AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

9 minutes ago, wanrandy92 said:

F4SE has been installed correctly. I did recheck it several time. Some of the plugins had been flagged as ESL so I can have more plugin space. 

As for the Fourplay esp, it is from the AAF Compability patches and I ticked Fourplay during install, as Family Planning asked for it. 

What do you mean by the Fourplay ones I had are missing files? Did I install it incorrectly?

You either use Four play or AAF, not both. If the family planning mod was asking for a fourplay mod then you have the wrong version of Family planning if you are using AAF. I didn't look over your load order close enough to see exactly what files they may have been, I was just going by some warnings in your log I saw.

18 minutes ago, walkin said:

You either use Four play or AAF, not both. If the family planning mod was asking for a fourplay mod then you have the wrong version of Family planning if you are using AAF. I didn't look over your load order close enough to see exactly what files they may have been, I was just going by some warnings in your log I saw.

I see. Well. I'll just disable that FP plugins and those that needed it. Hopefully it will help.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I have an amusing 'issue'. Well it was amusing the first few times. I've got AFF all nicely set up; SEU, VanillaFudge, Viol, Prost, and RSE_II. Aside from the laggy scroll of animations initializing when I load a save, which I can live with, I have a strange situation where sex will start randomly with NPCs I'm in normal/quest dialog with. Piper outside Diamond City the first time. Then again when she was talking to the Mayor. And it's happened around four times and bugged several other quest dialogs. The screen slowly fades to black, I get a message box that 'PC is fucking NPC' and since there is already something happening (a conversation) I lose all controls except jump and everything stops/bugs out with the sex not happening and the conversation stopping. I don't suppose anyone might know which mod is the culprit? Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

Edit: Added some screenshots. Perfect example lol, half way through sniping some mutants, fade to black and my view is trapped to that until I hit 'Ok' and then my controls are frozen as my PC walks to a sex scene that never happens.

Spoiler

Fallout4 2019-05-17 09-13-32-74.png

Fallout4 2019-05-17 09-22-20-13.png

Edit2: Arg, after turning everything off just to get my quests done and while waiting for advice, even with everything related to AAF and M.C.G. I get a flow of error messages and 'failed to load' messages as though the save still thinks I have the mods installed. Is it not possible to perform a clean save after disabling AAF?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, Daguy said:

Edit2: Arg, after turning everything off just to get my quests done and while waiting for advice, even with everything related to AAF and M.C.G. I get a flow of error messages and 'failed to load' messages as though the save still thinks I have the mods installed. Is it not possible to perform a clean save after disabling AAF?

Use 'Fallrim Tools' (link in Tools) to clean your savegame and save it under a different name.

11 minutes ago, Chaos7h30ry said:

ok I have a problem, I've got AAF and all I need really to use AAF but I don't get any scenes everyone stands still is there any Animation unpack I need to do like skyrim's FNIS?

People will need more information, myself included. What mods you grabbed, is there text still on your screen on the left when you load a game, load order etc etc. More times than not, actors just standing there is a F4SE problem. Double check to make sure that this has been installed correctly.

19 hours ago, walkin said:

People will need more information, myself included. What mods you grabbed, is there text still on your screen on the left when you load a game, load order etc etc. More times than not, actors just standing there is a F4SE problem. Double check to make sure that this has been installed correctly.

nevermind I cleared it up I started a new game and all is working

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mashup47 said:

press the HomeKey and your option should appear on screen.

Yeah, thanks, but i've already figured it out. Now i have another problem though, i posted it in Troubleshooting AAF if you're interested.

I just want to say that for all @Kythana's bullshit about BT being worse than other body mods because it didn't have dismember, it's really funny watching this guide fall into complete disarray and lack of maintenence... Especially since they had such a condescending attitude with me (and others) about their misinformation and stupidity... Meanwhile I've been thriving and making strides....

Kythana,

GET DEADED ON BITCH!!!

15 minutes ago, Schranza21 said:

Hello

The page of AAF RSEE Vol. 5 is dead

fail.JPG.b34502ec5080cdf05b509d3799eed102.JPG

Does anyone have a link or download link?

You'll be looking for this: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/121370-aaf-flashy-depreciated-mods-repository-rse-and-autonomy/.  I would advice you to use the updated version of  RSE Elements Vol.5 which can be found here:https://www.loverslab.com/topic/121675-aaf-rse-ii-random-shenanigans-062119/ . As the one your looking for is no longer supported by the Flashy.

