Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:11 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

Made a bunch of progress on the next major feature enhancement. I've mentioned it before that I was looking into custom materials and being able to work out the differences between values in the ps-cb2 buffers that causes there some times needing to be 2 different version of Mod Packs between Steam and DMM. When this feature hits, that should enable modders to do just. So far, I've got the Shader modifications needed to do it, I've made an in-game editor/previewer for modders to play with the values to see how they look before they'll record them into the CCModPackGenerator tool. Right now, I just have the material editor menu done, but I still need to make an in-game toggle selector for which meshes to override the materials parameters to use with the editor. While creating it, I also noted, that by making the editor parameters (and when available, the configured meshes) persistent, technically this could also be used by everyone for simple costume customizations. Technically each mesh piece will either share the same material edits or continue to use its original settings as the way the game handles materials I can't really create a temporary array for more than 1 custom dynamic setting, but its still something you can play with for plenty of suits/meshes.

Here's a preview of what I have working so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Default Material Parameters

Default.thumb.png.f90fe1e68c859705cb054a19d4764e7a.png

Material Parameters to make the gloves appear more like Latex

BlackLatex.thumb.png.8ff7cc0870cb1fbef62e143ec7d77175.png

Modification (strictly using material parameters) to make the gloves Red Latex Gloves.

RedLatex.thumb.png.d58bac1f2ec285133d6d6accb988ffed.png

Still a laundry list on the TODO list though until release:

• In-Game Editor Updates
    • Create Mesh Selection Menus for each of the 6 Set-ups (Common/Honoka/Marie + Takao/Dewa)
    • Update Common/Honoka/Marie INIs for use of Material Override Parameter
    • Create ShaderRegex for overriding IdAndFresnel setting based on custom CB resource if present
  • Custom Importing
    • Fix ShaderRegex for importing from custom texture resource for custom database at index 1+
    • Update CCModPackGenerator with more useful configuration of PS-CB2 IdAndFresnel Parameter
    • Create Custom MaterialParameter Configuration File Schema
    • Create Custom Material Editor & Importer into the PS-CB2 Editor
    • Create Custom Material Updater tool that aggregates all custom materials into a singular database and regenerates PS-CB2 resources
    • Modify update.bat to invoke Custom Material Updater tool
  • Release!

jesus that's amazing. can't wait it coming out

I dont understand what to do.
Nothing is showing up in any tab.

Where do I put the mods in ?

Just downloaded the NudeStrapSet and put it into .../Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer and nothing is showing up.
Put it into .../Mods/Costumes/CostumeCustomizer/01 and still nothing is showing up.

I did use the Update file and it didnt help either.

Please Help ! I dont get it ?

DOAX_VV 2021-02-18 03-51-19.png

EDIT: OK, I think i got it. You just have to put all the Files into the Folder (01-96).

I did put the the whole Folder into .../01 and this isnt how it works ?

Ever since 2.0 it stopped working for me, so I deleted all of my manual mods and went full VVMM, downloading and installing everything right from the Mod Manager, and I'm still getting this for anything I try on:
image.thumb.png.ab71c174d199da8923d331201ecf3eb3.png
No matter what I do, the skirt stays on. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Playing through DMM btw.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

So, any advice on how to fix problems like this:

DOAX-VenusVacation_210312_115958.jpg.a0bc1b44c62a916dbf114385689742e3.jpg

It looks odd because there's a row of vertices in the under-sleeve that I'm guessing is absorbing data from her body when I transfer weights.  At least, that's what I'm assuming happens.

Compare the shirt:

Untitled-2.png.fb7e574acd9eeee7ca2e1a6b92db5463.png

to the body, mainly around the arm:

Untitled-3.png.b62bca852a175cd5d047bda35f53ab3d.png

However, if I manually alter layer 15 on the shirt to remove the overspill onto the sleeve, I get something like this:

DOAX-VenusVacation_210312_120801.jpg.fa6fcbf720a76d8c5b7993a8d0fd0c9d.jpg

I'm guessing I have to recolor the areas I turned back to blue.  However when I try to paint them (mainly layers 63 and 64) I get a garbled mess. Is there an easier way to repair this problem?

