Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

@utaro3018 - Definitely an issue with weights. I assume the pieces are using the correct vertex orders (based on the screenshot it seems like it they are otherwise they would likely look much worse). Now to actually correct the weight paint, you'll either want to manually edit the weights to likely smooth them out so there isn't such a harsh break between her breasts and just below it, or go back to the original weight paint that was present on the mesh initially and instead of doing a weight transfer, rearrange the original vertex groups to match the vertex group order the mesh is supposed to use to be compatible. I believe I have a post somewhere in here that explains that better and I'll try and locate it but the example is, if SuitWeights mesh 1st vertex group is the right nipple and the 2nd vertex group is the neck, then you would want to locate the right nipple vertex group in the brassiere and move it to the top to make it the 1st vertex group and then locate the neck vertex group and move it up to be the 2nd vertex group. This would repeat for all of the available vertex groups in SuitWeights for the brassiere. If there are extra vertex groups in the brassiere than what are available in suit weights, they'll need to be removed and hopefully they still have some weight paint on them for existing vertex groups but if not you'll have to extend the relevant weight paint to those vertices accordingly.

@lafan20 - The Backtick key ( ` - generally the key to the left of 1) with or without CTRL is used to both switch to the preset menu and cycle through the preset pages.

3 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@utaro3018 - Definitely an issue with weights. I assume the pieces are using the correct vertex orders (based on the screenshot it seems like it they are otherwise they would likely look much worse). Now to actually correct the weight paint, you'll either want to manually edit the weights to likely smooth them out so there isn't such a harsh break between her breasts and just below it, or go back to the original weight paint that was present on the mesh initially and instead of doing a weight transfer, rearrange the original vertex groups to match the vertex group order the mesh is supposed to use to be compatible. I believe I have a post somewhere in here that explains that better and I'll try and locate it but the example is, if SuitWeights mesh 1st vertex group is the right nipple and the 2nd vertex group is the neck, then you would want to locate the right nipple vertex group in the brassiere and move it to the top to make it the 1st vertex group and then locate the neck vertex group and move it up to be the 2nd vertex group. This would repeat for all of the available vertex groups in SuitWeights for the brassiere. If there are extra vertex groups in the brassiere than what are available in suit weights, they'll need to be removed and hopefully they still have some weight paint on them for existing vertex groups but if not you'll have to extend the relevant weight paint to those vertices accordingly.

@lafan20 - The Backtick key ( ` - generally the key to the left of 1) with or without CTRL is used to both switch to the preset menu and cycle through the preset pages.

Thank you for your reply
Are the posts described below?

>Vertex Groups w/ Weight Paint
>For Vertex groups and weight paint. When replacing a mesh, the main key point is that the order of the vertex groups must match the order of the replaced mesh. Meaning if the first vertex group of the original target mesh (being replaced) is intended for the left elbow, the replacement mesh should have its first vertex group also intended for the left elbow.
>Because of this, its generally the most simple solution to just wipe the vertex groups from the replacement mesh, and transfer weights from the original mesh to the replacement mesh. This transfer will create the vertex groups and attempt to apply appropriate weight paint to the vertices that exist in the replacement mesh.
>If performing your own weight paint, alternatively you can create the vertex groups manually and assign the appropriate weight paint while referring back to the original mesh to figure out which region you should be applying your weight paint for. If no weight paint is needed, just create an empty vertex group to keep the vertex group order correct.
>If porting something from a pre-existing mesh. alternatively you can either manually re-arrange the vertex groups to match the correct order or you can rename boy the original and replacement vertex groups to match the names for their intended purpose.
>Once both are replaced, duplicate the original mesh, go to edit mode and delete all vertices. This will leave a "mesh" with no vertices but still have the vertex groups with the correct order and matching names. Now you can merge the replacement mesh into the duplicated original mesh (be sure to select the replacement first followed by the duplicate and then press CTRL+J in object mode). This will merge the vertex groups of like names which results in the replacement mesh vertex groups rearranged in the order of the original mesh vertex group order.

>Cycle through each vertex group in imported mesh
>Rename vertex group and give it a descriptive name (ex: left elbow)
>Find matching vertex group in provided blender mesh
>Rename matching vertex group the same descriptive name (ex: left elbow)
>Duplicate the imported mesh
>Delete all vertex groups in the duplicate
>Transfer weights from provided blender mesh into duplicate. (Fixed)
>Delete all vertices from duplicate mesh
>Select the original imported mesh (or another duplicate if you are the cautious type)
>Shift-Select the empty duplicate mesh (no vertices, but correct order of matching vertex groups)
>Merge the meshes (Usually: CTRL+J)
>The duplicate should now have the imported mesh with the correct order for the vertex groups

I read it, but I can't find a matching vertex group. I'm sorry.