14 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

You'll be looking for this: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/121370-aaf-flashy-depreciated-mods-repository-rse-and-autonomy/.  I would advice you to use the updated version of  RSE Elements Vol.5 which can be found here:https://www.loverslab.com/topic/121675-aaf-rse-ii-random-shenanigans-062119/ . As the one your looking for is no longer supported by the Flashy.

Thx for help

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:42 AM, jaeos said:

@Kythana half of your mod list for aaf has been killed off by the authors. I didn't get most of them but i did find where they moved to. 

AAF Chapters

Looks menu << f4se updated

MCM  << F4se updated

I'm still getting things sorted and found but damn

AAF was moved to nexus

these are the only 3 that need changing after the CC update BS that i know of anyway.

I was afraid something like this would happen after an update...

But i'm going to finish Skyrim SE first, then i'll have to take a closer look on FO4 again before i even start to add mods from LL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 8:09 AM, Kythana said:

I was afraid something like this would happen after an update...

But i'm going to finish Skyrim SE first, then i'll have to take a closer look on FO4 again before i even start to add mods from LL.

Just to let you know when you get back into FO4 Kythana, there is now a proven incompatibility between AAF and VIS-G, specifically in conjunction with Halstrom's Themes. Themes adds a couple dozen new animated icons to the interface folder, and this is enough combined with VIG-G to send the UI scaleform over the edge and cause consistant CTDs when switching tabs in the Pip-Boy between Data and Items. Much as I hated to, I have to switch back to the original VIS to stop this.

8 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

Just to let you know when you get back into FO4 Kythana, there is now a proven incompatibility between AAF and VIS-G, specifically in conjunction with Halstrom's Themes. Themes adds a couple dozen new animated icons to the interface folder, and this is enough combined with VIG-G to send the UI scaleform over the edge and cause consistant CTDs when switching tabs in the Pip-Boy between Data and Items. Much as I hated to, I have to switch back to the original VIS to stop this.

Ah, is that what causes that? I was running into it but I don't think I ever was able to isolate the issue.

9 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

I've been doing a testrun with a reduced setup and found no problem (yet?).

Spoiler

FO4-1.png.4fbe4104400b1ba98ab57271cdb08d00.png

FO4-2.png.0d1516d1fc9e2c89c392d42da58a2ea9.png

Maybe the mod 'Vault Girl Interface' somehow fixes the problem?

4 hours ago, Kythana said:

I've been doing a testrun with a reduced setup and found no problem (yet?).

<snip>

Maybe the mod 'Vault Girl Interface' somehow fixes the problem?

Are you kidding me? I have (had) the same setup as you except for the Vault Girl Interface, and I constantly crash switching between Inventory and Data in the Pip-Boy. I had a few more AAF mods (MCG then RSEII at one point), but I did narrow the problem down to AAF/Themes and VIS-G, . Gambit himself has said that the setup of VIS-G is just below the scaleform overload limit. I'm curious how Vault Girl can make such a difference. I would love to find some workaround, because I have a few mods that I consider essential that work best with VIS-G, like Weaponsmith and Armorsmith.

UPDATE: I feel like the straight guy in the room after a funny joke was told, and I just now finally got it. I found the reason why I'm crashing with VIS-G and AAF, and I didn't need Vault Girl Interface as a work around, though I do like the look of it and will be keeping it in my loadout. I am seriously wondering how many people who have reported this CTD problem... use a gamepad.

Just for S&G I switched over to default keyboard/mouse configuration, and no crashes on tab switching, not a one. So apparently VIS-G/DEF_UI hates gamepads, at least with other interface mods loaded as well.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:57 PM, Adviser69 said:

Dang, so this is the issue I've been having for the last few months? I've been trying to find a solution for this for quite a while now. Now I know what's the problem, that will help me adjust my modlist accordingly.

2 hours ago, wanrandy92 said:

Dang, so this is the issue I've been having for the last few months? I've been trying to find a solution for this for quite a while now. Now I know what's the problem, that will help me adjust my modlist accordingly.

I had never moved to VIS-G till I was trying to find the answer to this problem while using the original VIS.

What I ended up doing was removing most of the recommended pose animations that was listed here.

Chose the one with the least amount of poses.

Forgot to add I also removed some of the older four play related animations.

Still using VIS, but I have not had a CTD.