Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

Sorry to keep jerking this around with minor updates, but it's kinda bugging me and a bummer that I can't seem to reproduce the issue. The gui is made up of a main form with 4 tabs, each character tab contains a user control "CostumeBuilder", which contains the preset tab and 10 other tabs that contain another user control "ItemBuilder." Based on your screen shot it seems that the CostumeBuilder control is the one that isn't resizing properly. I did originally have the main gui at ~600 pixels tall, CostumeBuilder was 680 pixels tall, and ItemBuilder was ~750 pixels tall. it shouldn't matter as they are set to resize properly, but just in case thats the issue, i corrected them so their default heights were large enough to contain the children w/o shrinking. Also enabled AutoResize to allow for Grow&Shrink rather than just "Grow." Hopefully, one of these changes does something in v0.9.3.

0.9.3 is the same. Also I tried to boot my PC to old Win7, it's the same too.

Finally, I found out the problem.

It is related to the windows language, I have to change all my windows language from my native language to English, then restart, and it's lookĀ perfect now.

Spoiler

cc-english.png.2a6a1099de20a1dd5e7545c9ccded734.png

The different is the font face.

English one is smaller & sans-serif.

@catshitzĀ - Don't worry about it, I put that up there knowing full well that not everyone would feel comfortable trying to do it. I am planning on making a tool that will autogenerate the default files for you and also possible extend the mod to have an entire page of custom user presets that mix and match but it probably wont be done/released until next weekend (11/2 or so timeframe) as I won't be home this weekend and right now I'm trying to migrate over the two content packs to also cover Honoka, Luna and Marie. Got Marie done for the Lace set right now and I may be able to finish Honoka tonight or tomorrow since half of the Lace set is just re doing weights of the Aradia Lace mod and then add a few things. Anyhow, to address your immediate need you can use this in the Common_Default.ini file.

Ā 

[CommandListSetDefault]
if ResourceLoadedDefault === -0.0

Ā run = CommandList\Mods\Costumes\CostumeCustomizer\Common.ini\Reset

Ā 

Ā ; NS Panty
Ā x7 = 3
Ā y7 = 1
Ā run = CommandList\Mods\Costumes\CostumeCustomizer\01\Common.ini\Select

Ā ; NS Glove
Ā x7 = 5
Ā y7 = 1

Ā ; NS Stocking/Heels
Ā x7 = 6
Ā y7 = 1

Ā ; NS Garter belt
Ā x7 = 7
Ā y7 = 1

Ā ; NS Garter belt
Ā x7 = 7
Ā y7 = 1
Ā ; NS Heel Accessory
Ā x7 = 9
Ā y7 = 1

Ā 

Ā ;DO NOT MODIFY
Ā ResourceLoadedDefault = ResourceTrue
endif

Ā 

The above is for if you installed NudeStraps in slot 01. if you instead installed it into slot 02, then just replace all the "\01\" with "\02". This basically sets each piece of the standard V1 preset but excludes the bunny tail. Otherwise, try to bear with me for a couple more weeks until I get the other tool up so you can select each piece yourself a lot more visually.

Ā 

Ā 

@minazukiĀ - Wouldn't have expected the language settings to do that, but I'll take a look to see if there's a way to deal with it now that I may be able to recreate it myself. It's kinda interesting that the only element that i changed the font size for (General tab "Costume Customizer Mod Pack Generator" at 24pt font) is the only one that didn't change its font, so I wonder if only the items that were not changed from the default font style were available to change. I wonder if I just overwrote the font to a specific setting would that also solve the issue?

Spoiler

cc-works.png

Ā 

Stack Overflow discussing this very issue:Ā https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3780454/c-winforms-how-to-prevent-font-changing-based-on-os-language

CostumeCustomizer_Fishnet&Lace_v2.0.zipĀ is released andĀ has been updated to cover Honoka/Luna and Marie Rose. Also added a new piece for all characters which is ported from funnybunny666's Fishnet Dress collection. The weights for the new piece needs more work, but I decided to release what I have now since I'll be out this weekend. Later I'll try to fix the weights or find a way to utilize the original weights from the DOA5LRĀ mod instead of transferring weights from the DOAXVV suit. I forgot to grab any pictures w/ Honoka or Marie before it went into maintenance mode but here's a shot of the new piece.