Matching vertices must have the same vertex group number in the photo and the location of the object.
Does that mean?

For example, in two photos
The group of strings is 83
23 chest groups
Does that mean it doesn't match?

I'm very sorry, but I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to find a matching vertex group.

Captcha1.PNG

Captcha2.PNG

3 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

I thought I was going insane because it never works regardless if I press ` with or without CTRL, could it be because I am using the English United Kingdom language pack on Windows?

Edit: Installed the English US language pack, works fine.

@lafan20 - Good to know. I've only tried US and JP. I had to remove the CTRL modifier because it never worked with JP IME, didn't realize there would be a issue using UK. In the next release I'll try to remember and maybe add Backspace as a secondary way to go to presets/change preset page since it should be more universal (backtick will still be valid too though).

@utaro3018 - It's definitely one of the harder ways of doing it but it does tend to give better results. It helps if you load and select all the relevant original meshes (body, clothing + the target piece(s)) and do the "Merge 3DMigoto Poses" then join the meshes completely as well so that when you look at the vertex group you'll see how it lines up on all of the original meshes rather than just 1 single piece. If there is a equivalent nude mod for that original suit you should be able to combine that + the target mesh to make it even clearer. Once you have this combined mesh that makes it more clear what are equivalent vertex groups, you can either rearrange that one and then delete all the extra meshes you combined into it, or if you properly merged them into your target piece (so that the vertex group names didn't change on you in reference to the target mesh) you can use it just as a guide and rearrange the vertex groups on a copy of the unmerged target mesh.

Now for the strings, they likely have additional vertex groups that don't exist in takao since they are probably independent, so you'll likely just have to get rid of them and weight paint those vertices manually if there isn't any weight paint on them at all once you remove the extra groups. While in Weight Paint mode, use "Active" display when trying to match (shown below in blue) and use "All" when trying to determine if vertices have at least some weight paint at all (shown below in red).

image.png.c42a5153416bfe6c223c59c0540c6a5c.png

16 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@lafan20 - Good to know. I've only tried US and JP. I had to remove the CTRL modifier because it never worked with JP IME, didn't realize there would be a issue using UK. In the next release I'll try to remember and maybe add Backspace as a secondary way to go to presets/change preset page since it should be more universal (backtick will still be valid too though).

@utaro3018 - It's definitely one of the harder ways of doing it but it does tend to give better results. It helps if you load and select all the relevant original meshes (body, clothing + the target piece(s)) and do the "Merge 3DMigoto Poses" then join the meshes completely as well so that when you look at the vertex group you'll see how it lines up on all of the original meshes rather than just 1 single piece. If there is a equivalent nude mod for that original suit you should be able to combine that + the target mesh to make it even clearer. Once you have this combined mesh that makes it more clear what are equivalent vertex groups, you can either rearrange that one and then delete all the extra meshes you combined into it, or if you properly merged them into your target piece (so that the vertex group names didn't change on you in reference to the target mesh) you can use it just as a guide and rearrange the vertex groups on a copy of the unmerged target mesh.

Now for the strings, they likely have additional vertex groups that don't exist in takao since they are probably independent, so you'll likely just have to get rid of them and weight paint those vertices manually if there isn't any weight paint on them at all once you remove the extra groups. While in Weight Paint mode, use "Active" display when trying to match (shown below in blue) and use "All" when trying to determine if vertices have at least some weight paint at all (shown below in red).

image.png.c42a5153416bfe6c223c59c0540c6a5c.png

Thanks for teaching me a lot

It is very difficult because there is no technique to fix the weight paint manually.

I tried it with a bra.
Photo ①
Select Load (Body, Clothing + Target Piece), Merge 3D Migoto Pose to completely join the mesh
→ No3

Photo ②
Loaded costume mesh
→ No26

Photo ③
BodyWeights_Common_HighRes
→ No44

Do I need to move and export the number of loaded meshes to match BodyWeights_Common_HighRes?

Do you want to transfer weights from BodyWeights_Common_HighRes after matching?

Captcha1.PNG

Captcha2.PNG

Captcha3.PNG

@utaro3018 - The point of matching them is that you don't do transfer weights at all. It's about matching the order

For #1 - It looks like you merged them into 000160 mesh (last one you selected before doing merge + join). Since you want 000187, you should select 187 last and merge them all into it. That will refactor all the other meshes to fit into the vertex groups from 187. This way if you had shown that result as photo #1, it would still be vertex group 26 instead of vertex group 3 that matched.

Here is a representation of what I am talking about.

