What character type do you prefer to play in games?

Asrienda

What character type do you prefer to play in adult games, given everything else being equal?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick your favorite, there are some answers that are broad so you don't have to click all the boxes.

• Female, dom
    • Female, sub
    • Female, vanilla
    • Female, switch/any role
    • Male, dom
    • Male, sub
    • Male, vanilla
    • Male, switch/any role
    • Herm/futa, dom
    • Herm/futa, sub
    • Herm/futa, vanilla
    • Herm/futa, switch/any role
    • Any gender, dom
    • Any gender, sub
    • Any gender, vanilla
    • Other (specify)

On 10/25/2018 at 3:23 PM, Asrienda said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I actually am surprised, that female is by far what people want to play as.

Interesting though. I figured female more popular easily. But female sub actually, I would have guessed female dom or switch would be the most popular.

The question was general, not intended to be like "I prefer female in Skyrim because there's more outfits" but rather given a brand new title or an existing title without any in-game differences, what would you prefer to play?

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

I wonder why more people don't like playing switch hitting herms. They can take advantage of every sexual opportunity available and then some.

People obviously don't want everything at once.

For most people there are only 2 real genders and if they wanted to change their perspective they would just pick a different character.

Also most games don't give you that opportunity.

One advantage of playing a female character as a straight male is that you can choose from all hetero and homo romance options without distancing yourself from your character.

Voted for [any gender, dom] b/c I'm slightly dom and the gender I pick in game depends on 3 factors:

- the plot info I can get from the game trailers before release

- the quality of the vanilla presets in the creation menu

- my mood in the moment of char creation

What to play in FO4 when one is a young woman, a loving mother of a cute baby boy w/ a dead father

(threw that cheating asshole under the bus at the end of pregnancy)? No big deal ha. Yeah, yeah!

Have a good one!

:banana:

Hm.....female, in kind of a more proactive (adventurer/heroine(not the drug)) role not really as far as "dom" but definitely not sub. I don't pass judge for girls being passive if they wanna be that way but shoehorning classic gender roles is super pase'. Also I'm already a male so being one feels a little like a cop-out and too much self-insertion (giggity). I don't need more male up in this biz. Bor-ing. Males always feel like Clint Eastwood edgelords or meathead jocks or cardboard boxes to me. Again, classic gender roles (blech). If I am a dude I'm happy to be the sidekick to my waifus. Whereas if I'm a chica I can actually roleplay and explore the world from a different and interesting position. I gotta stretch my Anima legs from time to time.

Female sub. Just turns me on I guess, though I'm not particularly a dom or sub in real life sex. But that's fetishes for you.

When I read the topic title I thought it wasn't sexual. In that sense I prefer to play tank in MMOs, spellcaster/ranged in Elder Scrolls/Fallout. In fighting games I am completely indecisive usually ending up maining about six different characters with no particular archtype.

Hm in MMOs I generally prefer hybrid classes since I get bored easily but don't want to reroll. In WoW I played a paladin :) Now that I think about it, shouldn't that mean I prefer a hermaphrodite switch character? I guess if it were an adult MMO maybe, so I could get all the content without replaying everything. But most adult games at least don't require that huge of a time investment and don't often give you a choice. Even games that do, like CoC, don't really change story and you can change in game so it's not a big deal.

I'll possibly be one of the few, but I can't really enjoy playing anything that isn't a male. Yes, as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm the type of person who wants "to live through the game" with the character he created and built to fit his OWN liking. And, sadly, I am just not capable of doing that using a female character. 

2 minutes ago, Sethster said:

I'll possibly be one of the few, but I can't really enjoy playing anything that isn't a male. Yes, as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm the type of person who wants "to live through the game" with the character he created and built to fit his OWN liking. And, sadly, I am just not capable of doing that using a female character. 

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem. The last thing I want to be in a fantasy game is myself.

3 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem. The last thing I want to be in a fantasy game is myself.

It's not really about being MYSELF. It's more like.. creating one's own twisted reality INSIDE the game. Not necessarily making the character look like me, share my traits and such. It's more about me "living" through the adventure in the character I created to fit to my liking, or in other words, to fit an "idea" or vision I have of it. And despite trying many times, I just could never connect in the same way with a female character.

Ah, to each their own ?

I've played characters of all genders, most established species, and all orientations (I think), although probably not every single combination possible. I enjoy RPing though, and figuring out how a character I built would act in a given situation and where that character's personality would lead him or her in the end, even if choices made don't reflect what I'd do if I was personally in that situation.

But even then, I have my preference for character choice, just like most people do.

I'm one of the lonely votes for herm/dom, though I suppose I could have voted for herm/switch or herm/vanilla, too.

I think it was when playing some ps2 bike racing game (or something like that, it's been a while), when I realized, "If I'm going to be staring at this characters rear for the next few dozen hours, it might as well be a nice one to look at." Since then I've mostly played female characters in games where I'll spend a lot of time looking at my character. (By contrast, in first-person games I basically don't care at all either way.)

Surprisingly, this brought me in a bit of a dilemma when I got into the kind of mods you'd find on this site - "Ain't no one else gonna touch my toy, and I don't need no stinkin' males on-screen, either." So I got mostly into F/F content, but unfortunately, that stuff tends to be rather sparse, and I'd lose out on a lot of otherwise fun options.

The increasing popularity of futa/herm/etc content was a godsend in that regard, as it allowed me to take advantage of all things on offer, while keeping things eyesore-free. Nowadays I mostly herm-on-female (top) or herm-on-herm (top or switch) kinda scenarios. If a playthrough is solely "for the sexy", I might even use mods such as SkyFem (or something similar) to banish males from the game entirely.

Female when I can or if it seems appropriate. I live life as a male so why not? Also, when my character gets hurt I would rather hear a chick moaning in my ear rather than the grunts of a constipated male, lol. If we're talking about Skyrim or Fallout, my characters tend to be whores or sloots because, well.. it makes my dick happy. :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, myuhinny said:

I would of voted female, vanilla and herm/futa, vanilla but since you can only vote on one I'm just going to pass on the voting part.

I (think) I changed it to multiple choice, let me know if it worked :) the poll was worded with only one vote in mind tho, so idk if it'll work too well.

This is an interesting topic to me so I'll go in-depth here.

Personally, I'm what you would call a ,sub female, but I really like femdoms and I think they're sexy. So, my character's 'behavior' depends on my mood...though I'd say I lean more towards submissive. 

For character's looks, I prefer andro females, or gender ambiguous (gearing more towards feminine), thin and small chest or no breast at all, but tall, kind of like a runway model? Interesting face. Realistic proportions, ideally, though I do like wasp-waists and corseted torsos. I'm also obsessed with small details and imperfections....sadly, my rig is so bad that most of the time I can't experience that kind of beautiful detail during gameplay.

I don't really play male characters. I just prefer female everything, in general. Most books/comics/manga I read center around female characters, though there are exceptions (I read a lot of Seinen-type manga which are geared towards men, and also I love One Punch Man.) 

Lastly, what kind of RPG class do I play? Hah, that is the ultimate dilemma for me. I can't choose! One day I'm a rogue, the next, I'm playing a barbarian! The more choices I have the more frustrated I become, which eventually leads me to starting a new character from scratch over and over again until I'm satisfied. Or I get bored and quit the game.

Archived