Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

Can anyone help me with a issue with the latest version?  I play on steam and the newly released Patty is causing massive frame-drops until I switch her swimsuit to the Takao assigned costume mod. She also has shadows from the dewa assigned costume mod on her body even though she does not have access to that swimsuit.

Update: it seems the frame rate drops happen when ever the girls(not just Patty) are not wearing the Takao or Dewa swimsuits.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.89eb26180aeaf464dcb9e778c9717260.jpeg

Edited by outlaw6758
updated findings

@outlaw6758 - See the known limitations from the v2.0 release regarding Patty. Basically as far as shadows are concerned, a mod can't differentiate between Misaki and Patty for shadows, so Patty uses Misaki's slot assignment for shadows (same vb and ib hash). Similar to how During the body mesh, you can't differentiate between Misaki and Kasumi because they use the same skin textures which is the only differentiator between all the other characters so Misaki/Kasumi use the same slot assignment.

v2.0 Post with known limitations:

Regarding the frame rate drop, you may have to do more investigation to see what's going on there, such as try disabling Costume Customizer, Try reverting it to 2.1, try out the 2.2Alpha. For the most part the v2.2 shouldn't put too much of a difference on burden for unaffected suits from v2.2.Alpha which is why I provided an alpha to make sure performance wasn't affected too horribly, so I'm not sure if that is related to the mod or not. I have noticed that at-least in DMM, they seemed to they kept introducing bugs that would cause issues whenever the game runs for an extended period of time through a session-timeout and the daily reset. Some of the bugs included just the game straight up crashing, other times it had a memory leak, and another issue was afterwards if you did get in a match certain shaders run horribly and the FPS would drop to 9 while in a match. At the home screen it usually did alright, but all of these issues happened with or without CC and also went away if you just restarted the game after the daily reset if you kept it running long enough for a session timeout (when the game usually reports and error and goes back to the start screen after a long period of not actively playing).

Edited by KuroKaze78

@outlaw6758 - The material editor stuff definitely adds a bunch more overhead. If it starts to get more widely reported I'll try to rearrange some things that makes it relatively easy to disable the material previewer functionality (while still maintaining defined custom materials for v2.3) to reduce the burden. I don't use as many other mods outside of CC so there can also be an unexpected combined effect where another mod may cause the custom material logic to run far more frequently than I expect which could create a compound issue.

Edited by KuroKaze78

DOAX-VenusVacation_210614_204843.thumb.jpg.302cb69a78edfb52aa543ebee40936f7.jpg.3295560ecca4cefb5879f367d328e5f3.jpg

Hello. So I've been working on a quick mod mostly for myself but it grew to the point wheeled like to consider releasing it. Unfortunately one of the pieces I've used isn't my own work.

Sayuri is wearing a modified top from the Honoka Asia Design Contest 2019 CC mod. I have no idea who it's by or whether it's actually available in game.  Does anyone else know?

@FullPower88 - Can you provide game region (DMM, Steam), character, shooting location and potentially equipped mod-packs. You can DM if you want, but I can't easily reproduce this issue. It looks like the custom materials are being applied to the fingernails, but I'm not sure how its occuring unless something is spilling over or clashing with another mod that makes the new stuff think there is supposed to be custom materials applied.

12 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@FullPower88 - Can you provide game region (DMM, Steam), character, shooting location and potentially equipped mod-packs. You can DM if you want, but I can't easily reproduce this issue. It looks like the custom materials are being applied to the fingernails, but I'm not sure how its occuring unless something is spilling over or clashing with another mod that makes the new stuff think there is supposed to be custom materials applied.

It happens in both versions, I add that the characters have a wet effect apart from the error in the nails, I have solved it using the previous version of CC

@FullPower88, @Eziomak - It looks like both issues are kinda related but without being able to reproduce the issue myself it will be difficult to investigate so I'll need your guys help to try and identify which mods are interacting weirdly so I can reproduce the issue. The only way I can think this is occuring would be a mod that is either overriding the ps-cb2 buffer with something out of range, or another mod is using ps-t96 (not a typical texture slot used in game which I'm using to control whether to use the Custom Material parameters in the compute shader for that mesh) or maybe another modifying the pixel shaders around the same area I am in CC. So if you can help look into your own game folders for a couple of things it can help me figure out how i can reproduce the issue to figure out how to fix it.

