Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

1 hour ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@hotNess16 - Double check you don't have a conflicting mod installed that also replaces the Takao suit like Knight77's RedHip mod. I think it's two body meshes that are slightly clipping between each other.

I have never heard of that mod before. But I don't think I have that mod installed. I'll double check later to confirm. 

First I thanks your great work for this costume changing mod, it is really good. And I found a problem here, I am not sure which part went wrong after I updated your mod using 2.06 (for 1.0+). after I change my honoko's cloth to this one, something pop out at the top of my screen. 2.png.a1dab6ce6804dbe7b800c4064f4d620f.png

and then I found something in costume custom folder attached below. maybe related Im not sure. could you take a look of this 1.png.4a48d0112c92a5bb5361b1bbd1e51bfe.png

anyway I can not found the error file marked at the top. Im confused. could you help me. @KuroKaze78

On 5/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, sinsitroy said:

Trying to do a bukkake mod

The parts on the body are still not good enough, need to fix some parts that are not attached to the body.

Really want to make a facial bukkake that you can turn on and off, but I don't know how.

I wonder if it's possible to make head mods using Costume customizer.

DOAX-VenusVacation_190506_193540.thumb.jpg.b4e89d1d960c29d779b5f595543b0494.jpg

hi this suit is amazing, just asking would you release this?

On 12/1/2020 at 5:18 PM, potatomarshall said:

@KuroKaze78I am using DMM version. Although I already updated my d3dx.ini to the latest, this bug has been there before Tecmo changes the recent hashes. Most costumes mod by Icetree5, Tantrave and Geradness's Norimaki all have black textures.

@potatomarshall - The only thing I can think of for those is likely that they are the ones that don't provide their own custom ps-cb2 resource, which is also the only thing I think could do what is happening. I think it could be another mod is interfering but the only way to determine that would be first reproduce it (not happening in my setup) and then try and isolate it by turning each costume mod on/off (ideally try running with just CC + base mod and see if it still occurs to prove it).

@KuroKaze78

Hello I only just spotted this discussion from last month. It sounds like it resolved itself.  I haven't bothered to make a ps-cb2 resource for my previous mod nor my current upcoming mod, however I am curious about the benefits of doing such a thing.

@Geradness - It's not fully resolved, basically for some reason, on Intel Graphics, it seems like the caching of the ps-cb2 buffers doesn't work properly but I could possibly try a different approach to make a unified fix rather than disable ps-cb2 buffers in the stop-gap modified version. Especially with the new feature I'm working on that'll expand on how much you can change via ps-cb2 (and cs-t12 by extension, aka custom material parameters). I got a custom cs-t12 working yesterday and confirmed my theories from before. So, I now have a path forward to create an implementation to allow custom material parameters which should also remove the dependency on the built-in material params meaning no need to maintain the ps-cb2 IDandFresnel parameters to a specific game version.

Spoiler
On 3/29/2020 at 12:37 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

I want to share some new things I found out regarding how the IDandFresnel parameter works in the ps-cb2 constant buffer. From looking at some of the pixel shader hlsl code and some poking around I found these things out:

• Only x, y, and w are used as found in ps shaders
  • each parameter (x, y, w) are multiples of ~0.0039215 (1/255)
    • Analysis of unique values found in the ps-cb2 buffers I've exported (sample size: ~50,000 ps-cb2 buffers)
      • x appears to be between [0-255] / 255
      • y appears to only appear between [0-1] / 255
      • w appears to only appear between [0-5] / 255
      • 2021/1/25 - index for cs-t12 is y*255*256 + x*255
      • 2021/1/25 - appears that index for cs-t18 is tied to w*255.
  • x and y together form a sort of key to a dictionary of material properties
    • Outcome using the same key between DMM and Steam produce different results
    • May be tied to the cs-t12 property in the Compute Shader
    •   Reveal hidden contents

Resource bind info for gMaterialParameterList
      // {
      //
      //   struct MaterialParameter
      //   {
      //
      //       float4 base_color_;            // Offset:    0
      //       float metalic_;                // Offset:   16
      //       float reflectance_;            // Offset:   20
      //       float specular_scale_;         // Offset:   24
      //       float glossiness_;             // Offset:   28
      //       float4 ibl_diffuse_;           // Offset:   32
      //       float4 ibl_specular_;          // Offset:   48
      //       float4 rim_;                   // Offset:   64
      //       float4 velvety_;               // Offset:   80
      //       float4 velvety_rim_param_;     // Offset:   96
      //       float4 ambient_;               // Offset:  112
      //       float emissive_;               // Offset:  128
      //       float light_scatter_out_scatter_rate_;// Offset:  132
      //       float light_scatter_depth_offset_;// Offset:  136
      //       uint flags_;                   // Offset:  140
      //
      //   } $Element;                        // Offset:    0 Size:   144
      //
      // }