Spoiler

Here are 2 meshes with vertex groups/weight paint. MatchCube represents BodyWeights or SuitWeights. OriginalCube represents the imported mesh.

image.png.3a32324a4cee4419e4414e7fa6857f1e.png

Match Cubes Vertex Groups:

image.png.6751537b13f933ed8a3c819607e04f32.png

Vertex Group 1 for Match we'll call LeftGroup.

image.png.623ba469c301b5a291daf4dfdce8a738.png

Vertex Group 2 for Match we'll call CenterGroup.

image.png.599efea4a69c26ad4e3f3372200497a2.png

Vertex Group 3 we'll call RightGroup.

So to Summarize.
MatchCube Vertex Group order

1. "1" (LeftGroup)
  2. "2" (CenterGroup)
  3. "3" (RightGroup)

Now we'll look at OriginalCube, the imported mesh.

image.png.0cc2b81c9778912d0128cfaaa5d14484.png

Vertex Group 1 for OriginalCube matches CenterGroup

image.png.3fc52603206ebfeafcb05dc15f53abdc.png

Vertex Group 2 for OriginalCube matches RightGroup

image.png.2703eb4421c1974afd815ed9ae7f33c4.png

Vertex Group 3 for OriginalCube matches LeftGroup

To Recap:

OriginalCube vertex group order

1. "1" (CenterGroup)
  2. "2" (RightGroup)
  3. "3" (LeftGroup)

Now we want to rearrange the vertex groups in OriginalCube to match the same order as MatchCube. Match cube's first vertex group was LeftGroup, so we'll move OriginalCube's LeftGroup (vertex group named "3") up so it's now the first vertex group in the list.

Before:

image.png.0e0ee27b390a114555020812058cebfa.png

After:

image.png.44d420a3471360007660f9d4e5e5ecf9.png

Moving on, MatchCube's second 2nd vertex group was CenterGroup which was OriginalCube's "1". Because "1" got shifted down when we moved LeftGroup to be first, its now in the proper position.

MatchCube's 3rd vertex group is RightGroup which is OriginalCube's "2" which is also in the correct position because it shifted down.

Now to recap:

1. MatchCube: "1" (LeftGroup);           OriginalCube: "3" (LeftGroup)
  2. MatchCube: "2" (CenterGroup);      OriginalCube: "1" (CenterGroup)
  3. MatchCube: "3" (RightGroup);        OriginalCube: "2" (RightGroup)

OriginalCube now matches the vertex group order of MatchCube. Which if these were DOAXVV meshes, you could export OriginalCube now and replace MatchCube with it and it would be placed and move properly.

On 11/1/2020 at 1:12 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@utaro3018 - The point of matching them is that you don't do transfer weights at all. It's about matching the order

For #1 - It looks like you merged them into 000160 mesh (last one you selected before doing merge + join). Since you want 000187, you should select 187 last and merge them all into it. That will refactor all the other meshes to fit into the vertex groups from 187. This way if you had shown that result as photo #1, it would still be vertex group 26 instead of vertex group 3 that matched.

Here is a representation of what I am talking about.

Reveal hidden contents

Here are 2 meshes with vertex groups/weight paint. MatchCube represents BodyWeights or SuitWeights. OriginalCube represents the imported mesh.

image.png.3a32324a4cee4419e4414e7fa6857f1e.png

Match Cubes Vertex Groups:

image.png.6751537b13f933ed8a3c819607e04f32.png

Vertex Group 1 for Match we'll call LeftGroup.

image.png.623ba469c301b5a291daf4dfdce8a738.png

Vertex Group 2 for Match we'll call CenterGroup.

image.png.599efea4a69c26ad4e3f3372200497a2.png

Vertex Group 3 we'll call RightGroup.

So to Summarize.
MatchCube Vertex Group order

1. "1" (LeftGroup)
  2. "2" (CenterGroup)
  3. "3" (RightGroup)

Now we'll look at OriginalCube, the imported mesh.

image.png.0cc2b81c9778912d0128cfaaa5d14484.png

Vertex Group 1 for OriginalCube matches CenterGroup

image.png.3fc52603206ebfeafcb05dc15f53abdc.png

Vertex Group 2 for OriginalCube matches RightGroup

image.png.2703eb4421c1974afd815ed9ae7f33c4.png

Vertex Group 3 for OriginalCube matches LeftGroup

To Recap:

OriginalCube vertex group order

1. "1" (CenterGroup)
  2. "2" (RightGroup)
  3. "3" (LeftGroup)

Now we want to rearrange the vertex groups in OriginalCube to match the same order as MatchCube. Match cube's first vertex group was LeftGroup, so we'll move OriginalCube's LeftGroup (vertex group named "3") up so it's now the first vertex group in the list.