@Geradness

Just in case, make sure you always run "Normalize weights" everytime you are done with playing around with weight paint.

Another trick I use when trying to do transfer weights with meshes that are close to different areas but I only want it to move with one is isolate them during weight transfer.

By this I mean do more than 1 weight transfer on different regions with a weight source mesh that has been reduced to just the region I want to target for moving.

Basic summary is, transfer weights as normal. If you identify areas that are influenced by parts of the mesh you didn't intend:

1. Create a temporary vertex group and assign those misbehaving vertices to it
  2. Duplicate the mesh you transferred weights from and remove any regions you don't want influencing the misbehaving verticies
  3. Add a Data Transfer modifier and set to "Vertex Data > Vertex Groups", source object: the trimmed down source mesh, Specify a vertex group to restrict the modifier: your misbehaving vertex group
  4. Preview the new weight paint on the mesh, adjust vertex group vertices and the trimmed mesh accordingly.
  5. Once done, Apply the Data Transfer
  6. Remove Misbehaving vertex group
  7. Normalize Weights
  8. Done

Spoiler

Starting Point

00.png.7ce1fb9f6d6755ef9a1adb9c6ad25ed1.png

Remove Vertex Groups

01.png.694da6c64008050555755e74c9f127b8.png

Duplicate the source mesh w/ weights you want to transfer, trim down the new mesh to just the region you want to correct. In this case, we know the clothing near the armpits on the arms were influenced too much by the body, so we've reduced the cloned mesh to just the arms.

02.png.5e25f4beed567cf433a14ff7aa82a4df.png

Transfer the weights as normal from the weight source mesh to the target mesh

03.png.5ba0762a261d0afee038cd5726a86075.png

Here is an example of the problem by looking at the weight paint. The high weight paint at the armpit part of the arms is colored meaning it's movement will be more tied to the chest movement than the arm movement which isn't what we want.

04.png.0d62f7e94fd484d8d740d458ff9ad49f.png

Go to Edit mode and select the vertices you want to correct, for the most part we want to at least correct the vertices at the top of the arm by the armpit. Once selected, Create a new Vertex Group using the "+" and then "Assign" the selected vertices to it. Rename the vertex group if desired. Note: I've selected both sides for both arms to correct both at the same time.

05.png.82c06ad68e09ba295d6f340530a7de1c.png

Go to Modifiers for the target mesh, Add a "Data Transfer" modifier. Change Source Object to the trimmed mesh. Select "Vertex Data > Vertex Groups". Specify the newly created vertex group as our selection to restrict the data transfer to only those vertices. Switch to Weight Paint mode to preview the result.

07.png.9a0c83649dedfb278ea945fa998ec7f7.png

If it doesn't look right yet, you can remove additional vertices, create a different trimmed mesh if you removed too much (be sure to adjust "Source Object" in the data transfer if so) or adjust which vertices belong to the custom vertex group (Use "Assign"/"Remove" buttons in the vertex groups while the vertices are selected in edit mode) and keep playing with the result. Once done, click Apply.

08.png.902cabc8725e4ac4b61271f8772e8f1c.png

To clean-up, remove the custom vertex group that we created earlier so it doesn't affect the exported mesh.

09.png.72ebd8c3d7d0b947b6808447a2a3645b.png

Re-run normalize weights just to be careful.

10.png.a951385fb8a1b4bd73f2163a7b436bcd.png

And now you are done and ready to export:

11.png.9d428f63e586cc48a7e2a84863c3b9b6.png

10 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Geradness

Just in case, make sure you always run "Normalize weights" everytime you are done with playing around with weight paint.

Another trick I use when trying to do transfer weights with meshes that are close to different areas but I only want it to move with one is isolate them during weight transfer.

By this I mean do more than 1 weight transfer on different regions with a weight source mesh that has been reduced to just the region I want to target for moving.