• Navigate to your game folder ...\DOAX-VenusVacation\ShaderFixes and search for "a265f8ab27707bb9-cs_replace.txt" (DMM cs shader hash) or "f732a2646c07d25f-cs_replace.txt" (Steam cs shader hash)
    • Finding one of these files means your are currently using a custom cs-shader that overrides the ones in game which may be interacting with the ShaderRegexes weird.
  • Navigate to your game's mod folder ...\DOAX-VenucsVacation\Mods and search for "contents: ps-t96"
    • Finding any files other than from CC means there's another mod using the ps-t96 texture slot and I should probably pick a different texture slot to deconflict the two mods.
  • If nothing comes from the above 2 searches, the next solution I can only think of is to go through and check the installed mods 50% of the time to see when the issue goes away and continue this process until only 1 or a few mods are identified (other than CC) that causes the issue. I would only recommend this if you are comfortable with manually installing builds since we do need to move them around a bit temporarily.
    • Basically this means, move 50% of your installed mods (other than CC) outside of the game folder to a folder called "check" (temporarily) and reload mods (F10).
    • Check the following 2 cases:
      • If the issue persists, then ideally the issue is related to the mods still installed.
        • Move the mods in the "check" directory mods to a temporary folder "ignored"
        • Move 50% of the remaining mods (other than CC) from your Mods directory to the "check" directory
      • If the issue goes away, then the mods that are still installed are not part of the issue and can be ignored.
        • Move the remaining mods installed to "ignored" (other than CC)
        • Move 50% of the mods from the "check" directory back in.
    • Reload the mods (F10) and check again. Repeat until ideally only 1 Mod is identified as the culprit that when used with CC you get the issue.

@Eziomak - Just to be sure was that only costume mods or including things like the Tan or Hair mods? I know the original Tan mod used to cause a bunch of unintended side-effects? If its not a mod conflict, then other possibilities include your d3dx.ini contents or maybe your system itself. I kinda doubt its something specific to your system, but there does appear to be evidence that on-board graphics versus dedicated graphics calls the shaders in a different order that causes some issues.

Can you DM me your d3dx.ini file and let me know what graphics card you use at a generic level (on-board, nvidia, raydeon) and laptop or desktop. Does this affect all characters or just Tamaki for you. Also, does it affect multiple suits or just the Teacher one?

Afterwards, give this a try. It doesn't attempt to fix anything, since I don't yet know why its bugging out, but by trying this out and letting me know if it "fixed" your issue or not will help me narrow down how its happening. This contains a single ini file that should be dropped into your CC folder to replace the one from v2.2.

Can you also provide a screenshot of your custom material menu? (Use CTRL+F3 at any time in game)

image.png.304d38c66315dfd920066b7eec872120.png

CC_Path_RemovedWithCS.zip

Edited by KuroKaze78

So, that indicates that for some reason, the ps-t96 is set to the on state and is never reset. Doesn't make sense as to why that would be though, but i'll look into how it could happen. Ideally the ps-t96 is always set back to the off state after every time the shader is called which would mean either the Off resource is getting contaminated or the ps-t96 is always getting assigned something (putting it in the On state) every time.

Edit:

If you don't mind can you try this one to see if it fixes the bug and still keeps the intended functionality:

CC_Path_FixAttempt1.zip

This fix may work if we are dealing with unallocated memory and whether its undefined behavior to access a unused texture slot before its assigned if it needs to be set every frame/shader. This is a variant of the getting assigned something every time, but instead its unassigned every time to unallocated memory which may or may not be 0s. If non-zero, then you get what you had. And this could also explain why @FullPower88 only had the issue affect the nails and not the skin like you did.

Edited by KuroKaze78
Added fix attempt 1.

The problem exists again after I use CC_Path_FixAttempt1.zip and press ctrl+Alt+F10. But everything back to normal when I press Reset to default in custom material menu.
I try to tuning options in this menu one by one, Character's skin is turn white when I set Metallic to 0. So I think the problem is related to Metallic

unknown_2021.06.18-17.13.png

unknown_2021.06.18-17.13_1.png

@Eziomak - Back to the drawing board for a fix. The issue is that the custom material parameters are applying to things its not supposed to. Resetting to default, just makes the effect it applies negligible so it doesn't look to off-putting. If you try setting Base Red to 0, you'll see just how much is being affected more easily.

I'll try preparing Try a different fix attempt that switches from using ps-t96 to unused ps-cb11 buffer to see if that makes a difference.

CC_FixAttempt2.zip

Edited by KuroKaze78

@Eziomak - To make it obvious, set Base Red all the way to 0. If it still looks fine even with it all the way to 0, then that means its messing up and affecting more than it should.

If you switched to Takao/Dewa and enabled custom materials for the CC meshes only at the appropriate toggle menu (CTRL+F3 to bring up material editor, then CTRL+1 - CTRL+6 to change to the appropriate tab for the given body+type slot combination) then you should see the colors of the suit you are wearing with CC get affected.

So, are those screenshots from using the FixAttempt2? If so, then I can relelase an official minor update release with the fix for everyone.