[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

3 hours ago, boxerdemon said:

Plenty of mods incorporate things that do not break further tweaks/mods to that aspect. It is not unreasonable to ask the developer of the mod who has removed the ability to use other files/mods/whatever to state further modifications break the program in order to save time for people who are actively trying to break the game in order to find faults. The fact that the creator has immediately resorted to snide condescension lets me know their thoughts on the matter, so I'll go away and cease fiddling with this mod. There are plenty of other modifications to this game that I can fiddle with.

I was not asking for support. I was stating a break with a popular workshop modification. It would be a courtesy if the creator would update their mod page and  OP to reflect clear incompatibilities that are "by design". Y'know, like a ton of other mods on this site do. To assume I was demanding assistance to get another mod to work is asinine and reflects a defensive stance that is unwarranted. 

tl;dr: lulz calm down nerd

Cool story, bro.

Yes, you're being unreasonable. Expecting/demanding that modders do stuff for you, including listing out detailed compatibilities for who knows what other mods on the Workshop or elsewhere, is being an entitled jerk, or at least the way you're coming across with it.

Here's a story from me - you know we do this stuff in our spare time and share it with people here simply because we're nice people, not because we get paid or get anything else out of it. It's involved work, and if you think it's easy go do it yourself. Now, why do I get annoyed with this? Because it's entitled whiny jerks that convince modders to stop doing work for the rest of us who might just happen to appreciate the time they've spent for our enjoyment. 

tl;dr: Stop being an entitled ass

Just downloaded the latest version after updating CK2 and once again, I wanted to thank you for all the work you've put into this and your other mods. I love the changes you've made since last time I played, and I'm barely even a hundred years into the first game I started. Out of curiosity, do you ever plan on adding Kekvit's other sister to the game? 

On 12/18/2018 at 2:02 AM, lockeslylcrit said:

You're gonna have to be a little more specific on the definition of stable.

Dark elves are essentially just humans, mechanically speaking. There are only a few things that require you to be a dark elf or a half elf, namely the Spurned Sister starting event chain.

I meant if playing a Dark Elv increases the chance of technical issues due to incompatibilities with vanilla mechanics.

I started a new game as a female drow (Lolth) and noticed a few potentially game-breaking bugs, but I'm not sure if they're due to the fact that I don't have HF yet... 

I'm running DWF, DWE, House Irae, and my usual set of portrait swapping mods (French use english faces, etc. none of which have ever cvaused issues.) and when I create a new title that's a hgher tier than my primary title, the succession laws default to agnatic primogeniture and stay that way. Similarly, when I reform the Lolth religion, the succession laws default to gavelkind, and all my drow priestesses lose their holdings. 

Before I decided to bother you with this, I turned off anything that might caused a problem such as auto-build, no tribes, family heirlooms, etc. Even the portrait mods, which never caused issues in the past. So... When I ran my latest test, it was just DWF, DWE, House Irae, and all CK2 DLC except for HF. My game is up to date, I'm running the latest version of all three mods, and the issues I described are still happening. Makes it really difficult to create the massive drow Empire I'm going for :P

2 hours ago, R0nin78 said:

I started a new game as a female drow (Lolth) and noticed a few potentially game-breaking bugs, but I'm not sure if they're due to the fact that I don't have HF yet... 

I'm running DWF, DWE, House Irae, and my usual set of portrait swapping mods (French use english faces, etc. none of which have ever cvaused issues.) and when I create a new title that's a hgher tier than my primary title, the succession laws default to agnatic primogeniture and stay that way. Similarly, when I reform the Lolth religion, the succession laws default to gavelkind, and all my drow priestesses lose their holdings. 

Before I decided to bother you with this, I turned off anything that might caused a problem such as auto-build, no tribes, family heirlooms, etc. Even the portrait mods, which never caused issues in the past. So... When I ran my latest test, it was just DWF, DWE, House Irae, and all CK2 DLC except for HF. My game is up to date, I'm running the latest version of all three mods, and the issues I described are still happening. Makes it really difficult to create the massive drow Empire I'm going for :P

Most likely what's happened is that you have files from older versions of the mods still in there. Try deleting your HouseIrae mod's folder and reinstalling the latest version. That was the case for someone else who had the same issue - they had an old version of the succession laws file still from an older/outdated version of HI that hadn't been deleted because it's no longer used in the mod.

7 hours ago, Aliris said:

Most likely what's happened is that you have files from older versions of the mods still in there. Try deleting your HouseIrae mod's folder and reinstalling the latest version. That was the case for someone else who had the same issue - they had an old version of the succession laws file still from an older/outdated version of HI that hadn't been deleted because it's no longer used in the mod.

That's definitely not the issue for me. I deleted all my mods after updating CK2 and installed a fresh copy of everything before I started playing. I downloaded the full version of HI's newest version and started with that.

By the way, thanks for all the work you did on Toska's old mod. I know it was a mess, because I tried fixing it myself a few times and didn't get very far.

6 hours ago, R0nin78 said:

That's definitely not the issue for me. I deleted all my mods after updating CK2 and installed a fresh copy of everything before I started playing. I downloaded the full version of HI's newest version and started with that.

By the way, thanks for all the work you did on Toska's old mod. I know it was a mess, because I tried fixing it myself a few times and didn't get very far.

Well what you're probably looking for is something in the /common/laws/ folder that overrides the succession_laws.txt (and would be named exactly that). That's generally the culprit when default succession laws go awry.

