[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

23FEB20

Enhancements:

Kekvit's Christmas/Hannukah/Birthday gift is now available all year round, instead of having to wait until August (real time) to get it.
(Tentacle Dreams) Kekvit's Christmas/Hannukah/Birthday gift is now no longer immune to tentacles. Enjoy.
The Irae Genealogy artifact's effects now trigger 20% of the time (down from 50%).
Female rulers who choose the stat increase boon with Kekvit will now receive a child as well.
Added pronounciation help in the Book of Lore.
The Spurned Sister invasion just got a lot harder to deal with.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed some religion localisation errors.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@lockeslylcrit I feel like I should mention this. I accidentally adopted a kid from house Irae while I was trying to get some of their artifacts and now my character (baseline human) randomly sires drow kids with non-drow mothers. Not all of my kids but so far two out of 8 kids (god I love polygamy) had the dark elf trait and portrait. 

I used the console to remove the trait but still.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:35 PM, Honourable596 said:

@lockeslylcrit I feel like I should mention this. I accidentally adopted a kid from house Irae while I was trying to get some of their artifacts and now my character (baseline human) randomly sires drow kids with non-drow mothers. Not all of my kids but so far two out of 8 kids (god I love polygamy) had the dark elf trait and portrait. 

I used the console to remove the trait but still.

@lockeslylcrit Ah, addendum. I sired a kid with the portrait and trait after I got all the artifacts and made sure that I didn't adopt the kid by accident. This being after I restarted the save I should mention.

I have however invited a priestess of Eilistraee into my realm and married her (1 kid so far, half-elf).

Edit: At this point I'm pretty sure that it's one of the artifacts that does that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Odd enough, if I start a game then Kekvit's portrait in the Irae window is some random human child portrait, along with the rest of the Irae. Game crashes shortly after opening the window, but upon restarting and simply bringing the window back up, the Irae menu is fine and works fine, but instead of Irae shown as Emperor it shows some random human with Dark Elf culture - as in, it replaces Irae in the menu. I've only got running House Irae, DWR, Fantasia, and those Fantasia extras. Have I done something wrong?

16 hours ago, Harshey said:

Odd enough, if I start a game then Kekvit's portrait in the Irae window is some random human child portrait, along with the rest of the Irae. Game crashes shortly after opening the window, but upon restarting and simply bringing the window back up, the Irae menu is fine and works fine, but instead of Irae shown as Emperor it shows some random human with Dark Elf culture - as in, it replaces Irae in the menu. I've only got running House Irae, DWR, Fantasia, and those Fantasia extras. Have I done something wrong?

Random/Shattered World?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 1986745123456789 said:

I know this is a question that probably doesn't get asked often, but does this mod require LF? or can it be used without it?

thx in advance

House Irae is completely stand-alone, but can function perfectly with LF.

• 2 weeks later...

19JUL20

New Additions:

Added racial seeding options to Random/Shattered World starts. This will take effect when you start the game. Compatibility with Luxuria Fantasia's racial seeding. Seeding will not occur if Religion/Culture Names are set to anything other than Historical.
Kekvit will now react appropriately to banishing a certain Luxuria Fantasia NPC.

Enhancements:

Gamerule-based culture/religion seeding will now only occur if you're starting a normal, non-Random/Shattered World start.

Bug Fixes:

Added mother_minor_rest to Belladonna and Freya.

I'm having a problem with the Random and Shattered world racial seeding. The Option to set to partial or full is greyed out with all historical settings for culture and religion.

I've tried both shattered and Random worlds while using only the house Irae mod but also with LF enabled. LF racial seeding works except for the House Irae checkbox seems to not spawn those races even with it ticked.

CK2 version is 3.3.3

HIseeding.png

I wonder, can you roll as a Vhaeraun traitor priestess? In DnD that was a thing about Vhaeraun, he had some Lolth priestesses working for him. In a sense he was the egalitarian one, even if his followers were not always like that, though same could be said about Eilistraee's followers, and that also depends on which lore piece we are talking about, but anyway.  

11 hours ago, Sielgaudys said:

I wonder, can you roll as a Vhaeraun traitor priestess? In DnD that was a thing about Vhaeraun, he had some Lolth priestesses working for him. In a sense he was the egalitarian one, even if his followers were not always like that, though same could be said about Eilistraee's followers, and that also depends on which lore piece we are talking about, but anyway.  

Currently, no. In House Irae lore, Vhaeraun is very patriarchal, but in Forgotten Realms lore he is very egalitarian. While House Irae does take plenty of elements from FR, it's decidedly not FR.

But considering I'm now a dev on the Faerun mod, expect to see a Faerun-compatible version of House Irae sometime in the future.

14 hours ago, Sielgaudys said:

It's still a thing, and the (blatantly smearing and intentionally false) books that messed the drow pantheon by warping all the previous lore were entirely retconned, and deservingly so. Eilistraee and Vhaeraun both don't penalize people in terms of gender. Even though Vhaeraunites are more often than not patriarchal (because Vhaeraun draws more male followers than female, since he still focuses on "evil" stuff, and a female drow that wants to remain like that has little to gain from following Vhaeraun). Eilistraeans, meanwhile, tend to be a nurturing matriarchy as a foil to Lolth's unflattering representation of women in power. Eilistraee has also male priests now.

• 2 weeks later...

How would I go about creating a single NPC House Irae Lolth realm with dark elf portraits in a Shattered World/Random World game?  For competition against the usual suspects like tentacle monsters, etc.  I don't want the dark elf religion/culture appearing with human portraits.