Before:

image.png.0e0ee27b390a114555020812058cebfa.png

After:

image.png.44d420a3471360007660f9d4e5e5ecf9.png

Moving on, MatchCube's second 2nd vertex group was CenterGroup which was OriginalCube's "1". Because "1" got shifted down when we moved LeftGroup to be first, its now in the proper position.

MatchCube's 3rd vertex group is RightGroup which is OriginalCube's "2" which is also in the correct position because it shifted down.

Now to recap:

1. MatchCube: "1" (LeftGroup);           OriginalCube: "3" (LeftGroup)
  2. MatchCube: "2" (CenterGroup);      OriginalCube: "1" (CenterGroup)
  3. MatchCube: "3" (RightGroup);        OriginalCube: "2" (RightGroup)

OriginalCube now matches the vertex group order of MatchCube. Which if these were DOAXVV meshes, you could export OriginalCube now and replace MatchCube with it and it would be placed and move properly.

Thank you very much

The bra has become beautiful.
Very grateful

I understand the order of the vertex groups
I will study weight painting. ..

Captcha.PNG

help2.png.61117b880f2f6194cecb3b6be324edf1.png

Hello, so I've had a go at recreating the Norimaki suit in CC.  It's gone really well thanks to all the help you've given me.  The only problem I have now is that for some reason the mod is stretching the breast texture when I turn on the top part of the suit.  You can see it in the image... though it's kind of hard to see.  The areolae and tan lines are wider on the visible part of the breasts in the second image than the first one. I took the meshes by scanning Momiji's body in the suit, and this is Patti's body, who has smaller breasts IIRC.  Does that have anything to do with the problem?

EDIT: Ok, apparently the body for the Norimaki suit just bulges like that, which is stretching the areolae that aren't normally supposed to be there.  I can get around it by editing holes into the shared common_breast mesh, but, eh, I'd like to preserve that aspect of the suit if possible.  I suppose that would involve re-mapping the textures over the enlarged breasts? Is that something I can even do?

help3.png.c1051ee9fb34060afb53b0d5fca3cd0e.png

All, I'm aware that it appears to be broken in the DMM version. I'll look into it tonight after work.

Possible fix, not sure if there were any other side effects from the new shader yet, but for now add the following orange text to your d3dx.ini:

[ShaderOverrideClothesPS4-Old]
; Halloween bikini frills, Takao Skirt
; Bytecode hash: 93b7f8cf - not found in 2018-12-06 update
; Bytecode hash: 3de8b0dc - Added gMaterialParam2 check
;hash = 2e475e8cc581dcba
hash = 8ab8b0dcca924945
run = CommandListClothes
[ShaderOverrideClothesPS4-20200610]
; Bytecode hash: 20955db8
hash = 5ed99f004bf2fa7b
run = CommandListClothes
[ShaderOverrideClothesPS4-20201105]
hash = 86ea375d41faa35e
run = CommandListClothes

10 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

All, I'm aware that it appears to be broken in the DMM version. I'll look into it tonight after work.

Possible fix, not sure if there were any other side effects from the new shader yet, but for now add the following orange text to your d3dx.ini:

;hash = 2e475e8cc581dcba
hash = 8ab8b0dcca924945
run = CommandListClothes
hash = 5ed99f004bf2fa7b
run = CommandListClothes
hash = 86ea375d41faa35e
run = CommandListClothes

it works on common and maria body

doesnt work on honoka:)

hope that helps

7 hours ago, Maasim said:

image.png.db8df916b648e689d768c63ecc9710f5.png

There's a problem with buf files. Its not reading it. :(

You need to get another buf file from a 3dmigoto frame analysis.

1 hour ago, ayawrxsti said:

it works on common and maria body

doesnt work on honoka:)

hope that helps

[ShaderOverrideClothesPS13-20201105]
; Bytecode hash: 854a6c07
hash = 02da19c390d6535f
run = CommandListClothes

Maybe this code can solve it. Added it in your d3dx.ini

17 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

;hash = 2e475e8cc581dcba
hash = 8ab8b0dcca924945
run = CommandListClothes
hash = 5ed99f004bf2fa7b
run = CommandListClothes
hash = 86ea375d41faa35e
run = CommandListClothes

4 hours ago, SavageMoonBoy said:

You need to get another buf file from a 3dmigoto frame analysis.

[ShaderOverrideClothesPS13-20201105]
; Bytecode hash: 854a6c07
hash = 02da19c390d6535f
run = CommandListClothes

Maybe this code can solve it. Added it in your d3dx.ini

It can work. thanks. ^^

• 2 weeks later...