Basic summary is, transfer weights as normal. If you identify areas that are influenced by parts of the mesh you didn't intend:

1. Create a temporary vertex group and assign those misbehaving vertices to it
  2. Duplicate the mesh you transferred weights from and remove any regions you don't want influencing the misbehaving verticies
  3. Add a Data Transfer modifier and set to "Vertex Data > Vertex Groups", source object: the trimmed down source mesh, Specify a vertex group to restrict the modifier: your misbehaving vertex group
  4. Preview the new weight paint on the mesh, adjust vertex group vertices and the trimmed mesh accordingly.
  5. Once done, Apply the Data Transfer
  6. Remove Misbehaving vertex group
  7. Normalize Weights
  8. Done

Reveal hidden contents

Starting Point

00.png.7ce1fb9f6d6755ef9a1adb9c6ad25ed1.png

Remove Vertex Groups

01.png.694da6c64008050555755e74c9f127b8.png

Duplicate the source mesh w/ weights you want to transfer, trim down the new mesh to just the region you want to correct. In this case, we know the clothing near the armpits on the arms were influenced too much by the body, so we've reduced the cloned mesh to just the arms.

02.png.5e25f4beed567cf433a14ff7aa82a4df.png

Transfer the weights as normal from the weight source mesh to the target mesh

03.png.5ba0762a261d0afee038cd5726a86075.png

Here is an example of the problem by looking at the weight paint. The high weight paint at the armpit part of the arms is colored meaning it's movement will be more tied to the chest movement than the arm movement which isn't what we want.

04.png.0d62f7e94fd484d8d740d458ff9ad49f.png

Go to Edit mode and select the vertices you want to correct, for the most part we want to at least correct the vertices at the top of the arm by the armpit. Once selected, Create a new Vertex Group using the "+" and then "Assign" the selected vertices to it. Rename the vertex group if desired. Note: I've selected both sides for both arms to correct both at the same time.

05.png.82c06ad68e09ba295d6f340530a7de1c.png

Go to Modifiers for the target mesh, Add a "Data Transfer" modifier. Change Source Object to the trimmed mesh. Select "Vertex Data > Vertex Groups". Specify the newly created vertex group as our selection to restrict the data transfer to only those vertices. Switch to Weight Paint mode to preview the result.

07.png.9a0c83649dedfb278ea945fa998ec7f7.png

If it doesn't look right yet, you can remove additional vertices, create a different trimmed mesh if you removed too much (be sure to adjust "Source Object" in the data transfer if so) or adjust which vertices belong to the custom vertex group (Use "Assign"/"Remove" buttons in the vertex groups while the vertices are selected in edit mode) and keep playing with the result. Once done, click Apply.

08.png.902cabc8725e4ac4b61271f8772e8f1c.png

To clean-up, remove the custom vertex group that we created earlier so it doesn't affect the exported mesh.

09.png.72ebd8c3d7d0b947b6808447a2a3645b.png

Re-run normalize weights just to be careful.

10.png.a951385fb8a1b4bd73f2163a7b436bcd.png

And now you are done and ready to export:

11.png.9d428f63e586cc48a7e2a84863c3b9b6.png

For the record, I ALWAYS use Normalize Weights after transferring them.  I'm not actually sure what that's supposed to do, but someone told me to.

Anyway thanks for the tutorial.  Exactly what I was hoping for.

One more question:

DOAX-VenusVacation_210312_150053.thumb.jpg.65d46db167d5c19b8164502eaf7213fa.jpgDOAX-VenusVacation_210312_172243.jpg.9afe57263816f7ff2a8ab79acc5bc903.jpg

The first picture is a pair of white jeans I'm working on.  It looks perfect, except I'd like it to have a bit of an alpha effect.  As soon as I put the object on an alpha channel, it takes on this.... dark coloration, even if I put no alpha.... ness into the texture.  Is there a way to get the slight alpha effect I'm after without darkening the whole item of clothing?

EDIT: The effect isn't as apparent using those two images.  If you need I'll take two more that makes it more obvious.

@Geradness I think what you are seeing is the shadow the pants are casting on the skin which makes the skin much darker behind the blended pants. I haven't found (or really looked for) a way to reduce the transparency of shadows other than turning them on/off. So you could try turning shadows off for the pants and see what does, just note that it'll also stop casting a shadow on the floor too for the pants in that case.