DOAX-VenusVacation_181025_124603.jpg.540dc71d313957830e2c2a4f363c6578.jpg

581858796_FL_preview3.jpg.dbe90576ebe3f6cda60515bc19d1ef4e.jpg

Ā 

Also did a quick patch (v1.2) of the main mod because I didn't notice originally there was a bug when reloading using F10 where the default wasn't being reset properly.

Full:Ā CostumeCustomizer_v1.2.zip

Patch:Ā CostumeCustomizer_PATCH_v1.2_(for v1.0+).zip

Ā 

There another quick modification I plan to make to the main mod, but I didn't want to do it blind w/o testing, but the goal is to rearrange the draw order again so that ACC1 is drawn before the shirt and skirt pieces. This is because I haven't successfully found a way to fix alpha blending yet, so they only blend properly in one direction. Moving ACC1 to draw before the shirts will allow alpha-enabled garters to properly blend underneath a shirt or skirt.

@aesopb34664Ā - You are missing the d3dx.ini modifications. You will need to either follow step 2 from the main installation directions (copy over your d3dx.ini with the one I provided)Ā or the manual patching steps documented there instead. The modifications allow the mod to know when its dealing with shadows and when its dealing with clothes being drawn.

If you are missing the modifications, effectively every category other than Bras, Panties and Skirt will likely mess-up.

7 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@aesopb34664Ā - You are missing the d3dx.ini modifications. You will need to either follow step 2 from the main installation directions (copy over your d3dx.ini with the one I provided)Ā or the manual patching steps documented there instead. The modifications allow the mod to know when its dealing with shadows and when its dealing with clothes being drawn.

If you are missing the modifications, effectively every category other than Bras, Panties and Skirt will likely mess-up.

Thank you for your reply, I guess I forgot to save the change

Usually, you'll need to fit the suits to the body mesh or the body mesh to the suit. Currently, I've only tied the torso of the body mesh to the panty category as that's intended to be the clothes that areĀ the tightest fitting to the body. Your options are either give more tolerance between the suit and the body by adjusting the vertices slightly more from the body, or adjust the weight paintĀ to handle the differences in bust size between the different characters. Typically i find adjusting the mesh to be easier than adjusting the weights, although if thats what you want to try doing, try this out:

Ā 

1. In the game, put the character in the pose where you see it clip.
  2. Perform the frame analysis dump
  3. Identify which ### is the body/skin (body draw #) from the frame analysis
  4. Identify which ### is the bikini (bikini draw #) from the frame analysis
  5. Open blender and your .blend file (ideally based of the common_weights.blend i've provided w/ your meshes added)
  6. Select eachĀ body mesh in your blender file (or clothing mesh assigning to a "body weights" category)
    1. File > Import > 3DMigoto pose (.txt)
    2. Select pose file that corresponds to the body draw # (000###.2-[commandlistskin]-vs-cb2=....txt)
  7. Select each mesh your are assigning to the bra/panty or skirt category (if desired)
    1. File > Import > 3DMigoto pose (.txt)
    2. Select pose file that corresponds to the bikini draw # (000###.2-[commandlistclothes]-vs-cb2=....txt)

It should not look almost the same as how it did in game and hopefully its clipping in the same way. You can attempt to correct weights of clothing as needed to fix the clipping. Just make sure you normalize weights before re-exporting. You may also have to remove the pose before exporting as well.

Ā 

I'll try to grab some screenshots to add to these steps as well in a bit.