// Resource Bindings:
      //
      // Name                                 Type  Format         Dim Slot Elements
      // ------------------------------ ---------- ------- ----------- ---- --------
      // gMaterialParameterList            texture  struct         r/o   12        1

• Inspection of the cs-t12 buffer showed it has the space to contain up to 4608 different Material Parameters
        • DMM contains 1086 non-zero material parameters
        • Steam contains 1081 non-zero material parameters
      • Some of the non-zero material parameters seem like faulty values or possible uninitialized memory space
        • DMM contains 438 material parameters before the first "faulty" looking material parameter
        • Steam contains 433 material parameters before the first "faulty" looking material parameter
        • These could correlate to YX key: 0x00 0x00 - 0x01 0xB5 encoded as floats of # / 255 and that could co-incide with what's been witnessed.
      • So far, I've been unsuccessful in finding a way to override the cs-t12 buffer, but I haven't tried much yet.
  • impact of the w value not yet fully understood

I created a simple custom shader to increment the valid values of x/y and found that there can be some crazy material types that can have a big impact on the resulting texture. Some of the settings also caused the material to strobe at various rates (not that I can capture that in a screenshot) or glow.

Reveal hidden contents

Normal:

image.png.c5fcb0e82f4f621aa7b903f8ffd088c4.png

Different IDandFresnel settings:

image.png.c71d57f8e5cfd3e5e59558a6f1e03e54.png

image.png.072501732853e2ea943a29bb3fb5748b.png

image.png.783530a166f55e740a87455099b59648.png

image.png.3f866832d4e799fe40f38ff8571f1976.png

Still working on how the x+y value corresponds to what values so that I can try to compensate/account for when the keys change, as I've noticed some that use the ps-cb2 for their reflection/glossy properties change every so often when the game is updated likely because the material parameters shift.

@Inokanoan - You probably aren't familiar with what I'm talking about in my response to Geradness, but basically, there's a part of the mod that can change from game updates and whenever it does, it can result in unintended changes in the material parameters which can sometimes result in flashing. It can be fixed by syncing the ps-cb2 buffer for the mods to the specific version you are playing but I'm working on a fix that would supersede that so I likely won't bother fixing it in its current state.

6 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Inokanoan - You probably aren't familiar with what I'm talking about in my response to Geradness, but basically, there's a part of the mod that can change from game updates and whenever it does, it can result in unintended changes in the material parameters which can sometimes result in flashing. It can be fixed by syncing the ps-cb2 buffer for the mods to the specific version you are playing but I'm working on a fix that would supersede that so I likely won't bother fixing it in its current state.

Luckily for the last time that flashing only occur when the CC menu (F3) is open - when it's closed, there is no flashing.

You probably aren't familiar with what I'm talking about in my response to Geradness

It looks like you discussing about dark magic ritual from Necronomicon. (joke ?)

On 5/29/2019 at 2:29 AM, sinsitroy said:

Finally made it! Thank you a lot for the continuous help kurokaze san! btw, when I add the PS hash into the d3dx.ini as "run = CommandListClothes", some part of the glasses still won't be dumped, but when I set it to "run = CommandListFingernailsEyes“, everything was dumped properly.

DOAX-VenusVacation_190529_082422.jpg.ce424cb1613a30cdf33927d91c9d2aa7.jpg

Is this mod available for download somewhere or it is never been shared for public use?

@sagraxxx - I'm pretty sure I seen others have a similar issue to this before but I'm not sure what they had to do to resolve it (if they even figured out how to resolve it). What's weird is the error code it mentions 0x80004002 which is a windows error code for "No Such Interface supported" on specifically the png file resources. As to why your system seemingly is failing to load png files, not really sure. Try seeing if you can open them in explorer from their respective folders. It may also go away with just a reboot if maybe a relevant driver or something was recently updated. I believe that CC will probably still work if you press the option keys on the menu, but the menu is failing to load any of the png files to give you the preview so you know what you are trying to select, so you'd basically have to try using it blind until you are able to get your system to load the png files properly.

