[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

Sorry but I'm having some trouble with the mod, every time I create a character and choose in the game rules menu to set the game rule to start as a dark elf option, then begin the game as a dark elf but every time that I do my character always receives the dark elf trait, retinues, portraits and so on but not the religion, the religion is always says "nonreligion", so I'm like confused do I need another mod to make it work or am I doing something wrong? 

Not sure if this falls under "working as intended", but with the eilistraee reformed faith, specifically the moondance ritual, religious authority quickly goes bananas.

I'm currently sitting at 303% religious authority from that alone, because, and i can only speculate here, it appears that every vassal following this religions, as well as their mothers, pets and carrots spam the shit out of the ritual.

Apart from that slight headache great mod, and thank you for maintaining both this and DWF.

7 hours ago, Thunder_Jakz12 said:

Sorry but I'm having some trouble with the mod, every time I create a character and choose in the game rules menu to set the game rule to start as a dark elf option, then begin the game as a dark elf but every time that I do my character always receives the dark elf trait, retinues, portraits and so on but not the religion, the religion is always says "nonreligion", so I'm like confused do I need another mod to make it work or am I doing something wrong? 

image.png

image.png

Tested it with and without Holy Fury, both versions. Everything looks good. Something's borked on your end.

2 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

image.png

image.png

Tested it with and without Holy Fury, both versions. Everything looks good. Something's borked on your end.

Yeah I know I'm using all the DLCs but everytime I try what you tried I get the "noreligion" as my religion it's weird, I think I might just delete the mod and reinstall it and see if that makes a difference. I will let you know again soon.

Ok well I kinda have a completely new and different problem now and that problem is that I first started deleting the mod and redownloaded it and now every time that I check mark off to mod list and start the game it no longer works for some reason. Like I have the mod enabled but when you start the game it wouldn't work at all, in ruler designer there is no dark elf culture nor the religion, in the game rules tab there is now no game rules related to the mod "House of Irae" so it kinda like deeply confused. Please help.. 

3 hours ago, Thunder_Jakz12 said:

Ok well I kinda have a completely new and different problem now and that problem is that I first started deleting the mod and redownloaded it and now every time that I check mark off to mod list and start the game it no longer works for some reason. Like I have the mod enabled but when you start the game it wouldn't work at all, in ruler designer there is no dark elf culture nor the religion, in the game rules tab there is now no game rules related to the mod "House of Irae" so it kinda like deeply confused. Please help.. 

Did you download the full version or the update?

8 hours ago, Thunder_Jakz12 said:

I think.....update verison or whatever one was the second last one. The standalone one I think it was....

If you deleted your mod folder, then it wont do anything. The upgrade versions are for those who already have it installed but want to download and install a very small zip file instead of the entire mod. Grab the full version.

14 hours ago, xereon said:

I don't know if has been already reported, but with this mod enabled (DWF edition) my game CDT when clicking on a great work icon (it will take few secs like it's trying to do something, fail and crash)

I have this (DWF edition) + DWF + a few other mods and it doesn't crash. So you either use the DWF edition without DWF (can this cause crashes?) or you have another conflicting mod. Or your game files are corrupted, let Steam recheck them.

1 hour ago, nugerumon said:

I have this (DWF edition) + DWF + a few other mods and it doesn't crash. So you either use the DWF edition without DWF (can this cause crashes?) or you have another conflicting mod. Or your game files are corrupted, let Steam recheck them.

I've a fresh install of CK2, done the recheck, also i'm only using DWF mods (from that mod front page) and none others; disabling House Irae DWF edition the game works just fine (no crash when clicking on Great Works), it happens only with that. 

EDIT: i've just found out that the CDT will happen only with Great Pyramids, no other great works seems to be affected 

Attached there are 2 screenshots of mods I've currently enabled 

mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

1 hour ago, xereon said:

EDIT: i've just found out that the CDT will happen only with Great Pyramids, no other great works seems to be affected 

That's oddly specific... and I have to admit that I haven't built any pyramids yet, so maybe that's why my game didn't crash ?