@sinsitroyĀ - The key point is that you must have the following items associated with the mesh before you can export:

Ā 

RequiredObjectCustomProperties.png.d662d18468a8c1bf3d927881b6b3d474.png

Ā 

Now, I used to enter those custom_properties manually, but thats a huge pain. So instead I follow these steps:

Ā 

The eRelatively quick-and-dirty version is the following:

1. Import your custom mesh (xps, nif, tmc, whatever) into blender.
  2. Fit the mesh to the body
  3. Remove old parent/skeleton/bones/vertex groups (make sure to keep any transformations if you used the skeleton to fit it to the mesh)
  4. Import target original mesh to be replaced (like the tutorial for editting an existing ib/vb)
  5. Duplicate original mesh
  6. Go into edit mode for the duplicate
  7. Select all vertices (Press "a" while cursor is in the 3D view)
  8. Delete all vertices (note, the mesh should still exist, just the mesh now has no vertices, this mesh can now be used to "reset" transform properties, and transfer the custom object properties into each custom mesh piece)
  9. Go to object mode.
  10. Select the custom mesh
  11. Shift+select the duplicate mesh that has no vertices anymore
  12. Merge the meshes together (Press CTRL+J while the cursor is in the 3D view)
    • This will merge your custom mesh into the duplicate mesh object
    • As a result, the combined mesh will have the custom properties from both mesh (meaning your custom mesh now has the 3DMigoto custom properties it needs
    • It will also apply the location, scale and rotation modifications of the custom mesh and inherit the transform properties of the original mesh;Ā setting it to Location: 0,0,0 and Rotation: 90, 0, 0
  13. Rename the resultant combined mesh if desired.
  14. Transfer weights & vertex groups (Merging may have messed up the vertex groups if what your transferred weights from isn't the same mesh that you merged into)
  15. Go to the "Data" Properties tab.
  16. Rename the UV maps to TEXCOORD.xy for ps-t0, TEXCOORD.zw for ps-t1, TEXCOORD1.xy for ps-t2, and if applicable TEXCOORD1.zw
    • Each TEXCOORD### you attempt to define should have a equivalent 3DMigoto:TEXCOORD### custom property that has a value "{'flip_v':1}" in the "Object" Properties Tab.
  17. Export the custom mesh as a VB/IBĀ using the 3DMigoto plugin.

Ā 

The orange text are the primary key points for handling a mesh that wasn't imported into blender via the 3DMigoto.

You may notice some spring cleaning going on on the first post. I'm moving the Mod and Mod-Packs to the downloads section. I'll still be updating the tutorial sections and some stuff here, but figured i could at least off-load the installation notes into the download section. Also adding more screenshots in the download section than i wanted to clutter the top post with. On a side-note, @IceTree5Ā provided me a refreshed look on all the menu graphics that you may see in the new screenshots in the Fishnet&Lace Mod download page. I'll be updating the main mod to include those for everyone, the body torso will likely be changing for modders so that it can potentially be split in two for bikinis (bra can specify custom top-portion of the torso)Ā or left as 1 for one-piece suits (panties can set either full torso or only bottom torso section, full torso overrides any custom top piece set by the bra category)Ā and an updateĀ of the NudeStraps to include support forĀ Marie Rose this weekend.

Ā 

For the torso-split, the working concept is to split at the narrowest section of the waist. Not only do I have to update the mod for this, but also the Mod Pack Generator tool needs a quick update to support the new capability as well.

Ā 

This week aside from working on Marie, I played a bit more to learn about messing with shaders. I fixed the export of the alpha-enabled clothing shader so I could make modifications to it and also made some changes to the body shader since I prefer darker tans. If you want try out the modified body shader feel free to try it out. It should be copied into your DOAX-VenusVacation/ShaderFixes folder. If you want to poke around in it, lines 86 and 89 control the color and amount of extra tan. I set it to use the SuntanColor of Nyotengu and added about 50% more. It results in overkill for some characters at max tanning level, but since you can just reduce the tanning level in game, you can still balance it out for all the characters to your liking unless you want to back to pale skin. Also, this was originally looked into to see the feasibility of what I proposed in the main discussion thread about having a skin texture overlay, possibly for tattoos/nail color/etc thats blended on top of the normal skin for a given character.