Edit: Found the old messages from before of the issue not sure if either of them resolved it:

Looking through nikkrom's profile, it looks like at one point they identified that they had non-english characters in their installation path for DOAXVV, and that is known to cause problems with 3DMigoto (the modding platform used in DOAXVV) which could have possibly been an underlying cause.

psbox001 had communicated to me the error over DMs and never got back with me after I had them try opening the png files in explorer. They never DMed be back, but it looks like they also didn't further have the issue afterwards since they continued participating in the forums afterwards from our DM conversation w/o seemingly additional issues.

Does anyone have experience making high heels for cc mods? I had a go...

The result is all right but the high heels absorb some of the weights from the model's feet. Notice how the left heel bends upwards with the left foot but the right heel remains perfectly rigid. Is this something that can be fixed by monkeying with the weights?

I noticed @SavageMoonBoy appears to have gotten around a similar problem in his Lisa Candy Corner mod by simply making the shoes sink into the ground instead of shortening the model's legs like i did. Did he go through a similar process, I wonder?

DOAX-VenusVacation_210127_095745.thumb.jpg.b99b506de865edb2b7be7ad489d4b659.jpg

@Geradness - The game seemingly has never actually relocated the bones on any of the suits and you'll notice even the ones they produce have slight deformation in the heels, however matching that result isn't too difficult. If it's borrowed from another suit in game, then I'd recommend using the original weights and just correcting the order as shoes only really have 2-3 vertex groups used so it's fairly quick to do that. Otherwise, your only other option is to do the weight paint yourself. It's not terribly too difficult. To ensure that weight paint matches between the legs and the shoes. Duplicate both the leg body mesh, shoes, toe-nails (or however many are involved), merge them all together and do the custom weight paint on the merged mesh. Use a merged mesh set of an in-game heeled suit to see the typical layout of the weight paints involved, and its easiest to use the "Weight Gradient" tool combined with a "Clipping Border" to do smooth transitions and limit what you are painting to match the example appropriately. Once done, do weight-transfer from the merged meshes to the individual meshes and then correct the vertex group order for the different pieces.

I can try and show a step-by-step but it'll have to be later this week as I've been really busy at work lately.

1 hour ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Geradness - The game seemingly has never actually relocated the bones on any of the suits and you'll notice even the ones they produce have slight deformation in the heels, however matching that result isn't too difficult. If it's borrowed from another suit in game, then I'd recommend using the original weights and just correcting the order as shoes only really have 2-3 vertex groups used so it's fairly quick to do that. Otherwise, your only other option is to do the weight paint yourself. It's not terribly too difficult. To ensure that weight paint matches between the legs and the shoes. Duplicate both the leg body mesh, shoes, toe-nails (or however many are involved), merge them all together and do the custom weight paint on the merged mesh. Use a merged mesh set of an in-game heeled suit to see the typical layout of the weight paints involved, and its easiest to use the "Weight Gradient" tool combined with a "Clipping Border" to do smooth transitions and limit what you are painting to match the example appropriately. Once done, do weight-transfer from the merged meshes to the individual meshes and then correct the vertex group order for the different pieces.

I can try and show a step-by-step but it'll have to be later this week as I've been really busy at work lately.

A step by step would be lovely. I really struggle to understand some of the concepts on here which is why it takes me so long to make progress on my mods.

15 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@sagraxxx - I'm pretty sure I seen others have a similar issue to this before but I'm not sure what they had to do to resolve it (if they even figured out how to resolve it). What's weird is the error code it mentions 0x80004002 which is a windows error code for "No Such Interface supported" on specifically the png file resources. As to why your system seemingly is failing to load png files, not really sure. Try seeing if you can open them in explorer from their respective folders. It may also go away with just a reboot if maybe a relevant driver or something was recently updated. I believe that CC will probably still work if you press the option keys on the menu, but the menu is failing to load any of the png files to give you the preview so you know what you are trying to select, so you'd basically have to try using it blind until you are able to get your system to load the png files properly.

Edit: Found the old messages from before of the issue not sure if either of them resolved it:

Looking through nikkrom's profile, it looks like at one point they identified that they had non-english characters in their installation path for DOAXVV, and that is known to cause problems with 3DMigoto (the modding platform used in DOAXVV) which could have possibly been an underlying cause.

psbox001 had communicated to me the error over DMs and never got back with me after I had them try opening the png files in explorer. They never DMed be back, but it looks like they also didn't further have the issue afterwards since they continued participating in the forums afterwards from our DM conversation w/o seemingly additional issues.

