MXR covering LL mods

Tentacus

Honestly - i'm not familiar with that youtuber, in fact i'm not familiar with any youtubers/streamers at all. Because i believe that watching people talking about their videogames or penises (etc) is a pretty poor time investment compared to, for example reading a decent newspaper written by actual journalists. Or playing games myself, you know.

Though i think someone had once linked a video on a certain discussion topic, and i was seeing a young man looking and sounding like a 12-year old boy, who was trying to act "cool" like a smalltown gangster or something like that. Like those "W" gestures when saying "what's up"? And he kept mentioning several times that he really has a girlfriend, which i guess makes him sort of a chieftain-king among the other kids of his age.

Well maybe that wasn't the person you guys are talking about, we'll never know.

I'm just wondering a few things:

Who are "we"? And what "is LoversLab about"?

With a couple of mods from this website, you can abduct random people, torture them, rape them, mutilate and kill them. Then repeat the last four steps with their corpse.

Then comes the funny part: You can also play as a woman and have the same things done to yourself.

Now with all respect for women suffering from sexual rape fantasies - which shall hopefully never become fulfilled - i have to say that, when trying to reflect on these mods objectively, and even when doing so from an entirely liberal point of view (freedom of art, "it's just a game" etc), i might get the impression that the forum could be frequented by a bunch of dangerous psychopaths - some of whom are likely going to turn their fantasies into bloody reality, after practising and cultivating them for so long in a videogame.

And because i know that a lot of you guys already have high blood pressure after reading the sentence, i repeat - i might get this impression when trying to reflect objectively on these mods.

So i don't think that the question is - oh my god, what are his subscribers going to think?

The question is probably rather, what is going to happen once a major demagoguery news network decides to make these mods a topic in one of their "investigative journalism" shows.

I can already see the evening news - owners and moderators arrested by the FBI, including the trophy shot in all newspapers. Afterwards they figure out that the site was only about videogames, but they probably won't have room for that in a later episode of their shows. Quite unfortunate, really.

PS - black humor aside, i think the OP meant exactly that - the wrong kind of attention.

Lover's Lab represents the aspect of Bethesda modding that Bethesda hates.  And the legitimate things modders here excel at (code, scripting, extensions, etc.) Bethesda has no interest in since they can't adapt it for consoles.  And LL isn't part of the idea farm they harvest for Creation Club content or as a 'new feature' in their next game title.  Followers with story arcs weren't a thing until modders did it for Oblivion, weapon kits and expanded crafting recipes/work stations are from FO3 mods.  Bethesda DOE NOT LIKE things they can't commandeer for themselves.  Listen to the way Todd Howard and Pete Hines talk about FO76; they are using marketing terms to describe and promote a GAME.

And at the core of the 'MxR is shining a light on us' fiasco is FO76 and politics.  He's not going to cover FO76 and what he is covering now encompasses LL more than he did before.  That means busy-body Liberals who hate everything have improved chances of hearing about what is hosted on LL.  Seriously, that is what the concern is; it isn't the religious right or Al Qaeda.  It's blue-haired Leftist SJWs and feminist harpies.  #MeToo  #BelieveWomen  #SuckAFatOneYouDumbCunts.

There isn't anything that can really be done to defend against this.  Just gonna have to wait and see.  In all honesty I don't think it's that big of deal.  SWJs overtaking a site requires time, effort and a lack of vigilance on the part of the existing forum culture. Nexus is a prime example.   One sure fire way to stop the PC assault in it's tracks is to make the site as unattractive to SJWs and other sensitive types as possible.  BUT that is not possible here since LL is 'all inclusive' and no one is allowed to be mean or call anyone else on their bullshit.  It's made the forum culture here a soft target.  And soft targets take a lot of damage when they get hit.

IT.IS.WHAT.IT.IS.

Archived