Ā 

Preview:DarkenSkin.jpg.0a7e06ef03adcbfa02d817af4c4a7b1a.jpg

Ā 

Shader:Ā 88919121becebe35-ps_replace.txt

Ā 

Ā 

The other part i poked around with is I'm planning later to try and implement re-coloring support to each piece available via the Costume Customizer. Right now, i got it working for individual draw calls as long as ps-t118 is set. I'll need to make a lot more changes, and creating a suitable menu + preview for all of this will take time, so I don't anticpate getting anything shareable until december (especially since I've got a 15 day vacation coming up on Thanksgiving).

Ā 

Re-color proof of concept:

ReColor.png.eb0517ca66929226ce686b0e75eb47ff.png

Note: The purple/blue are still the red texture, just dynamically re-colored via the shader.

1 hour ago, KuroKaze78 said:

You may notice some spring cleaning going on on the first post. I'm moving the Mod and Mod-Packs to the downloads section. I'll still be updating the tutorial sections and some stuff here, but figured i could at least off-load the installation notes into the download section. Also adding more screenshots in the download section than i wanted to clutter the top post with. On a side-note, @IceTree5Ā provided me a refreshed look on all the menu graphics that you may see in the new screenshots in the Fishnet&Lace Mod download page. I'll be updating the main mod to include those for everyone, the body torso will likely be changing for modders so that it can potentially be split in two for bikinis (bra can specify custom top-portion of the torso)Ā or left as 1 for one-piece suits (panties can set either full torso or only bottom torso section, full torso overrides any custom top piece set by the bra category)Ā and an updateĀ of the NudeStraps to include support forĀ Marie Rose this weekend.

re, just dynamically re-colored via the shader.

I want to change hair color. How can I do it?

Thank.

Ā 

Ā 

@hh35 - A while back I posted a proof of concept of doing a simple texture replacement for Marie Rose's hair, and then on 2ch someone improved it to cover all of Marie Rose's hair style. You can find thatĀ here. It's effectively a standard texture replacement that swaps the original hair texture out with a custom one.

Ā 

Since you are linking me talking about custom shaders and doing re-coloring with that. I did a "quick" attempt that quickly turned into 4 new shaders that had to be repaired, modified and then only find out there are plenty of other hair shaders that haven't been mapped yet meaning even more work to do before it's bug-free. Not to mention, apparently some of the pixel shaders used for hair are also used for clothing which makes it a bit trickier.

Ā 

Anyways, yes its possible and via a similar approach to re-coloring suits, just it could take a while to work out bugs and set-it up so you can make the custom settings unique to each character's hair styles.Ā  Basically, yes I can attempt to do a more stable/usable mod to enable experimenting with hair color recolorization and then permanent mods that then become the default hair color, but for now I'd recommend just doing the texture replacement method.

ReColorHair.png.1fb72ea7ccd0b9bd6b3cbde5bb14da91.png

Ā 

Just released the v1.3 update, mainly includes the new menu from IceTree5 that's leaps and bounds better than my quick silhouette graphics I created. There were also template files provided for creating preview and icon graphics for Modders. You can also find those in the download page.

Ā 

Another impact for Mod creators is that the chest mesh can now be broken into 2 pieces. I still need to update the GUI tool to add support for specifying them, but essentially the panty category can either override the full chest mesh (like it has been), or it can only override the lower half of the chest, which would allow the Bra category to choose either the default or a custom mesh for the top half of the chest. If a Panty item does use the full chest mesh, like say for a one-piece suit, the custom bra body mesh would be ignored. The Bra itself will still attempt to draw, but if it needed a custom body mesh because it hugged the body extremely close or something, you will likely have them clipping each other.

21_BodyMeshBreakup.png.315ef1f26646fd7e4c79f79d8de54367.png

Ā 

A couple of minor changes in v1.3 is that I fixed an issue I noticed that the option selection (pressing 1-0,-/+) continued to function after the menu was closed. So I fixed that, and I also rearranged the draw order for transparent objects.

