[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

003.jpg.1992db77a050105eb5d547925c1bda05.jpgNow my newly born half elf daughter has at birth the trait Pregnant "Khaldune has filled my womb with life."

I'm not sure if i like Khaldune, impregnating half elf girls at birth. ?

khaldune_pervert.jpg.692c3e6056b6797581bd34b091875d45.jpg

That seems to happen to many (not all of them) new born child (including boys) in the whole game, which leads to these thousands of children he has within a few years.

Imagining a pregnant baby boy is disturbing and funny in a crazy way.

I can't find any possible explanation, nothing these children have in common and i also do not see anything suspicious in the event files.

I made 2 screenshots at birth of the second child also with pregnancy by Khaldune, with charinfo activated to show all flags for my main character and the child, maybe you will find anything in these.

Spoiler

003.jpg.1992db77a050105eb5d547925c1bda05.jpg001.jpg.569c46d2c6bf94d77d2b90e304bad72d.jpg002.jpg.8a08ad013bcbb22547c12eda6c578f34.jpg

Edit: adding more information

25 minutes ago, Yukinohki said:

Now my newly born half elf daughter has at birth the trait Pregnant "Khaldune has filled my womb with life."

I'm not sure if i like Khaldune, impregnating half elf girls at birth. ?

khaldune_pervert.jpg.692c3e6056b6797581bd34b091875d45.jpg

That seems to happen to every new born child (including boys) in the whole game, which leads to these thousands of children he has within a few years.

Imagining a pregnant baby boy is disturbing and funny in a crazy way.

The same thing is happening to me. Also, my game starts lagging like a motherfucker after like 20 or so years. Not sure if it's this mod or not, might have something to do with the insane amount of children being born.

I wake up and everything's gone to shit.

Uploaded 1.11.1, and a quick update file for users already running 1.11

Probably a good idea to start a new game.

YOU MUST DELETE THE /HouseIrae/interface/zdw_narrative_eventwindow.gui FILE, OTHERWISE THE CRASHES WILL STILL HAPPEN

5 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I wake up and everything's gone to shit.

Uploaded 1.11.1, and a quick update file for users already running 1.11

Probably a good idea to start a new game.

YOU MUST DELETE THE /HouseIrae/interface/zdw_narrative_eventwindow.gui FILE, OTHERWISE THE CRASHES WILL STILL HAPPEN

Thanks for your fast fix.

And with about 1000 Khaldune Children already in existence in my testgame, a new game is really a good idea.

A few things I have noticed.

1) Playing with dark elven start (haven't tested other options) seems to not allow you to use most 'natural' causes for war - no subjugation, force vasalization or anything, except 'extort tribute', 'make tributary' and 'conquest of a single border region'. It allows you to use fabricated claims, though.

2) It also makes my game very crash-prone over many things (like upon creating titles or even clicking the message that I have wrong holdings under control)

3) In Ruler Designer there is a 'Dark Seldarine' tab, but there are no religions under it, making it impossible to start as ruler already worshiping one of them (which may be a problem for those, who don't have Holy Fury)

I use Dark World Tweaks, Dark World Extras, House Irae and 4-doctrines reform mod from Steam. When I turn off House Irae - crash problems disappear.

28 minutes ago, Laxar said:

A few things I have noticed.

1) Playing with dark elven start (haven't tested other options) seems to not allow you to use most 'natural' causes for war - no subjugation, force vasalization or anything, except 'extort tribute', 'make tributary' and 'conquest of a single border region'. It allows you to use fabricated claims, though.

2) It also makes my game very crash-prone over many things (like upon creating titles or even clicking the message that I have wrong holdings under control)

3) In Ruler Designer there is a 'Dark Seldarine' tab, but there are no religions under it, making it impossible to start as ruler already worshiping one of them (which may be a problem for those, who don't have Holy Fury)

I use Dark World Tweaks, Dark World Extras, House Irae and 4-doctrines reform mod from Steam. When I turn off House Irae - crash problems disappear.

1. I plan on fixing this.

2. Are you running a fresh copy of 1.11.1? As in, did you delete the folder and unzip from the HouseIrae1.11.1.zip file?

3. Working as designed.

image.png.9c5fdc1b2fd9f3c6118830ce6f2d9296.png

The "Dark Seldarine" in the Ruler Designer is there simply because you cant hide whole religion groups. The non-Holy Fury versions use a separate religion group instead of the pagan group. The only way to start as one of the religions is to start as a dark elf and choose the appropriate religion. There are, of course, other ways of converting, and this is a design choice. You can either start as a worshiper and spread the religion far and wide from day 1, or you start a game where the religion is rare to get in the first place. There is no in-between.

1 minute ago, lockeslylcrit said:

1. I plan on fixing this.

2. Are you running a fresh copy of 1.11.1? As in, did you delete the folder and unzip from the HouseIrae1.11.1.zip file?

3. Working as designed.

image.png.9c5fdc1b2fd9f3c6118830ce6f2d9296.png

The "Dark Seldarine" in the Ruler Designer is there simply because you cant hide whole religion groups. The non-Holy Fury versions use a separate religion group instead of the pagan group. The only way to start as one of the religions is to start as a dark elf and choose the appropriate religion. There are, of course, other ways of converting, and this is a design choice. You can either start as a worshiper and spread the religion far and wide from day 1, or you start a game where the religion is rare to get in the first place. There is no in-between.

