[mod] [CK2] House Irae - Updated 24SEP21

18 minutes ago, Seedling said:

not that it's your mom that exiled you or anything.

And you are correct. She's not the mother who exiled you.

I made the campaign start flavor text to be ambiguous enough that players can have their own headcanon as to where they came from. What's not ambiguous, however, is that it wasn't from House Irae. This much is clear from the court visit event chain. You are not an Irae child, and never were.

So a bit of good news. The programmer at Paradox in charge of set_gender confirmed to me on the official forums that set_gender will completely change your character's sex, not just your localisation. This means I can go ahead with a quick fix for a certain bug involving the Spurned Sister, when the next patch is released.

12 hours ago, evilfuzzyman said:

Khladune's/House Irae's bloodline isn't popping up on my baby with him. Son, daughter, married character, not married character, nothing is working.

Currently working on a solution. The code, in theory, should work, but doesn't for some reason. I have a backup solution, but it doesn't please me. I'll have to resort to that if all else fails.

In the in-game lore book, it mentions that CK2 limitations prevent you from having them live several hundred years.  Have you considered just slapping them with immortality and then having an event run every few years (to ease the script burden) to check their age and start killing them off at some point?  The immortality will keep them from getting infirm/incapable/etc and stop them from losing health/fertility naturally.  You can use hidden character modifiers to imitate the effects of aging.  It's not like you need to worry about the portraits, because you're using statics anyways.

22 minutes ago, DroZzhat said:

In the in-game lore book, it mentions that CK2 limitations prevent you from having them live several hundred years.  Have you considered just slapping them with immortality and then having an event run every few years (to ease the script burden) to check their age and start killing them off at some point?  The immortality will keep them from getting infirm/incapable/etc and stop them from losing health/fertility naturally.  You can use hidden character modifiers to imitate the effects of aging.  It's not like you need to worry about the portraits, because you're using statics anyways.

It's less about the immortality (I've already got traits for that) and more about the shit ton of babies they will pump out and slow down the game with.

57 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

It's less about the immortality (I've already got traits for that) and more about the shit ton of babies they will pump out and slow down the game with.

Maybe you can look how elves work in Elder Kings mod? There, if i remember right, they usually live around 300-400 years, and only have good fertility in their prime years (something like 50-150 years old, they are considered too young before that, and too old after).

6 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I mean I get that it'd be annoying, but you can also use hidden modifiers (or the trait itself) to fertility to address that issue as well.  The "num_of_children = x" condition could also be used, every couple of years.   I'm not saying the mod needs to be changed, just that there are entirely plausible workarounds should ya want to make them more elf-like.

I think for Alleyne I added in an event that randomly removes her immortality somewhere between 400-600 years or so.

Though, with childbirth being a lot more dangerous now, the childsplosion issue may not be as much of a problem anymore, if you address the fact that immortals get +10 health.

30 minutes ago, Aliris said:

I think for Alleyne I added in an event that randomly removes her immortality somewhere between 400-600 years or so.

Though, with childbirth being a lot more dangerous now, the childsplosion issue may not be as much of a problem anymore, if you address the fact that immortals get +10 health.

Only on the immortal trait. Other traits that give immortal don't have that unless specified.

Either way, I'm not including immortality or unnatural longevity on any playable dark elves. That's final.

The current version (tried it with 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11) of the mod crash the game as soon as i choose one of the mod decisions (the starting decision to become dark elf or half elf and also the book of lore decision)

This happens with Dark World Tweaks and House Irae as the only active mods.

I tried different set ups of the game (premade character, character made with the ruler designer, different starting scenarios in Dark World)

It is always the same.

I own (and have active) all DLCs.

The decisions from the vanilla game and other mods work without problems.

House Irae decisions work fine with Dark World Tweaks deactivated, so there is some conflict between those two at the moment.

DWTweaks 2.8.1 is the version i use (i removed the Dark World Reborn folder completely)

The error message in the log is always like this:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x007DF73C: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000000
Version: Unknown Version
11/27/18 23:16:59

24 minutes ago, Yukinohki said:

The current version (tried it with 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11) of the mod crash the game as soon as i choose one of the mod decisions (the starting decision to become dark elf or half elf and also the book of lore decision)

This happens with Dark World Tweaks and House Irae as the only active mods.

I tried different set ups of the game (premade character, character made with the ruler designer, different starting scenarios in Dark World)

It is always the same.

I own (and have active) all DLCs.

The decisions from the vanilla game and other mods work without problems.

House Irae decisions work fine with Dark World Tweaks deactivated, so there is some conflict between those two at the moment.

DWTweaks 2.8.1 is the version i use (i removed the Dark World Reborn folder completely)

The error message in the log is always like this:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x007DF73C: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000000
Version: Unknown Version
11/27/18 23:16:59

?

Open up the HouseIrae.mod file and add this line:

dependencies = {"Dark World Tweaks"}

It's a temporary fix until I can figure out the conflict