1 hour ago, nugerumon said:

That's oddly specific... and I have to admit that I haven't built any pyramids yet, so maybe that's why my game didn't crash ?

Indeed it is; if you don't mind, can you start a new game, go to Egypt and click on Great Pyramids of Giza to see if that happen to you? 

1 hour ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Fixed. DWF Edition had an older version of the religion features file.

Thanks!

Turns out I also had a religion features file in a different mod because I wanted 4 doctrines selectable and I had to change that too. Fucking Pyramids. Where did they come from? ? But that probably also means that the features file from the other mod is used. Great. ? Maybe I just delete that.

4 minutes ago, nugerumon said:

Sooo... when starting a new game, clicking the pyramids works.

What would I need to do to make it work in an existing save? Is it even possible? If it's related to the religion features, can you give more details? I'm Lilithanist (or whatever the name) but I used the "Religion Manager" to toggle some features....

I haven't tested it with a saved game. It should probably work (no promises) with previous save files, as the only change was to add in a missing religion feature.

15 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I haven't tested it with a saved game. It should probably work (no promises) with previous save files, as the only change was to add in a missing religion feature.

I sneaked an edit in my post ?

Everything is fine now as far as I can tell.

Dark Elfs seem to have a problem with temple/burgher inheritance.

Everytime one of my temple/city vassals die I inherit their holdings, they never seem to procreate like vassals in the normal CK2. 

This problem persists through the entirety of my 200plus years game so far, on every level of government i have been ( county of Meleguil << Duchy of Provence << Kingdom of Provence << Empire of Occitania ) AND it happened on both non and reformed Lolth worship.. 

Not a big thing, just annoying as fuck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, seems the new update 1.14.3 (with DWF) conficts with other more-slots-reformation mods.

After several trials to figure out the confict, I find that when I choose both of them, the more-slots-reformation mod only shows part of the slots and the reform button suggests  I have to fill out all reformations slots...

Here is the link for that mod  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1567837690

Could you please look into the issue? Many thanks for your interesting mod.

5 hours ago, funnyxmas said:

Hi, seems the new update 1.14.3 (with DWF) conficts with other more-slots-reformation mods.

After several trials to figure out the confict, I find that when I choose both of them, the more-slots-reformation mod only shows part of the slots and the reform button suggests  I have to fill out all reformations slots...

Here is the link for that mod  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1567837690

Could you please look into the issue? Many thanks for your interesting mod.

solved this via:

1. delete mod\HouseIrae-DWF\gfx\interface\religion_reformation.gui
  2. delete mod\HouseIrae-DWF\common\religion_features folder
On 5/3/2019 at 6:10 AM, Canaris said:

Dark Elfs seem to have a problem with temple/burgher inheritance.

Everytime one of my temple/city vassals die I inherit their holdings, they never seem to procreate like vassals in the normal CK2. 

This problem persists through the entirety of my 200plus years game so far, on every level of government i have been ( county of Meleguil << Duchy of Provence << Kingdom of Provence << Empire of Occitania ) AND it happened on both non and reformed Lolth worship.. 

Not a big thing, just annoying as fuck. 

If temple/city vassal holdings are going to you, it sounds like an issue where they can't set proper succession laws. Check the succession law for the city/temple vassals, if it's one of the normal feudal ones then that'd be the culprit. City vassals should be on open elective I think, can't remember what temples should have.

11 hours ago, conco said:

If temple/city vassal holdings are going to you, it sounds like an issue where they can't set proper succession laws. Check the succession law for the city/temple vassals, if it's one of the normal feudal ones then that'd be the culprit. City vassals should be on open elective I think, can't remember what temples should have.

Well i deleted that save a loong time ago but i think it was set to enatic open for some reason.. 

Any way to get House Irae to work with the random starts added in Holy Fury?

The Elder Dragon Empire from Dark World Fantasy works fine but House Irea disappears on a random start, so I figure there must be someway to get it working.