The new order (slight change based on intended purpose and closeness to the body):

1. Panty
  2. Bra
  3. Accessory 1 (So far, I've been using this section for garters/garter belts)
  4. Skirt
  5. Glove
  6. Shoes
  7. Chest
  8. Accessory 2
  9. Accessory 3
  10. Accessory 4

Due to the nature of the alpha-transparency drawing, the goal is to have them drawn from innermost objects to outermost objects. When I added the transparency for the Lace Garter and the Fishnet dress, I noticed that the Lace Garter didn't show up behind the Fishnet Dress. The Chest category is effectively intended for like an overshirt or Dress, or jacket. So, I moved it out further in the draw order.

Ā 

Ā 

UPDATE: I've updated the ModPackGenerator tool and moved all the Modder resources to their own Download Page. The new update to the generator tool includes a few bug-fixes and most importantly adds support for the new split for the torso. I've also verified that it should be backwards compatible in case any Modders have project files already based on the old set-up. It just means that if you had any custom meshes for the torso, you still do and they will still work. However, if you want to make use of the split torso, you'll need to split the mesh along the correct seam (see the updated blender files) and then switch in the Mod Pack Generation tool from having a custom Torso mesh, to a custom groin and breast mesh (suggestions for changing the labels of these are welcome, I couldn't think of anything better at the time).Ā Also be sure to fix the normals for the seams. The new seam in the middle of the stomach is especially noticeable if you don't fix it. I'llĀ repost a discussion I had via PMsĀ in the tutorials section for info on how to fix the seams in blender.

FYI, while converting my NudeStraps mod to use the CCModPackGenerator tool I found out INI generation was broken for the Glove category. It's now been fixed and I also think i finally fixed an issue with the combo boxes constantly changing their display value (even though usually the project XML was still correct).

Ā 

I've tried something different for dealing with the weights and vertex groups for Marie Rose's port of the NudeStraps clothing. Turns out the way the blender plug-in works for the Vertex groups and how they interact in-game is that the only thing that matters is the order of the vertex groups. So, I compared the DOA5LR vertex groups against the BodyWeights mesh in the Marie Rose Weights blender file and renamed the BodyWeights mesh Vertex Groups to match what they represent in DOA5LR. Once the names match, create a marker mesh like I described above that only keeps the Custom Properties and the newly renamed vertex groups. Then when you merge the DOA5LR mesh into the marker, The DOA5LR vertex groups are then correctly reordered to fit DOAXVV. There are some catches though.

Ā 

It's probably been said in the main discussion topic, that there are far more vertex groups around the butt and breasts of the characters (likely for the dynamic resizing and lotions in this game), however outside of that, it seems like they are pretty much a match. So, for atleast the arms and legs, they are transferrable. I'm not sure if every DOA5LR mesh uses the same name for the bones in the TMC file, but if I find some parts are somewhat standard I'll upload a new version of the blender files with the updated vertex group names. This helps alot for me for the shoes, because previously I had to hand recreate the weighting for the high-heels, but now it seems like I should be safe using the DOA5LR weights directly.

Ā 

Preview (Definitely need to revisit the fishnet dress to fix the clipping...):

DOAX-VenusVacation_181112_143507.thumb.jpg.98b2856dea0b2f65857f8d82ac5a6a02.jpg

I may have gotten more done if this weekend wasn't a VS. event with everyone likely sitting on 100+ waters, and my refusal to spend all my V-Stones on trying to get Lei Fang (one of my fav chars, but too anxious about not having enoughĀ V-stones leftĀ for anniversary next week).

@Kooki974Ā - If i had to guess, i'd say the folder structure and names areĀ probably not named correctly. Looking back, it seems I accidentally changed how i was packaging the framework mod between v1.1 and v1.2.

