD is suddenly incompatible with RSE.

Just remembered a thing. You did rebuild the stuff from DD with bodyslide, right?

I don't run DD.........

?

2 hours ago, VonHelton said:

I don't run DD.........

I know ;)

Can you tell us why?

Btw one small unrelated thing, you're sometimes hard to understand in your videos (at least for me as a non-native speaker). Getting closer to the mic, or not turning away from it, would help much.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rebuilding everything (done), going on a run without DD.

2 minutes ago, Kythana said:

I know ;)

Can you tell us why?

Btw one small unrelated thing, you're sometimes hard to understand in your videos (at least for me as a non-native speaker). Getting closer to the mic, or not turning away from it, would help much.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rebuilding everything (done), going on a run without DD.

DD literally "came alive" & started locking up my followers & me. Thankfully, it couldn't lock me up 100%, and I was able to free myself & save the game. I then disabled DD for that build.

?

Here's the reason why i recommend having a backup of the necessary files:

1735654145_ErrorCNW-SC.png.e9dc9e7d3ed9c7eaa4269768b9dab6c7.png

For those who don't understand german. I just reinstalled using NMM. Somehow the manager misplaced 12 files and an error popped up (Vortex was even worse in that regard). So always check if you REALLY got everything you need if you reinstall.

I'm still looking into the problem with the Supermutants. Halstrom checked his file and made an update (Thanks again for that). This didn't help us, but at least AAF as a whole is going forward.

Now to rebuild the base (suddenly had 'trapdoors' in the concrete). So be careful if you use scriptheavy mods...

On 11/6/2018 at 10:41 AM, Jordick said:

That's weird and slightly frustrating, because I can see them just fine on my both main PC and secondary PC.

Then how about if I attach them to the post?

As a side note and continuation to my earlier post, I noticed another problem with the RSE Brothels and Devious Devices this time. It seems that when I wore some of the DD items and used the services of one of my prostitutes...for testing purposes ("clears throat"), it messed up the scripts somehow. Now my character won't undress during any intercourse. Even my pip-boy hotkey (default:TAB) stopped working.

I'm gonna have try if another clean RSE re-install clears unfinished scripts that the DD messed up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

female1.jpg

female2.jpg

male1.jpg

male2.jpg

West World?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070909/

Just had a fight between guards and Supermutants. Entered the fray to assist the guards but the SM managed to get a lucky shot and the 'defeated script' (don't know the real name, i just call it that) triggers. You expect that the guards keep on shooting the SM, instead of that they come running and join the gangbang… <Insert insult of your choice here>

Might have to look into that. Maybe the range of the AOE.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Removed RSE to get the bug. Didn't help. Just got the confirmation RSE isn't using that at all.

Going for SEU next.

If this goes on the 'Animation failed' becomes my personal white whale…

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Jordick

Without DD: The ring from RSE didn't work, the one from AWKCR did.

Now going to reinstall DD and we'll see what happens then. Not much atm (the crafted ring didn't have any effect. AWKCR worked).

Seems like i actually have to build the rest for the brothel too...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now something good. Getting babies works and the connected quests too.

Baby.png.04ae5fcfbf71c324c4cea845f0784ae3.png

The nursery got ist first visitor...

Now it gets interesting. There are two different SEU for AAF available here.

The one i got (and linked to) is from a post in a thread somewhere here on LL. The second one is 'more official' and got support. Will test the new version later on...

32 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Now it gets interesting. There are two different SEU for AAF available here.

That's pretty much why installing the AAF and RSE is confusing and intimidating.

The required files are all over the forums which makes them hard to find. And some of them even have multiple different versions from them, so its hard to tell which one to use.

Thats it exactly. Thankfully some modders are extremely helpful. Even got support from one who's making a break atm.

Sometimes it feels a bit like playing dart in complete darkness. You throw the dart in the assumed direction of the target and hope it somehow sticks... 

I killed my white whale! 'Animation failed' is gone!