3 hours ago, Aliris said:

Well what you're probably looking for is something in the /common/laws/ folder that overrides the succession_laws.txt (and would be named exactly that). That's generally the culprit when default succession laws go awry.

I went through all of my mods and none of them contain such a file.

If I'm not mistaken, the succession laws are included in the drow_laws.txt file now in order to avoid overwriting succession_laws.txt, so I looked at that file and I'm not finding anything wrong with the code. Is it possible it's just not working properly, because I don't have HF yet?

You made "Bigger Interface" a requirement for this mod, even if not a hard one, but on said requirement's download page on the Workshop it's clearly stated it needs a resolution of 1920x1080 or greater to work properly. My monitor's maximum resolution is 1600x900, do I need to download Bigger Interface anyway or is it needed only for screens with more pixels than mine?

5 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

You made "Bigger Interface" a requirement for this mod, even if not a hard one, but on said requirement's download page on the Workshop it's clearly stated it needs a resolution of 1920x1080 or greater to work properly. My monitor's maximum resolution is 1600x900, do I need to download Bigger Interface anyway or is it needed only for screens with more pixels than mine?

It works fine without Bigger Interface mod, it is in dependencies purely for compatibility reasons iirc

10 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

A dependency is not a hard requirement. It only has Bigger Interface as a dependency to prevent the Holy Fury reformation screen from being overwritten if you use Bigger Interface.

Hi, Lockeslycrit.
Maybe, it's a bit outdated question but still. I've updated ur mod after a short amount of busy time(1month), and i'm really excited to see new stuff, including fantasy mod and also a bunch of mods from other authors? creators? anyway, I really appreciate your job guys, since there not so many mods that inludes some lewd and magical stuff in the game, it's great to see how your vision changes the game and expands it to a new angles.

To the question though, Is there a way to turn off 3 doctrines reform mod that integrated in your mod ? The thing is, I like to play with 6 and after update, it didn't seem to recognise 6 doctrines mod cause it uses 3 doctrines that integrated in your mod. Will wait for your advice, thanks)
P.S. Oh, and Happy New year :J
Q

10 minutes ago, Quazar said:

To the question though, Is there a way to turn off 3 doctrines reform mod that integrated in your mod ? The thing is, I like to play with 6 and after update, it didn't seem to recognise 6 doctrines mod cause it uses 3 doctrines that integrated in your mod. Will wait for your advice, thanks)
P.S. Oh, and Happy New year :J
Q

No.

If you want anything more than three reforms to work, you will have to copy and paste the .gui file as well as the buttons = { } line from the religion features file.

'Tis a shame this is so incompatible with mods like anime portrait mods since it's jarring to have 3D renders with drawings (partial to the drawings tho, good stuff). Do you all have a portrait mod that affects regular humans? I know I can use DW:F and I have, I just wish there was something there for regular humans.

So, in my surface Elf of Finland game, the Spurned sister appeared with 10k and got her ass kicked by my big bad neighbor Sweden. Unified Sweden+Denmark is scary, they and their vassals can have something like 18k of naked vikings rushing to their death.

I also had to abandon my Dark Elf game, because as a follower of Lolth i encounter two major problems :

1. Except for my chaplain and spymaster, i had to give my councilor positions to men.

2. When i create a superior title (duchy to kingdom in my case), my succession type change from Enatic Open to Agnatic Open, which is troublesome.

Could i have a little help on that ?

Is there a plan for implementing "Take hostile action" feature to Irae, and by extension, Elder Forest in DWF? It just dawned on me that those two features are missing for our off-map powers :)

In-game effect-wise, it doesn't have to look so different from the base game's China. Loot the place, open the trade route, conquer these two places for constant flow of grace, other boons and installing your dynasty as the rulers of those land, etc.

Flavor-wise it can range from your regular rampaging horde going through this place for loots and other benefits or whatever you seem plausible within your Irae lore. Holy Crusade by Ellastean religion? Fight to please the dark elven goddess? Heck it could just be an spurned Orc War-chief who fell in love with the matron, trying to force personal confrontation with her.

What are you thoughts on this?

4 hours ago, DrMojoDoc said:

Holy Crusade by Ellastean religion? Fight to please the dark elven goddess? Heck it could just be an spurned Orc War-chief who fell in love with the matron, trying to force personal confrontation with her.

What are you thoughts on this?

Image result for disapproval meme

Awesome mod, however I have one minor issue - it is extremely hard to find other drow characters a bit later in the game if you want to focus on a mostly pureblooded empire. Since even with the highest "spawn exotic races" setting the game generates very low amount of them and unless you use Dark Elf start on a big kingdom or empire (i.e. if I want to start as a minor duke or go with shattered world), dark elves become very rare. I have to spam Irae favors on overdrive or play a gene scientist to keep a stable non-inbred population.

Would it be possible to implement drow versions of the Invite a noble/holy (wo)man/commander/débutante? Maybe even with higher cost.

hey lockes... so after last question about successcion law i got burn out from game but now im back againt to make another run and i see got some update and its nice ( tx btw for keep up the mod :3) but  i got another question about the spurned sister, so i start at 1204 ( latin empire scanario) menwhile in game rule the sister invasion start between 1000 - 1020 so will they spwan ? after 1020 ish year? or no cuz m interested with invasion strength ( extreme one)

right now im already at 1040 so like 20 year already in game but the sieter invasion is not yet firing