2. Yup, latest copies of all mods. And yes, I've deleted everything and put fresh install of everything twelve hours ago. I'd even say that I suspect crash to be - maybe - connected with either a) having high favor with house Irae, b) having 'special gift' chosen as 'matron's' gift, c) having certain Irae artifacts or combination of them, because crashes are rare or almost non-existent at the beginning of the game, but once I start building up favor and getting those gifts and artifacts, they begin to happen

2 minutes ago, Laxar said:

2. Yup, latest copies of all mods. And yes, I've deleted everything and put fresh install of everything twelve hours ago. I'd even say that I suspect crash to be - maybe - connected with either a) having high favor with house Irae, b) having 'special gift' chosen as 'matron's' gift, c) having certain Irae artifacts or combination of them, because crashes are rare or almost non-existent at the beginning of the game, but once I start building up favor and getting those gifts and artifacts, they begin to happen

?

I'll look into it. As a side note, this is the most detailed crash report I've gotten. This is what I like to see, where people describe what they were doing and possible causes. It allows me to narrow things down.

The other Dark Seldarine faiths are not erased if you play the Holy Fury version, meaning that, for example, a Lolth faith is heretical/wrong faith to Dark Seldarine holy sites.

I have also seen theoretical half-elves and pureblood elves not get the proper trait.

Should generated courtiers, such as Invited Nobles or created vassals for wrong holding type, get the trait in addition to the culture? Because they do not seem to. It also seems odd to me that Dark Seldarine as a faith wouldn't force at minimum Absolute Cognatic, but oh well.

In regards to the creating titles crash, I've managed to narrow the cause down to having either the "Stunning Dress" or the "Stunning Thong" artifacts and having the Form Fitting modifier (The one that mitigates the combat penalty for having bigger tits/dick above average). The crash happens whenever you open up the realm tab for holdings you own (The notification for wrong holding type opens up the realm tab of that specific holding, which is why that crashes). I've managed to narrow it down because if you unequip both (if either is bigger than average) or have it equipped with average or below average tits/dick, opening the realm tab won't crash the game, which makes me believe it's related to that modifier for some reason.

My theory is that on the Holder Demense tab on the bottom of the Realm tab where it shows the modifiers for the current Holder (which would be you) it runs into an error trying to place the icon on there and crashes the game.

The Temporary workaround is if you have to mess around with the Realm tab to create titles or something, just unequip the dress/thong before opening it.

I'm stomped by the Seldarine Republic.

Going by the examples I have, if I modify seldarine_republic_governments.txt from

religion = lolth

to 

has_religion_feature = religion_lolth

and similarly for the other two versions should restore the decisions to form the republics once I choose a Seldarine religion, but that's not happening.

All I'm getting is the decision to form a regular republic. I don't think other mods would be interfering with this, either.

As part of the debugging process, I've tried commenting out the religion check altogether, without any success.

Any idea what's going on here?

Edit: attached the file I'm using right now. Copying the Lolth block to the republic_governments.txt in the main install directory didn't help either.

seldarine_republic_governments.txt

7 hours ago, trewth said:

I'm stomped by the Seldarine Republic.

Going by the examples I have, if I modify seldarine_republic_governments.txt from

religion = lolth

to 

has_religion_feature = religion_lolth

and similarly for the other two versions should restore the decisions to form the republics once I choose a Seldarine religion, but that's not happening.

All I'm getting is the decision to form a regular republic. I don't think other mods would be interfering with this, either.

As part of the debugging process, I've tried commenting out the religion check altogether, without any success.

Any idea what's going on here?

Edit: attached the file I'm using right now. Copying the Lolth block to the republic_governments.txt in the main install directory didn't help either.

seldarine_republic_governments.txt

I decided not to include the HF religion in the republic formations because

A) HF already does that. You need Matriarchy for Lolth Focus, and Equality for Eilistraee Focus, both of which change the succession as normal in a regular republic (but, sadly, not the form republic decision if you're tribal).

B) I haven't been able to extensively test matriarchal republics since HF was released, so rather than add something that could potentially break, I left it as it until further testing could be done.

1 hour ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I decided not to include the HF religion in the republic formations because

A) HF already does that. You need Matriarchy for Lolth Focus, and Equality for Eilistraee Focus, both of which change the succession as normal in a regular republic (but, sadly, not the form republic decision if you're tribal).

B) I haven't been able to extensively test matriarchal republics since HF was released, so rather than add something that could potentially break, I left it as it until further testing could be done.

HF republics don't allow matrilineal marriages due to the line

allows_matrilineal_marriage = no

which makes things pretty weird with enatic succession.

I managed to re-enable the seldarine republics by making the same change to the decision file as well. No bugs so far.

1 hour ago, ghostshooter said:

Ah, that would be why it's not working. Thanks! Any plans on adding that in?

Not for a while. I'd have to take a long good look at the logic behind random worlds so culture/religion randomization doesn't screw up the offmap power and decisions.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:45 AM, trewth said:

HF republics don't allow matrilineal marriages due to the line

allows_matrilineal_marriage = no

which makes things pretty weird with enatic succession.

I managed to re-enable the seldarine republics by making the same change to the decision file as well. No bugs so far.

I should probably mention that I got a game over on succession (?because the house heir and the republic heir are different?, even though both are unlanded daughters) so that no one else tries this.

1 minute ago, zia said:

Found some bugs: Some of the portraits don't seem to be getting assigned on age up and when a drow is thrown in jail it removes the portrait while they are in jail 

I could have sworn I fixed the jail bug. I'll look into both.