For those that care, "Normalize Weights" is a typical normalizing function. Weight paint is effectively a value between 0-1 in each vertex group a vertex is a part of that controls how a given vertex is affected by the skeleton. In the case of the game, a given vertex should only ever have 1.0x translation/rotation applied from a given skeleton which means the sum of all the weight paint on a given vertex should be 1. Normalizing takes all the current weight paint values and resets them to a percentage of the sum. Example:

Vertex X:

Group A - 0.7

Group B - 0.2
  Group C - 0.2 (Modified from 0.1)

Normalizing:

Group A - (0.7 / (0.7 + 0.2 + 0.2)) = ~0.636

Group B - (0.2 / (0.7 + 0.2 + 0.2)) = ~0.182

Group C - (0.2 / (0.7 + 0.2 + 0.2)) = ~0.182

So, originally before normalizing, Vertex X was adjusted to be more affected by the movement of Group C but initially it would have moved too much now since it still would have moved like it did before by Group A and B. After normalizing, it reduced the influence of Group A and B to increase the influence of Group C onto Vertex X.

48 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Geradness I think what you are seeing is the shadow the pants are casting on the skin which makes the skin much darker behind the blended pants. I haven't found (or really looked for) a way to reduce the transparency of shadows other than turning them on/off. So you could try turning shadows off for the pants and see what does, just note that it'll also stop casting a shadow on the floor too for the pants in that case.

For those that care, "Normalize Weights" is a typical normalizing function. Weight paint is effectively a value between 0-1 in each vertex group a vertex is a part of that controls how a given vertex is affected by the skeleton. In the case of the game, a given vertex should only ever have 1.0x translation/rotation applied from a given skeleton which means the sum of all the weight paint on a given vertex should be 1. Normalizing takes all the current weight paint values and resets them to a percentage of the sum. Example:

Vertex X:

Group A - 0.7

Group B - 0.2
  Group C - 0.2 (Modified from 0.1)

Normalizing:

Group A - (0.7 / (0.7 + 0.2 + 0.2)) = ~0.636

Group B - (0.2 / (0.7 + 0.2 + 0.2)) = ~0.182

Group C - (0.2 / (0.7 + 0.2 + 0.2)) = ~0.182

So, originally before normalizing, Vertex X was adjusted to be more affected by the movement of Group C but initially it would have moved too much now since it still would have moved like it did before by Group A and B. After normalizing, it reduced the influence of Group A and B to increase the influence of Group C onto Vertex X.

Great explanation on normals.

I'd already tried your shadow suggestion, and while turning shadows off reduces SOME of the darkening, there's still quite a bit of it.  I made this animated gif to show the pronounced differences between the Solid version, the alpha with no shadows and the alpha with shadows.  The legs have a solid FFFFFF on the alpha channel (i.e. there should be no transparancy), while the groin area has dddddd (i.e., a little transparancy)

Any ideas?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.ce7322713eac20258bff6b0bca8d21dc.gif

@Geradness - Ok, I wasn't sure if you were comparing a "Solid" mesh w/ no transparency versus an "Alpha" mesh w/ no transparency. It's probably based on the specific differences in the pixel shaders between the two. The solid shader is extremely barebones and simple while the alpha shader does far more in relation to light, shadows, fog, etc and makes more use of the parameters in the ps-cb2 buffer. As a result, you'll likely end up with different results if you swap between a opaque solid mesh and an opaque alpha mesh and I don't understand enough of what is going on in the alpha shader to know how to negate the differences but I would probably play with the values in the ps-cb2 buffer.

Solid Shader only uses the following:

• Material Multiply Color
  • Material Add Color
  • ID and Fresnel
  • scene dependent, unavailable in custom ps-cb2
    • Shadow Cs Bias

Alpha Shader uses the following:

• Material Parameter
  • HDR Rate
  • Material Multiply Color
  • Material Add Color
  • Velvety Rim
  • Specular Color
  • Rim Color
  • ID and Fresnel
  • Material Parameter 2
  • scene dependent, unavailable in custom ps-cb2
    • Shadow Cs Bias
    • Eye Position
    • Eye Plane
    • gIblDiffuseColor (now that I know more than before, this should probably be ok to modify if i allow it)
    • gIblSpecularColor (now that I know more than before, this should probably be ok to modify if i allow it)

If their names are related to their function, I would suppose the most influential parameter in regards to the differences you are seeing would likely be Specular Color.