Almost final results (see below)

Rise of the penis - OK

Using Furniture - OK

Companion Intercourse - OK (Male: OK - Female: OK)

Dog intercourse - OK

Feral intercourse - OK

Ghoul intercourse - OK

Human intercourse - OK

NPC intercourse - OK

Supermutant intercourse - OK 
TD - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

PS - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

DD - OK (Application: OK - Shop: OK)

KF - OK 

FPE - OK (Belly: OK - Baby: OK - Informations: OK - Quests: OK - Start: OK)

CWSS - OK (Animations: OK - Buffs: OK - Shower: OK - Singing: OK - Toilet: OK)

MCM - OK (Everything Shows up and works)

VIS-G - OK
RSE -
OK (Assault: OK - Abductions: OK - BN: OK - Bounty: ? - Book: OK - Brothel: OK - Infamy: OK - Informations: OK - Items: OK - Shenanigans: OK)

SEU - OK (Getting the right version (there are two seperate mods for SEU) was the trick. Updated in post #1)

Missing Actors - none so far

Missing Animations - none so far

Missing Objects - gone 
Animation Failure - gone
Boxer Shorts - gone

The ones with the white 'OK' worked again and again, so those should be stable and cause no trouble. I'll mark them green as soon as i've played a bit and used them (i don't expect any surprises with those anymore). They Grey one was confirmed working by someone else (will still recheck it). The ones with the '?' have requirements i can't fulfill at the moment. For that i'd have level up my char quite a bit (i'm lvl. 13 now, halfway to lvl. 14).

Regarding the supermutants. I finally found the problem and was able to fix it. It was using the 'wrong' SEU. I'll update the link in post #1 to the correct one. The whole time i thought the problem was caused by an animation pack, but it was the mod supposed to make things easier...

Thanks a lot to all the modders who assisted me in that regard (especially the one who broke his absence and gave me the hint i so desperately needed and led me to the discovery of the solution). 

Now the list in post #1 is final.

Should i change something i'll keep you updated in the first line of the first post.

Updating status to 'Release V0.9.9' (Closing in on Release 1.0.0).

The last two things to test are 'Brothel' and 'Bounty hunters' of RSE. The other stuff works.

So, have fun and don't be shy and leave questions or remarks.

One last thing.

If you run into trouble please make a screenshot of the error. That way i'll be able to expand the section for Troubleshooting and we have everything in one place and not bits and pieces somewhere in the middle of the thread. Those won't be found easily in a week or two.

A general question:

Do you think i should change something in the first four posts. Are they OK? Something unnecessary? Split off to a separate thread (with a link to and from there)?

In the end this all is just for you and if i can improve it somehow then tell me your thoughts.

@Kythana  I was looking through your post, specifically the part where you mentioned incompatible mods, and I noticed that you had Unique NPC's listed.  I had the same issue with that mod (dudes spawning jockey shorts...would not be a problem if the damn mod contained loose male bodyslide meshes, but only female meshes are loose), but found that the depreciated version (Unique Female NPC's found at https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19466 ) works very well, as it does not affect male npc's (one simply needs to build the 'outfits' (which are actually the bodies...3 for each faction...Raiders, Gunners, CoA) with your chosen installed BS presets or they all still have the same body). 

Still looking for a way around the male part...it feels patchable, but I have been olympically wrong before, so...anyway, I also use Bodytalk, and while dismemberment seems to work, corpses revert back to 'whole' as soon as you loot the armor/clothes from them, and none of the prosthetics show up...ever.  That being said, I still use Bodytalk (I can live with the setup I have atm) as the meshes are superior to most other male body mods.

Thanks for this thread!  It came to the same conclusions concerning which mods work with which, etc..., as I have on my own through a metric butt-ton of trial and error.  This is pure gold.  

Edit:  Also, I can verify Brothels as working without flaws on my end (358 mods with 229 active plugins).  This was tested with Solicitation both enabled and disabled...with Just Business and without (only mentioned as this mod DOES have conflicts with RSE conversation mechanics).  Still working my way up to infamous for bounty hunters on this build (it worked well in the 4.0, 2.7 Beta)

@Thndrwlkr

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I'll be checking the mod you listed, it sounds very interesting.

Right now i'll just be firing up FO4 to actually play the game - and not to dig through its innards to find and remove another bug.

Might add a small list of recommendations for some mods which complement AAF, RSE, and the rest nicely. But this will come a bit later...