Ā 

v1.0 and v1.1 was a zip containing the folder "CostumeCustomizer"

v1.2 is a zip containing the folder "CostumeCustomizer_v1.2"

v1.3 is a zip containing the folder "CostumeCustomizer_v1.3"

Ā 

Problem is, the folder when installed in the Mods/Costumes/ Folder must be called "CostumeCustomizer" exactly. That's a fault on my part. Before I make a change however, couldĀ I get input on whether people would prefer I revert to the old convention of including only a folder calledĀ "CostumeCustomizer" or whether I change it so it includes the folder structure and have the directions list that you should extract/copy the entire contents of the zip into the root of the DOAX-VV folder?

Ā 

Ā  Folder structure should be the following. Top level is the install folder for DOAXVV.

• DOAX-VenusVacation
    • DOAX_VV.exe
    • d3dx.ini
    • Mods
      • Costumes
        • CostumeCustomizer
          • Common.ini
          • Honoka.ini
          • Marie.ini
          • draw_2d.hlsl

Ā 

For reference, that error message is saying that there is an INI file that is trying to reference the following resource that should be defined in the specific INI file:

The INI file at "mods\costumes\costumecustomzier\common.ini" sould contain the following entry "ResourceAccessory2a...", unfortunately its chopped off in your screenshot, but enough is listed, that for some reason either there isn't an ini file available at "mods\costumes\costumecustomzier\common.ini" or that INI file doesn't have an entry for ResourceAccessory2a..." or whatever it is. My guess is likely the former.

@catshitzĀ It'd be easy enough for me to port it to a CostumeCustomizer Mod Pack. If it wasn't yet noticed, I don't stray from the kinky piercings.Ā The reason why you see NaySan's mod credited for the nipple rings and chain is because the first import I technically attempted was actually the majority of one of the armour sets from that mod. It took me forever because i was selecting each ring/link individually and relocating them one-at-a-time into the correct location and after it took me almost a dozen hours and i could actually attempt to see what it looked like in game, it looked kinda terrible (mostly on my part) at the time. I did go back a month or two ago and fixed "some" of the issues but the weight-paintingĀ still is pretty bad, and there really won't ever be physics applied to the pieces.

Ā 

Anyways, yes I can add it.Ā If I had to choose, I guess it should go into the panty category (like a one-piece) and if I do, I'll likely stick it with the Nude Straps collection to go along with the other piercings in the Accessory 4 slot. I'd like to add more piercings eventually to that set as well, such as more linked piercings, but for those I either need to find an existing mesh people already express permission or are willing to give it for re-using/porting, or attempt to do my own. But if it came down to making my own mesh-mod, I've been thinking more about creating a shibarikini first as I've never seen anyone make a mod for those yet.

Sorry for the delay, I just released an update for the NudeStraps Set1 Mod Pack which is now in the download section

Main change is that the pieces are all now ported to Honoka/Luna and Marie Rose.

Ā 

02_HonokaKasumiV1.thumb.jpg.1735f9185a2a614fabb77fca41a26ef5.jpg03_MarieKasumiV1.thumb.jpg.c049e383d30ed919d84d9a0a2049442c.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

On a side note, I'll be going on vacation starting wednesday for 2.5 weeks, where I'm not planning on using blender or anything like that, I'll probably just check-in if at all to help with any issues people have. I don't think I have time to finish the user-preset/default tool before I leave, so I may just spend a bit creating a quick new Mod Pack that will start to port some of the N/R suit piecesĀ over to use with the Customizer.

Ā 

@sakurakyoko765Ā - Be sure to disable any other mod that affects the target suit.

Ā 

ReplacedSuit.png.7be1af9c75b134de21a91c396048b133.png

Ā 

Of the ones out there include either my original NudeStraps mod, or Knight77's "NormalSuit_RedHip" mod. That issue you have is exactly what will happen if 2 mods both attempt to replace the body at the same time.

Ā 

To disable a mod, just prefix the folder with "DISABLED <FOLDER NAME>".

Example:

Rename "NormalSuit_RedHip" -> "DISABLEDĀ NormalSuit_RedHip"

Ā 

You can use Knight's d3dx.ini if you want (both of ours should be nearly identical), just follow the manual patching steps to add support for mine in the installation instructions.