@AnD0901 - My guess is that you installed the mod manually and its not in the correct folder. The current error displayed could have also happened if it was a fresh install that didn't have update.bat run, but the menu should have still popped up correctly if that was the case. Ensure that the CostumeCustomizer folder is located at the correct location after installing:

• <GameFolder>
    • DOAX_VV.exe   (for reference)
    • Mods
      • Costumes
        • CostumeCustomizer

Also, for good measure ensure you ran "update.bat" if you haven't already (fyi, it should be run after installing any new CC mod-pack as well)

20 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@AnD0901 - My guess is that you installed the mod manually and its not in the correct folder. The current error displayed could have also happened if it was a fresh install that didn't have update.bat run, but the menu should have still popped up correctly if that was the case. Ensure that the CostumeCustomizer folder is located at the correct location after installing:

• <GameFolder>
    • DOAX_VV.exe   (for reference)
    • Mods
      • Costumes
        • CostumeCustomizer

Also, for good measure ensure you ran "update.bat" if you haven't already (fyi, it should be run after installing any new CC mod-pack as well)

Thanks!now the menu popped out.

I have download the fishnet pack but I ran the update.bat agian it didnt pop out,which folder should I put in the fishnet pack?

@AnD0901 - Replace the contents of a numbered folder within the CostumeCustomizer folders with the contents of the mod-pack such that the CostumeCustomizerModConfig.xml looks like the following:

• <GameFolder>
    • DOAX_VV.exe (for reference)
    • Mods
      • Costumes
        • CostumeCustomizer
            • CostumeCustomizerModConfig.xml
            • Common.ini     (auto-generated by update.bat)
            • Marie.ini          (auto-generated by update.bat)
            • Honoka.ini       (auto-generated by update.bat)
            • <other files provided by mod-pack>

Alternatively, I would recommend using the Mod Manager, the online-db has most of the public available mod-packs and it simplifies installing CC mod-packs among other things.

Awesome work! I have one question though, is it possible to assign different costumes to every girl? I mean, when I change the costume of a normal body, it affects every girls' costumes who has normal body. Is there a way to give different costumes to each of them?

@SenpaiOfSpades

Costume assignments are based on the swimsuit they are wearing. Currently there are 2 suits that are compatible: Takao and Dewa. Takao is the most common suit available for all girls as an R suit. Dewa was a event-SR suit that in DMM is available in the venus shop for most girls (up to Nagisa) and hopefully Steam will soon add old event SR suits in the venus shop and it'll be available there as well (but no guarantees).

32 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@SenpaiOfSpades

Costume assignments are based on the swimsuit they are wearing. Currently there are 2 suits that are compatible: Takao and Dewa. Takao is the most common suit available for all girls as an R suit. Dewa was a event-SR suit that in DMM is available in the venus shop for most girls (up to Nagisa) and hopefully Steam will soon add old event SR suits in the venus shop and it'll be available there as well (but no guarantees).

Thank you for your reply, isn't there a way to make more common suits compatible along with Takao and Dewa?

• 2 weeks later...

@SenpaiOfSpades - Not really, modding in the game is heavily tied to the suit being replaced. It just happens Takao/Dewa are the same mesh with different textures to determine the difference between the two. If they release a 3rd texture variant of it (and don't mesh with the mesh) then I could add a 3rd slot.

@571244460 - I've been on a work trip for the past week and still a week to go and it's too cumbersome to try and work on it remotely. I've been upating the last post I made about it regarding what I have left. Once I get the toggles working for previewing, I'll release the in-game custom editor but the custom material importing for Mod-Packs to leverage will come in the release after. All that said, it'll probably be a couple more weeks.

@HattoWW - You aren't the first one to ask. I got asked in a DM a week ago. That next release for the in-game material editting will also include a bump up to support 240 mod-packs (10 pages). I've messaged Avenger54 if the Mod-Manager can be updated to support it but you may need to manually install them for 97-240 for a while when it releases until then.