Thank you very much for the information, it helped me a lot; I only had to change the reading mode of the xml file, with the notepad, which I did not have installed, because I changed the files to a new hard disk, with a new OS;
in the past many thanks to all the participating MODDERS who make all this agglomeration of happiness possible !!!!
However, KuroKaze78, I threw another detail about the DMM game, since when starting the game it only executes 15 or 20 FPS;
and only when pressing the CTRL or ALT or SHIFT key; it rises to 50-60 fps, stable, I don't know !!! how these parameters were modified !!!
On 11/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

You may notice some spring cleaning going on on the first post. I'm moving the Mod and Mod-Packs to the downloads section. I'll still be updating the tutorial sections and some stuff here, but figured i could at least off-load the installation notes into the download section. Also adding more screenshots in the download section than i wanted to clutter the top post with. On a side-note, @IceTree5 provided me a refreshed look on all the menu graphics that you may see in the new screenshots in the Fishnet&Lace Mod download page. I'll be updating the main mod to include those for everyone, the body torso will likely be changing for modders so that it can potentially be split in two for bikinis (bra can specify custom top-portion of the torso) or left as 1 for one-piece suits (panties can set either full torso or only bottom torso section, full torso overrides any custom top piece set by the bra category) and an update of the NudeStraps to include support for Marie Rose this weekend.

For the torso-split, the working concept is to split at the narrowest section of the waist. Not only do I have to update the mod for this, but also the Mod Pack Generator tool needs a quick update to support the new capability as well.

This week aside from working on Marie, I played a bit more to learn about messing with shaders. I fixed the export of the alpha-enabled clothing shader so I could make modifications to it and also made some changes to the body shader since I prefer darker tans. If you want try out the modified body shader feel free to try it out. It should be copied into your DOAX-VenusVacation/ShaderFixes folder. If you want to poke around in it, lines 86 and 89 control the color and amount of extra tan. I set it to use the SuntanColor of Nyotengu and added about 50% more. It results in overkill for some characters at max tanning level, but since you can just reduce the tanning level in game, you can still balance it out for all the characters to your liking unless you want to back to pale skin. Also, this was originally looked into to see the feasibility of what I proposed in the main discussion thread about having a skin texture overlay, possibly for tattoos/nail color/etc thats blended on top of the normal skin for a given character.

Preview:DarkenSkin.jpg.0a7e06ef03adcbfa02d817af4c4a7b1a.jpg

Shader: 88919121becebe35-ps_replace.txt

The other part i poked around with is I'm planning later to try and implement re-coloring support to each piece available via the Costume Customizer. Right now, i got it working for individual draw calls as long as ps-t118 is set. I'll need to make a lot more changes, and creating a suitable menu + preview for all of this will take time, so I don't anticpate getting anything shareable until december (especially since I've got a 15 day vacation coming up on Thanksgiving).

Re-color proof of concept:

ReColor.png.eb0517ca66929226ce686b0e75eb47ff.png

Note: The purple/blue are still the red texture, just dynamically re-colored via the shader.

Hey Guys, this is my first Time posting here so have Mercy with me please :).

I have a specific Problem. I Want to apply darker tans to the Girls and followed Kuro's Steps here. I downloaded his Shader-File and put it in the Shaderfixes-Folder.

However even if i put different Numbers in the specific Lines, the Tan always stays the same.

Help would be kindly appreciated.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:50 PM, unkbrbr3 said:

1071083326_1.thumb.png.dd06cf05dad612b3d70408e066cf1003.png

The costume on the left is before it is combined and the costume on the right is after it is combined. Combining the vertices with the removed body creates corners that are not smooth. Is there a way to fix this?

What you're looking for is the Data Transfer Modifier, use it to transfer the custom normals from the original mesh to the newly combined vb mesh.
After adding the Data Transfer Modifier to the vb mesh, set the source object to the original mesh then toggle Face Corner Data, Custom Normals and Topology (or whatever transfer method looks best to you) 

Before (Modifier Visibility Disabled)

Spoiler

image.png.fb123722d3f8797affc90e5f33fbe9b7.png

After

Spoiler

image.png.8730c16f10d863ef7b3ced7376084242.png

2 hours ago, IPK said:

What you're looking for is the Data Transfer Modifier, use it to transfer the custom normals from the original mesh to the newly combined vb mesh.
After adding the Data Transfer Modifier to the vb mesh, set the source object to the original mesh then toggle Face Corner Data, Custom Normals and Topology (or whatever transfer method looks best to you) 

Before (Modifier Visibility Disabled)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.fb123722d3f8797affc90e5f33fbe9b7.png

After

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8730c16f10d863ef7b3ced7376084242.png

I am glad to inform you that the problem is now solved.